View Poll Results: Office - Candidate (Vote for the candidate to allow them to take office)
Government Agent - sc369 6 24.00%
Market Assessor - Franses 9 36.00%
Banker - GhengisFarb 9 36.00%
ABSTAIN 1 4.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 23, 2002, 18:51   #1
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 00:49
Local Date: November 1, 2010
$Mini-Game Election
This is to officially elect the people who will run the $Mini-Game.

The Government Agent conducts auctions and proposes taxes and rules which are then voted on and must pass with more than 50% of the vote.

The Market Assesor calculates the supply and demand and then posts this information at the beginning of each Business Session.

The Banker tracks and calculates final supply and demand, ending prices, successful/unsuccessful trades and business transactions then posts the results at the end of the Business Session.

There is currently one candidate for each office. Each candidate must recieve more than 50% of the votes to assume office. The duties of any office not filled will be performed by the other candidates elected until the position is filled.

Basically, each vote for a candidate is a yes vote, you make vote for each, or only the one's you approve of.

THIS POLL WILL LAST 24 HOURS.
Old August 24, 2002, 03:04   #2
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 08:49
GHengis :
I think you're a pretty fast person. Your polls last 24 hours, as the $turns do. Even if I can check the Demogame several times per day, I think it would be better (and less hectic) to hold 2-says turns, and elections (or everythibng for that matter)
Old August 24, 2002, 03:28   #3
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

This is veering rapidly towards spam.
Old August 24, 2002, 07:45   #4
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Spiffor
GHengis :
I think you're a pretty fast person. Your polls last 24 hours, as the $turns do. Even if I can check the Demogame several times per day, I think it would be better (and less hectic) to hold 2-says turns, and elections (or everythibng for that matter)
I agree, the only reason we've be going so fast is that Termina will build a settler Sunday and we're trying to squeeze as much trade time in as possible before that happens. (it will cost us two pop and drastically reduce demand)
Old August 24, 2002, 09:15   #5
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Okay this is out there, but I given it some thought and I think this fair based on the work put in.

Quick Definitions:
Trading Cycle = Series of trading sessions based on the most recent status of our market form the Democracy Game.
Trading Session = An actual trading session or turn, should be 3-5 trading sessions per Trading Cycle.

Government Agent: Pretty much useless during gameplay, only really needed for each Auction as the GA can't bid on land. Honestly, I don't fill comfortable with someone wanting to be GA. They own no land and thereby have no interest in playing the game, so why do they want to be involved? Just to screw around with the people playing the game?

Think it should be a temp position elected before each auction and the GA gets 10% of auction proceeds to purchase an unsold tile at end of auction. If no tiles are unsold we could work a system where the GA got a business in a city somewhere.

Market Assessor- Only does work at beginning of Trading Cycle, same info for each session so would post same starting information with any new rule changes.

Think the position should be paid $200-300 per Cycle.

Banker: Has same amount of work for each trading session.

Think the position should get paid $100-150 per Session.

Using this formula Captain would get around $1400 to purchase an unsold tile for the first auction.

Frances would make $200-300 for a Trading Cycle.

The Banker would make $300-500 depending on how many sessions were in the Trading Cycle.

Comments/Suggestions?