Old August 27, 2002, 17:13   #61
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 08:52
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Yes it does. Thank you.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old August 27, 2002, 17:45   #62
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 01:52
Ghengis, I said I would take the archer thread into consideration and i did. Thanks for the idea.. Though the final idea is alittle different form the proposed I believe. I would still like to seize another city but after considering it, if we take any loses elsewhere(from counterattack, and I can almost hear the swords being rushed already), the southern attack could divert resourse needed elsewhere and with a few loses could doom the offensive. In short we could do it, but with no margin of error I'll take what we can get. (OT- MacArthur was a truly great general, however Nimitiz truly was the one who won the pacific theater and Mac Arthur wasted many lives in a phillipine campaign that was unnecessary, IMHO. Though a good arguement can be made that the campaign was important for psychological reasons. Now ifwe had liberated indochina many bad things could have been avoided). I see the western campaign like we could have seen korea campaign. Quicky victory and stop without bringing in a much larger enemy force. I am afraid a hamburg attack could push into the teeth of a large swordsmen force that would be heading south. At least with taking munich we will get the option of peace. We don't have to take it and can press north. I agree with you that if we take hamburg, I would probably have to be now, though we will play it by ear. Personally I say after munich we go east and secure the persian theater. Teach those non banana believing persians to mess with us. Though I hope the next turn is a chat since its hard to see all possibilities.
Aggie

Last edited by Aggie; August 27, 2002 at 18:02.
Old August 27, 2002, 17:49   #63
WhiteBandit
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 22:52
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Aye I was in fact talking about the workers near Seeburg

Regarding Loveshack: Personally, I'm not too worried about our workers near Loveshack/Ubergorsk. If they move before this current turn is completed, they should be safe, and if the enemy tries to follow them, they just weather the storm in Loveshack.

(04/29/2004) [Trip] we will see who is best in the next round ; [Trip] that is why I left this team ; [Trip] I don't need the rest of you to win |
The solution to 1984 is 1776! | Here's to hoping that GoW's military isn't being run by MasterZen: Hehe! | DaveRocks! or something. ;)
Old August 27, 2002, 18:08   #64
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 18:52
GlOOOOOrious!

Thanks to everyone - Genghis, Aggie, Shiber, UnOrthO and WhiteBandit. You are quite correct - I was wrong about having to move the workers near UberGorsk as I described: I forgot that Persia can no longer use our roads.

I'm glad my points about the other workers were taken: all I meant is that the workers (and ones about to be built) should be stacked, so we might actually get some work done before having to retire to the confines of a safer city, and that the workers at Termina building the road to Chartres should not move any closer to that French city.

Thanks for setting me straight, guys, I just wanted to throw in a POV that was different to your own, in the hope that it would provide useful feedback.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old August 27, 2002, 18:30   #65
Will 5001
Civilization III Democracy Game
Warlord

Local Time: 06:52
My Orders, Settler can wait in Apolyton for the return of the galleys, protection would be nice (Regular spearman would do!), then we could do the plan where we transfer the settler accross with no risk to the settler (and spearman?! maybe?!). DO NOT send this settler to the site near Napoleton, this is no longer possible.
Old August 27, 2002, 19:19   #66
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 00:52
Aggie- You're the first person I've ever encountered who thought MacArthur's Island Hopping was a waste of lives.
Old August 27, 2002, 19:44   #67
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

I'm going to let aggies orders stand for wedneswdays turnchat.

I'll reassume the position of SMC after the next turnchat.
Old August 27, 2002, 20:37   #68
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Ok, Uber,I might alter them slightly before the chat. Right now if the luxuries get raised I will be sending 1 or 2 more spears to the front. OT-Ghengis you misunderstand me, McArthurs island hopping campaign was great and very well executed. It was the detour through the phillipines that I was mentioning, not the overall campaign. Many opposed this, however McArthur felt we had an obligation to free the Phillipines(still a part of the US then). Militarily we really didn't need to fight all through the Phillipines, the forces there were stuck and could neither get resupplied or be evacuated and were doomed anyway. McArthur felt we had an obligation to retake american soil(as we did in the aleutians too).That was my point, not the island hopping part. Just wanted to clear that misunderstanding up. Sorry to go off topic, I just didn't want to be misunderstood on sunch an important idea.
Aggie
Old August 27, 2002, 20:47   #69
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 00:52
Quote:
Originally posted by Aggie
Ok, Uber,I might alter them slightly before the chat. Right now if the luxuries get raised I will be sending 1 or 2 more spears to the front. OT-Ghengis you misunderstand me, McArthurs island hopping campaign was great and very well executed. It was the detour through the phillipines that I was mentioning, not the overall campaign. Many opposed this, however McArthur felt we had an obligation to free the Phillipines(still a part of the US then). Militarily we really didn't need to fight all through the Phillipines, the forces there were stuck and could neither get resupplied or be evacuated and were doomed anyway. McArthur felt we had an obligation to retake american soil(as we did in the aleutians too).That was my point, not the island hopping part. Just wanted to clear that misunderstanding up. Sorry to go off topic, I just didn't want to be misunderstood on sunch an important idea.
Aggie
I'm not discussing his overall biography, just the strategy of "hopping" Munich as it's of no military threat to us and will assimilate peacefully through culture flip when we can use our troops to take Hamburg.
Old August 27, 2002, 20:56   #70
Aggie
King

