Old August 27, 2002, 14:00   #31
Ethelred
King

Local Time: 22:37
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Its on the setup page for new games. In the box for things like victory conditions and cultural grouping. If all the boxes are checked then you have accelrated production and that would explain the increased tech.

For instance are you building things unusualy fast in the game? That is what accelerated production is supposed to cause.

OK I just started a game with Accelerated Production turned on and instead of haveing columns of ten boxs for shields and food its only five boxes. So if you have five boxes then you have it turned on and it is clearly going to increase the speed of the game. Now to see the tech.

Yep tech rates are up as well. I set up with the Persians so I start with Bronze working and if I set my science spending to break even its only 20 turns to get Iron Working and normaly its the full forty. The most expensive in the first tier of tech is 17 turns.

So I think you have Accelerated Production turned on even if you don't remember doing it. I think if you try starting a new game you will see the box is checked.
Old August 27, 2002, 15:30   #32
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 02:37
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Thanks for saying me the trouble of looking up what that button did. I suspected it was as you said. I don't think I want that.
Old August 27, 2002, 15:36   #33
Nym
Prince

Local Time: 07:37
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Ethelred
Its on the setup page for new games. In the box for things like victory conditions and cultural grouping. If all the boxes are checked then you have accelrated production and that would explain the increased tech.

For instance are you building things unusualy fast in the game? That is what accelerated production is supposed to cause.

OK I just started a game with Accelerated Production turned on and instead of haveing columns of ten boxs for shields and food its only five boxes. So if you have five boxes then you have it turned on and it is clearly going to increase the speed of the game. Now to see the tech.

Yep tech rates are up as well. I set up with the Persians so I start with Bronze working and if I set my science spending to break even its only 20 turns to get Iron Working and normaly its the full forty. The most expensive in the first tier of tech is 17 turns.

So I think you have Accelerated Production turned on even if you don't remember doing it. I think if you try starting a new game you will see the box is checked.
Exact. I have only 5 rows for granary and production. Where the AI has only 4 rows. I never noticed if there is such a difference between the AI and me without Accelerated Production, but it could explain why I suddenly find the game much more difficult in the same level.
Old August 27, 2002, 15:37   #34
Ethelred
King

I think it is intended for impatient multiplayer games where some of the guys want to pretend they are playing Civ but really just want a quick deathmatch. Also it might be usefull for some scenarios. WWII in particular.
Old August 27, 2002, 15:45   #35
Ethelred
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Nym

Exact. I have only 5 rows for granary and production. Where the AI has only 4 rows. I never noticed if there is such a difference between the AI and me without Accelerated Production, but it could explain why I suddenly find the game much more difficult in the same level.
That is different. Thats the same ratio as Emperor. You always have ten or in this instance five in your boxes. The AI's changes. Normal is

Chieftan - 20
Warlord - 12 or maybe its 11
Regent -- 10
Monarch - 9
Emperor - 8
Deity ----- 6

So if they divide it by two there is problem for the Monarch level. That would make Monarch the same as Emperor except for the starting units and a few other things like tech rates and aggresion levels.