Generations (I will consider it one story, not a series) by WTE_OzWolf 2 20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 25, 2002, 23:13   #1
johncmcleod
Prince

Local Time: 22:54
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Greatest Story of this Forum-Finals
Bum bum bum...it's here. I was gone all of this week and I pmed cbraund to start the finals while I was gone and it didn't happen. I want sharks with frickin lazer beems attached to their heads, ok? Throw me a bone here! Ok that was random but here it is.
"The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau
Old August 26, 2002, 17:07   #2
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

Local Time: 01:54
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Location: Even if you don't believe in Jesus he believes in you!
I am abstaining in my vote as I feel that none of these stories are that good
Old August 26, 2002, 20:12   #3
SKILORD
Never Ending StoriesCivilization III MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 06:54
lol.

dang i'd go with him if i hadn't already voted, just to be cool and rebellious.
Old August 26, 2002, 22:17   #4
djtestudo
Settler

Me too. CGW kicks ass.
Old August 27, 2002, 22:54   #5
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

actually, I vote that this poll be Removed!!!
Old August 28, 2002, 01:30   #6
johncmcleod
Prince

Oh really metaliturtle? What's wrong with it? My nominations thread was barely noticed and not a lot of stories got nominated-and some should've-but what's wrong with the idea? Is it just because I don't have the credentials? Is it wrong for this poll to be run by a "newbie" who's been around since January? It doesn't really take anyone to run this poll-all I did was just look at the nominations and set it up? I bet if someone that was more well known, like civman for instance, ran this poll you'd be complementing it. And I decided to wait until somebody else did, but no one did, so I decided to do it myself. I apologize. Next time I'll pm you to do it metaliturtle or civman or cbraund. And by the way-I think the reason the DG series didn't get nominated was one, well, in the regular story contest stories usually get nominated until they're finished, and two, I should've specified that that could count as one story. Since it's a bunch of stories written over a long period of time people might have thought it wouldn't qualify. I'm sorry I wasn't more specific.
"The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau
Old August 28, 2002, 02:35   #7
Metaliturtle
staff
King

umm, john, I'm goofing around, did a porcupine climb up your butt or something? And for your information, the only people who deserve complements on polls are the apolyton people who let you do them.

Also, you fail to realize that the stories are each really good in their own way, and you really cannot pick a "best" story, because with an annonymous poll, If I wanted to I could create 300 e-mail accounts, register for apolyton 300 times, and totally thrash the competition, I don't do that, however, because it is unfair. Additionally, what I like may not be the same as what you or anybody else likes on this forum, I've written stories that relate to Civ3 by a thread, and they get votes, and Lots of them, does that mean that it's good? Hell no, I personally thought CGW was horrible, it contained juvenile humor targeted at an audience which is:

1. Predominately Male
2. All Civ Fans
3. Between the ages of 10 and 20

Thusly, I assumed, and rightly so, that if I wrote about pointless stupidity, orgies, and fart jokes, I would win, and lo and behold, I did!!

What does that say about the readers? Not much, however, I have met some really cool people on this forum, which is why I keep writing, and I only continue what I get good responses to, (main reason there wasn't a Metaliturtle goes Apesh*t 2).

So, my suggestion to you, John, is to go pull all spiked mammals from your rectum, get it stitched up, and don't mess with me.
Old August 28, 2002, 11:25   #8
johncmcleod
Prince

First things first one, CGW got nominated and got a good amount of votes, so how come some of you were complaining. And two, I don't have any spiked animals up my rectum I'm just on the #@*^ cross country team at my high school and it's making my life miserable.
Old August 28, 2002, 12:26   #9
Metaliturtle
staff
King

must be hard to run with all those porcupines up there....
Old August 29, 2002, 21:40   #10
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

If you PM MarkG, he'll top this thread for you
Old August 31, 2002, 20:20   #11
trickey
Civilization III Democracy GameNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Prince

Local Time: 02:54
Quote:
Originally posted by Metaliturtle

..........because with an annonymous poll, If I wanted to I could create 300 e-mail accounts, register for apolyton 300 times...................

Now who would do that
Old August 31, 2002, 21:59   #12
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Quote:
Also, you fail to realize that the stories are each really good in their own way, and you really cannot pick a "best" story, because with an annonymous poll, If I wanted to I could create 300 e-mail accounts, register for apolyton 300 times, and totally thrash the competition
Actually, Ming would probably bust you before you could post... And then your IP would be banned... and the other IPs you used. And perhaps your server if you accessed from 400 different library computers

Ming is very very good at his job
Old September 3, 2002, 01:21   #13
Kramerman
Prince

Local Time: 00:54
I dont think there is anything wrong with this poll. Good job johncmcleod . I am very much a newbie compared to you (joined in early june) and therefore you are well above me on the chain of respect.

btw,
Im on my HS cross country team. I didnt do **** over the summer so its killing me. It sucks being a senior on junior varsity too, but hopefully after I get into better shape I'll move up. I dunno how old you are, but hang in there. When you get into shape and you know you can outrun all your peers your self-esteem shoots up about 50%. That and the long term health benefits of running hard core makes the horribly accute short term pain worth it to me, but just barely...
Old September 14, 2002, 17:10   #14
Apokolips
Settler

stories
CGW is the best
Old September 14, 2002, 21:14   #15
johncmcleod
Prince

I'm a freshmen, and still bad for my age. I'll continue though. I got fourth to last in my first meet. Then I3rd to last in my second (out of 124 kids). One of the kids that I beat twisted his ankle in the meet, and had to run slow. Even the special ed kid on my team whooped me! Then today, I got fourth to last and I beat that special ed kid! I do though feel better about my appearance because it's making me much stronger and healthier.
Old November 5, 2002, 21:59   #16
Verto
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildNationStatesMac
King

I *ran* track. Just thought I'd let you all in on a brief glimpse into the Wonderful World of Me.

BTW, don't let those special ed kids push you around. They aren't as innocent as they pretend.
Old November 9, 2002, 02:40   #17
johncmcleod
Prince

Over the last couple months I have improved a lot. I stuck with it and improved my times about 4 or five minutes since that post. I am now pretty close to the middle of the pack now. I now always whoop that special ed kid! That one race he beat me in was the only one. The season just ended though. I agree verto. Definitely watch out for them. This particular one I had a five minute conversation with him in 4th grade art class and he thought we were best friends. So he followed me everywhere. Now he mainly follows my friends around, and the other day he was being almost openly gay to my friend Brad.