Old August 23, 2002, 08:38   #1
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 00:47
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I need some help
I could use a hand.

As you all know, I am a bit busy around here.

If someone out there could please give a hand by writing the Sat edition of the Gazette for me, I would most appreciate it. There are plenty of you out there who would do a fine job. Maybe even enjoy it enough to become a regular. GodKing, Spiffor, Shiber, Aggie, History Guy just to name a few would do a fabulous job. So can someone out there lend a hand?

Only requirements are the title is size 6, bold, and green
The motto is placed below: You light in the Jungle
along with the date: current date, game year

Stories typically have a size 4 heading, and a size 3 subheading, and include a link when appropriate.

Anyone who can assist, please indicate below.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 23, 2002, 08:41   #2
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 02:47
I can assist, but will not be able to start until around saturday afternoon.....

Therefor it would probably be a real late saturday or a sunday edition.

email or pm me with a go ahead, or if someone else volunteers and can need a hand, let me know.

GK

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old August 23, 2002, 09:29   #3
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 08:47
I can write a story or two, and I won't mind publishing it either if other people send me their stories.
I can also help PM'ing and Emailing the people who subscribed to the newspaper once the edition is out.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old August 23, 2002, 11:38   #4
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Ok, you guys:

Stories for this edition:

The $ minigame begins with links the threads.
Greek wars.
All the wonders built.
Map whoring project success.

Anything else is up to you.

I appoint Shiber in charge of the actual publication. I will do the subscriber list. Shiber, ask for any help with the stories. I could maybe even do one or two, and check your PM box, here they come...

Anyone else wishing to assist, please contact Shiber on how.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 23, 2002, 11:51   #5
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Okay, everyone who has any stories - PM them to me as soon as possible. I myself will write the stories about the new wonders and the map whoring project, and maybe something about MWIA "making contact from the other side" after his long absence.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old August 23, 2002, 11:53   #6
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

I will do the $ Mini game with links.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 23, 2002, 12:15   #7
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Ok, Shiber.

Did you get the letters forwarded to you?

Also, anyone can pretty much put words in my mouth for quotes, within reason.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 23, 2002, 12:21   #8
Shiber
Emperor

Scratch that, somebody else do the wonders story. I'm too preoccupied.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old August 23, 2002, 12:32   #9
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 02:47
I will add what I can, and send to both of you (Shiber and Unortho) so if it doesn't make it into this one, it can be used in the next edition.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old August 23, 2002, 13:05   #10
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
I will do the $ Mini game with links.
Here's an image for the $Mini-game story, the authorized jurisdiction for Market One as mapped by The Apolytonian Geographic Society.

There are still parcels of land left for enterprising citizens!
Old August 23, 2002, 13:23   #11
Shiber
Emperor

I got the letters (both PMs) and the article about the $ minigame.
I have finished writing an article about MWIA's trouble with his computer and an article about the tech trade.
I am currently working on the layout and expecting more articles to come.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old August 23, 2002, 13:25   #12
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Hey, edit in that sweet map.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 23, 2002, 13:27   #13
Shiber
Emperor

Sorry, I'm not attaching any images. The Gazzette has not used images until now and if anyone is going to make a first edition with images it's unortho, not me.
Perhaps he could make an edition with images celebrating the invention of the printing press after we discover it.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old August 23, 2002, 13:32   #14
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

I had a similar Idea, actually.

We haven't HAD pictures because there is little room for such software on my comp, as I adequetly demonstrated with the lousy quality of the screenshot in the report thread, and no one has submitted any till now. But, whatever eases the burden on you.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 23, 2002, 13:45   #15
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Ok, I believe all we need now is a story on the wonders, and on the Greek wars. Come, now people, Let's here from you. I know we have some writers out there.

Spiffor, you could do one easily, you are already doing the newsupdate.
Epistax, you could fill in easily as well.
Ninot, I've seen you bumping around, how bout it?

One story is not hard to write. 8-10 become a real case of writer's block.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 23, 2002, 13:54   #16
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

I'll have a new thread with the market area image and Rule synopsis posted by Saturday so you can link to it.

