Old August 19, 2002, 14:06   #1
Reddawg
Prince

Local Time: 01:34
Local Date: November 1, 2010
The State of the Nation: Statistics #1: 2590 BC to 430 BC
This report is intended to advise and analyze trends in Apolytonia over time. These stats are the result of analysis of three saved games, 2590 BC, 1400 BC, and 430 BC (current).

SUMMARY:

*The population of Apolytonia has swelled from 73,000 individuals in 2590 BC to 478,000 souls in 430 BC, an astronomical growth of 554.8%! Growth over approximately the first millenium was 183.6%; the latest millenium saw growth of an additional 130.9%.

*60,000 volunteers, indentured servants, and slaves now works the fields, roads, and mines of Apolytonia. This number has tripled in the last millenia!

*Termina has emerged as the nation's largest city, with 109,000 citizen and a growth over the last millenium of 43.4%.

*Banana HQ has proven to be the fastest growing city in all of Apolytonia, blooming 100% over the last millenium from 34,000 to 68,000.

*Apolyton brings in the most income, with 6 Lytons per turn, whilst Loveshack brings in the most income per capita, .133 lytons per thousand people.

*Apolyton produces the most shields, 6 per turn. Ubergorsk produces the most per capita, at .1 shield per thousand people.

*Apolyton, Termina, and Banana HQ are the only cities with scientific output, at one per turn. Banana HQ has the most per capita, .01 per thousand people.

*An alarming influx of foreign blood has caused a significant minority to emerge in parts of Apolytonia: the Americans. There are 38,000 people of American descent in the land, or 7.9% of the total population. The city of Gaia has the largest percent (100%!) while Del Monte has the most, at 22,000. This may disturb isolationists and Apolytonian supremists.

*The treasury has gone from an increase of 0 lytons/turn to 19 lytons/turn, a telling increase.

*Demographic highlights:
-Apolytonia's approval rating is on the rise, climbing from the bottom half of the rankings to second in the world, with 63%.
-The last millenium has seen the GNP climb from 12th to 8th, exploding 233.3%!
-Apolytonia's most impressive demographic is it's emergence from smallest nation in the land to third largest; thanks to recent conquests the land area has surged 243.5% in the last millenium!
-The most alarming trend is in the disease rate and life expectancy: The rate of infection has shot up to 45% from 13% two thousand years ago! Apolytonia is now the most diseased nation in the land! Despite two thousand years of progress, the life expectancy has remained at a constant 20 years, yet continues to fall in respect to other nations (from 1st place to 2nd to 4th).

Current Regional Comparisons:
•Region #1 (currently Apolyton, Termina, Tassagard, Banana HQ):
299,000; 0% foreign; 62.6% of national population. 18 Lytons income; 16 shields output; 3 science output.
•Region #2 (currently Timeline, Gaia, Del Monte):
76,000; 50% foreign; 15.9% of national population. 7 Lytons income; 4 shields output; 0 science output.
•Region #3 (currently Loveshack, Seeberg, Ubergorsk, Geofront, Napoleton):
103,000; 0% foreign; 21.5% of national population. 7 Lytons income; 7 shields output; 0 science output.

Foreign Comparisons:
*note: these stats are estimates based off of averages and cannot be made any more accurate by way of current knowledge of the country (and without cheating) thus all numbers are approximate*
~France = 535,000, or 1.12 times the size of Apolytonia
~Greece = 710,000, or 1.49 times the size of Apolytonia
~Aztec = 480,000, or 1.00 times the size of Apolytonia
~Persia = 600,000, or 1.26 times the size of Apolytonia
~England = 770,000, or 1.61 times the size of Apolytonia
~America = 115,000, or 0.24 times the size of Apolytonia
~Germany = 730,000, or 1.53 times the size of Apolytonia
~Russia = 570,000, or 1.19 times the size of Apolytonia
~Babylon = 200,000, or 0.42 times the size of Apolytonia
~Rome = 580,000, or 1.21 times the size of Apolytonia
Analysis: Numbers on the remaining 3 civilizations are unavailable, but we can conclude (based upon Apolytonia's world ranking of 12th in population) that there are either 1 or 2 as-yet-unknown civ's whose population is larger.

