Old August 26, 2002, 07:52   #181
Tingkai
Prince

Local Time: 14:43
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by notyoueither
Cabinet ministers and foreign diplomats. Nope, there was no threat at all to peace and government.
It was A cabinet minister and A foreign diplomat. And how many people were involved - less than a dozen. Hardly a significant threat to peace and government.

Quote:
Why should the West even be involved in the equation?
Because you're Canadian and this was an act by the Canadian government. Because we, and yes it was the majority of Canadians who turned a blind eye, let Trudeau get away with it, and we thanked for stomping on people's basic rights. And a few years later his government was screwing the rest of the country just like he screwed the Quebecers.
Old August 26, 2002, 08:00   #182
Tingkai
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Richelieu
I don't know why the "not doing anything" part is being blamed only on the west. Nobody outside of Quebec gave a ****.
I don't think anyone blamed it ONLY on the west.

Way back on page 3 of this thread I wrote: ). "When the War Measures Act was enacted, people outside of Quebec made no major objections."

But NYE and Asher freaked out and just assumed that it was only the Westerners getting blamed.

Quote:
Originally posted by Richelieu
As a matter of fact, the westerners could say that Ontario is the only part of Canada which would have had enough weight, demographicaly or politicaly, to pressure the PM.
Yup.
Old August 26, 2002, 11:35   #183
blackice
Emperor

Local Time: 01:43
Quote:
Squirm little fishy.
It appears you have lost your mind

You are obviously a classic example of why they took post counts out of O.T.
“The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
Or do we?
Old August 26, 2002, 11:45   #184
blackice
Emperor

During a Liberal meeting, Martin gets up and leaves to go address the reporters. Martin lambasted Cretien for some of his policies.

At the same time several Liberals deny support for Cretien. The numbers they say are about 65% and climbing who do not support him.

My guess is Cretien will not make it past the vote.

Careless Harris will announce if he will run for the PC party head soon.
If he wins I suggest it will even split the votes more, I also suggest and Liberal win in the next ellection.

Harrris could unite the CA and PC's though and that could sink the liberals. That would depend on how fast they go about the changes.
“The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
Or do we?
Old August 26, 2002, 15:17   #185
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Local Time: 00:43
Re: Re: Hi-o!
Quote:
Originally posted by Tingkai
What makes this more funny is that it comes after I responded to Loif. Jealous of Alberta? Like I said before, what's there to envy?
It could be anything from having the highest salaries in the nation, to the lowest taxes in the nation, to the highest math & science marks in the nation, to having the lowest unemployment in the nation, to having the most beautiful backdrop in the nation, or even the supreme sexiness of Albertans in general.

Quote:
Asher reminds me of a Discworld book
If it's any consolation, you remind me of Waldo in the Where's Waldo books.

Quote:
Okay Asher, let me explain to it one more time. I know there is very little chance that you will understand this basic concept of politics, but I'll try it anyways.

If Alberta always votes conservative, then the Liberals have no politcal incentive to help that region. If the Liberals help, Alberta still votes conservative.
Oh, DUH! The solution is so obvious to me now. Albertans should vote Liberal so we can get our right wing interests into action. The Liberals will need to bend over backwards to help us as soon as they have a 99% seat majority in the House of Commons, right?!

Is that how logic works out there, Tingkai? It seems something like Ottawa would say anyway.

Quote:
This, however, does not mean Alberta has no power. It does not mean that Alberta has no ability to influence federal policies. It does not mean that Alberta is being screwed by Easterners.

Albertans make a choice to always vote conservative. No one is forcing them to vote this way. They have to accept responsibility for the way they vote.
The problem isn't with Alberta voting conservative, but central Canada voting Liberal.
Alberta votes conservative because ALBERTA IS CONSERVATIVE. We're not going to vote Liberal, that would accomplish NOTHING. Got that? It's a very basic idea. If you want to have a right wing government, you vote for the right wing party -- and not the incumbant left wingers.

Quote:
Simple really. Understand? Probably not.
You have the logic skill of a drunken ape. Kudos.

Quote:
And you miss the point. If you were banned then you should have waited until after ban had ended. The fact that you were banned does not justify your actions.

You started a thread specifically designed to attack me on a website that I never visit. I call that hiding.
HAH. Why would I wait? And I wasn't hiding, why would I hide from you? You both can't act logically nor can you insult anyone worth a damn, it just adds to the comedy when you try to post more.

