Old August 21, 2002, 21:06   #1
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 01:43
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Turnthread orders starting 350BC
Here is the turnthread for ministers to post orders for the next turnthread starting 350BC. This will be played sunday. If you got 'em post them.
Aggie
Old August 21, 2002, 22:19   #2
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

I am still following Project Lain for now. I proposed a compromise for Protocol Eiri, but it hasn't been discussed enough yet. Because of that, this order may change in the next few days.

Buy Feudalism and Monotheism if at all possible.

If Feudalism is acquired switch to Monotheism. If Monotheism is acquired switch to Chivalry.

All tech and map trading is approved.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old August 22, 2002, 00:21   #3
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

SMC orders(Uber can edit when he gets back)
350 BC
Move Galleys to point south of apolyton(4turns)
Spear in BHQ to Napolitan
Warrior in Apolyton to BHQ(then fortify unless upgraded)
330 BC
WAR!!!!!!!!
Warrior in timeline, Move to BHQ. This will take 3turns
Then have him Fortify unless needed for upgrade.
Settler to Apolyton
Archers Stack W
Swordsmen N,
310 BC
Archers Stack S
Swordsmen NW
Spearman in Tassagrad to Geo
290 BC
Archers Stack Attacks Orleans FIRST
Swordsmen Attack Paris
All remaining sword go into Paris
We move 1 spear from archer stack to Paris
See note below

270 BC
Settler and New Spear in Poly together and givin to imperial Expansion for Uber Isle

I envision 3 scenarios for French armies
Scenario I scenario
We win in orleans with only 2 archers units
290 BC
We move 1 spear from archer stack to Paris
The rest of the army goes NW,N
270 BC
Sword Army(SA) leaves 2 units in Paris(This + spear will give a garrison of 3 in Paris). Leave recovering units first and then full strength units. They will be recovered by time of counter attack. SA moves ne,n
Archer Army(AA) move nw to position for attack on rheims
250 BC
AA attacks Rheims
SA moves N

Scenario II Most Likely scenario
It takes more than 2 archers to take orleans
290 BC
Move AA into orleans
270 BC
Move available SA toward Orleans, SE,E,E
250 BC
Move combined army(CA) from orleans N,NW Leaving Spear in Orleans
Beyond 5 turns, but here's an idea
230 BC
Move CA N
210 BC
Move CA NW
190 BC Attack Rheims

Third Scenario
The ,,(: Scenario
In this scenario on of the armies is defeated, regardless of which one the other army would use its strenth to seize the other city. Then we would make peace as soon as possible.

Also please produce temples in all captured cities. If by some miracle they get produced quickly( using pop rush), make a spearman.

A question? and a comment
I am moving around Rheims to avoid attacking over a river. The question is this "Would it be wiser to go right at rheim across the river to cut time for reenforcments to arrive?". If 1 extra unit gets to rheims because of the time it would be worth it to attack immediately.
I'll edit this post as I decide other orders.

In scenario I am also leaving only the winning archers in orleans because I doubt many offensive units will be in this region and even if there are we could move troops back to defend.

On upgrading, I will leave it to your descretion, I will gather warriors from Apolyton and Timeline in BHQ. If you like I would upgrade them there and then when possible(since at least one will be police), move them to a spot 2E of Loveshack. From there they can defend Uber and Loveshack effectively. If you see attack on Uber is imminent move unit from loveshack to there and then we will regarrison from one of the sword units.