Military Stats:
*note:military stats are for the purpose of comparisons only, and are not absolute indications of strength; they are however adjusted to consider strength of units (to account for, example, that fact that 10 musketmen are better than 10 spearmen).*
+Total offensive power in 1400 BC was 4; defensive was 4; mobility was 6; there were 4 military and 2 civilian units.
+Total offensive power in 478 BC is 58(2 naval); defensive is 57(2 naval); mobility is 39(6 naval); there are 35 military units (2 naval) and 6 civilian.
+Offensive power has grown 1,450%!
+Defensive power has frown 1,425%!
+Mobility has grown 650%!
+The number of total units has grown 683.3%!

Suggestions to Ministers:
1. Based upon disease rate and life expectancy, steps should be taken by Public Works and City Planning to extinguish the plagues upon the good people of Apolytonia.
2. Efforts should be made to ensure that the capital city of Apolyton continues to grow: it's growth rate over the last century was a measly 5.6%.

If you wish for any further or statistics, or have any questions, contact Reddawg.

Last edited by Reddawg; August 20, 2002 at 16:22.
Old August 19, 2002, 14:14   #2
Vlad Antlerkov
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 00:34
Reddawg:

In Ninot's "Current Executive Report" thread, he has an archive of all the old saved games, dating back to the start of his term (I forget when).

Maybe we could get some intermediate statistics?

Other than that, good analysis.
Old August 19, 2002, 14:29   #3
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 02:34
Nice.

However, population of the cities should also consider how many of out people left the city to found new lands due to so called "over crowding" of villages, as well as the number of our people who have dedicaded their livelyhood in terms of seasional and public work projects, and as such move around to where the work is. (in other words, count the settlers [2 pop] and workers [1 pop] when doing the analysis).

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old August 19, 2002, 14:56   #4
Reddawg
Prince

Thx Godking, excellent idea. I've edited the stats to include these trends.
Old August 19, 2002, 15:01   #5
Epistax
Prince

If a city of 200,000 create a settler, they loose many more people than a city of 100,000 creating a settler.

*cough*game discrepancy *cough*
Old August 19, 2002, 15:33   #6
Reddawg
Prince

I realize that, and that when you add a settler to a larger city it adds a larger amount of people. But since it'd be overly tedious to determine what city made a worker and what size the city was at that time, and since we don't know when if ever it will be reassimilated into the general populace, we'll assume that all workers are 10,000 people and all settlers are 20,000 people.
Old August 19, 2002, 15:56   #7
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Thanks for posting this. Very interesting.

I didn't realize the Americans were such a small minority. I guess a lot of their towns were small.

Are you going to post updated statistics after the war with France?
Old August 19, 2002, 16:05   #8
Reddawg
Prince

I'm glad you like it.

Yeah, the Americans are a small minority and are slowlying being assimilated; they may eventually cease to factor into the statistics. But I suspect there will always be a few of them!

Yes I will be posting stats after each term from now on, or more often as is deemed necessary. The dynamics of the entire nation will change a great deal if we succesfull conquer the French.
Old August 19, 2002, 16:09   #9
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 08:34
Great work all around! Both useful and interesting.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old August 19, 2002, 16:15   #10
Ninot
PtWDG RoleplayC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

a great read
makes the game seem more real
Old August 19, 2002, 16:41   #11
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

You can find all archives concerning the economy of 2nd term here : http://membres.lycos.fr/spiffor/archives.htm

These tables were updated between each turnchat / turnthread. You can find all economic info you need there.
Old August 19, 2002, 17:02   #12
Reddawg
Prince

Spiffor, thx, the economic is a good idea. I've edited the post again to include some more economic information that may be useful.
Old August 19, 2002, 20:17   #13
Reddawg
Prince

((zealously pushes topic back towards the top so everyone gets a chance to bask in the glory of my genius))
Old August 19, 2002, 20:23   #14
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Reddawg
((zealously pushes topic back towards the top so everyone gets a chance to bask in the glory of my genius))

Nice job . Any chance that you can add any stats at all comparing us with other nations (if any are available)? I mean, besides the #1, #2, #3 -- specific stuff, like "Greece is #1, we are #2" or anything is specific about comparing us to specific other nations.

