Old August 26, 2002, 20:50   #31
MrFun
Emperor

Local Time: 01:56
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by drake

Depends on where in the cities and where in the country. The quality of education in rural areas often far exceeds that of a city school.
What source tells you this??

I have been raised in a rural town until I finally moved to a city, and I always believed that urban education is potentially higher quality than rural education.

Even with the increased individual attention in rural school systems, the fact that too many rural families (IMO) want to shelter their children from the real world hinders that quality from making rural educaiton better.
Old August 26, 2002, 21:45   #32
Serb
Emperor

Local Time: 13:56
Quote:
Recent Poll: 35% of Americans are jerks.
Tell me something new.
Old August 26, 2002, 22:12   #33
Grandpa Troll
supporter
PolyCast TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame
Immortal Factotum

Local Time: 02:56
So 35% of Americans are Jerks??..hmm..well, I am a Christian, I sit and dont judge, sometimes share the Gospel through Word here, but kinda Odd, isnt it, How a lot of people will attack a Christian, get right ignorant acting and its ok, but let someone talk about Gays, and lets not forget that its being an abomination unto God, Now thats a hot-topic so to speak,well, then they are jerks

I dont get some folks logic here in this OT. I mean, I have seen a lot of excellent views and counter-views. I dont agree with some topics, but then i dont read them. I am offended when people attack God as if God were someone to toy with. I pray for them and , well, it just makes me kinda stop and wonder why a lot of people allow "alternative lifestyle" issues to be acceptable and anyone whom is against it is a jerk, but anyone whom is a christian is most allways attacked here.

Just my small input, and well, I will be in Honduras building a church for my Lord, leaving this evening and will be back Sept.04. I am sure by then many responses will have been given, some intelligent,some not, some abusive some informative.

~Peace~
Attached Images:

Old August 26, 2002, 22:23   #34
Sikander
King

Local Time: 23:56
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by rah

When the economy is tanked like it is now, research is one of the first things companies cut, so we'll take whatever we can get. We do warn them about reliability if they chintz out.

It is possible to do very good research over the internet. But it is considerably more costly. If you start with a nationally balance sample, suplementing mail and phone surveys to round out the lower income households and seniors, it helps. Then with the proper weighting methodology you'd be surprised at the quality of the results.

When the topic is time sensitive, the internet can beat the telephone for getting the highest number of respondents in the shortest period of time.

And if you're not as concerned about the quality of the results or at least understand how it biases the results, the internet is the CHEAPEST and fastest way to receive results. (and sometimes if you're targeting higher income households, the internet is not that bad)

RAH
end of commercial
Aren't you guys all fired up for the elections? I thought they kept you busy during an election year. Or doesn't your company do political work?
Old August 26, 2002, 22:24   #35
Sikander
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Serb

Tell me something new.
98% of Siberians are jerks.

But I guess that's not news to you!

Old August 26, 2002, 22:29   #36
Tuberski

Quote:
Originally posted by Troll
but let someone talk about Gays, and lets not forget that its being an abomination unto God, Now thats a hot-topic so to speak,well, then they are jerks

~Peace~

If it is an abomination unto God, as you put it,shouldn't you be praying for their souls? Instead of chastising them for being gay? Isn't it God's problem to deal with?
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old August 26, 2002, 22:49   #37
Grandpa Troll
supporter
Immortal Factotum

Quote:
Originally posted by Tuberski

If it is an abomination unto God, as you put it,shouldn't you be praying for their souls? Instead of chastising them for being gay? Isn't it God's problem to deal with?
I do pray for ALL sinners souls, including mine. I dont judge, but then I do feel led to inform all people how God feels.

Oh and for the record, its not what "I" say, but God's inspired word. just wanted to share that, as God judges, not man, BUT..Man has been compelled and convicted to share the Gospel, not meaning to overtly flaunt nor hide the Truth. Let God's Word stand on its own. I dont beat or "Bible-Thump" I merely share.

God, for the record, has ordained Christians to spread the Gospel, the "Truth" of Jesus.