Anyway, here's an analogy: You're sitting at the side of a parade, and a man is walking down the street literally tripping over himself and shouting stuff about how the Texans from Pluto are out to get him. Would you wait until this parade is over, go up to him, slap him on the back and say "You, sir, are a friggin moron!", or would you laugh out loud and say the person next to you, "What a friggin' moron!". I chose to do the latter. If that makes me immature, so be it, but if you don't want people to do it perhaps you shouldn't say such stupid (very very stupid) and outlandish things.

Ontario is far bigger than "the west", not to mention closer and more influencial, and you only mentioned "the west" in your little rant about how it's everyone's fault but the Liberals. Get a friggin clue man! The pollution is getting to you out there.

The West NEVER voted for Trudeau in the first place, before OR after this.
Why do you think Trudeau would give a DAMN about Westerners protesting when they already don't like him? He'd probably (literally) give them the finger and laugh it off.
Old August 26, 2002, 15:51   #186
blackice
Emperor

Quote:
Why do you think Trudeau would give a DAMN about Westerners protesting when they already don't like him? He'd probably (literally) give them the finger and laugh it off.
He came out there didn't he? He was the last to go out there? Honestly who can blame them?
He did give them the finger and he did care about Canada.

Quote:
The pollution is getting to you out there.
Kyoto will happen...

Quote:
The problem isn't with Alberta voting conservative, but central Canada voting Liberal.
Hummm Cretien or Doris? Too easy for the people that think at least.

Quote:
We're not going to vote Liberal, that would accomplish NOTHING.
How would you know? Mind you they voted for PC and got slapped too.

Quote:
It could be anything
Could be Klien or hatred of the eastern people? Humm again a no brainer.
Alberta is a great province with the highest unemployment amoung 16-24 year-olds. The poor top most if not all provinces working and not. Most of them are single mothers. Just to start so why with all that money is it that way...Klien.

Hey what other premier other than Harris is capable of walking in drunk to a homeless shelter and berating on the sick, elderly and mentaly imbalanced people?
Who was the first premier with cash coming out the ying yang to cut services to all and primarily the sick, poor and elderly. Klien.
I like Alberta grew up there, I dispise klien and some simpleton Albertans that harp about the nep and forget the NOP. Complain the east as a whole is to blame for all thier ills.
Or do we?
Old August 26, 2002, 18:09   #187
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Ahhh geez. We are disliked by a bigot and a moron.

I'm crushed.
Old August 26, 2002, 18:43   #188
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Quote:
Originally posted by blackice
Kyoto will happen...
Hopefully they wait till I'm done college and move to the States before ****ing up everything.

Quote:
Could be Klien or hatred of the eastern people? Humm again a no brainer.
Nobody hates eastern people here, or most people don't. I'm actually willing to say it's the other way around. People like Tingkai are all over Canada and continually make attacks on Alberta's population and culture. Everyone thinks Alberta is full of intolerant hicks. People in Alberta don't do that kind of **** with people in Ontario -- we just don't like the federal politicians in Ottawa.

Quote:
Alberta is a great province with the highest unemployment amoung 16-24 year-olds. The poor top most if not all provinces working and not. Most of them are single mothers. Just to start so why with all that money is it that way...Klien.
Wanna get a link for that unemployment comment?

Quote:
Hey what other premier other than Harris is capable of walking in drunk to a homeless shelter and berating on the sick, elderly and mentaly imbalanced people?
Wow, is that how they slanted it out east?
See, this isn't even news, but the Eastern newspapers jump all over it because it's a chance to bash the evil Albertans and their government.
He went into a homeless shelter to talk to people after he was "tipsy" (drunk ), and actually had pleasant conversations with most of them. A couple homeless people (also drunk) then started shouting at him about funding more homeless shelters so they could live there, and he responded with comments like "Maybe you should get a job". Obviously not a good thing, but it's not like he randomly burst into the shelter swearing at everyone like you want everyone to believe.

Quote:
Who was the first premier with cash coming out the ying yang to cut services to all and primarily the sick, poor and elderly. Klien.
No, not primarily the sick, poor, and elderly -- he also hurt the children. "You don't care about children do you"?

When he came into power he slashed spending and streamlined the budget. That's what conservative politicians do when the previous budget is too bloated and the economy wasn't very strong (you act like it was booming?).