Thats all folks, May the Great Banana smile upon our troops as we enter terrible yet glorious combat.
Aggie

Last edited by Aggie; August 25, 2002 at 00:42.
Old August 22, 2002, 09:20   #4
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 08:43
Does signing a RoP with a civ and then declaring war count as treason?
The reason I'm asking is that the French agree to pay us 14 gold for a RoP. Now, if we sign the RoP and declare a war immediately thereafter (before we send our units into French territory, meaning without abusing the RoP) it's not like we were violating any treaties... or is it?
Btw, the Americans are willing to offer 16 gold and their WM in exchange for a RoP with us. I think we should take it whether or not declaring war while a RoP agreement is in effects is considered treason because we're probably not going to attack America in less than 20 turns.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old August 22, 2002, 09:49   #5
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

One more thing: if we plan to reach Uber Isle during the next turnthread or at least get a sight of its shores we should sell our WM to every civ in the game that will offer us money for it since it won't be wise to sell maps of Uber Isle before we have a stronghold there.
However once we've founded 3 towns in Uber Isle (that is, assuming there is room for 3 towns) and scouted the entire island we could make a fortune selling our WM (lots of new unrevealed terrain = lots of gold).
- Phantom of the Opera
Old August 22, 2002, 09:56   #6
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 00:43
Yes, we would be violating the treaty. And I am against RoP with America, or anyone. Persia is getting too many archers within striking distance of our worker stacks for my taste. I just don't like playing with enemy troops running through the territory.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 22, 2002, 10:34   #7
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Minister's, if you would:

In addition to the five turns, which I believe lead us right to the taking of Paris, I would like to have input from Togas and Apoc, on How much is "if at all possible" reguarding the tech trades. How much Cash is authorized?

Togas: Any changes on our stances reguarding demands since our troops will be commited? Let's say, Germany Demands our WM+20 gold, and they have an alliance with Greece against the Aztec's, do we still deny the demand?

Aggie. How many swords stay in Paris, where are the rest headed? Which spear will go with the settler due to come out of Termina, and heading for site 1? What is first production in Paris and Orleans? (SMC has control over captured cities, right?)

City Planners: What is first production in the new city to be built in 2a. Plus enough in advance for perhaps a few more turns.

WhiteBandit: Try to plan out the workers enough in advance.

If I get: a: enough information, and b: enough time, I will play right up till Joan is willing to discuss her surrender. That will give us all time to mull over the options at that time, see what we want from her and if continued action is neccessary for our goals.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 22, 2002, 10:53   #8
Shiber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
Persia is getting too many archers within striking distance of our worker stacks for my taste.
Perhaps, but they're not stupid. They have lots of settlers within our borders and they know we can take them if we want to.
Still, I suggest that we move them away when its possible to do so without interrupting their work.

Regarding what to produce first in Paris, I would like to suggest that we build either a spearman if two or more swordsmen die trying to take Paris or a temple if not (so we can expand and take the wine tile). Of course Aggie has the last word on this.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old August 22, 2002, 23:47   #9
Aggie
King

Here is a bump so new orders can be reviewed.
Aggie
Old August 23, 2002, 00:12   #10
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Also:

Ministers, ifyou would please POST your orders here, and not link to them. It took me an hour to trackdown all the orders and print them out. A simple cut-paste is not too much to ask is it?

And I prefer the method of Aggie there:

dothis and this
now this and this

etc...

It would sur make it easier on me

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 23, 2002, 02:37   #11
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

As a deputy minister of the Economy, I say we must keep at least 120 Lytons in our treasury (if we suddenly have to upgrade 3 warriors in our barrack cities).

Also, since techs are very expansive, I advise we wait before buying them, until the turn we need them really : say, we buy monotheism only when we already have feusalism, or if our city planners want to build cathedrals from now.
I allow paying Lytons per Turn for acquiring techs

If we can trade with the Greeks during the turnthread, use our dyes to lower the price of techs, by throwing dyes in the deal.
If we already hev the techs we need, sell our dyes with whomever we can trade with.
Don't buy luxuries from other Civs.

Don't change the sliders next 5 turns
Old August 23, 2002, 04:25   #12
DAVOUT
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 07:43
Aggie,

There is a French galley on the way back of ours. What are your orders ? Escape or fight ?
Old August 23, 2002, 07:21   #13
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Another question with that:

How does the reputation damage work? We have two galleys in French territory, if we declare war, even after moving them out, do we still get a hit because we had units in their territoy at the start of the turn?

