Old August 28, 2002, 03:13   #301
blackice
Emperor

Local Time: 01:43
Local Date: November 1, 2010
220,000 families recieve the NCB in Alberta that suggest's 29% children live in low income in Alberta or poverty is a threat.

Let's face it kids you do not get the NCB in Alberta unless you qualify.
In order to qualify you have be eeking it...

http://www.acsw.ab.ca/publications/L...ome_Review.pdf

Oh I could go on all night
“The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
Or do we?
Old August 28, 2002, 03:15   #302
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Local Time: 00:43
Quote:
Originally posted by blackice
No doubt.
blackice, you're the Energizer bunny of bullshit.
Old August 28, 2002, 03:23   #303
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Frogger

Ease up. I've been polite to all of you so far. You could at least return the favour.
I only ask why people from other parts of Canada are so complacent about the sh!t that is flying about the West and Alberta. If this sh!t were flying about Quebec or the Maritimes, or *God forbid* Ontario, I think a number of people from Alberta would have knives out too.

Or is it just too funny?
Old August 28, 2002, 03:29   #304
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by blackice
220,000 families recieve the NCB in Alberta that suggest's 29% children live in low income in Alberta or poverty is a threat.

Let's face it kids you do not get the NCB in Alberta unless you qualify.
In order to qualify you have be eeking it...

http://www.acsw.ab.ca/publications/L...ome_Review.pdf

And where are the comparisons, oh master of deceit.

Glad the little green men came by to pick you up for the night. You must be straining the extenuation factor of the broadcast rays.
Old August 28, 2002, 03:34   #305
blackice
Emperor

Quote:
$1200 a month rent as a 7-11 clerk in Fort McMurray? That's like buying a Toyota Tercel for $3M.

http://www.woodbuffalo.net/cost.htm

http://www.woodbuffalo.net/cost.htm

No Asher Real T.V. again the stuff you refuse to believe.

Again I could go on all night, you?
“The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
Or do we?
Old August 28, 2002, 03:37   #306
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Your own sources trash your $1200/mo figure.

Let's see what you did here:
You found the fastest growing small city in Alberta with the lowest vacancy rate and highest rent costs, then you assumed he was a minimum wage worker living in this area, and he wanted to rent a 4 bedroom apartment, so naturally the average rate for this is $1199 according to your link.

You sure love stretching the truth and praying no one notices, don't you?
Old August 28, 2002, 03:40   #307
KrazyHorse
Deity

Local Time: 02:43
Quote:
Originally posted by notyoueither

I only ask why people from other parts of Canada are so complacent about the sh!t that is flying about the West and Alberta. If this sh!t were flying about Quebec or the Maritimes, or *God forbid* Ontario, I think a number of people from Alberta would have knives out too.

Or is it just too funny?
I think you're all getting worked up over nothing. There's been no serious discussion so far...

Oh, and every time Asher talks about the rest of Canada he does have somehing snide to say about it. Even though you're a bunch of right-wing hick nutters who have elected a premier straight from the depths of hell, I still liked most of the people I met there. Perchance, do you remember some of the things which have been said about Quebec in other discussions? Calling it a province full of whiners and ingrates was just the beginning...

Now if and when Alberta needed help in the real world, I'd be there. Until then, I'll be thinking fondly of the rash of can-pol threads a few months ago which were lively but managed to avoid sinking to the level of petty cruelness for at least the first 10 pages...
Get Rich or Die Tryin'
Old August 28, 2002, 03:42   #308
blackice
Emperor

Yup staring you in the face from all sources government, poverty groups...Etc and I bullshit Yup I made the information and the sites :eyesroll:

Denial said it before.

Well kids you have to read it before you comment or you just continue to look like the Idiots you are now. So on that note I have to get some sleep.

Digest the information Right

The two butt buddies would rather play the one line game than actually learn something.

But I am counting on you to come up with something anything on topic or substanial before tomorrow.

I do not mean stupid comments...

No something that makes me go hummmm I'll get back to you....

