Old August 25, 2002, 17:33   #31
Robber Baron
Prince

Local Time: 01:52
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Shiber
I'd prefer if one of the warriors made his way to the German front through Munich (i.e. conquered Munich and enslaved the worker there and then went to the German front). The more damage we cause to Germany, the more prune it will be towards signing a peace treaty.
I agree. Munich is vulnerable, and Germany will come to the table much more rapidly if we punish her. Upgrade the vet warrior in Banana HQ to sword, pop-rush another sword (which would be veteran -- much better than upgrading the regular warrior there) (cost: 1 pop; 40 gp), and send them against Munich.

Napoleton we should consider writing-off. It's virtually undefendable, given the current disposition of our military.

Seeburg, on the other hand, I'd fight to keep. We should pop-rush walls there.

Bring it, Bis!
Old August 25, 2002, 17:35   #32
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 08:52
Quote:
Originally posted by OPD
Also, although its risky, perhaps we could move all spearmen from our core cities to the frontline.

We have enough millitary stength and production to take care of ourselves it's more a matter of time than anything else.
hi ,

we could do that , but , only if in a couple of turns those cities produce a unit , ....

the French have ships , imagine they or someone else use a ship behind the lines , ...what about MP , .....

have a nice day
Old August 25, 2002, 17:41   #33
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 00:52
Quote:
Originally posted by Robber Baron
I agree. Munich is vulnerable, and Germany will come to the table much more rapidly if we punish her. Upgrade the vet warrior in Banana HQ to sword, pop-rush another sword (which would be veteran -- much better than upgrading the regular warrior there) (cost: 1 pop; 40 gp), and send them against Munich.

Napoleton we should consider writing-off. It's virtually undefendable, given the current disposition of our military.

Seeburg, on the other hand, I'd fight to keep. We should pop-rush walls there.

Bring it, Bis!
Munich is vulnerable and its undefendable for the Germans. There is no chance of getting more production out of the jungle. Which is exactly why we should ignore it.

It's ours when we want it but we currently have an opportunity to take Hamburg and gain a backup iron resouce if we quickly concentrate our forces on it.

It further secures Seeburg and actually makes Napoleton more defensible by creating a Defense Triumverate of Seeburg, Napoleton, and Hamburg with potential high production and the ability to pull in reinfocements from the other two cities should one of them be threatened.

With that as an anchor and Ubergorsk at the other end we form a high production front line that, once equipped with barracks makes our Eastern/Southern border potentially invulnerable as the line will be able to produce units by converting to pure hill and mountain production when the need arises.

We literally make that mountain range our "Great Wall" an obstruction that even Panzers will have to slow down for.
Old August 25, 2002, 17:51   #34
Panag
Emperor

hi ,

we shoud remember that because of our level the AI started with some extra units , and can build them a bit faster , .....

indeed GhengisFarb we can use the pountains as a great wall , not only shall it help in the defense , we see enemy units coming from far , ....

a bit later after those mountains are mined and have roads we should build forts there , ....even for future use they shall remain usefull

we can furthermore use the terrain near the site of the new yet to be born city , .....

have a nice night
Old August 25, 2002, 18:02   #35
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

I think we can safely move spearmen from our core cities as long as they're not required as military police.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old August 25, 2002, 18:08   #36
DAVOUT
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 07:52
[QUOTE] Originally posted by GhengisFarb

Munich is vulnerable and its undefendable for the Germans. There is no chance of getting more production out of the jungle. Which is exactly why we should ignore it.

[QUOTE]

Except the dyes. Their loss could hurt the Germans. We could sell them dyes in the peace treaty.
Old August 25, 2002, 18:11   #37
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
I think we can safely move spearmen from our core cities as long as they're not required as military police.
hi ,

, we could even remove all the units if in such a city it would take only a couple turns to build a unit , ....

have a nice day
Old August 25, 2002, 18:18   #38
wervdon
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Forget munich until its time to sue for peace. Then demad it for peace, if they refuse (and they may cause of the dyes), take it then make peace We could wait for the culture flip, but Joan handed us an opportunity to speed things up, so after all our other concerns are out the way why not?
Old August 25, 2002, 18:24   #39
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

[QUOTE] Originally posted by DAVOUT
[QUOTE] Originally posted by GhengisFarb

Quote:

Except the dyes. Their loss could hurt the Germans. We could sell them dyes in the peace treaty.
They don't have dyes. They don't get those dyes unless WE connect Munich to Germany with roads.

