History PBEM

German Empire: Scott sfluhr@indiana.edu
Austro-Hungarian Empire: Soundwave - sor_richards@hotmail.com
Italian Empire: Cyrion - vfrache@hotmail.com
British Empire: The Anzac - theanzac@hotmail.com
Ottoman Empire: Dream Deceiver - a.kaarna@pp.inet.fi
Russian Empire: Pap - pap1723@hotmail.com
French Empire: Sas - sastokke@broadpark.no

I almost forgot: make sure you all use the muiltevents file for the scenario, not the normal (singleplayer) events file. Just move the events file to another directory and rename muiltevents.txt to events.txt

House Rules
There is a 48hour time limit, if you dont have your turn with in that time, you give it to someone esle, unless you have like the most coolest excuse, and invasion on switzerland doesn't count

And please tell everyone if your go on hoilday and then get someone to fill in for you, dont get someone your at war with if you are, i know, but you never know.

Thanks Alot guys

And thats it, onwards to victory and the conquest of Europe... also let the dipolmacy begin!!

Good luck all!

Last edited by Soundwave; April 9, 2002 at 05:31.
Old April 8, 2002, 20:03   #2
Soundwave
Prince

Local Time: 18:32
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Europe as it stands...

(thanks for the map Grothgar)
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	map.gif
Views:	516
Size:	8.1 KB
ID:	13044  
Old April 9, 2002, 04:38   #3
Scott F
Prince

Local Time: 01:32
Nothing much happened.
Attached Files:
File Type: net 1901jan_germany.net (229.2 KB, 7 views)
Old April 9, 2002, 05:49   #4
Soundwave
Prince

Vienna Times

Firstly, the Emperor today congratulated the Kraiser on his forced occupation and liberation of Belgium and Holland, he was quitely stunned when the Kraiser said 'nothing much happened' today of the telegram machine.

Also today great liberation of Europe...

Montengero seized
As part of pre-emptive strike plans, the Austro-Hungarian 2nd Army marched into Podgorica and seized all government officals, while the prince escaped to France.

Serbia Invaded
With Russia waiting in the Flanks, the Austro-Hungarian 1st and 3rd Army invaded Serbia, to crush the slavish population and stabilish the country.

Elite Apline Troops take Galati
In a rouse to stop a Russian Invasion of Rumania Austria called for volutneers to invade the city and cut off the Russian Advance... it succeeded with miniumal casluties.

Romanian Decleared A Austrian Province
If any 'foreign' forces are seen there, they will be fired upon.

Austrian Diplomats Work Hard
Dipolmats working hard even to impress Metterich or Bismarck. The Austro-Hungarian Empire had formed Non-agression Pacts, Defensive Alliances and Miltary Alliances. With all Nations, no one feels any discontent with the Empire and the Empire is feeling very secure.
Attached Files:
File Type: net austro-hungarianturn.net (229.2 KB, 6 views)
Old April 9, 2002, 19:18   #5
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

London Times
The British Empire would like Germany to remain in possession of Belgium, but Britain asks for an indemnity of 150 gold for the country's occupation as it hurt many British businesses there.
Old April 10, 2002, 01:51   #6
Scott F
Prince

The Imperial German government will consider the British proposal.
Old April 10, 2002, 05:45   #7
Soundwave
Prince

The Emperor Ferdinand II, is so pround the stablity of Europe is in the Hands of such wonderful and intelligent leaders such as the British King and German Kaiser.

Last edited by Soundwave; April 10, 2002 at 16:34.
Old April 10, 2002, 07:50   #8
Scott F
Prince

Kaiser only has one "r" in it. Not two.
Old April 10, 2002, 18:14   #9
Cyrion
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 08:32
Chaos in North Africa
La Repubblica

Angry mobs stormed the streets of Tunis and Sfax and attacked the christians of the cities! All the european shops were sacked, among those a lot belonging to the honourable italian merchants!!

The crazy fanatics even burned a few churches to the ground!!

By chance, the battleship Garibaldi was cruising towards the naval base of Palermo and could be quickly derouted to the rescue of the peaceful civilains molested in Tunis!!

After the Garibaldi routed the mob, a contingent of the Italian Army occupied the city and restored order!!

During the same time, a stong contingent of the Royal Marines landed in Sfax and quickly brought calm in the city.

OOC: the Shock Troops have a move of 3, all as road: isn't it too much?? I mean, that's 12 on all grounds!!! 2 (so 8) would be enough, like for Alpine troops!!

And again, Italian alpine troops are Bersaglieri!!

And here is the save:
Attached Files:
File Type: net 1901jan_italy.net (229.2 KB, 5 views)
Old April 11, 2002, 00:14   #10
Soundwave
Prince

Hes the update then, i relized, and noone told me, the we were recieving neutral conscripts every turn, so i got rid if that, can we get rid of it in the saved game, coz it would ruin it, if we are getting one each turn!