One big reason for taking munich is that, that will give us the peace card, otherwise he might not want to talk and if worse came to worse we could lose a few cities. If we take munich we can open negotiations if things get hairy and make peace. I'm off now to finalize plans be back later.
Aggie
Old August 27, 2002, 21:16   #71
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 02:52
CITY PLANNING - 290 BC

Mingapulco - This region may change if my analysis tomarow changes. I will keep you informed.

Termina - No change. Pop rush only if necessary. Start on horseman next.
Apolyton - Horseman
Tassagrad - Change from spear to harbor (per request). If in desperate streights, switch to horseman
BHQ - Spearman x2. then horsie.
Orleans (Port Rouge) - barricks. Pop rush ASAP. After, do warrior x2 for cheap swords (not yet connected to iron). Keep the people happy, so do not work any more tiles than possible (for now that means none). Do not be alarmed if people starve if it is the only way to keep them working.

Pina Colada

Chiquita - As is (temple). Pop rush if necessary.
Del Monte - Switch to barracks. If threatened, use judgement to switch.
Gaia - Switch to barracks.
Timeline - Work grass tile w/ shield. After growth, second tile to be worked is forrest tile currently being worked. Do not pop rush barracks. After barracks, sword; horsie or spear per SMC

El Nino

Seeberg - After worker, barracks
Napoleton - No change. Switch to spear, city walls, etc if necessary. Pop rush only if necessary.
Geofront - No change. Pop rush only if necessary. Switch as necessary.
Ubergorsk - No change. Switch as necessary
Loveshak - No change. Do not pop rush. If jungle gets cleared, work it.
Munich(?) - Presidential choice. Recomend temple at this time.

Ile de Rose

Paris - Temple. Pop rush ASAP (20 shield remaining). Only work center tile and turn 2 tiles into tax men. After temple, build barricks or spears, as most appropriate. Be aware that some people will starve in this city.
Marsailes (?) - as per paris

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old August 28, 2002, 00:24   #72
Aggie
King

I've made significant changes to the Archer stacck orders, they are going after Rheims. Please review or comment. Yes I know its risky but I think we have an advantage if we put all into that effort. Also altered slightly troop deployemnts. As it stands now:
3 spears to NE,(Geofront will be the center of the defensive line there).
1 spear and 1 sword to N (Delmonte,seeburg,gaia)

A few comments on city orders.
Orleans: Should stay temple, the fighting will be over in 4 turns at most in that area.
Seeburg: Could worker be changed to spearman if at all possible.
BHQ: with that spear at seeburg, bhq could produce horse and we could have it and polys done almost together.
I now these aren't my calls and I accept that, just a suggestion.
Aggie
Old August 28, 2002, 08:06   #73
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Sorry for being that late. I have been very busy lately.

Change the sliders to lux +10%. I'm unsure it will be absolutely needed, but it will give us flexibility to poprush / send off units from Apolyton and BHQ.
If needed, raise lux at 20% (estimated cost : 5 Lpt).

If possible during the turnthread, sell dyes to the Greeks, for lump sum if possible (Lytons per turn can do fine too). It should be impossible to buy luxuries from anyone.
Old August 28, 2002, 08:51   #74
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

I take it that garrisons will be moved to the front from Apolyton and other Mingapulco towns in the next turn, now that it's decided to raise the entertainment slider.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old August 28, 2002, 09:26   #75
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 02:52
Eak...

I didn't take into account of adding 10% - 20% lux on the sliders.

Per aggie's request, lets change the worker in seeberg to a spear. Once complete, switch to barracks.
BHQ only produce 1 spear. then switch to horse

Keep orleans as barricks. If peace with france is reached prior to completion, switch to temple.

If I remember correct, seeberg is not yet connected to iron, so switching to a warrior is possible (only 3 hp) and it will have to travel far to be upgraded to sword, but it would be a unit next turn. Please advise on what you would prefer.

Some things may radically change in the former french cities with lux added. I have no access to my home computer until tomarrow night, thus I am not able to look and see (if it would even let me....I'm not sure if it can without hitting the turn button). Senior El Presidente, please use your judgement in regards to where people are working tiles in these cities. If not sure, just click on the city itself in the city screen and it will automatically adjust the # of workers to keep the people content/happy. Then switch the Elvi into tax men.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old August 28, 2002, 09:53   #76
Aggie
King

Godking, i'd wait to change to warrior at seeberg, since it is not under immediate threat. A spear is headed up there into that region so we could have 2 spear garrison by the time an attack occurs. I doubt an attack in imminent.
Aggie