Old August 28, 2002, 00:08   #241
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Local Time: 00:43
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Tingkai: Wonderful post, and excellent effort in trying to slant facts and pulling figures out of your ass to make a point. I would respond to it, because you know I really disagree with it, but I just can't be arsed because it's not going to change anything.

Quote:
Originally posted by blackice
Asher in other words THE END... Your arguement has pasted it's time, it's old news. You have no response to the reality of fact and once again you conceed the frail, hopeless stituation of your dictatorial diatribe.
Not even close, I've actually reinfored my opinion on the matter when I was doing some additional research. I have plenty to respond to your post with, because you've once again tried to judge me and my life based on what little information you know, but I'm not going to bother.

Quote:
Welcome to the real world, I hope some sunk in....
It has, and there is now no doubt in my mind that I'm making the right choice. You and Tingkai have solidified my opinion on the hopelessness of the situation, and nothing more. Sorry if you thought you actually did something.

Tingkai and blackice are both prime examples of seeing only what you want to see. You insist the discontent felt in the west is merely a hallucination, and fail to realize that real people are upset with how things happen and fail to understand future ramifications of it.

But it's not my problem now, is it? It can't get much worse federally than this. At least a fascist dictator would be upfront about everything and do something.
Old August 28, 2002, 00:18   #242
blackice
Emperor

Local Time: 01:43
Asher:
Quote:
Ontario and Quebec
This is where your inconsistancy and me the whinner shows.

1. Who says they are happy
2. Who says other than you and Klien They are getting any more than anyone else, Ontario certainly is not in fact dollar for dollar we make less here...
3. The same rules apply for all provinces that the feds make.
4. That is what I call whining.
“The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
Or do we?
Old August 28, 2002, 00:19   #243
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

And I feel the need to say one more thing to blackice:

I take particular offense to when you keep talking about my decision to stay in Canada to attend university. I think it's a bit below the belt because I don't have a choice in the matter, to be blunt.

You see, I do work and I do pay for my own university (including books). This costs a ton of money which I bust my ass for every year. What's worse is I don't qualify for student loans, and all of the money I'm making right now I'm spending on tuition and books already for the most part. I can't afford to go to an out of province college, let alone an out of the country college in the US. I can't even afford to have my own place while I live locally and go to college.

Personally I think it's a financially prudent decision to stay at home and go to college, since that's all I can afford to do. So please don't criticize that anymore, because it's not something I'm all too happy about doing in the first place.

And my decision to move south is mostly about the US (in particular, northern california) having a very strong job market for my field, while anywhere in Canada pales in comparison to it. I've already got lots of friends in California since I've lived there before, and I already know my way around there, and it's with a government I agree with far more. Canadian politics frustrate the hell out of me, as well as the attitudes of many Canadians who simply don't care.

Bash that all you want, but I'm sure you can see why it makes so much sense for me to do it. I don't even know why you bothered to talk about Canada's principles, since you know from previous debates I don't agree with many of them in the first place. I've also clearly demonstrated a definite lack in Canadian Pride, so it boggles my mind as to why you thought you'd go for that angle when blasting me for saying I'm moving.
Old August 28, 2002, 00:20   #244
blackice
Emperor

More cop outs from Asher wasted space and spam, someone delete it...

Quote:
trying to slant facts and pulling figures out of your ass to make a point.
Sure
“The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
Or do we?
Old August 28, 2002, 00:21   #245
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Quote:
Asher:
Quote:
Ontario and Quebec
This is where your inconsistancy and me the whinner shows.

1. Who says they are happy
The fact that they don't feel that a change in government is in order at least tells me they're content enough to keep the Liberals around for years on end

Quote:
2. Who says other than you and Klien They are getting any more than anyone else, Ontario certainly is not in fact dollar for dollar we make less here...
When did I ever say anything like that?

Quote:
3. The same rules apply for all provinces that the feds make.
When did I say anything like that?