Ya right

Good night all take care
Or do we?
Old August 28, 2002, 03:46   #309
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Quote:
Oh, and every time Asher talks about the rest of Canada he does have somehing snide to say about it.
Note that most of my snide comments are meant not to be taken seriously, or they're pokes at the horrible voting patterns of people who live out there.
I do despise the Liberal government (save for maybe Paul Martin), but I really don't care about the other provinces. It's always fun to poke fun at them just because Alberta is at the receiving end of that itself as well, I just assumed it was a Canadian thing to do to tease other provinces...
Old August 28, 2002, 03:49   #310
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

BTW, blackice, I see you've read this book.

Old August 28, 2002, 04:13   #311
notyoueither
Deity

Quote:

I think you're all getting worked up over nothing. There's been no serious discussion so far...

Oh, and every time Asher talks about the rest of Canada he does have somehing snide to say about it. Even though you're a bunch of right-wing hick nutters who have elected a premier straight from the depths of hell, I still liked most of the people I met there. Perchance, do you remember some of the things which have been said about Quebec in other discussions? Calling it a province full of whiners and ingrates was just the beginning...

Now if and when Alberta needed help in the real world, I'd be there. Until then, I'll be thinking fondly of the rash of can-pol threads a few months ago which were lively but managed to avoid sinking to the level of petty cruelness for at least the first 10 pages...
So, your really feel the... things posted here by Tingkai and blackice are OK?

Yup, I've been a pr!ck. You come at me, I'll come at you every way I know how.

What's been posted here isn't harmless KH. Unless you discount it to trolling. I don't. I gave both a reasonable chance to discuss the issues. I got bile and bigotry back. Oh, you don't like that term? Well, too bad. That's the point.

There is a significant amount of bigotry towards Alberta alive and well in this fine, noble nation of ours. Some people from where I'm from have had enough of it. We long ago lost our sense of humour on the subject.

Asher isn't the only audience of these threads. There are a number of Albertans on these boards. Talk trash about where we are from, and stick to it after you get spanked the first time, then fvck off! I have no use for you.
Old August 28, 2002, 04:53   #312
Tingkai
Prince

Local Time: 14:43
Quote:
What's been posted here isn't harmless KH. Unless you discount it to trolling. I don't. I gave both a reasonable chance to discuss the issues. I got bile and bigotry back. Oh, you don't like that term? Well, too bad. That's the point.
What a bunch of sanctimonious BS. The reason this thread went downhill so quickly was because of NYE. (by no means am I suggesting that the rest of us were saints, although Frogger has stayed polite as have others occassional posters).

But let's face the obvious facts. NYE thinks that insulting people makes him look tough when, in fact, it only lowers our opinion of him.

This is NYE's very first response to my off-the-cuff comment about the West and the WMA.

"You say the NEP is the West's fault because we didn't rebel when the War measures act was used? Are you trying to be insulting, or are you just a stupid jack ass?"

Yup, that's a reasonable response that keeps the discussion out of the sewer. No insults there.

In response to my second post on the issue, which contains no insults, NYE posted the following:

"I guess the answer would be stupid jack ass. The people most effected (sic) by PET and the NEP had been, and have been electing anybody other than Liberals for a very long time. What does that do for your spew of bigotry? "

And his third:
"You sir, are a bigot. I stuff your argument down your throat [my edit: big time ] , you come back with some lame ass attempt to say that I am just some Westerner whining."

By the way, NYE was upset because I dared to voice the opinion that his comment about Albertans being the most affected by Trudeau's policies was the typical Western whine.

It is quite obvious that NYE took this discussion down into the gutter. He made no effort to be reasonable. He spewed out bile and insults without a second thought and he was the first to do so.

Now NYE is trying to pretend he's the injured party.

Last edited by Tingkai; August 28, 2002 at 05:00.
Old August 28, 2002, 04:55   #313
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Tip #1, Tingkai: Never bring up the NEP in the presense of an Albertan, particularly when they lived through the whole thing.
Tip #2: Don't blame the west out of the blue for something the west wasn't responsible for within earshot of Westerners

All of this living on top of oil has us on edge, and we WILL snap at you.

Edit: And BTW, what Sic was there in that comment of nye's? Maybe I'm just tired but it looks fine to me.

