Old August 25, 2002, 15:18   #1
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 08:53
Local Date: November 1, 2010
NewZupdate : Sunday 25 Aug 02
Here is the NewZupdate I intend to send to Markos in some hours. If I forgot something, or if a link would make it better, please don't hesitate to tell me. This is only the first draft.

"- Apolytonia is at war !
After an epic struggle, our armies finally conquered Paris and Orleans. But the rich French bribed Germany and Persia to betray us. We are now waging a 3-front war.
The Greeks are also at war with the Aztecs and the English, which means the whole northern part of the continent is at war.
We don't know how the situation will turn out yet, but these matters are much discussed in our forum

- A wonderful world
Foreign Civs have shown greatness by building Wonders of the World. The Pyramids, the Great Lighthouse, the Colossus, the Great Library, the Oracle and the Great wall are now built. Apolytonia has no Wonder to be proud of for now.

- A brand new economic system
Several members of the Democracy game are testing an optional minigame, where they strive to get more Lytons (our currency) by selling products from their domains.

- A new way to play
Before, members of the Democracy Game played with "turnchats", i.e chats where officials gave their orders. But with recent problems, we decided to hold "turnthreads" systematically : these are threads where ministers give their orders several turns ahead, for the President or VP to play alone with."
Old August 25, 2002, 15:28   #2
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

IMHO a mentioning of Trip's departure is in order. He is our first president after all.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old August 25, 2002, 15:35   #3
Spiffor

You're right :

"- Our first president bids farewell :
Trip, first president of Apolytonia, has left the forum for RL reasons. He was less and less present on the forum since last month, and now officially retired. He will be remebered as someone who greatly influenced the Democracy Game, and who made things move at the very dawn of our Civilization"

Does it sound right ?
Old August 25, 2002, 20:03   #4
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 00:53
You could add a small section on Case #1. It is now closed and ruled upon. And thank you much for helping.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 25, 2002, 20:29   #5
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 01:53
A link to the current Jungle Gazette for more in depth coverage of events might help also...

Besides that, great work!

-- adaMada
Old August 25, 2002, 21:57   #6
Spiffor

OK, here's the definitive version I'll send to Mark.

"- Apolytonia is at war !
After an epic struggle, our armies finally conquered Paris and Orleans. But the rich French bribed Germany and Persia to betray us. We are now waging a 3-front war.
The Greeks are also at war with the Aztecs and the English, which means the whole northern part of the continent is at war.
We don't know how the situation will turn out yet, but these matters are much discussed in our forum

- A wonderful world
Foreign Civs have shown greatness by building Wonders of the World. The Pyramids, the Great Lighthouse, the Colossus, the Great Library, the Oracle and the Great wall are now built. Apolytonia has no Wonder to be proud of for now.

- A brand new economic system
Several members of the Democracy game are testing an optional minigame, where they strive to get more Lytons (our currency) by selling products from their domains.

- A new way to play
Before, members of the Democracy Game played with "turnchats", i.e chats where officials gave their orders. But with recent problems, we decided to hold "turnthreads" systematically : these are threads where ministers give their orders several turns ahead, for the President or VP to play alone with.

- Cout's first case now closed
Our court of justice has just closed its first case. A questionable poll has been deemed invalid at unanimity of the justices. Two other cases are currently pending, and more may come.

- Our first president bids farewell :
Trip, first president of Apolytonia, has left the forum for RL reasons. He was less and less present on the forum since last month, and now officially retired. He will be remebered as someone who greatly influenced the Democracy Game, and who made things move at the very dawn of our Civilization.
Old August 26, 2002, 06:38   #7
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 00:53
Actually, all cases are closed, Case 1 was the last one to get a ruling.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby