Old August 21, 2002, 04:46   #1
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 18:39
Local Date: November 1, 2010
The worst possible time for MWIA's computer to die...
At the worst possible moment, my computer has packed a hissy fit. For a while the CDROM drives have not worked in one of my OSs, and this has not been a problem with playing the game or viewing the save. On the attempt of the shop to repair this seemingly minor problem, my computer promptly refused to start EITHER OS, effectively preventing me from doing anything, including carrying out the turns in this game.

Although I can still occasionally use the Net and post, I cannot play the game on my flatmate's work computer, the whole purpose of being President, and this is clearly inadequate. I hold hopes of my computer being repaired within a week. Until then, I can only hope VP UnOrthOdOx can carry out the turns specified by Ministers.

I can only apologise to all who voted for me, all who supported me, and basically everyone for being this problematic. It is up to all of you to decide what must happen now - the status quo can be maintained and UnOrthO could take over for the hopefully short time I am without a computer; I could appoint someone to if UnOrthO is unable to do so, or I could be impeached if it is decided this is a bad enough situation.

The Impeachment amendment has not IIRC been implemented, in which case if there is a sufficient outspoken desire for it, I shall resign in lieu of an impeachment.

I will be back in action when the problem is fixed, and until then I will be present, but not nearly as often as before. What I will be when I return is wholly up to you all.

Sorry again for the annoyance, this has caused me considerable distress also.

Til Later,
MrWIA

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old August 21, 2002, 04:58   #2
Darkness' Edge
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Prince

Local Time: 17:39
damn
that really sucks...

but there's nothing you could have done about it, and surely the VP can take the reins until you're able to be active again
Old August 21, 2002, 05:07   #3
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 08:39
MWIA, I know how it feels. My computer has betrayed me at the worst times possible before. I wish you the best of luck in the future.

Now, It's been several days since the elections and we still didn't play a single turn. I suggest that the VP sets a date for the turnthread ASAP.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old August 21, 2002, 05:15   #4
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 00:39
Cheers Mr President. That's why we have a VP.

Get it fixed and come back.

Good luck.
Old August 21, 2002, 05:38   #5
DAVOUT
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 07:39
I suspect Joan of Arc ; she has probably got in touch with our President's computer to induce it to simulate a break-down in order to delay our final assault. For the future MWIA, you should make believe your dishonest computer that you have a back-up readily available.
Old August 21, 2002, 07:47   #6
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 03:39
I agree with DAVOUT. I suggest you, Mr. President, to send your computer to Mr. Uber in his college, and let him make some "repairs", with the help of a few swordsmen. Your computer will think twice next time...
Old August 21, 2002, 08:39   #7
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 00:39
You are all in for it now! I am in charge!

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 21, 2002, 09:23   #8
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 08:39
This is absolutely the most amazing smili I have ever seen!!
I might decide to base an entire religion around it.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old August 21, 2002, 17:09   #9
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 02:39
Egads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con