And NYE was upset that you randomly blamed the West for a mistake that is clearly only Trudeau's. You could have blamed EVERYONE in Canada for not being all up in arms over it, but you blamed the West. That really pisses a lot of people off, surely you're smart enough to realize that?
Old August 28, 2002, 05:00   #314
Tingkai
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Asher
Tip #1, Tingkai: Never bring up the NEP in the presense of an Albertan, particularly when they lived through the whole thing.
Tip #2: Don't blame the west out of the blue for something the west wasn't responsible for within earshot of Westerners

All of this living on top of oil has us on edge, and we WILL snap at you.

Edit: And BTW, what Sic was there in that comment of nye's? Maybe I'm just tired but it looks fine to me.
More like bark rather than bite.

The sic was the idea that he had stuffed my argument down my throat. Okay, not a true sic, but it was hard to post that without making a comment. I'll edit that bit to make it more clear.
Old August 28, 2002, 05:08   #315
Tingkai
Prince

Quote:
And NYE was upset that you randomly blamed the West for a mistake that is clearly only Trudeau's. You could have blamed EVERYONE in Canada for not being all up in arms over it, but you blamed the West. That really pisses a lot of people off, surely you're smart enough to realize that?
If all Canadians failed to protest Trudeau's actions (and that was our mistake, not his) than it is fair to comment that part of the country then got their just desserts when Trudeau later screwed them. It wouldn't make sense for me to say Ontario got its just desserts when the NEP was created (even if Ontario was just as deserving as Alberta).

I was not saying that it was just the fault of the west. In fact, I stated quite early on that it was all of our faults.

The leopard showed his spots in Oct. 70, but most of Canada turned a blind eye, mainly because of anti-French sentiment in English Canada (And yes, that most certainly includes Ontario)

The War Measures Act deprived people in Quebec of their basic liberties. It was created in response to the kidnapping of two people by about a dozen people. It was draconian, and yet it barely created a peep out of most English Canadians.

By remaining silent, we set the stage for the independence movement in Quebec, wage and price controls and the NEP.
Old August 28, 2002, 05:14   #316
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

I realize that you're saying you didn't mean it like that, but to 99% of the people reading it, it looked like you blamed the West solely for it and then said we deserved a thing like the NEP to happen to us later.

Not only is that patently unfair, it's downright offensive to people like notyoueither who lived through the NEP and suffered a great deal due to Trudeau's incredible blunder.

You know damn well how sensitive Albertans are to the NEP, and both you and blackice should have known better not to imply we deserved it or that it was a good thing. Even if you think that, you just shouldn't mention it when you know there's Albertans reading it. Couldn't you predict how they'd respond?

I thought you'd be able to exercise some more thought about it, it seemed like a cheap troll at first, but when you kept going on with it, it can set Albertans off. I thought you'd know that by now.
Old August 28, 2002, 05:18   #317
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Oh, and PS, I don't think any amount of protest over the War Measures Act would have prevented trudeau from implementing the NEP years later. The two events just aren't related.

I think Trudeau honestly thought he was doing the country a favor when he implemented it, and some people still evidently believe it was a good thing. I'm not going to bother arguing that right now though.

All of the protesting in the world, particularly from the West, during the War Measures Act situation wouldn't have stopped Trudeau from doing the NEP which he thought would be beneficial to the nation. I'd love to know your logic behind it.

Would you think Trudeau would be so humbled by a bunch of Albertans with picket signs that he'd not do an economic policy years later aimed at helping Canada?
Old August 28, 2002, 05:36   #318
Tingkai
Prince

Quote:
You know damn well how sensitive Albertans are to the NEP, and both you and blackice should have known better not to imply we deserved it or that it was a good thing. Even if you think that, you just shouldn't mention it when you know there's Albertans reading it. Couldn't you predict how they'd respond?
Come on, are you trying to say that you never post anything that you know might offend someone.

More to the point, why should anyone silence themselves just because the potential reaction from others? This is Apolyton, not a mess dinner.

If Blackice, or anyone else, wants to, he has every right to argue that the NEP was good for the country, even if it hurt the Albertan oil industry. Not only he should challenge prevailing sacred cows.

By the way, from what I can make out of Blackice's comments, he's not saying that it was necessarily good, but rather that it wasn't as bad as some people say, there were other factors affecting the economy and that it happened 20 years ago.