Quote:
I like Alberta grew up there, I dispise klien and some simpleton Albertans that harp about the nep and forget the NOP. Complain the east as a whole is to blame for all thier ills.
The only simpletons in this thread so far have been you and Tingkai. And you're frustratingly hypocritical.

Alberta doesn't blame the East -- we blame Ottawa's politicians. And rightly so, anyone with half a brain can see why (sorry Tingkai & blackice).

However, the East does blame the West. Tingkai's comment is just classic.

It's like you're all sitting over there in the East and see how well off Alberta is and take every possible chance to bash Albertans and the west in general, and then afterwards say how you love them and just don't like it when they whine. The glorious irony here is, of course, it was two easterners in this thread who whined about the West long before Westerners were even here. What's more is you talk about how all Albertans talk about is the NEP, when actually one of the genius easterners (Tingkai) brought it up. That's how it usually is on Apolyton actually. It's just once you get Albertans started on it, particularly when you have the balls to say it was a good thing, that they'll get very pissed off at you.

Old August 26, 2002, 19:41   #189
Loif
Settler

Local Time: 23:43
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:

I don't think anyone blamed it ONLY on the west.

Way back on page 3 of this thread I wrote: ). "When the War Measures Act was enacted, people outside of Quebec made no major objections."

But NYE and Asher freaked out and just assumed that it was only the Westerners getting blamed.

Yup.
Here is what you said Tingkai:

Quote:
Well the West got their just desserts. They did nothing to oppose the suspension of basic rights in Quebec. Then a few years later, the old autocratic decides to take a share of the oil revenues.
By saying that the West got their just deserts you are implying that it was the West's fault.
Old August 26, 2002, 19:55   #190
Loif
Settler

Quote:

Talk about ego. What would an Albertan have that anyone would create jealousy among others? The only thing I can think of easy access to some of the most beautiful wilderness in the world (I don't know why the Apolytoners in Alberta are on the web when they could be out enjoying life). If this is what you are talking about then I'll plead guilty.

But lets look at what Alberta lacks:
1) Decent NHL hockey teams;
2) Culture (sorry folks, the Stampede don't count), such as, decent art facilities, famous writers, artists;
3) World class universities;
4) ; and
5) A diverse economy.

What Alberta has, and it can keep:
1) Wannbe cowboys;
2) People who own 4x4s, but never leave the city;
3) The Stampede;
4) Ralph Klein, Preston Manning, the Reformers, CAers, or whatever they're calling themselves these days.
5) Asher (and I only write that because I know that he is reading this, and problably fuming at the mouth, but that's what you get when you get yourself banned.)

1) Hmmm... I guess six Stanley Cups in a span of what, say 15 years is something to laugh at? Not to mention that our province supports two NHL teams. Tell me again why Edmonton is called "The City of Champions"? I seem to have forgotten.

2) Edmonton hosts numerous festivals throughout the summer, the highlight of which is the Heritage Festival, one of the biggest cultural events in the world. Besides that we have Klondike Days, the Fringe Festival, etc.

3) We have two world class universities in my humble opinion, the University of Alberta and the University of Calgary. Geez, did I forget to mention that at the U of A medical researchers are close to finding a cure for diabetes? No? Must have slipped my mind.

4) The average Albertan can punctuate their sentences correctly.

5) Well what else can I say that hasn't already been said? Alberta is without a doubt the richest province in the country.

Hey, I did all of that WITHOUT throwing in one insult towards your area of the country. Perhaps you should follow suit?!

Oh, and for the record, we'll keep Klein. He may have his problems but at least he's got enough guts to admit it. He's probably the first politician in the history of this country who admits that he has weaknesses just like the rest of us. He's got my respect in that regard. Oh, and he's given us a surplus too. I may not agree with everything he does but you have to admit the man gets things done.

Last edited by Loif; August 26, 2002 at 23:27.
Old August 26, 2002, 20:22   #191
November Adam
Prince

One of the reasons that I like Klein is that his platform, way back was on fiscal responsibility, and that there would be cut backs. Not many politicians talk about cut backs.
Old August 26, 2002, 23:57   #192
Tingkai
Prince

Re: Re: Re: Hi-o!
Quote:
Originally posted by Asher
It could be anything from having the highest salaries in the nation, to the lowest taxes in the nation, to the highest math & science marks in the nation, to having the lowest unemployment in the nation, to having the most beautiful backdrop in the nation, or even the supreme sexiness of Albertans in general.
It's easy to have low unemployment when the Alberta government pays the unemployed to leave the province.

