Old August 25, 2002, 10:09   #1
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 00:52
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Turnthread orders for 290 BC
OK guys, you have ALOT of work to do.

Turns to be played on WED. unless ou guys need mre time for help from the public.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 25, 2002, 14:04   #2
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 01:52
Here are Final orders. Note these orders assume 10% luxuries, if not we need another spear in bhq and also i poly soon.(Ie we can't send them out)
Move Sword Army(SA) into paris.
Move sq,3 archers from (AA) nw,n
Move elite spear into orleans
Move warrior to BHQ
Upgrade 3 warriors in BHQ to Sword(SHIFT-U)
Upgrade warrior in Tass to Sw
Tass Spear to geofront
Termina Spear Goto to Gaia, then use as needed
Poly Spear goto Geofront
Spear in Loveshack e,n to take worker prisoner.
Gaia Spear to Del Monte, becareful not to give spear target, I doubt he'll take it, but be safe.(I noticed that the second move will end across river from spear, please end 1 sq earlier to avoid danger.)
Galleys to point sw,s of Apolyton, may I suggest the settler and a spear go there to board. (After this I declare them in the hands of imperial expansion to make the jump to Uber Isle.

SA move 5 sw from paris Nw,N
Move other 2 swords into Paris.(Due to small size garrison will be 2)
AA NW to se of Rheims
archer in orleans n,nw,n and one n of orleans nw,n
3 sword in BHQ move NW(Note" I've noticed the AI loves hills and that settler stack w of loveshack is awfully close to that mountain, if it is 1 square away, please use one of sword to occupy hill. Doubtful but if the AI sees the opportunity it might take it. Also make sure the settler stack e of loveshack doesn't camp out on some mountain somewhere.
1 sword goto delmonte to get robin hood, use same movement strategy you did for spearman.
Thee three swords from Bhq will now be known as sword army 2(SWA2)
Spear Ne of Loveshack goto Geofront, if settle stack near, use this force to herd the stack so swords can kill them.

Attack Rheims. Use archers on city side of river first and then if necessary use the ones across river on defenders. YES THIS A GAMBLE. Also if we win and units are available enter into rheims.
SA move N
SA2 Attacks archer stacks nearby, if 2 swordsmen are available and archer stack nearby.

SA attacks Marselles
SA2 Hunts settler stacks(once these are gone rest up to max and attack Munich). Also use spear from loveshack, if possible to help, so if attack swordsmen will be ok.
Also this turn make peace if joan allows I suspect the deal will depend on our sucess. At this point either our armies would have failed or have won but will be too weakened to do anything. Please redistribute forces to makes sure no flip, ie troops = number of enemy citizens.

Build orders:
Temples in all captured cities. Change appropriate workers to entertainers or taxmen to keep peace.

For the German persian front the outline is
Kill settler stacks and then take munich
Make peace with german
If army or more is left go after close persians cities and then make peace with them.
Note we attack munich regardless of size, if it is destroyed oh well.

A Request:
Godking please give me horsemen so I can use in operations.

Last note:
I might appear I am not expecting a counterattack. In fact I am, but consider it best to ignore the attack unless they go after city. Most likely they will go for the army in the field, whick will be in a jungle. So orders basically are IGNORE enemy units and press north to marselles. If this was in chat format it would be easier since I' cant foresee where enemy troops will appear, but I'm sure they will.

FINAL NOTE:
Yes I changed my mind and decided to roll the dice on Rheims, since if we don't it most lilkely will pop rush to 1 and that will be an extrra unit for us to fight and it want matter because at 1 it will autoraze since no cultural expansion yet. My estametes say with the 5th archer we will probably win, butif we lose we will ahve to make peace after marselles, of course after marselles we were probably going to have to make peace anyway I suspect or autoraze Rheims, anyway archers are nearing the end of usefulness now

Aggie

Last edited by Aggie; August 28, 2002 at 22:20.
Old August 25, 2002, 14:24   #3
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 08:52
EDIT: Sorry, I pressed post without finishing my message and I didn't notice.
Read the complete message below.
- Phantom of the Opera

Last edited by Shiber; August 25, 2002 at 15:07.
Old August 25, 2002, 14:37   #4
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

hi ,

Aggie , those chariots could mean GA , should we have ours now , .....

Shiber , why not use the archer or and swordsman to attack if they come true to marsailles , ...

or should we focus on marseilles , .....

the less places the have , the less units can come our way , ...

have a nice day
Old August 25, 2002, 14:45   #5
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Panag I wou;d like the cahriots ungraded to horsemen.
Sheiber, a elite spearman + an archer in orleans should be enough. I suspect there are few offensive units s and e of there. With out army pushing toward marselles they will most likely concentrate there.
Old August 25, 2002, 14:54   #6
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Aggie
Panag I wou;d like the cahriots ungraded to horsemen.
Sheiber, a elite spearman + an archer in orleans should be enough. I suspect there are few offensive units s and e of there. With out army pushing toward marselles they will most likely concentrate there.
hi ,