EDIT: If you or NYE want to scream bloody murder about the NEP, go for it. If you want to insult, I couldn't care less, if it is at least done to my face. I'm still amazed that some people haven't figured out that I usually ignore boring insults. But to go into the gutter and then try to claim the high road is a bit much.
Old August 28, 2002, 05:43   #319
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Quote:
Originally posted by Tingkai
Come on, are you trying to say that you never post anything that you know might offend someone.
Oh, definitely not, I regularly do. But that's me, and not you. And your comment isn't an issue of "might offend someone", it was a direct and pointed troll. If you didn't realize that then, perhaps you do now.

Quote:
More to the point, why should anyone silence themselves just because the potential reaction from others? This is Apolyton, not a mess dinner.
Because it's not your style. Or it wasn't, anyway. The fact that you elaborated on it just severely tainted your reputation as far as I'm concerned.

Quote:
If Blackice, or anyone else, wants to, he has every right to argue that the NEP was good for the country, even if it hurt the Albertan oil industry. Not only he should challenge prevailing sacred cows.
He has every right to, it doesn't mean it's a good idea to. Especially considering we've already argued about it in previous threads, and it's clear blackice's semi-coherent ramblings won't change the mind of the average Albertan anyway.

Quote:
EDIT: If you or NYE want to scream bloody murder about the NEP, go for it. If you want to insult, I couldn't care less, if it is at least done to my face. I'm still amazed that some people haven't figured out that I usually ignore boring insults. But to go into the gutter and then try to claim the high road is a bit much.
I don't see NYE claiming the high road either. You severely provoked it, and you got your ass bitten as well as anyone else who participated who backed up your opinion.

That's what happen when you piss someone off sometimes, it happens to the best of us.

Your persistent whining after because somebody dared make fun of you from afar could have been handled better, too. Since you know I don't really care about it, you should have taken a humorous approach or ignored it altogether to make it worth everyone's time.
Old August 28, 2002, 06:09   #320
Tingkai
Prince

Quote:
You severely provoked it, and you got your ass bitten as well as anyone else who participated who backed up your opinion.
Hold on, let me check. Nope, no bite marks. You and NYE were so busy screaming insults, you rarely made any significant points. Even most of the insults were boring and repetitive.

Quote:
Your persistent whining after because somebody dared make fun of you from afar could have been handled better, too.
A couple of posts commenting on your behaviour does not equate to persistent nor whining. I know you thought that it lasted for "weeks," but it actually all took place in a day.

Besides, you did protest too much and seemed unable to stop talking about it until I called a halt to the discussion.

Edit: By the way, those who throw temper tamtrums are never viewed as winners.
Old August 28, 2002, 06:23   #321
notyoueither
Deity

Aside from the fact that most of your facts are full of crap Tingkai.
Old August 28, 2002, 06:24   #322
notyoueither
Deity

You are little better than blackice. Actually, a good bit worse.
Old August 28, 2002, 06:24   #323
Tingkai
Prince

Mellow out, dude.

Edit: man, you're really courting a heart attack. Ya got to learn to relax. This is just Apolyton.
Old August 28, 2002, 06:25   #324
notyoueither
Deity

Fvck off!
Old August 28, 2002, 08:22   #325
Seeker
Emperor

BTW, during the Western poli sci faculties interviews and polling (for research purposes; also some Hansard stuff) I did actually get the opportunity to talk to a bunch of MPs and MP hopefuls about PR-like electoral reform. (Joe Fontana for one)

A surprisingly large number admit that the current system is flawed and undemocratic (in the sense of not equally representing all citizens rights), however no one was willing to actually propose a bill or even sound anyone else out "it's not the right time politically" "Us Liberals have to stick together" blah blah blah.
Old August 28, 2002, 12:19   #326
Richelieu
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

The problem here is that the west represents a minority in Canada. And minorities are treated as such. If you don't like being a minority in Canada, there is a way to become a majority... you have 3 guesses.
Old August 28, 2002, 14:31   #327
optimus2861
Chieftain

Quote:
(Shrug) We Maritimers get enough of our own flak from Central/Western Canada that we have to defend against. Don't much have the inclination to try and defend you from yours. I'm hardly an expert on the NEP or Alberta/Ottawa relations, so what's the use of sticking my neck into this crossfire?

Picking on other regions of the country: it's a Canadian thing .