Oil = low taxes and high salaries.

Yes, as I have mentioned before, the backcountry of Alberta is incredible. That's why I sometimes wonder why you spend so much time at Apolyton. Alberta summers are a time for hiking, camping, fishing, etc.

Quote:
Oh, DUH! The solution is so obvious to me now. Albertans should vote Liberal so we can get our right wing interests into action. The Liberals will need to bend over backwards to help us as soon as they have a 99% seat majority in the House of Commons, right?!
Is that how logic works out there, Tingkai? It seems something like Ottawa would say anyway.
So close and yet so far.

Yes, in Ottawa, and in most of the world, people realize that a liberal party is not going to create policies that appeal to conservative votes.

But it is only people like you who think that this simple political fact is some great injustice and that somehow the liberals have a grudge against your province.

And when this simple political concept gets explained to you, you attack the messenger.

Quote:
It should go without saying you can't get elected unless the majority of people vote for you, except in US presidential elections. But it must also true that the existence of two right-wing parties allows the Liberal to win a lot of seats through the FPTP system.

Quote:
Alberta votes conservative because ALBERTA IS CONSERVATIVE.
Fine, that's your choice, but if you choose to vote that way then don't whine about the fact that Liberal governments don't create the policies you want.

If you say that you'll never vote Liberal, then you'll generally be ignored by Liberal politicians.

Quote:
HAH. Why would I wait?
There's more to life then Apolyton, at least there is for most people.

Quote:
And I wasn't hiding, why would I hide from you?
Indeed, I also wondered about the motives of running off to another site.

The easy answer is lack of guts. People like you routinely try to talk tough, but then you run off to another site to lick your wounds and to do a circle jerk with other gutless wonders.

If there is a reason for this behaviour then it is insecurity. That would explain your need to constantly tell everyone how you supposedly destroyed someone's arguments when you have done nothing of the sort. You think that by insulting Apolytoners at CG will make you look tough, when in fact, it just makes you look pathetic.

Quote:
Anyway, here's an analogy...
So you describe a situation where you see someone who is mentally ill and your response is to laugh at the person and insult the person. Nice, real nice.
Old August 27, 2002, 00:01   #193
Tingkai
Prince

Quote:

I'm crushed.
Ah, what a witty comment. And the great thing about NYE is his massive vocabulary. If you are going to try to insult someone, at least make it interesting. Repeatedly calling Blackice a bigot and a moron is boring.
Old August 27, 2002, 00:04   #194
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Re: Re: Re: Re: Hi-o!
Quote:
Yes, as I have mentioned before, the backcountry of Alberta is incredible. That's why I sometimes wonder why you spend so much time at Apolyton. Alberta summers are a time for hiking, camping, fishing, etc.
What kind of computer geek would I be if I spent all this time outside? Jeez, there's codes against that kind of thing you know.

Quote:
Indeed, I also wondered about the motives of running off to another site.
It's quite simple. Let's see if you can follow:
1. Boredom
2. Supreme stupidity on behalf of a vulnerable lefty
3. Banned from this site

I find it amazing that you were hurt by it so much that you're still whining about it days later. I didn't realize your ego was so fragile, otherwise I would have tried it earlier.

Quote:
The easy answer is lack of guts. People like you routinely try to talk tough, but then you run off to another site to lick your wounds and to do a circle jerk with other gutless wonders.
You said yourself earlier I'm not afraid to tell people what I think, so you know damn well I would have told you here if I could at the time.

Quote:
If there is a reason for this behaviour then it is insecurity.
You mean your behavior, still whining about people making fun of your incredibly stupid comments on another site? Days have passed, and you bring it upon yourself with such blatantly stupid comments, get over it.

Quote:
You think that by insulting Apolytoners at CG will make you look tough, when in fact, it just makes you look pathetic.
Erm, not quite. I usually insult Apolytoners on Apolyton (hence my banning, ironically ). I was bored and you were being exceedingly stupid, so I thought it was fun to mock it.