That's assuming I'm not deposed by the $Mini-game elections tonight.

Last edited by GhengisFarb™; August 23, 2002 at 14:42.
Old August 23, 2002, 13:57   #17
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

See, Shiber, this is why we normally keep the article's secret. get too many last minute changes otherwise.

I already wrote that story, it links to the bidding and the trading threads. Perhaps Shiber can edit a link to the new thread at the bottom of it.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 23, 2002, 14:46   #18
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
See, Shiber, this is why we normally keep the article's secret. get too many last minute changes otherwise.

I already wrote that story, it links to the bidding and the trading threads. Perhaps Shiber can edit a link to the new thread at the bottom of it.
If he didn't want info, he shouldn't have asked!

Besides, I'm just giving a heads up that we're making a less garbled explanation/join thread.
Old August 23, 2002, 14:53   #19
Shiber
Emperor

Can do, if Ghengis sends me the URL once the thread is opened.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old August 23, 2002, 15:10   #20
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 22:47
Local Date: October 31, 2010
My very helpful deputy minister adaMada wants to write a piece on foreign affairs.

If no one has written it yet, PM him. He can send you an article on the Greek war as well as the recent wonders built.

Maybe cover the debate amongst the citizens on if we should get involved in this foreign war.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old August 23, 2002, 15:19   #21
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Ghengis, I was just giving you a hard time.

adaMada PM'd me about that, I believe. That would be fine. Just Don't make it TOO long. We don't need a three page essay.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 23, 2002, 15:20   #22
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 01:47
Would be happy to if its needed; just let me know, and tell me when it's needed back. Also, should the article be purely informational, or should it be more detailed and analyze the results a bit.

Whatever's needed, just let me know...

-- adaMada
Old August 23, 2002, 15:21   #23
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Yes, go ahead and do it. Send a copy to Shiber and one to me. To be in Saturday's paper, you should have it done either tonight or early tomorrow. Wed edition is due by Tuesday night. Donal is gone this week, so I will do the Wed edition. In fact, your article will likely cover the wars and wonders, correct? I believe that covers the basic 'required' news. Anyone else, just send in fun stuff.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 23, 2002, 15:32   #24
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Sure, I'll do wars and wonders.

No need for it to be long at all; basically, the news article can just say what happened, and can link to the various analysis threads. Perhaps even add some creative quotes from the leaders of the various civilizations involved... Besides all of that, though, is there anything else that really needs to go in there, or that might enhance the article?

-- adaMada
Old August 23, 2002, 15:38   #25
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Whatever you want after that. Have fun with it. That was the whole point in starting this.

Hey, if I get this much results from public inquiry, I may just do a thread for every edition.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 23, 2002, 20:40   #26
adaMada
King

My article's almost done (text is done, I'm just reading it over and over and checking that there's nothign else to say/wrong).

One thing that I thought it might be nice for the Newspaper to do, however... to mention that Captain is retiring, perhaps a small line honoring his accomplishments and achievements. A sentance saying that a replacement justice is now being looked for probably wouldn't hurt either.

If it's needed, I could write it, but it really only needs to be one sentance long, just acknowledging his service... I don't think it's a big thing.

Just in case it helps, his retirement thread is located at http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=59693.

-- adaMada
Old August 23, 2002, 21:43   #27
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

ada, please do write that, but include Trip as well, as he is leaving. We must honor our Justices.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 24, 2002, 00:06   #28
adaMada
King

Ohh, ok, sorry, forgot about Trip's leaving. I mean, didn't forget about it, but it was expected, so it didn't stand out in my mind as much...

-- adaMada
Old August 24, 2002, 01:02   #29
adaMada
King

Everything's sent in... if there's time, I might be able to get the Captain/Trip thing more complete, but if not, I think it's good enough to go with...

Very late here, I'm going to bed . Good night to all.

-- adaMada
Old August 25, 2002, 12:25   #30
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

hi ,

check out his farewell thread

have a nice day