Steering back a bit to the original topic: there was a good editorial piece on CBC Radio this week about how Paul Martin has become all things to all people who want to see Chretien out. To the left, he'll rebuild social programs. To the right, he'll keep the deficit dragon slain. He'll be more accountable, he'll be more open, he'll cut patronage, he'll cut taxes, blah blah blah. He could very well end up being a big-time disappointment if/when he takes office, and have a much shorter reign than what he expects. If the PCs can get their act together (shameless plug: N.B. Premier Bernard Lord is the man for the job), they could be capable of some major inroads in Atlantic/Central Canada again. (The Alliance will never make any gains in Atlantic Canada after Harper's "culture of defeatism" crack )
"If you doubt that an infinite number of monkeys at an infinite number of typewriters would eventually produce the combined works of Shakespeare, consider: it only took 30 billion monkeys and no typewriters." - Unknown
Old August 28, 2002, 14:32   #328
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Quote:
Originally posted by Tingkai
Hold on, let me check. Nope, no bite marks. You and NYE were so busy screaming insults, you rarely made any significant points. Even most of the insults were boring and repetitive.
You seem to only be focusing on some angry words from disgruntled Westerners and not the posts with the actual comments which put your pathetic theory to shame.

Quote:
A couple of posts commenting on your behaviour does not equate to persistent nor whining. I know you thought that it lasted for "weeks," but it actually all took place in a day.
Well that's odd, because the timestamp on your posts are spread out on the issue over a period of 4 days.
That's persistent to me, and it's also whining when you don't like people making fun of your silly comments.

Quote:
Edit: By the way, those who throw temper tamtrums are never viewed as winners.
Nobody here has thrown a temper tantrum. Unlesss you've got some kind of skewed definition. nye is pissed off and I get pissed off a lot, and they're not polite accordingly, but that's not a temper tantrum.

What I will note is that blackice has tried to prove several points using misleading information (usually statistics), which have been proven wrong every single time, yet he kept persisting in pulling that crap. Meanwhile you've now managed to avoid the issues for the most part either because you know you're full of it and want to do some damage control or you were just trolling earlier for fun anyway.

You trolled, they bit, and now you're sitting here accusing other people of taking the low road because they bit your stupid little troll.

Quote:
The problem here is that the west represents a minority in Canada. And minorities are treated as such. If you don't like being a minority in Canada, there is a way to become a majority... you have 3 guesses.
In most places minorities are still treated with respect and equal rights, which is more than what can be said with the federal government's history with Alberta.
Old August 28, 2002, 14:33   #329
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Richelieu
there is a way to become a majority... you have 3 guesses.
Make like bunnies?
Blackwidow24 and FemmeAdonis fan club
Old August 28, 2002, 15:44   #330
blackice
Emperor

Quote:
Asher
I am an Albertan, I lived throught it, and will bring it up when I like. Mind you I will not act like an idiot the way you two do when it is dicussed.

Quote:
I am an Albertan, I lived through it you do not see me acting like the government propaganda puppet. I see the reason it was done. At no time do I believe it was done to punish Albertans, as you would have us believe. It was not soley responsible for the economy at the time. This is all just weak minded drivel from a few weak minded Albertans.

Quote:
blackice's semi-coherent ramblings won't change the mind of the average Albertan anyway.
Yes remember everyone when Asher losses a debate, the victor then becomes semi-coherent and rambling and a lier. You will note niether NME or Asher prove anything they say you are lying about.

They just repeat it over and over in hopes to bury the information. They think people here are stupid to the point they will not go back and read. Just believe thier semi-coherent ramblings

Quote:
BTW, blackice, I see you've read this book
Asher no but considering you have, explains a lot about your post's.

Quote:
What I will note is that blackice has tried to prove several points using misleading information (usually statistics), which have been proven wrong every single time, yet he kept persisting in pulling that crap.
Proven wrong, where? your a joke really you are.
Care to prove your moronic trolling NYE does not seem to have the *uts to do it. Beside it would take himover one line. Lets not stress him to much.

Quote:
Aside from the fact that most of your facts are full of crap Tingkai.
Don't you like how notintellegenteither post's one liners of your lying, and facts are full of crap. He never backs it up, never offers proof of his opinion. He then thinks it makes him look intellengent and right. What a flake.
Or do we?

Last edited by blackice; August 28, 2002 at 16:07.