Quote:
So you describe a situation where you see someone who is mentally ill and your response is to laugh at the person and insult the person. Nice, real nice.
Hey, I don't think you're mentally ill, it's just sometimes you act like it.
Old August 27, 2002, 00:06   #195
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Quote:
Repeatedly calling Blackice a .. a moron is boring.
The truth isn't always interesting.
Blackwidow24 and FemmeAdonis fan club
Old August 27, 2002, 00:12   #196
Tingkai
Prince

Re: Re: Re: Hi-o!
Quote:
In 1968, 35.7 per cent of Albertans voted for the Trudeau Liberals. In 1972, 10 per cent of Albertans come to their sense, but a quarter of the Albertan voters stay with the Liberals.

In 1968, about 40 per cent of voters in the rest of western Canada vote Liberal.

Support for the Liberals in the west slowly declines througout the 70s and 80s.

In the 1990s and in the last election, support for the Liberals in the west is on the rise.
Old August 27, 2002, 00:17   #197
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

The increasing support for the Liberals is due to eastern Canada fleeing en masse to Alberta because it's such a better place to live, of course.

Seriously though, I bet there's a correlation of interprovincial migration and the rise of the Liberal's popularity.

Provincially though, the Liberals are getting worse each year.

And of course, in my statement, I meant majority. Especially during the 70s and 80s where the Liberal's support in the west was abysmal...

It would also be far more interesting if you supplied seats won rather than vote percentage, since that's what matters.
Old August 27, 2002, 00:19   #198
blackice
Emperor

Quote:
notyoueither You lied about your own identity.
Where? More tripe from the flake.

Asher:
Quote:
Alberta doesn't blame the East:
Quote:
I think Klein's quote on "Eastern bums and creeps" will bury his campaign in a national election, even though the comment was somewhat misunderstood by most of the nation.

Quebec is full of masochists, I fully expect them to keep electing Liberals or Bloc.
Harper insulted the Maritimes,
http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=51884
Are you wingnuts happy you voted liberal now (coughOntariocough). Boo!
Seems to me just in this limited O.T. we can find a few examples do I have to go to Hansards and or the local Alberta papers to show the readers here your BS?

Quote:
The article was primarily about Chretien throwing around the words "share" and "resources" in the same sentence. Which is extremely alarming to any Albertan who knows his history. Surely you would know that, right?
One reason your Alberta we are god tripe attracts so much attention and distain.

Asher:
Quote:
And he has a tendancy to go into a homeless shelter and tell them to get jobs.
I fail to see the humor, now to down play it and "claim" the Eastern media built it out of proportion.

Asher:
Quote:
The only simpletons in this thread so far have been you and Tingkai. And you're frustratingly hypocritical.
Sure, you go girl!

Quote:
However, the East does blame the West. Tingkai's comment is just classic, It's like you're all sitting over there
Sure they all do...Asher as many have said to you, every thread about Canada you have turned into a pro I am Alberta we are god, screw you we will not pay, you are all dumb we are smart, we do not share, we will separate, Trudeau blah blah blah tripe. Why not just start a thread an leave the rest on topic?

Quote:
No, not primarily the sick, poor, and elderly -- he also hurt the children. "You don't care about children do you"?
Nice to see you do read some post's I still fail to see what is so funny about it. Now tell me with all the billions why is there one child? I have asked that several times, it appears obvious to me and others your focus is cash, wealth. Nationalism and the rest have no meaning to you. This is very shallow and represents the worst of what Canada is all about. If you separate does that hurt the Liberals or Canada?

Quote:
I may not agree with everything he does but you have to admit the man gets things done.
Cool and who pays the price? The sick, homeless, mentally challenged, women and children. That does not make him a hero in my books. A sleeze a deviate, the worst kind of slum lord imaginable. I see no need now to deprive these people, Klien does.
Or do we?
Old August 27, 2002, 00:20   #199
blackice
Emperor

Well it appears Clark and Harper had it out today, the honeymoon is over.

Liberals for another term?
Or do we?
Old August 27, 2002, 00:25   #200
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Quote:
Asher:
Quote:
I think Klein's quote on "Eastern bums and creeps" will bury his campaign in a national election, even though the comment was somewhat misunderstood by most of the nation.
In all fairness, the Eastern Bums and creeps comment was taken out of context. He was talking about the increasing rate of eastern emigration to Alberta who were quite poor, but it was a poor way to say it to say the least.

