Old August 25, 2002, 10:25   #1
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 00:52
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Help on Gazette II.
I could use another hand on the Gazette as Donal is gone, and I am scheduled to do some turns on Wed. If MrWIA is back by then, I can publish it, if not, I can't.

With the large protion of submissions last time, I felt it would be good to ask again.

Stories needed for Wed:

Iriquois make Colossus
We declarewar on France
The sacking of Paris and Orleans
Persia and Germany declaring war on us, joinng France.
a $ minigame update.

And it is only Sunday...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 25, 2002, 11:17   #2
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 01:52
I can probably do another foreign affairs update, but if anyone else wants to do it, awsome -- I don't have a ton of time in the week, and I've got a hunch that the stuff that just happened will be occupying most of my time for right now, when I've got a few minutes.

-- adaMada
Old August 25, 2002, 11:37   #3
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 08:52
Once again I am willing to be the editor. I can also write an article, maybe even two if I don't get writer's block.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old August 26, 2002, 08:10   #4
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

OK, Shiber. Our newest editor has another edition.

I will write on whatever you guys don't want, or can't think of.

Added to the list of required articles:

Constitutional Convention nominations

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 26, 2002, 09:11   #5
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 08:52
Alright, since I'm the editor again I'll need all writers to send their articles and letters to the editor to me via PM.
I'm afraid I won't be able to write any articles of my own this time. Sorry.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old August 26, 2002, 09:57   #6
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 02:52
When do you need them. I have a one page from last week that I need to edit severly. I was planning on a second article (another page) that can easily be delayed, particularly as work went haywire over this weekend and I am trying not to pull my hair out.......

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old August 26, 2002, 10:07   #7
Reddawg
Prince

I won't be doing any stats until the French war is concluded. And by that I mean until we're at peace with France, not necessarily Germany and Persia.

but those are going to be very interesting stats, there is going to be an entire shift in the population, a new region (#4) etc etc... i wonder if we'll still have Napolitan at that point.
Old August 26, 2002, 10:09   #8
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

GodKing, Deadline for submissions should be Teusday evening.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 26, 2002, 10:14   #9
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Thanks UnOrthOdOx.

--Con
Old August 26, 2002, 17:10   #10
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

OK,

Scratch the Colossus and the Constitutional Convention. I will cover those.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 26, 2002, 17:17   #11
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

If no one's spoken up and said "I can do it" by the next time I've got a few free minutes, I'll try to do at least a very brief piece on the wars, but if anyone else can or wants to it'd be apprciated, as making time will probably be possible but difficult.

-- adaMada
Old August 26, 2002, 17:20   #12
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

I am checking each time I get a minute. I figured the wars would be fairly easy, so I would leave them till last, or for someone else while I try to get some of the more unusual things that someone may have trouble with. With several months of writing these stories every week, I am getting a system down and can write on most anything.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 26, 2002, 23:10   #13
adaMada
King

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
I am checking each time I get a minute. I figured the wars would be fairly easy, so I would leave them till last, or for someone else while I try to get some of the more unusual things that someone may have trouble with. With several months of writing these stories every week, I am getting a system down and can write on most anything.
Ok, I'll do the wars. I can't promise it'll be any good -- it'll depend on how much time I've got tomorrow -- but I'll get something in. Seems like you've got enough work already, and probably don't need something else .

-- adaMada
Old August 26, 2002, 23:17   #14
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

I'd love to help, but I work for my school's newspaper and I don't want to burn out on that type of writing.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old August 27, 2002, 20:44   #15
adaMada
King

Ok, I've got a very short article on the wars ready for sending... it covers the basics, though doesn't go into too deep detail.

One question for whoever, though... so far, I've linked to the turnthread itself, and I've linked to Togas's press release on not signing a treaty with other nations, but that's all I've got so far. I don't want to overwhelm people with links to all the discussions, but are there any others that anyone would like to see in above the un-included threads?
Old August 27, 2002, 21:13   #16
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

If there have been any updates to the FAM thread itself, that would be a good link.

A good way to fill out an article if you are looking to expand it would be to "quote" sections of that statement, or others around the forum. A trick I have used more than once.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 27, 2002, 21:30   #17
adaMada
King

'k... will def. link to the FAM thread (gotta push my department whenever I can ) where it is appropriate; i won't link to any actual discussions, however, since there are lots, and the article doesn't need to be that long.

Might take your advice on quotes, either taking real stuff from the forums or maknig up stuff for role-play also...

Thanks!

-- adaMada
Old August 27, 2002, 21:44   #18
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

That should leave the sacking of Paris and Orleans and a market update. OK, I can get those in short order.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 27, 2002, 21:50   #19
GodKing
Emperor

UnOrthOdOx,
Were you still looking for interviews with ministers and such? PM me for the next issue if you like. I decided to wait with the second article as this is looking to be a long paper as it is. It is in rough mode (at work) and I will get it to you in time for the weekend edition. It is fiction/roll playing, I just rambled on and came up with 7 1/2 pages.... oops.

--Con
Old August 27, 2002, 21:58   #20
adaMada
King

Ohh, I put in a small thing in mine about Paris being taken. Only like one line, but I assumed it went hand in hand with the wars.

I can take it our or leave it in, just tell me what's best for you.