Quote:
4. That is what I call whining.
It's called complaining, and in a democracy discontented citizens are allowed to complain. If you don't like it, maybe you should just add me to your ignore list so you can pretend that everyone is as content as the people in Ontario.
Old August 28, 2002, 00:30   #246
blackice
Emperor

Quote:
I take particular offense to when you keep talking about my decision to stay in Canada to attend university. I think it's a bit below the belt because I don't have a choice in the matter, to be blunt.

You see, I do work and I do pay for my own university (including books). This costs a ton of money which I bust my ass for every year. What's worse is I don't qualify for student loans, and all of the money I'm making right now I'm spending on tuition and books already for the most part. I can't afford to go to an out of province college, let alone an out of the country college in the US. I can't even afford to have my own place while I live locally and go to college.
Your summer job ended so what now? Tell me what do you work at now? The entire night you spend on O.T. You must go to school in the day. Ok so you stay up all night go to work go to school and come here to post until 6:00 am est every day.
ok and I have a bridge to sell.... Choice how old are you?

Quote:
Personally I think it's a financially prudent decision to stay at home and go to college
Colledge i thought you said university? Yes it is and I'll tell you if my child wants to stay home and go to colledge I could not be happier.

Quote:
go for that angle when blasting me for saying I'm moving
Because i feel strongly about people using our great system and going elswhere to apply thier new found skils to pad the revenues of another coutry...Easy. Why not start your own here?
Or do we?
Old August 28, 2002, 00:35   #247
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Quote:
Your summer job ended so what now? Tell me what do you work at now? The entire night you spend on O.T. You must go to school in the day. Ok so you stay up all night go to work go to school and come here to post until 6:00 am est every day.
My job ended last week because I was a substitute worker at Voodoo Computers. When the full time people went on a vacation I stepped in and did their job and made enough for college again, and have 2 weeks off now before class starts up again.

And most people do go to class in the day, blackice. They start in a couple weeks.

And it's simply impossible to have a job during the school year when taking 3 computer science classes (not to mention a couple of math and a technical writing course) a term -- the outside of class workload is incredible and you need to work with your team a lot, so you need flexible and abundant hours to work with outside of class.

Quote:
ok and I have a bridge to sell.... Choice how old are you?
18, entering 2nd year college now.

Quote:
Colledge i thought you said university? Yes it is and I'll tell you if my child wants to stay home and go to colledge I could not be happier.
In California the terms are interchangable. I'm going to the University of Calgary.

Quote:
Because i feel strongly about people using our great system and going elswhere to apply thier new found skils to pad the revenues of another coutry...Easy. Why not start your own here?
Because I feel discontented with the country as a whole. It just doesn't feel right to me. It's also interesting comparing salaries of compsci graduates in Canada and the US. The ones who go to the US make the same numbers as the ones in Canada, on average, except the US ones are in USD and they've got lower taxes on top of that.

Most of the big tech companies are in the Seattle area, Silicon Valley, or Austin. The only place in Canada with "lots" of tech jobs is Ottawa right now, and I really don't want to live there.
Old August 28, 2002, 00:40   #248
blackice
Emperor

Quote:
The fact that they don't feel that a change in government is in order at least tells me they're content enough to keep the Liberals around for years on end
Come on this is a dry lemon. Look Doris or the idiot malroney the american puppet or liberal look at Canadian political history your answer is there.

Asher :
Quote:
Asher:
Quote:
Don't you also think it's not exactly fair to have an entire region's opinion consistently tossed to the side and disregarded for decades on end? You don't think that in order of Canada, as a whole, to be happy, some concessions should be made to ensure Canada stays happy, and not just strictly Ontario and Quebec?
Say no more...

Quote:
When did I say anything like that?
I wish you would, then I would understand you comprehend that we all get the shaft not just Alberta. It would change the debate totaly.