Last edited by Soundwave; April 18, 2002 at 00:47.
Old April 11, 2002, 02:54   #11
Cyrion
King

Yeah, I realized I had a Neutral Conscript in Rome, but as he had a Swiss flag, I just considered he was part of the Vatican Swiss Guard of the Pope...

Anyway I just disbanded it... Back to his chocolate and mountains...
Old April 12, 2002, 08:53   #12
Cyrion
King

Remarks and questions...
Soundwave, once again I come with a few things to say about the units "balance"...

Well, actually we're not only playing, but testing as well, right ???

First, a question: the "+50% defense against movement factor of 2": is it valid ONLY against "move of 2", or for "move of 2 and more"??

Because if it's move of 2 ONLY, then the "special defensive units" won't work agaisnt Cavalry, Yanitshar and most Tanks!! They would only be effective agaisnt Infantry of any kind and Artillery!!! I'm not sure it's what you intended ???

And my usual "movement" complaints:

1) Yanitshar: "all as road" and "move of 4"; that's move of 16 on all grounds!!! unstoppable!! and "ignore fortifications" as well??? Nice unit indeed... What I would propose: "move of 3" and "all as road" (still quite good, no??), removing the "ignore fortifications" (horses against trenches?? ugly sight...) and lower the cost from 140 to 120 !! (hey, I'm not trying to weaken the Ottoman... )

2) Imperial Guard (Russia): either move of 2 (instead of 3) or remove the "all as road" (which I would prefer: really strong unit!!)

3) Maybe lower the move of ALL Medium Tanks (German, British and Italian, the others are already 2) from 3 to 2 ?? And lower Defense from Light Tanks from 5 to 4 (otherwise, they have the same as Medium Tanks...)

4) It seems the Ottoman won't be able to build a Fighter after the Biplane: is that correct?? And no Medium Tank either, even weaker?? Poor Ottoman...

5) A few units still have the "Can spot warships in adjacent squares" on for no good reason: italian light tank M11/39, freight, Imperial Guard, Engineers.

6) The Marines are too cheap!!! What about 100 or 110 instead of 80 ???

OK, that should be enough for today...

Of course, that's only my opinion...

What do you all think about it???
Old April 12, 2002, 16:26   #13
sas
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 06:32
France makes territorial demands!

French officials announced today a series of plans to secure French interests in Spain and Africa. The following Cities and Territories is now considered a part of France, and any millitary aggression against any of these Cities is considered an act of war against the French empire.

The demands are as followed:

In Africa:

*Tangiers
*Fez
*Azrou

In Spain:

*Barcelona
*Valencia
*Zaragoza
*Madrid
*Valladolid
*Salamanca
*Seville

France allso recognices British interests in the area, and will not claim Cadiz, Lisbon and Sanatandar.

-Pierre Rousseau-
Old April 12, 2002, 16:32   #14
Soundwave
Prince

The Austrian Emperor Ferdinand II is concerned about the great amount of wealth the French Nation will get from the Conquest of Africa and the once Hapsburg Nation of Spain.

He calls for an international conference, to discuss these European Matters...(on MSN everyone duh)

Thank you

Last edited by Soundwave; April 12, 2002 at 21:26.
Old April 12, 2002, 16:54   #15
sas
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

I suggest the international conference is held in this forum, as i dont use MSN.
Old April 12, 2002, 17:29   #16
Dream Deceiver
Chieftain

The Great Sultan addresses regarding Frances demands:
The Ottoman Empire feels that France is knowingly attempting to cause bloodshed in Europe with her imperialistic aggressions towards Spain. The best way to solve the issue is to share Spain with all countries that have a geographical right to demand territories from Spain. Those countries are France, Britain, Italy and the Ottoman Empire.

I believe that this dilemma can be solved without violence and it will benefit all the Empires in the deal.
Old April 12, 2002, 17:46   #17
Soundwave
Prince

Med Crisies

I have told the Ottoman Sultan, that if Italy, or Ottomans have rights, then I have rights in the med as well, as my entire powerful fleet is there. Also if Ottomans get a say, then Germany and Russia should have a voice as well.

Also to the French Dipolmat who sent the Ottoman and Austrian Foreign Ministry the same msg to help us both in the 'eastern question' the Ottomans and Austrians are in a strong alliance, and we have already discussed the dividing of the Balkans, so please do not put your French nose in the Blakans
Old April 12, 2002, 17:59   #18
sas
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

Quote:
we have already discussed the dividing of the Balkans, so please do not put your French nose in the Blakans
Good for the both of you. I wouldt dream of putting my nose in the balkans. Like i said to the both of you, i have no intersts in eastern Europe.