Quote:
Quote:
Quebec is full of masochists, I fully expect them to keep electing Liberals or Bloc.
Harper insulted the Maritimes,
http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=51884
Are you wingnuts happy you voted liberal now (coughOntariocough). Boo!
Seems to me just in this limited O.T. we can find a few examples do I have to go to Hansards and or the local Alberta papers to show the readers here your BS?
Holy ****, you took that seriously? I suppose I don't use smilies enough?

Quote:
Asher:
Quote:
And he has a tendancy to go into a homeless shelter and tell them to get jobs.
I fail to see the humor, now to down play it and "claim" the Eastern media built it out of proportion.
You don't find it funny to have the mental image of a drunken premier telling drunk homeless people to go get jobs? Perhaps you've got one of those damn eastern senses of humor. They can't do anything right over there. (NOTE TO BLACKICE: THIS COMMENT IS NOT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY AND IS WHAT WE CALL IN THE WEST A 'JOKE'. THANK YOU)

Quote:
Sure they all do...Asher as many have said to you, every thread about Canada you have turned into a pro I am Alberta we are god, screw you we will not pay, you are all dumb we are smart, we do not share, we will separate, Trudeau blah blah blah tripe. Why not just start a thread an leave the rest on topic?
Excuse me, but Tingkai was the one who brought up the West (blaming us for Trudeau's actions in Quebec, of all things), so perhaps you should read the thread in full before making very, very stupid comments like that.

Quote:
Nice to see you do read some post's I still fail to see what is so funny about it. Now tell me with all the billions why is there one child?
Why is there one child? I thought we had more than that. Don't most provinces have more than 1 child?

Quote:
I have asked that several times, it appears obvious to me and others your focus is cash, wealth. Nationalism and the rest have no meaning to you. This is very shallow and represents the worst of what Canada is all about. If you separate does that hurt the Liberals or Canada?
If Alberta separates it helps the Liberals and hurts Canada. I don't see the point though, I'm not advocating Alberta's separation, I'm just going to move south and avoid the stupidity of Canadian politics and get a higher paying job to boot.
Old August 27, 2002, 00:29   #201
Tingkai
Prince

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hi-o!
Quote:
Days have passed, and you bring it upon yourself with such blatantly stupid comments, get over it.
Still having a problem taking responsibility for your actions, eh.

You remind me of some of the criminals I saw while covering the courts. They were always blaming other people for their actions.

Give up the feeble excusess and lame insults, Asher. You're just digging yourself deeper into the ground.

If I had a fragile ego, I would have raced over to CG and posted flaming responses. That's not my style. If you and others feel the need to cry at another site then that's your choice. I won't give you the satisfaction of responding.

The funny thing is that if this happened to you, you'd be racing over to CG to scream and whine.

Any way, since you seem incapable of acknowleging your childish behaviour, I see no point in trying to show you the errors of your way.

So I'll let you have the last word on this subject, and I know you won't be able to resist having it.

Later days.
Old August 27, 2002, 00:35   #202
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hi-o!
Quote:
Still having a problem taking responsibility for your actions, eh.
What, have I denied doing now or something?
I started a thread at CG which mocked an incredibly stupid comment a lefty made here. You'll notice I didn't even include your name or a link, and KrazyHorse was the one who named you. It was fully anonymous until that point. I even went out of my way not to name you by calling you "the other silly lefty".

Quote:
You remind me of some of the criminals I saw while covering the courts. They were always blaming other people for their actions.
Who the hell am I blaming? What are you on, Tingkai? You've made one nonsensical comment after another for the past week...

Quote:
Give up the feeble excusess and lame insults, Asher. You're just digging yourself deeper into the ground.
I'm not excusing anything, I'm not sorry for what I did and I shouldn't be. You were a moron, you were mocked, you cried and you *****ed and weeks later you're still visibly upset over it. Get over it, move on, not everyone in life is nice.

Quote:
If I had a fragile ego, I would have raced over to CG and posted flaming responses.
I imagine you were so upset you were too busy crying to maintain enough composure to type.

Quote:
The funny thing is that if this happened to you, you'd be racing over to CG to scream and whine.
Nonsense, I know people ***** about me on other sites all the time (search for your name on the other civ network sites), I just don't care. The people saying the stuff I'm not fond of to begin with, and I just don't care. It's simple really.