Quote:
It's called complaining, and in a democracy discontented citizens are allowed to complain. If you don't like it, maybe you should just add me to your ignore list so you can pretend that everyone is as content as the people in Ontario.
Ah yes complaining Hey I complain too, we all do. Then when I get pissed off I do something about it. Like two constitutional challenges because that is what a proactive discontented citizen is allowed to do. So if you don't like it maybe instead of complaining about it and asking people to add you to your ignore list. maybe you could join those discontent people in Ontario add a voice and *ucking do something other than whining? What do you think?
Or do we?
Old August 28, 2002, 00:42   #249
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Quote:
Asher :
Quote:
Asher:
Quote:
Don't you also think it's not exactly fair to have an entire region's opinion consistently tossed to the side and disregarded for decades on end? You don't think that in order of Canada, as a whole, to be happy, some concessions should be made to ensure Canada stays happy, and not just strictly Ontario and Quebec?
Say no more...
So at which point did I say anything about Ontario getting more tax dollars?

Quote:
Ah yes complaining Hey I complain too, we all do. They when I get pissed off I do something about it. Like two constitutional challenges because that is what a proactive discontented citizen is allowed to do. So if you don't like it maybe instead of complaining about it and asking people to add you to your ignore list. maybe you could join those discontent people in Ontario add a voice and *ucking do something other than whining? What do you think?
I think it's a really stupid idea. I'm a university student in Calgary, I'm not going to change anything in Ottawa.

I do vote, and that is my voice, and so far it doesn't seem to matter what we vote in Alberta.
Old August 28, 2002, 00:47   #250
KrazyHorse
Deity

Local Time: 02:43
Quote:
do vote, and that is my voice, and so far it doesn't seem to matter what we vote in Alberta
And it doesn't seem to matter what I vote as a leftie living in Quebec, but what the hell.

The solution is to preach to the public, not try to jugger the system in your favour.
Get Rich or Die Tryin'
Old August 28, 2002, 00:49   #251
blackice
Emperor

Quote:
I think it's a really stupid idea. I'm a university student in Calgary, I'm not going to change anything in Ottawa.
If you don't have the *alls to do something about it quit whinning.

I am a parent in Ontario, a small town, hear me roar Ottawa and they do believe me. They have delayed, screwed up, *ucked up tried many underhanded crap to slow me down.

But you know what this small time parent has the *ucks on the run and by the *alls. Why? Because we have rights and laws excersise them. Lougheed did, I am, so are many others. Want to change something get involved.
Or do we?
Old August 28, 2002, 00:50   #252
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Quote:
Originally posted by Frogger
And it doesn't seem to matter what I vote as a leftie living in Quebec, but what the hell.

The solution is to preach to the public, not try to jugger the system in your favour.
But as soon as someone from the west preaches they start whining and blackice/Tingkai get their panties in a twist.

The real solution is to know when to give up on a hopeless cause and move on (or away).

Eastern and central Canada just has a fundamentally different idea on what the federal government should do. It's quite simple really, and I think the CA/PC are wasting their time.
Old August 28, 2002, 00:52   #253
Tingkai
Prince

Local Time: 14:43
Quote:
Originally posted by Asher
I do vote, and that is my voice, and so far it doesn't seem to matter what we vote in Alberta.
Just jumping in for a quick comment. Asher says he's 18 and he votes. In which election did you vote?
Old August 28, 2002, 00:53   #254
blackice
Emperor

And you are wasting mine.
Or do we?
Old August 28, 2002, 00:53   #255
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Quote:
If you don't have the *alls to do something about it quit whinning.

I am a parent in Ontario, a small town, hear me roar Ottawa and they do believe me. They have delayed, screwed up, *ucked up tried many underhanded crap to slow me down.

But you know what this small time parentent has the *ucks on the run. Why? because we have rights excersise them Lougheed did. I am, so are many others. What to change something get involved.
Hey, good for you, but that's not for everyone.
I don't know the first thing about legal crap, what I do is computers.