; okay

indeed that would be usefull , and we would have something that could move faster for ones

as for the rest ; we should go after marseilles

the best defense is offense

have a nice day
Old August 25, 2002, 15:04   #7
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

I suggest that you leave an additional garrison unit in Orleans. Troops from Marseilles are likely to try to take Orleans back.
I suggest that we leave one additional archer there while a swordsman makes its way towards Orleans. Once the swordsman is there is can replace both the additional archer and the wounded archer (which will be healed by then).
If we don't do this then there's a significant chance that Orleans will be retaken.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old August 25, 2002, 15:14   #8
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Shiber
I suggest that you leave an additional garrison unit in Orleans. Troops from Marseilles are likely to try to take Orleans back.
I suggest that we leave one additional archer there while a swordsman makes its way towards Orleans. Once the swordsman is there is can replace both the additional archer and the wounded archer (which will be healed by then).
If we don't do this then there's a significant chance that Orleans will be retaken.
hi ,

so we have an archer and a swordsman to play with , ....we could start to let them "work" a bit , .....

Shiber , what do you feel about going for marseille

have a nice day
Old August 25, 2002, 15:16   #9
Shiber
Emperor

The spearman is elite, true, but it will take 2 turns of resting in Orleans for it to reach full health. In the mean time France will have one shot at Orleans.
Anyway, we can take Chartes with just 3 veteran archers. They'll meet no more than two regular spearmen, and though they'll have 2.7 defense (25% from fortifying, 10% from terrain) our archers have better chances because they are veterans (3 veteran archers vs. 2 regular spearmen = 12 hit points vs. 6 hit points).
- Phantom of the Opera
Old August 25, 2002, 15:20   #10
Shiber
Emperor

To answer Panag: IMHO we should send 4 swordsmen to Marseilles and 1 to Orleans to counter attacks from Rheims (I expect we'll be seeing French swordsmen soon).
- Phantom of the Opera
Old August 25, 2002, 15:23   #11
Shiber
Emperor

I've changed my mind: send 4 swordsmen to Marseilles and keep 1 swordsman in the tile N of Paris to watch in case French swordsmen swarm in. The remaining two swordsmen will garrison Paris and serve as military police, of course.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old August 25, 2002, 15:24   #12
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
To answer Panag: IMHO we should send 4 swordsmen to Marseilles and 1 to Orleans to counter attacks from Rheims (I expect we'll be seeing French swordsmen soon).
hi ,

, anything we can do with those two we have now , .......except for killing a couple of French units , ....

we should go after marseille , ....

have a nice day
Old August 25, 2002, 15:26   #13
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
I've changed my mind: send 4 swordsmen to Marseilles and keep 1 swordsman in the tile N of Paris to watch in case French swordsmen swarm in. The remaining two swordsmen will garrison Paris and serve as military police, of course.
hi ,

we also have two archers , a group of three swordsman and two archers could do the trick , ...

have a nice day
Old August 25, 2002, 15:38   #14
Shiber
Emperor

Marseilles has a luxury so it must be heavily guarded.
Hey, I just thought of something really cool: once the war is over and we've secured France's two wine tiles, we can sell their own wines to them for gpt!!
- Phantom of the Opera
Old August 25, 2002, 15:52   #15
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Marseilles has a luxury so it must be heavily guarded.
Hey, I just thought of something really cool: once the war is over and we've secured France's two wine tiles, we can sell their own wines to them for gpt!!
hi ,

, well they shall not have money to buy from us , ...

it does not mean that it has a luxury that it is heavily guarded , ....Paris was easy , ....

but we have to make this war a fast one , otherwise they build more units , .....

have a nice day
Old August 25, 2002, 16:07   #16
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

I don't what you're worried about, nobodys going to swarm Paris they either march across the Mountains or have to cross that river just north or it. Either way we'll geta couple of turns to react.

Once we take Marselles and Rheims its over.
Old August 25, 2002, 19:03   #17
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 06:52
Aggie: What do you think about taking additional spearmen from mingapulco to aid in the defence of the frontlines?
Old August 25, 2002, 19:07   #18
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 03:52
Please, people, see my post in the thread Current Situation , I'm really worried about this.
Old August 25, 2002, 19:09   #19
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Orders from the Minister of Science:

Continue researching Feudalism.

If Feudalism is obtained: switch to Monotheism.

If Monotheism is then obtained: switch to Chivalry.

All trading of technology and maps is approved.

If a peace deal is signed, try to get Monotheism.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old August 25, 2002, 19:37   #20
WhiteBandit
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 22:52
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Public Works Plans
Alright, this is going to be crazy I tell you! Crazy!

First I want to note something right off the bat: IF ANY WORKERS ARE THREATENED, MOVE THEM IMMEDIATELY! We already see this near Ubergorsk, I'll address these issues.

Plans:

Ubergorsk (threatened) - Worker stack is currently NW, NW of Ubergorsk clearing jungle. However they are threatened to the east by a Persian military stack. Our worker stack requires immediate attention! Please move them E of Loveshack. If they are not being pursued or threatened by Persian forces (or German forces near Munich) then clear a jungle at this spot. However, if there are military units, please move this stack into Loveshack. Once the threats have properly been disposed of, I suggest clearing jungle E of Loveshack. If that isn't possible, W of Loveshack will suffice. I leave ultimate discression in this area up to the President.