We can fight another war later, but right now we have the opportunity to sack Sidon and gain Hamburg without much of a fight. We immediately sign a peace treaty and use it to move more forces to Hamburg and the Persian border, then we can declare war and rest easy knowing we have an advantage.
Old August 25, 2002, 18:26   #40
DAVOUT
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

wervdon,

I would agree with you if we demonstrate that the German production will NOT be significantly perturbated by the loss of two (?) dyes.
Old August 25, 2002, 18:29   #41
DAVOUT
King

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb

They don't have dyes. They don't get those dyes unless WE connect Munich to Germany with roads.
That settles the case : go for Hamburg.
Old August 25, 2002, 18:30   #42
DAVOUT
King

Double post.
Old August 25, 2002, 18:44   #43
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 06:52
In the next 10 turns we could probably build about 8 chariots and upgrade them to horses. Which would provide a good force to do some serious damage to the Perisans/Germans.

But we should be more concerned about an attack on us before that.

Although I think moving defensive units to our front line cities is a must they may not get there in time.
Old August 25, 2002, 18:59   #44
caesarqbear
Chieftain

Does everyone know that Persia is currently in Anarchy?
Old August 25, 2002, 18:59   #45
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 03:52
I’m worried about this. The Persian stack near Ubergorsk could capture our three workers in one turn. We need to do something about…
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	persiansituation2.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	162.6 KB
ID:	22956  
Old August 25, 2002, 19:05   #46
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Epistax
Geofront and Napoleton are sitting ducks.

That is all I have right now. I am currently rethinking tech plans based on new data.

I suggest we try to get Monotheism from Germany in a peace deal if at all possible. This needs to be done in the next 15 turns (when I think we get Feudalism).
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old August 25, 2002, 19:09   #47
Epistax
Civilization III Democracy Game
Prince

Those dudes haven't done their turn-- I believe they can go into loveshack right now.
Old August 25, 2002, 19:12   #48
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Can we move the workers into the loveshack this turn.

We can have a decent horse army quickly and retake any lost cities. I don't know about Napoleon but Geofront can culture expand in 6 turns.
Old August 25, 2002, 19:53   #49
OPD
King

Might aswell put it here aswellProduction summary
Old August 25, 2002, 20:20   #50
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by OPD
In the next 10 turns we could probably build about 8 chariots and upgrade them to horses. Which would provide a good force to do some serious damage to the Perisans/Germans.

But we should be more concerned about an attack on us before that.

Although I think moving defensive units to our front line cities is a must they may not get there in time.
There's not going to be attack for some time. They did not plan on this war and they have to gather troops and move them to the border just like us. They have to cross mountains to get us. They're not going to be here anytime soon. The most likely loss for us is Napoleton and maybe quite a bit later Seeburg. Move the workers behind Loveshack and clear some jungle there while we wait for the tension to ease down. The Persian units are guarding Settlers and won't attack (it would expose the settler) unless its a guaranteed win (like unprotected workers).

We can send Movement two troops and attack Sidon befor ethe Persians can get troops to the border as we have roads and they don't. That ends the war with the Persians.

We send all of available foot troops, the more swordsmen the better, over the mountains to Hamburg and its over. We probably won't be at war with anybody at that point.

Fast troops to Persia. Foot troops to Hamburg.
Old August 25, 2002, 20:43   #51
Robber Baron
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Aro
I’m worried about this. The Persian stack near Ubergorsk could capture our three workers in one turn. We need to do something about…
We shouldn't send them to Loveshack. We should send them due south this turn, and then put them in Ubergorsk next turn. The Persians won't be able to get at them, and if we station them in Ubergorsk, then we can always use them to build instant population in Ubergorsk, which we might want to do if we need to pop-rush defense there (either barracks, or spear). (I'm not advocating immediate pop-rush. Just if Ubergorsk's defense gets whittled down. For now, it's well-defended: 2 spear, fortified behind walls.)
Old August 25, 2002, 21:17   #52
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Robber Baron

We shouldn't send them to Loveshack. We should send them due south this turn, and then put them in Ubergorsk next turn. The Persians won't be able to get at them, and if we station them in Ubergorsk, then we can always use them to build instant population in Ubergorsk, which we might want to do if we need to pop-rush defense there (either barracks, or spear). (I'm not advocating immediate pop-rush. Just if Ubergorsk's defense gets whittled down. For now, it's well-defended: 2 spear, fortified behind walls.)
What's it going to get whittled down by, mutant bananas? Persia's going to have to send troops from it's cities which are 10-18 jungle tiles away, no roads. Tyre and Sidon are like the Morman colonies in Utah, completely isolated and unsupported from the main civilization.

