Old August 26, 2002, 11:27   #1
Yolky
Prince

Local Time: 02:55
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Need help over here
I have installed the Apolyton super pack and the cradle pack. I tried cradle but once i hit a ruin it took over a minute and a half to play so I quit that game. I started the Apolyton pack and once I made my first warrior i get a messages as usual but when I read it, it says PMEM.

What is that? I am going to try and uninstall it and just reinstall the Apolyton pack to see if it works. If that dosn't work what else can I do?

Davor
Old August 26, 2002, 11:46   #2
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 23:55
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I suggest that you install either the Super Apolyton Pack or The Cradle of Civilization....not both at once, unless you have installed the Modswapper. You need to install the Modswapper to "swap" between multiple mods... did I get that right Locutus?
Old August 26, 2002, 11:52   #3
Maquiladora
Call to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power PBEMCall to Power Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 07:55
That thing with ruins is a bug, if you wait long enough the game will continue, you have to wait just as long when the AI moves onto a ruin sometimes too. Not so bad once all the ruins have been discovered. If you dont want it to happen so often specify map setting with low goods.
Havent run into the PMEM one though.
Old August 26, 2002, 12:12   #4
Pedrunn
Call to Power II Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 03:55
This ruins waiting only happens when the ruins were supose to give you a military unit. Most mods have set the chance of getting a military unit to 0 in the risks.txt. this way solving the problem.
-Jean Rostand
Old August 26, 2002, 12:26   #5
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Local Time: 08:55
If you start Apolyton Pack and you load then a game that wasn't saved with ApolytonPack you will get some wired things like stupid messages or can't build units you should be able to build. So you have to start a new game with ApolytonPack you can (or should) only continue games with ApolytonPack which are saved with ApolytonPack previously.

In the case you only have problems with the strings just open the chat window by typing the apostrophe key (') and enter: /reloadslic

-Martin
Old August 26, 2002, 12:32   #6
Maquiladora
Call to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power PBEMCall to Power Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 07:55
I started a new cradle 1.32 game recently and ive had the game pause for a while when i got an advance from a ruin too. I dont know if the cradle risks.txt has been altered but i got long pauses every 5 or 6 turns on average in the early game. This was with 8 civs, ultra-gigantic map.
Old August 29, 2002, 04:50   #7
Yolky
Prince

Local Time: 02:55
I couldn't take the long pauses so I dont play Cradle anymore. I only have a 300 celeron so it takes way to long for me to play.

If I alter the file to 0 as some one said that will eliminate the pause? How come there is a pause? is it the coding itself?

Davor
Old August 29, 2002, 08:23   #8
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 08:55
If you want to play Cradle but really get rid of the pauses, go into CRA_risks.txt and make sure all instances (for all Barbarian levels) of ADVANCE_HUT_CHANCE and UNIT_HUT_CHANCE have the value '0.00'. The pauses occur when someone gets either a unit or an advance from the ruins (because then it has to go through the tech tree to find something suitable to give - apparently this code is bugged so that this takes forever on the large and complex tech trees of the modded game). Hopefully some sort of bug will be available in the future, but that's hard to say - it could probably be fixed with SLIC but it requires rather complex code to do it right.
Old August 29, 2002, 09:08   #9
hexagonian
The Courts of Candle'Bre
Emperor

Local Time: 01:55
Locutus is right - reducing the numbers to 0.0 in CRA_risks.txt for BOTH advances and units will eliminate the slowdown. I do wish there is a way to get rid of that problem too.

However, I really like getting those Javalin Cavalry so early in the game...

Since you are eliminating the chances to get units/advances, you can boost the chances for gold in the same file.

Do continue giving Cradle a chance.
Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
...aisdhieort...dticcok...