Quote:
Any way, since you seem incapable of acknowleging your childish behaviour, I see no point in trying to show you the errors of your way.

So I'll let you have the last word on this subject, and I know you won't be able to resist having it.

Later days.

So very typical. For christ sake, man, I made a thread on the other site anonymously making fun of a stupid lefty remark someone else made, KrazyHorse names you, and suddenly I'm such an evil person you are upset about it days later?

Give me a break, Tingkai, or at least get a grip. Are you just hurting that more people don't think very highly of you than you originally thought? Get used to it, I know many people don't think highly of me, and that's why I feel so free to let loose on people sometimes.

And FYI, most threads on CG are just spam/joke threads, most comments aren't made to be taken seriously. Somewhere down the line that thread did become serious after KH named you, but that's a rarity and wasn't my intention.

PM me your address and I'll airmail you a box of kleenex.
Old August 27, 2002, 01:01   #203
blackice
Emperor

Quote:
In all fairness, the Eastern Bums and creeps comment was taken out of context. He was talking about the increasing rate of eastern emigration to Alberta who were quite poor, but it was a poor way to say it to say the least.
Yes god forbid the citizens of Canada exercise their legal right to move to the wealthiest province in Canada to find work.
Either way it smacks of the Alberta teachings I have been commenting on. Lack of tolerance, lack of national pride, selfishness and disdain for the poor. All courtesy of your Premier...Now tell me that does not rub off on young impressionable minds that look up to him there….

Quote:
Holy ****, you took that seriously? I suppose I don't use smilies enough?

Quote:
A 'JOKE'.
I do not think many people find it is as funny as you in fact I know of no one… But it does reinforce what you are truly all about…

Quote:
stupid comments like that
The only thing stupid here is the fact you ignored my and countless other posters request’s to start an “We are God We are Albertan” thread and stick on topic in the rest. Taki was simply using it as an example.

Quote:
Why is there one child? I thought we had more than that. Don't most provinces have more than 1 child?
I realize this to you is funny, I realize too as with the homeless you do not care. But it does reinforce what you are truly all about…

Quote:
If Alberta separates it helps the Liberals and hurts Canada. I don't see the point though, I'm not advocating Alberta's separation,
It does? How does it help the liberals? You have said many times, an example would be the Kyoto agreement “we will separate” it will be the last straw etc…That is why I point out you unlike many Albertan’s are not very “Canadian”. In more ways than one, separation is not the way to get things done. Whining about NEP and Trudeau is not either. Riding the natural resources train and “claiming” to be superior to the rest does not do it either.

Quote:
I'm just going to move south and avoid the stupidity of Canadian politics and get a higher paying job to boot.
That does so much for your stance here….
Or do we?

Last edited by blackice; August 27, 2002 at 01:07.
Old August 27, 2002, 01:07   #204
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

blackice: At one point people stop "being Canadian" for a blatantly ungrateful nation and suck it up and:
1) Move away
2) Join a separatist movement

#2 isn't very likely, so I chose #1. I have the luxury of that since I've got dual citizenship so Canada isn't my only nation.

The fact is, Alberta does, in general, have a very different view in politics than most of the rest of Canada. The fact is, this isn't going to change anytime soon. The fact is, as long as Alberta remains a minority, the current design of the Canadian federal government allows for them to ruthlessly trample the rights of the Canadians living in Alberta because they are just that -- a minority.

Right or wrong, that's how it is, and personally I'm not going to put up with it. Only three more years and I'm off to the sunny hills of northern California.

So you can take all of your high and mighty comments about how Albertans aren't being very nice when they complain about being abused and shove it, because nobody over here cares.
Old August 27, 2002, 01:18   #205
blackice
Emperor

Quote:
blackice: At one point people stop "being Canadian" for a blatantly ungrateful nation
Why because they do not vote like you do? Who is ungrateful? The Nation?
What dictatorial diatribe, you sound more like Klien with every post.

Quote:
trample the rights of the Canadians living in Alberta because they are just that -- a minority.
Trample the rights? Oh ya Canadians are not suppose to move there I forgot it’s yours. You need to give your head a shake.

Quote:
Only three more years and I'm off to the sunny hills of northern California.
Well I am sure using Canada’s free healthcare, educational system and all the other perks. Make you well qualified to get a job and leech the resources there for your own personal gain. Yup as I said you are the worst example of a Canadian. Truely you represent what is wrong with Canada...