Quote:
The best way to solve the issue is to share Spain with all countries that have a geographical right to demand territories from Spain
With the exception of Britain, France rejects the demand to share territories.
Old April 12, 2002, 18:10   #19
Dream Deceiver
Chieftain

Quote:
I have rights in the med as well, as my entire powerful fleet is there. Also if Ottomans get a say, then Germany and Russia should have a voice as well.
The Ottoman Sultan agrees on Austrias demands to participate in the sharing of Spain. Austria is a major player in the Mediterranean game and should be counted.

Quote:
With the exception of Britain, France rejects the demand to share territories.
The policy France is carrying is a policy of terror and greed.
At least Italy has an equal right to participate in the deal.
We would like to evade the use of force and we hope that France will come to her senses and agree on the terms proposed.
Old April 12, 2002, 18:11   #20
sas
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

France is willing though to consider som kind of compensation to meet the demands of Italy, Austria and the Ottoman Empire.

-Pierre Rousseau-
Old April 12, 2002, 18:12   #21
Pap1723
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Prince

Local Time: 00:32
Tzar Pappisomivich of Russia reports.

I would like to stay at peace, so that the peace loving peasants of Russia can focus on developing thier minds and economy as opposed to their military might.

Pap
Old April 12, 2002, 18:16   #22
sas
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

Frankly though, if we are going into this kind of Territorial "sharing". I would be in my full right to claim territory in the Balkans .....

But as long as i consider this to be nonsense, i will not.
-----------------------
Montengero seized
As part of pre-emptive strike plans, the Austro-Hungarian 2nd Army marched into Podgorica and seized all government officals, while the prince escaped to France.

Serbia Invaded
With Russia waiting in the Flanks, the Austro-Hungarian 1st and 3rd Army invaded Serbia, to crush the slavish population and stabilish the country.

Elite Apline Troops take Galati
In a rouse to stop a Russian Invasion of Rumania Austria called for volutneers to invade the city and cut off the Russian Advance... it succeeded with miniumal casluties.

Romanian Decleared A Austrian Province
If any 'foreign' forces are seen there, they will be fired upon.

------------------

need i go on ?
Old April 12, 2002, 18:16   #23
Soundwave
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by sas
France is willing though to consider som kind of compensation to meet the demands of Italy, Austria and the Ottoman Empire.

-Pierre Rousseau-

Compensation will be met in French Blood, and Austrian Steel. If Spain is divided then Austria wants a part simple as that!!
Old April 12, 2002, 18:18   #24
Dream Deceiver
Chieftain

Quote:
I can't speak on behalf of Italy or Austria, but the Ottoman Empire
isn't interested in any French bribes. Unless you cancel your territorial demands in Spain problems I assure you that you will face armed interfere from other countries. I hope that you will understand your situation, for your own sake.
Old April 12, 2002, 18:23   #25
sas
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

Please tell me the difference between my claims and other countries millitary conquests.

To give you an idea:

*Kraiser on his forced occupation and liberation of Belgium and Holland

*Montengero seized

*Serbia Invaded

*Elite Apline Troops take Galati

*Romanian Decleared A Austrian Province

Your hypocrisy is obvious...
Old April 12, 2002, 18:31   #26
Dream Deceiver
Chieftain

The Ottoman Empire wouldn't oppose French imperialism if they would occupy only small amount cities. The problem here is that Spain is big and if France invades it will upset the balance of power in Europe. Also huge amount of gold will be plundered.

Thats why only reasonable solution would be partition of Spain.
No one wishes Spain to become a battlefield to the powers of Europe and France should understand that by taking all of Spain she is declaring a war.
Old April 12, 2002, 19:47   #27
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Britain will accept France's move in Spain if they respect Britain's influence over our longtime ally of Portugal and France only keeps to Northern/Central-North Spain. Also Britain support Greece and exercise control over Greece and Crete!
Old April 12, 2002, 19:56   #28
Dream Deceiver
Chieftain

Quote:
Also Britain support Greece and exercise control over Greece and Crete!
The Balkans are already shared between Austria and Ottoman Empire. Greece is ours but as a gesture of good will and friendship the Ottoman Empire will give Crete to Britains sphere of influence.
Old April 12, 2002, 20:05   #29
The ANZAC
King

London Times
The United Kingdom promised to hold Greek independence from the Ottoman Empire since 1820, with support from Russia. We will accept Crete, but mainland is for the fastest!
Attached Files:
File Type: net uk1901jan.net (229.2 KB, 4 views)
Old April 12, 2002, 20:40   #30
Dream Deceiver
Chieftain

The Ottoman Empire occupies Greece in a daring naval operation. The brave marines are greeted by the cheering citizens.
Attached Files:
File Type: net turkey1901jan.net (229.2 KB, 4 views)