Old August 19, 2002, 18:57   #1
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 01:35
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Some troop movement ideas
While analyzing our current situation I came up with the following troop orders I would like to give, but since i am a deputy I want some imput. These movements don't change our situation much they just let us get to our troop distribution goal quicker
1) To provide spearman for settler in delmonte
a) Move current spearman from Gaia to Del Monte(3turns)
b) Move Spearman in Tassagrad to Gaia (3turns)
2) Move new spearman in apolyton to BHQ(Unless he is other wise commited)
3) Changed this order look at 6c
4) Move new spear in tassagrad to timeline(4turns)
5) Now here is a somewhat risky(slightly) move
When we send the army from timeline, send everyone there out. This would give us the first 2 occupying spearman for the invasion. One of the units heading to timeline will replace it in 4 turns. Unlike the movement of the spear from gaia there is a small risk that greece could rush at it, between the exiting of the army and the arrival of the new spearman. We could always get back and defend it, i just worry about tempting greece and endangering the french campaign.
6) To deny Persians Iron
a)Move warrior from ubergorsk to Geofront
b)Move warrior from Geofront to the iron ne of antioch
follow this path 3e,5ne,1e, this will give us some recon too of both the english and persians.
c) Move spear from BHQ to Loveshack
d) NEXT TURN move spearman in loveshack to Ubergorsk. The next turn is important because if we move it this turn we leave loveshack vulnerable.
7) When troops get to where they are going fortify in coming turns
Aggie

Last edited by Aggie; August 20, 2002 at 11:57.
Old August 19, 2002, 19:07   #2
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 06:35

I see no problems city happiness wise.

I haven't looked at this closely but there's also a vet warrior in BHQ (prob drop to reg if upgraded) perhaps you could upgrade him and then use him to back up timeline?
Old August 20, 2002, 00:08   #3
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 22:35
Local Date: October 31, 2010
One idea. This is the sort of thing Uber would appreciate. Move the warrior in Ubergorsk to Geofront, and the Geofront warrior takes advantage of our RoP with Persia to walk to the Iron deposit just NE of Antioch and sit on it. They cannot ask us to leave, and while we sit there they cannot get the iron needed to make Immortals. A Persia without Immortals is not a viable threat to our exposed Eastern side during the coming French conflict.

Consider it.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old August 20, 2002, 00:32   #4
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 08:35
Good ideas here.
btw, I seem to recall veteran units keep their veteranness when upgraded. Only elite units lose a rank when upgraded.
Old August 20, 2002, 00:34   #5
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 03:35
Quote:
Originally posted by Spiffor
Good ideas here.
btw, I seem to recall veteran units keep their veteranness when upgraded. Only elite units lose a rank when upgraded.
Checked. It’s right.

About the Togas idea, could this affect our relationship with the Persians?
Old August 20, 2002, 07:42   #6
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 06:35
Quote:
Originally posted by Togas
One idea. This is the sort of thing Uber would appreciate. Move the warrior in Ubergorsk to Geofront, and the Geofront warrior takes advantage of our RoP with Persia to walk to the Iron deposit just NE of Antioch and sit on it. They cannot ask us to leave, and while we sit there they cannot get the iron needed to make Immortals. A Persia without Immortals is not a viable threat to our exposed Eastern side during the coming French conflict.

Consider it.

--Togas
This is great. We have to do this.

Vets stay vets even better
Old August 20, 2002, 07:45   #7
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:

Consider it.

--Togas
Wow. Awsome idea. Another one I wish I'd thought of . We gotta do it .

-- adaMada
Old August 20, 2002, 11:09   #8
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:

Consider it.

--Togas
Citizens can work a tile occupied by a foreign military unit as long as the two have signed a RoP agreement.
However, if we send a settler there ASAP and then give the city to the English as a "token of our, uh, good will" we can stall Persia for a while, maybe even forever. This would certainly help us later when we make a grab for Persepolis and the Great Pyramids.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old August 20, 2002, 11:49   #9
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

good idea Togas and I am going to include it in orders.
However I do want ubergorsk to have 2 defensive units(It is after all our only iron source). So I am altering the orders for the spear from BHQ to send it to Loveshack and will have the spearman in loveshack go to Ubergorsk NEXT turn.(I will edit top orders to reflect this). If there are objections please speak up.
Aggie
Old August 20, 2002, 11:57   #10
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 03:35
Quote:
Originally posted by Shiber

Citizens can work a tile occupied by a foreign military unit as long as the two have signed a RoP agreement.
It’s right, but workers can’t do any improvements on this tile, included roads. And this specific tile is not connected. The Persians could not use the iron, even if they expand culturally.

IMO, it's a great idea.
Edit: typos, etc
Old August 20, 2002, 11:59   #11
Ninot
PtWDG RoleplayC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Shiber

AFAIK
you can also work that tyle if you dont have an ROP
i think the only time you cant touch it is if you are at war with that nation.
Old August 20, 2002, 12:29   #12
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Aro
It’s right, but workers can’t do any improvements on this tile, included roads. And this specific tile is not connected. The Persians could not use the iron, even if they expand culturally.

IMO, it's a great idea.
Edit: typos, etc
You are right, I didn't think of this.
Excellent plan then!
/me joins the bandwagon.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old August 21, 2002, 07:24   #13
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

hi ,

sounds fine Aggie

we could risk 6 d , it shall save a turn , ..

actually its not a risk

have a nice day