It should be pretty obvious to most now.
Or do we?
Old August 27, 2002, 01:26   #206
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Quote:
Why because they do not vote like you do? Who is ungrateful? The Nation?
What dictatorial diatribe, you sound more like Klien with every post.
I'm talking about a Prime Minister who refuses to do indepth studies about the reprecussions of Kyoto on the Alberta and Canadian economy in general now that the US has not signed it.
I'm talking about twatish comments (which came out of the blue) like Tingkai made earlier in the thread.
I'm talking about the stereotypes made by many people in the East of Albertans being intolerant hicks with no culture (which Tingkai once again demonstrated here).

Then you mix this with a feeling of being powerless federally, and is it any wonder that a lot of Albertans aren't very fond of the current system?

Quote:
Trample the rights? Oh ya Canadians are not suppose to move there I forgot it’s yours. You need to give your head a shake.
I never said anything about restricting immigration.
It's just that in cases where the federal government signs papers and agrees to give Alberta the rights to some things, and suddenly they become very valuable and they want a share, so they rip up the agreement and trash everything in a pathetic attempt to make everything rosey in the whole nation -- and it backfired horribly.

Quote:
Well I am sure using Canada’s free healthcare, educational system and all the other perks.
Don't get me started on Canada's "free" healthcare. When I lived in California I got MUCH better treatment MUCH faster and it was "free" with my dad's job. So I don't see that as an advantage.

Quote:
Make you well qualified to get a job and leech the resources there for your own personal gain.
Well, considering that every year this family contributes well over $100K in taxes alone, I think this family has pulled its weight in Canada and wouldn't be considered as leeching. If Chretien and the Liberals don't want the talent to leave, perhaps they should rethink some of their strategies and policies. I'm not the only person studying computer science who intends go move south of the border as soon as they graduate, some people I know have already applied for working and living visas and H1-Bs...

Quote:
Yup as I said you are the worst example of a Canadian. Truely you represent what is wrong with Canada...

It should be pretty obvious to most now.
Of course, I'm a bad Canadian. But perhaps you should look at this from my perspective:
I was born in the time of the NEP to a family who works in the oil industry.
Throughout the 80s and 90s I was in the province when it was given "subpar" treatment from Ottawa, and told by everyone else that long before I was born Alberta received the same aid so it's only fair. I accepted that. Then recently Chretien stopped even bothering to campaign here, has made comments about how westerners are weird and he doesn't like working with them, and just now refusing to do some real indepth studies on the ramifications of Kyoto -- and I've made my choice.

There's nothing for me to be proud of, there's no reason for me to stay. Rather than blaming me for being an uncanadian idiot, why don't you look at the policies of the federal politicians and see why this attitude is so widespread, participarly in my demographic? I'm not an isolated case.

But no, you won't believe it. You refuse to. Right now I bet you've already typed up your reply before you even see this comment. It's far easier to just dismiss Alberta's youth as a bunch of stupid whackos and try to toss them insults when they announce they've had it with this country. Surely nothing's wrong with the system, it's all those damn Albertans that screw everything up, right?

Last edited by Asher; August 27, 2002 at 01:35.
Old August 27, 2002, 01:37   #207
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Quote:
Quote:

I'm crushed.
Ah, what a witty comment. And the great thing about NYE is his massive vocabulary. If you are going to try to insult someone, at least make it interesting. Repeatedly calling Blackice a bigot and a moron is boring.
It appears you are mistaken about something. Let me clear it up, bigot.
Old August 27, 2002, 01:39   #208
KrazyHorse
Deity

Local Time: 02:43
sigh
Get Rich or Die Tryin'
Old August 27, 2002, 01:40   #209
KrazyHorse
Deity

Local Time: 02:43
This is one can-pol thread that's actually gotten nasty, rather than being simply exuberant. I blame it on the fact that I haven't participated enough.
Get Rich or Die Tryin'
Old August 27, 2002, 01:42   #210
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Quote:
Originally posted by Frogger
This is one can-pol thread that's actually gotten nasty, rather than being simply exuberant. I blame it on the fact that I haven't participated enough.
The problem is clearly all of the Westerners having an opinion. Perhaps we should use federal funds to simply carpetbomb the west? How does that sound, Jean?