Old August 22, 2002, 17:02   #1
itsagreenday
Settler

Local Time: 22:46
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Thanks to all who post
I've been lurking here for the last month or so, picking up tips while finishing my game with the Persians. I've learned a ton from reading what everyone has been saying, so much so that I'm kicking ass in my first regent game (as the Aztecs).

I just started the middle ages about 20 turns ago and have 24 cities (on a 160 x 160 map, 11 civs). I destroyed the French with my iron (I have all but one of the resources on the continent that I share with the Americans, Iroquois, Zuls, and formerly the French. I have the Iroquois backed into a peninsula (waiting for the right time to strike), and I'm about to unleash the fury on the Zulus. I built the Pyramids, Hanging Gardens, and the Lighthouse, and I might be able to get the Great Library.

I couldn't have done any of this without spending huge amounts of hours perusing these forums. My last game was on Warlord, which I won culturally with a puny score of 2100. I started playing Civ in middle school, played Civ 2 in high school and most of college, but haven't had much time for Civ 3 until recently, and my old skills weren't working as well. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has posted strategic tidbits for general consumption by the less-practiced and less-adept.
Old August 22, 2002, 17:06   #2
N. Machiavelli
Prince

Local Time: 07:46
Local Date: November 1, 2010
This is definatly one of, if not *the*, best places to garner all sorts of useful (and sometimes useless) info.

Last edited by N. Machiavelli; August 22, 2002 at 17:15.
Old August 22, 2002, 17:09   #3
Moonsinger
Warlord

Local Time: 00:46
Don't forget to check out the War Academy too. You are on your way to beat the Deity level at no time.
Old August 22, 2002, 17:21   #4
Galvatron
Civilization II PBEMPtWDG Glory of War
Prince

Local Time: 00:46
Quote:
Originally posted by N. Machiavelli
This is definatly one of, if not *the*, best places to garner all sorts of useful (and sometimes useless) info.
Yes this place here is ideal: a perfect mix of interesting posts to master the game and funny side comments

Proud and official translator of Yaroslavs Civilization-Diplomacy utility.
Old August 22, 2002, 20:25   #5
Thrawn05
King

Local Time: 01:46
Quote:
Originally posted by Galvatron
funny side comments

I do my part for Apolyton thank you.