I understand that that'd probably be very hard to do, and I'm not sure that the game even offers the information, but if it's possible, and if it's not too hard, that's what I'd find the most interesting of all.

-- adaMada
Old August 19, 2002, 21:01   #15
Reddawg
Prince

adaMada, after some extra number crunching, i was able to create 'some' foreign stats for you. because of the current states of the embassies (and lack thereof) i wasn't able to get much detail at all. but it turned up some interesting facts, such as that at least one as-yet-unknown civ is larger than us (maybe to, it's unclear from my estimates)

Old August 19, 2002, 21:39   #16
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Reddawg
adaMada, after some extra number crunching, i was able to create 'some' foreign stats for you. because of the current states of the embassies (and lack thereof) i wasn't able to get much detail at all. but it turned up some interesting facts, such as that at least one as-yet-unknown civ is larger than us (maybe to, it's unclear from my estimates)

Wow . Very impressive . Interesting data, too...

I added a link in the Foreign Ministry Office thread, since this is now a resource that can be used in Foreign Affairs work.

Again, awsome work!

-- adaMada
Old August 19, 2002, 23:01   #17
Reddawg
Prince

Thank you very much! it's my pleasure to do stuff like this. and thx for linking it, that's awesome.

i'm looking forward to the next time i can do a new set of stats... the later it gets in the game, the more detailed, interesting, and realistic the stats become! but there should be a lot more to say as soon as the French War is concluded. and once the 4 regions are firmly established, i expect there to be comparison (if not competition) between them.
Old August 20, 2002, 00:12   #18
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 03:34
Reddawg, it’s an excellent analysis, very interesting and useful. Congratulations and thanks for that!
Btw, are you thinking about illustrative info graphics of those stats? It's a lot of extra work, I know...
Old August 20, 2002, 07:05   #19
rendelnep
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Monty PythonC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Ankh-MorporkCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 18:34
Quote:
once the 4 regions are firmly established, i expect there to be comparison (if not competition) between them.
Oh bugger
Old August 20, 2002, 10:43   #20
Reddawg
Prince

Aro, graphs would definitely be nice; but they wouldn't be too great at this point, since I've based the data on three saves; I'll consider adding some after the French War.

Rendelnep, sorry lol... but isn't a little friendly/healthy competition good, if it spurs growth?

I'm going to add some military stats later on today!
Old August 20, 2002, 13:39   #21
Reddawg
Prince

Stats updated with Military stats.
Old August 20, 2002, 16:29   #22
Reddawg
Prince

The stats are officialy not exhaustive. I intend this to be the last update: I just added stats to the Summary on production and science, and updated the Region stats (region 1 is clearly the leader, region 2 is bringing up the rear)
Old August 20, 2002, 16:31   #23
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Great work
Old August 20, 2002, 23:48   #24
Reddawg
Prince

Thx, spiffor...

i just had a few distressing thoughts. if we establish embassies in the game, is anyoen going to have the forethought to take screenshots of any data that comes up from that??? b/c it would be infinitely useful.

who (as in what minister) would be in charge of intelligence?
Old August 21, 2002, 04:36   #25
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Ninot has a screenshot of Berlin from several turns ago (I believe we established an embassy with them during the last turnthread).
- Phantom of the Opera
Old August 21, 2002, 07:18   #26
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

hi ,

this is what we need

lets hope there are updates

have a nice day
Old August 21, 2002, 11:13   #27
Reddawg
Prince

Shiber, thx, ill see if i can scrounge up Ninot's screenshot of Berlin.

panag, thx man!

the next update is planned for immediately after the conclusion of the French War, which means sometime in the coming week.
Old August 21, 2002, 11:34   #28
Vlad Antlerkov
King

Local Time: 00:34
http://foreignministry.4t.com/

Never mind that it says England and France.

(Unfortunately, the screenie is a tad dated, at 510 BC.)
Old August 21, 2002, 11:44   #29
Reddawg
Prince

thx, Vlad