Don't get me wrong I think the workers should improve Ubergorsk, I just think a quick skip to Loveshack, clear off a jungle or build a mine on BHQ's mountain for better unit production while we wait for the guarded settler stacks to dissipate would be safer.
Old August 25, 2002, 22:13   #53
GePap
Emperor

Everyone forgot the one Persian archer outside of Del Monte, faced by our one spearman (of course, the spearman is veteran and accross a river from the regular archger, but what the hey)
"Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw
Old August 26, 2002, 07:12   #54
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

I suspect that instead of attacking, they'll resort to destroying our land improvements. The AI will not attack Del Monte with this archer because it knows the odds are greatly against him (regular vs. veteran, river and attacking vs. fortified). Even if he moves to the other side of the river the odds will still be greatly against him.
No, the AI is going to try to destroy our improvements, which is why we need to dispatch one of the upgraded warriors to Del Monte ASAP. Also, once the improved warrior / swordsman deals with that archer he can pursue the nearby settler stack and increase the number of slaves we own by one.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old August 26, 2002, 08:40   #55
Hot_Enamel
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 17:52
My 2 cents...

Send some of our spearmen from our central safer cities to the german/persian front
Lets upgrade our warriors, and send them as well.

Finish the job with the French, then send any spare units to the eastern front.

Cause as much havoc as possible and take over as many slaves as possible.

It seems that the only city that may be in jeopardy is Napolitan. If a German army does appear on the horizon, has anyone used the tactic of..
Colapsing our defenders deeper into our territory.
Gifting napoliton to the Americans..this will buy us more time to manouver troops into position.
Then once we have the available forces, counterattack the germans.

As we plan on wiping out the Americans very soon anyway, gifting napoliton keeps it temporarily safe from the germans, which, depending on their strength, we may have difficulty claiming it back from.

I suggest this as a possible worse case scenario option only...obviously, we should try to defend our cities as much as possible.
Old August 26, 2002, 08:55   #56
Shiber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Hot_Enamel
Gifting napoliton to the Americans..this will buy us more time to manouver troops into position.
A remarkable idea! However there's a chance that Germany will declare war on America and take those towns, and then we'll have to take them back from Germany.
I suggest that giving Napoleton and possibly Seeberg to America will be used as a last resort, if we see that either is about to fall.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old August 26, 2002, 09:52   #57
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 02:52
What a turn of events. Go away for a couple of days and WOW!!!

When I get home tonight this will prove to be an interesting download.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old August 26, 2002, 11:10   #58
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:

A remarkable idea! However there's a chance that Germany will declare war on America and take those towns, and then we'll have to take them back from Germany.
I suggest that giving Napoleton and possibly Seeberg to America will be used as a last resort, if we see that either is about to fall.
I agree and I DON'T want Germany at war with America. That would put the nail on the coffin of any hopes we have for Incense Valley because Germany in the best postion to gobble up America.
Old August 26, 2002, 12:04   #59
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 03:52
Quote:
I suspect that instead of attacking, they'll resort to destroying our land improvements. The AI will not attack Del Monte with this archer because it knows the odds are greatly against him (regular vs. veteran, river and attacking vs. fortified). Even if he moves to the other side of the river the odds will still be greatly against him.
No, the AI is going to try to destroy our improvements, which is why we need to dispatch one of the upgraded warriors to Del Monte ASAP. Also, once the improved warrior / swordsman deals with that archer he can pursue the nearby settler stack and increase the number of slaves we own by one.
I agree, but I don't see how we can avoid that. About the two settlers stacks, we need to start a "settler’s chase" right now, but we don't have any offensive units close to them. This will be annoying… In fact, our defenses in that area and our possibilities of counter-attack are weak. RoP sucks.
By other hand, the AI will have a big reputation damage, I hope ( Is it true, in this level?).
Old August 26, 2002, 12:20   #60
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Aro
RoP sucks.
Yes. Yes it does.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby