View Poll Results: Should these posts remain topped?
Keep the Court thread topped 12 10.26%
No, a link is enough for the court thread 17 14.53%
Abstain 1 0.85%
Keep the Current Report Topped 23 19.66%
No, Just link to Current Report 6 5.13%
Abstain 0 0%
Keep History Topped 8 6.84%
no, Link to History 20 17.09%
Abstain 1 0.85%
Keep next time topped 22 18.80%
no, Just post in Executive thread 7 5.98%
Abstain 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 19, 2002, 12:10   #1
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 00:34
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Official: What posts do you wish to remain topped?
With the creation of the Directory thread some links COULD now be de-topped.

The advantages of this is that when something is added, they will return to the front page and notify all that something new has been added. They will remain linked to in the directory for convenience and reference as well.

The posts in question are:

The Court Thread.

Current Report Thread (may make a new one for this term)

The History thread (WILL make a new one WITHOUT replies)

Next Chat time (times will be posted in directory if any chats are held. Threads will always be linked to)

Question: Which of these should remain topped
Duration: 7 days
Abstain: Will be counted as 'yes' in tabulating %

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; August 19, 2002 at 17:07.
Old August 19, 2002, 13:31   #2
Epistax
Civilization III Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 01:34
Nice poll man.
Old August 19, 2002, 13:43   #3
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

If you're going to do something, do it right.

And thanks.

I would like to point out a query, to those of you wishing for the next time to be kept topped: Why would that be better than having the same info in the directory thread?

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 19, 2002, 13:46   #4
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 02:34
I said keep all topped except the history, then I read that the history would be rewriten. If it is rewriten, then I have no objections to keeping it topped. As a mater of fact, I think it would be kinda nice to keep it topped.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old August 19, 2002, 16:03   #5
Ninot
PtWDG RoleplayC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

history has to come down
it isnt very official in any case. history is determined by the victors, or anyone for that matter
Old August 19, 2002, 16:37   #6
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 08:34
Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
I would like to point out a query, to those of you wishing for the next time to be kept topped: Why would that be better than having the same info in the directory thread?
Actually, none, if you keep the info very seeable in the directory thread (say, it's the first thing one can see, and it's in large bold letters).
If you intend to do so, please swich my vote to "no" for the "next time" thread.
Old August 19, 2002, 16:58   #7
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Please keep the Court Thread topped.

I feel it is important to keep it as accessible as possible. Plus, we are linking to other threads in it. Thus to find a case, all anyone need do is go to the top, find the case post and follow the link to the case.

That, with the Current Govt and a combined Memberlist/Welcome and Join thread would make 3 topped threads. Is that too many?
Old August 19, 2002, 17:03   #8
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

BTW. I think you may have twisted results with how you used Abstain. Shouldn't Abstain lean towards 'do not make any changes'? You have it so that those who have a problem with some mechanic of your proposal agree to detop the threads.

/Edit. Good, I see it changed.

Last edited by notyoueither; August 19, 2002 at 17:10.
Old August 19, 2002, 17:03   #9
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
If you're going to do something, do it right.

And thanks.

Good point. If it were posted at the top of the directory thread (not linked to), and if everyone knew it was there, then it wouldn't matter, but I assumed that the poll meant that it would be linked to in the directory thread. If it gets close, and if you plan to do what I just said, then my vote can be manually changed to detop as well.

-- adaMada
Old August 19, 2002, 17:07   #10
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by notyoueither
BTW. I think you may have twisted results with how you used Abstain. Shouldn't Abstain lean towards 'do not make any changes'? You have it so that those who have a problem with some mechanic of your proposal agree to detop the threads.
You are very right. I was thinking that, but didn't write it out correctly, I will fix.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 19, 2002, 17:09   #11
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

And to clarify for everyone, the next times would be in the directory thread, not linked to, just nice big black letters that would stand out right under the executive section.

Personally I fail to see the logic in having a thread devoted to such a miniscule, two lines worth of info.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 19, 2002, 17:27   #12
kring
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerNationStatesCTP2 Source Code ProjectApolyton UniversityCivilization IV Creators
King

I voted to detop them all.

We currently have 7 things topped; anything more than one or two is just too messy. Put links in those one or two things to the others.

I appreciate the desire and reasoning for topping things, but it is currently out of hand; even worse when elections or other things are going on.
Old August 19, 2002, 18:08   #13
Epistax
Civilization III Democracy Game
Prince

To contrast with NYE, I don't see a reason to keep the court thread topped. For the smoothest possible, only one thread, a directory thread, should be topped, aside from probably a recruitment thread to keep things going.
Old August 19, 2002, 18:33   #14
Ninot
PtWDG RoleplayC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Epistax
To contrast with NYE, I don't see a reason to keep the court thread topped. For the smoothest possible, only one thread, a directory thread, should be topped, aside from probably a recruitment thread to keep things going.
agreed
although the court is important, most people wont care to check that thread unless they get into trouble, i presume.
Old August 20, 2002, 03:36   #15
notyoueither
Deity

Hmmm. What would be the opinion of 3 of the 5 members of the court? Was that sought?