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 23, 2002, 07:36   #14
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

hi ,

the abuse of the ROP could backfire at us , ...

the persians are indeed not to be trusted , they could move in when we are goig to war , taking advantage of of our troop movements , ....

have a nice day
Old August 23, 2002, 07:51   #15
Shiber
Emperor

Exactly.
This is why I suggested that we upgrade the 3 warriors we have in our core cities to swordsmen for the price of 120 gold (which is well worth it).
- Phantom of the Opera
Old August 23, 2002, 07:54   #16
Shiber
Emperor

Regarding the French galley, I recommend that we try to avoid fighting it. We need two galleys to safely transport settlers to Uber Isle.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old August 23, 2002, 10:43   #17
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 02:43
???? I posted my orders in the topped thread and in the planning department orders thread. ????

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old August 23, 2002, 10:48   #18
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Yeah, I know. The topped thread is for finalized orders, guys. This is for discussing your orders.

GodKing. OPD overruled some of your orders, though, I found.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 23, 2002, 12:02   #19
Aggie
King

As far as the french galley, I ordered the galleys to go straight to the tile just s of poly, so basically I am ignoring it. I am unsure of how the galley being in their territory works, but I suspect as long we are out by the time we declare war it will be ok(or at least no worse penalty than we take anyway when we violated there territory). I think the AI is less irritated by sea violations, but I have no hard evidence to base this one, just experience that they don't ask you to leave as much.
Aggie
Old August 23, 2002, 12:11   #20
DAVOUT
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 07:43
You let them go to Uber Isle ?
Old August 23, 2002, 12:40   #21
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

OPD is allowed for his region. The posted ones are for if he didn't post. Do you want me to find his overide and edit my post? Just let me know.

--Con
Old August 23, 2002, 12:45   #22
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

It would sure help out if you could when they do override you. I followed HIS orders for his cities during the last thread.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 23, 2002, 13:06   #23
GodKing
Emperor

Sure thing UnOrthOdOx -

I can see that what I am going to have to do is have all the regions give me their orders a day or two prior to you needing them, then compile them and post them.

It is the only way to be fair to you.....

Yuck. OK, if this regional thing is going to work this is the only way I can see it going. I will PM the regional people and tell them to get their orders to me by this saturday (they have til early afternoon) so I can edit the post.

Thanks. Sorry if it created any problems for you last time.

--Con
Old August 23, 2002, 13:28   #24
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Wasn't just you, GodKing, don't feel bad. I am just saying how I want things, to everyone. Donal and Tass could tell you, I am a pretty strict boss, as they found out with the Gazette.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 23, 2002, 14:12   #25
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Shiber
Exactly.
This is why I suggested that we upgrade the 3 warriors we have in our core cities to swordsmen for the price of 120 gold (which is well worth it).
hi ,

, we should only upgrade when there is trouble , ...so that we dont waist any money , we should also make sure that they are in a place with a barracks , ....

have a nice day
Old August 23, 2002, 14:14   #26
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by DAVOUT
You let them go to Uber Isle ?
hi ,

hey , why not , logical sence and the gods have told us that the promised land is there !

have a nice day
Old August 23, 2002, 15:28   #27
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 22:43
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Togas: Any changes on our stances reguarding demands since our troops will be commited? Let's say, Germany Demands our WM+20 gold, and they have an alliance with Greece against the Aztec's, do we still deny the demand?
I'm going to modify my previouisly posted orders to answer this question.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old August 23, 2002, 16:31   #28
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 06:43
Quote:
GodKing. OPD overruled some of your orders, though, I found.
All orders were approved by the city planner before I posted.

Old August 23, 2002, 16:55   #29
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Togas : you're the one to really call the shot about buying techs (you need the advice of Science and Economy ministries, but you decide with this info). What is your stance about buying monotheism ?
When, with whom, at what price max. ?
Old August 23, 2002, 17:04   #30
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

OPD, I was not questioning the legality of your orders, just expressing a desire that they all be placed in one central location for me to find. Not having to run through each ministers threads and read each of their deputies posts to gather the neccessary orders for my job.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby