Old August 22, 2002, 12:16   #1
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 02:45
Local Date: November 1, 2010
COL Question - re Paris and other new cities.
I have read in several areas that people think the SMC has control over newly concured cities. As city planner this influences my position, so I looked in the COL and found nothing there.

If there is something that I missed, can someone please point it out. I fully intend to cooperate with the SMC and their requests, but unless there is something, I will assume it falls under my jurisdiction and will act as such.

Thanks.

GK

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old August 22, 2002, 12:24   #2
DAVOUT
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 07:45
The control of the SMC on newly conquered cities was supposed to last as long as the opposants, IIRC , or perhaps the war; not unreasonnable.
Old August 22, 2002, 12:27   #3
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 08:45
It was polled a long time ago (early 1st term) by Uber. I don't think it became an amendment to the constitution though.
The SMC's control is intended to refresh the army (by building troops in conquered cities, mostly). IIRC, the SMC controls cities up to 5 turns after resistance is gone.
Old August 22, 2002, 12:33   #4
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 00:45
http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=53429

Ah, FROM MY DIRECTORY THREAD!!! Thanks for the Archive!!!

official poll, in group format. The 'yes's won, but for how long in unclear

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 22, 2002, 14:41   #5
GePap
Emperor

Local Time: 00:45
Well, I think its really up to Uber to decide, isn't it?

With the American cities, the SMC didn't take control. Either the SMC forgot, or it was not seen as an issue.

I would just tell you Godking to ask Uber or his deputy and get them to tell you whether they care to exercise this power given to them, or not- if they care to have it, ask them their plans, since this would be the right thing to do anyway, and if they don't care to have it, well, then thre you go.
"Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw
Old August 22, 2002, 17:25   #6
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

No problem. I would have done whatever they asked for anyway as it is war after all. Just wanted clarification.

Truth is that jdjdjd is acting as regional administrator (have to come up with a better name than that) for the area - revenge will be sweat.

--Con
Old August 22, 2002, 18:42   #7
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 01:45
Godking, I was under the interpretation SMc control lasted until resistance was ended, but your input is vital. Speaking as myself and not uber I would pop rush a temple the second the resistance is finished in paris. In orleans I would wait until we get to 2 people to pop rush. This would eliminate some french people and also help the culture thus extending our borders. Basically I believe that temple should be built as soon as possible in captured cities. By the way when are we getting a temple in termina, when we get chartes that would let us link our whole path in our borders. Also do we need all these spearman, lets produce at least a few chariots and or horsemen. Like I said horsemen for combat now and chariots to get golden age.
Aggie
Old August 22, 2002, 18:59   #8
Ninot
PtWDG RoleplayC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 01:45
Quote:
Originally posted by GodKing
No problem. I would have done whatever they asked for anyway as it is war after all. Just wanted clarification.

Truth is that jdjdjd is acting as regional administrator (have to come up with a better name than that) for the area - revenge will be sweat.
regional administrator? would this be a duty outside that of his judicial one? i know the COL doesnt allow THAT (thanks to Trip)
Old August 22, 2002, 19:39   #9
GodKing
Emperor

Yes Ninot, it is. However, all what he does goes through me, and I take full responsibility for it. Also, this doesn't per say violate the ammendment as this position is not yet formalized in the government (I am currently testing out how it works and if it goes well, in the next couple of weeks I will revive my previous thread, adjust how it is based on real playing, and submitt it for further discussion and a vote to the people). So far, I do not see it as being a conflict with any judicial duties, and if it is then jdjdjd has indicated he will bow out prior to any conflict occuring. IMO we are to few to allow 5 people to be locked into playing judge and not letting them do anything more, particularly when they are some of the more active participants.

Aggie - for me first priority will be to secure the new city against any counterattack. Second is to generate some culture to prevent flipping back to the old regeme. I posted a couple of days ago the same idea of doing some pop rushing of culture items (temples and libraries) and of also making many settlers and workers to keep the populations low at first.

Don't chariots upgrade as well as horsemenn, and they are only 2/3 the cost. so there is no reason to build any horse. See my proposed orders thread for what I am working on (OPD has region 1) and I am suggesting to start on chariots to be used in the occupation of america (almost perfict timing to let us jump into building leo's workshop )

--Con
Old August 23, 2002, 07:43   #10
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 08:45
hi ,

it seems only logical to have the smc in control , unitll the resistors are gone , ....

the smc should also post a couple units in that city , to make sure that they dont start to get funny ideas there in the future

have a nice day