Plus I've got options. Like moving without any hassle.
Remember I'm American just as much as I am Canadian, which means I can choose which country to live in. Why stay and waste all this time and effort trying to change the voting habits of 20 million people in Canada when I can move to a place where I can get a better job AND have a better agreement with how the government works?
Old August 28, 2002, 00:54   #256
blackice
Emperor

Hey say no more.
Or do we?
Old August 28, 2002, 00:54   #257
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Quote:
Originally posted by Tingkai
Just jumping in for a quick comment. Asher says he's 18 and he votes. In which election did you vote?
Calgary '01.
Old August 28, 2002, 00:55   #258
Tingkai
Prince

Quote:

But as soon as someone from the west preaches they start whining and blackice/Tingkai get their panties in a twist.

Look at this thread. Who are the people have temper tantrums about the west: Asher and NYE.

Old August 28, 2002, 00:57   #259
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Quote:
Look at this thread. Who are the people have temper tantrums about the west: Asher and NYE.

If I had a temper tantrum I'd be banned right now.

Just Westerners have a soft spot for when people from the east try to blame us from their problems, when EVERYONE knows it's vice versa.
Old August 28, 2002, 00:58   #260
Tingkai
Prince

Quote:
Calgary '01.
Congrats on becoming a full citizen, although I should hold off on the congrats until you have actually voted in a federal election.

The sad thing is that someone so young has already given up.

Look at Blackice. He's still in his, what?, 40s and he's still fighting (even if it means he bangs his head against a wall). I don't agree with all of his views, but I do admire the effort he makes to change what he thinks is wrong.
Old August 28, 2002, 00:59   #261
blackice
Emperor

Not from what I have read here, or anyone else thats just plain stupid.

Quote:
I don't agree with all of his views, but I do admire the effort he makes to change what he thinks is wrong.
it is highly personalized yes. But right is right and wrong is wrong. When I see people (kids) being screwed over by greed. All I have to say is watch your nuts cuz I'm aiming for them. DO YOU HEAR ME CRETIEN

I got you by the Balls....And the courts agree
Or do we?

Last edited by blackice; August 28, 2002 at 01:05.
Old August 28, 2002, 01:00   #262
Tingkai
Prince

Quote:

If I had a temper tantrum I'd be banned right now.

Just Westerners have a soft spot for when people from the east try to blame us from their problems, when EVERYONE knows it's vice versa.
Nah, the reason you're not banned is because Canadians prefer to beat each up rather then running to momma moderator.

Besides, I bet that when the moderators see a thread about Canadian politics, they just
Old August 28, 2002, 01:03   #263
Tingkai
Prince

Quote:
Not from what I have read here, or anyone else thats just plain stupid.
The juxtaposition of this statement (coming right after what I said about your efforts to change the system) is one of the more funnier unintentional things I've seen in a while.
Old August 28, 2002, 01:05   #264
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Quote:
Nah, the reason you're not banned is because Canadians prefer to beat each up rather then running to momma moderator.
The reason I'm not banned is because I haven't done anything wrong. When someone really sets me off you'll see lots of nice colorful things that warrants a quick and swift ban.

I've got a temper problem, and I know that, but thankfully it happens quite rarely.
Old August 28, 2002, 01:06   #265
blackice
Emperor

Too true timming
Or do we?
Old August 28, 2002, 01:06   #266
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

My. The sh!t don't stop do it?
Old August 28, 2002, 01:07   #267
blackice
Emperor

It's ADHD no biggy
Or do we?
Old August 28, 2002, 01:08   #268
blackice
Emperor

Oh look who is here the one line dummy.
Or do we?
Old August 28, 2002, 01:09   #269
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Quote:
It's ADHD no biggy
Close, but no cigar.
It's actually something far more serious.
Old August 28, 2002, 01:14   #270
blackice
Emperor

manic depesive? or ODD?
Or do we?