Geofront - Stack currently mining N of Geofront. After completion, build a road N, NW to Napoleton. Watch for Persian or German forces.

Gaia - Free worker, please move NE before you end the turn. Build road NE toward Seeburg. If road to Seeburg is finally completed, clear jungle NE of Gaia.

Seeburg - Worker S, SW building road. Continue building road SW toward Gaia. Note: Seeburg will complete worker in 1 turn. Move worker S, SW and stack with other worker, build road toward Gaia

Paris - There are currently workers in Paris, however due to the volatile nature of the area at the moment, I will leave decisions up to the President. Since roads connect Paris, it would be fairly easy for a sneak attack to capture workers around the area. Perhaps we should have these workers skip the next few turns? Ultimate discression is up to our President.

Del Monte (threatened) - Persian unit to the SW, not an immediate threat to our worker E of Del Monte building a road. After road completed build road W, W, NW to connect Thebes (granted this is 1 extra square, but it will connect us to gold.) Only move toward Thebes is Persian archer is taken care of first.

Timeline - Workers NE clearing jungle. After jungle move SE and continue to clear jungle around timeline.

Termina - Worker stack N, NW building road to Chartres. After completion, move back one tile to NW of Termina and clear jungle. After this, move E and clear jungle. Once war with France is over and providing Chartres is in our hands, continue building road NW toward Chartres.

(04/29/2004) [Trip] we will see who is best in the next round ; [Trip] that is why I left this team ; [Trip] I don't need the rest of you to win |
The solution to 1984 is 1776! | Here's to hoping that GoW's military isn't being run by MasterZen: Hehe! | DaveRocks! or something. ;)

Last edited by WhiteBandit; August 27, 2002 at 15:26.
Old August 25, 2002, 21:30   #21
Aggie
King

OPD, If we can spare them I would send them. Only thing is I think if we send more than I have ordered in my orders we will have happiness problems. Mingapulco is not threatened an the only job for troops there is police. So if can spare them they will go to the front.
Arro: current orders do cover those workers, I believe the spearman in love shack will be on top of them at the end of this turn.
Aggie
Old August 26, 2002, 06:56   #22
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

You could petition the MoE to play with some sliders to help happiness...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 26, 2002, 07:14   #23
Shiber
Emperor

Might I suggest that we send the worker NW NW of Ubergorsk to Loveshack and add him to the town's population and then rush a swordsman.
We can always build new workers after the war is over.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old August 26, 2002, 07:56   #24
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
You could petition the MoE to play with some sliders to help happiness...
hi ,

, in the first term there was someone who made a list so we could look at all the settings , ...

Ninot

who made that list , the same should be made again to compare

have a nice day
Old August 26, 2002, 07:59   #25
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

The MoE, I believe is in charge of the sliders. They should post the possible benefits, or lack thereof, of moving such. I believe Spiffor is currently subbing in for Donal on that...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 26, 2002, 08:25   #26
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Might I suggest that we send the worker NW NW of Ubergorsk to Loveshack and add him to the town's population and then rush a swordsman.
We can always build new workers after the war is over.
I don't think it has a barracks. Why can't swordsmen chop down jungle? They got swords.........
Old August 26, 2002, 08:58   #27
Shiber
Emperor

We don't need a barracks to rush a swordsman. This strategy will work whether Loveshack has barracks or not (it doesn't btw). Of course Loveshack will produce a regular swordsman instead of a veteran, but beggers can't be choosers.
- Phantom of the Opera

Last edited by Shiber; August 26, 2002 at 09:05.
Old August 26, 2002, 09:29   #28
Treestumpx
Settler

Local Time: 02:52
Off Topic:

Just in case you are wondering, Mr Farb, but using our Swordsmen swords to chop trees and jungle would ruin the blade and make the sword nearly useless (ie: sharpening the swords after would not fix them). I whould hate to see our attack rolles drop to 1 or 0
Old August 26, 2002, 10:45   #29
Aggie
King

Good point unorthodox. If increases luxures could free up more troops for the n/ne cites, I'm all for it. That's one thing I rarely do in my own games, so I had not thought about it.
Aggie
Old August 26, 2002, 15:04   #30
WhiteBandit
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 22:52
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Using workers to help pop rush
Well I personally don't think we need to use workers to pop rush, however I think that decision is ultimately out of my jurisdiction. If the President feels we should do that, then by all means do it!

I feel that we don't need to do this though. However, Loveshack does seem to be at risk. I don't think we'd be able to pop-rush another military unit until the next turn anyways, so if our spearman in Loveshack loses, we'd really be screwed. (I'm not 100% positive of this, I need to go look at the map again)

(04/29/2004) [Trip] we will see who is best in the next round ; [Trip] that is why I left this team ; [Trip] I don't need the rest of you to win |
The solution to 1984 is 1776! | Here's to hoping that GoW's military isn't being run by MasterZen: Hehe! | DaveRocks! or something. ;)