Old August 22, 2002, 19:33   #31
Hot_Enamel
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 17:44
Local Date: November 1, 2010
My biggest concern is the Germans. They are always super aggresive in my games so I usually try and take them out as early as possible.

This is not something we can do at the moment, so I suggest we concentrate on our immediate goals and hope that Bismark does not choose this time to attack our weakly defended cities.

Lets do what we need to do with the French as quickly as possible. Then rush our units back to take care of the Americans, and strengthen our borders.

Although I normally love sticking my nose into other Civ wars, I say lets stay the hell out of the Greek war for now.
Old August 22, 2002, 19:58   #32
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 01:44
Re: Machiavelli institute : analysis of the Greek Wars
Quote:
Originally posted by Spiffor
But I don't think we should choose between the 2 camps right now : if we side with Greece, Napoleton and Geofront are threatened by troops from England (6 squares NE of Napoleton)
Don't worry about Geofront.

"Titanic will not sink, Tokyo 3 will not fall."

Quote:
Originally posted by Spiffor
If we side against Greece, well, we could say bye bye to our former American land. Plus, the available techs for trade (monotheism and republic) aren't immediately useful to us, and we could wait a few more turns before buying them, so that they devaluate.
I'm not even sure if we should go after Republic anywhere near this time. We should wait until after we know if we'll be able to support it economically. It would be good to get Monotheism before we are done researching Feudalism though. That way we could quickly complete Project Lain or get a nice start on Protocol Eiri.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old August 23, 2002, 07:52   #33
Max
Chieftain

Local Time: 07:44
Quote:
Originally posted by Hot_Enamel
My biggest concern is the Germans. They are always super aggresive in my games so I usually try and take them out as early as possible.

This is not something we can do at the moment, so I suggest we concentrate on our immediate goals and hope that Bismark does not choose this time to attack our weakly defended cities.

Lets do what we need to do with the French as quickly as possible. Then rush our units back to take care of the Americans, and strengthen our borders.

Although I normally love sticking my nose into other Civ wars, I say lets stay the hell out of the Greek war for now.
IMHO we have too many neighbors

And worse: most of our cities can be threaten by AI armies at any time. If we conquered France & the remnants of America (which is supposed to be done quite soon) + GREECE, we would have a very big core of cities inacessible to our ennemies.

If we choose to turn against Germany or Persia, we will get a very stretched empire, which is good neither for cities security, nor for corruption.

I say let's put Greece as the next nation on our list (after France and America)
Old August 23, 2002, 08:00   #34
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 08:44
Yeah, a stretched empire is bad for corruption. You raised a very good point Max.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old August 23, 2002, 10:42   #35
wervdon
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 00:44
We should stay away from war with greece until we have a decent sized stack of Knights. Swords vs hoplites just won't work.

Our immediate goal should be a surgical strike against france.

Finish America.

Then build up a good pikeman defense (at least 2 per city), followed by knights or horseman to become knights for a greek war, combined with culturial buildup as possible.