Bruce
Attached Images:
Old August 26, 2002, 22:59   #38
Tuberski

Quote:

God, for the record, has ordained Christians to spread the Gospel, the "Truth" of Jesus.

Bruce

According to Christians he has ordained them to spread the Gospel.

Muslims believe the same.

So do Jews.
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old August 27, 2002, 01:01   #39
Grandpa Troll
supporter
Immortal Factotum

Quote:
Originally posted by Tuberski

According to Christians he has ordained them to spread the Gospel.

Muslims believe the same.

So do Jews.
AMEN!

Well, speaking of THE GOSPEL I am on the way now to Honduras, as in Matthew 28:19-20......

Peace unto all

Bruce
Attached Images:

Old August 27, 2002, 01:05   #40
Serb
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Sikander

Link.

I guess it's much lower percentage of jerks here, smt about 5%.
Old August 27, 2002, 01:10   #41
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Old August 27, 2002, 01:18   #42
Shi Huangdi
Emperor

Troll: I think the issue is that 35% of the people are judging someone based on their orientation. And as the bible says "judge not lest ye be judged"

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand
Old August 27, 2002, 01:52   #43
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Local Time: 00:56
I'd like to point out that gays are openly welcome in the Canadian Boy Scouts and the Canadian Military.

Thanks.
Old August 27, 2002, 01:58   #44
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Quote:
I do pray for ALL sinners souls, including mine. I dont judge, but then I do feel led to inform all people how God feels.

Oh and for the record, its not what "I" say, but God's inspired word. just wanted to share that, as God judges, not man, BUT..Man has been compelled and convicted to share the Gospel, not meaning to overtly flaunt nor hide the Truth. Let God's Word stand on its own. I dont beat or "Bible-Thump" I merely share.

Bruce
Hi Bruce, this is God.

I do not think very highly of your attitudes towards your fellow man, and I condemn you to an eternity on the set of Richard Simmons Hits Broadway.

Thank you and have a great day.
Old August 27, 2002, 03:04   #45
Oerdin
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Troll I am offended when people attack God as if God were someone to toy with. I pray for them and , well, it just makes me kinda stop and wonder why a lot of people allow "alternative lifestyle" issues to be acceptable and anyone whom is against it is a jerk, but anyone whom is a christian is most allways attacked here.
I'm probably one of the least religious people someone is likely to meet but I have to agree that there is a clear double standard. The far left posters on this site do milaign Christians, attempt to excuse the acts of murder commited by Muslim facists, and then they get indignant if anyone disagrees with them.

A little more balance would be welcome.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old August 27, 2002, 03:07   #46
Oerdin
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Sikander

How about that Russia has the highest rate of alcohlism in the world? If I had to choice then I think it is better to be a jerk then a drunken jerk.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old August 27, 2002, 03:53   #47
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 17:56
Quote:
I dont get some folks logic here in this OT. I mean, I have seen a lot of excellent views and counter-views. I dont agree with some topics, but then i dont read them. I am offended when people attack God as if God were someone to toy with. I pray for them and , well, it just makes me kinda stop and wonder why a lot of people allow "alternative lifestyle" issues to be acceptable and anyone whom is against it is a jerk, but anyone whom is a christian is most allways attacked here.
Exactly how many people here are Christians? And how many get 'attacked'? People (including myself) tend to get offended when you and those like you stut around in your arrogance and proclaim your beliefs to be the Supreme Truth. I haven't seen any gays around here claiming that heterosexuality is wrong.

Last edited by GeneralTacticus; August 27, 2002 at 04:24.
Old August 27, 2002, 04:29   #48
Solly
Emperor

Local Time: 07:56
That's because heterosexuality is correct.
Old August 27, 2002, 04:38   #49
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Quote:
That's because heterosexuality is correct.
And you have decided this because...
Old August 27, 2002, 04:42   #50
Serb
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Oerdin

How about that Russia has the highest rate of alcohlism in the world? If I had to choice then I think it is better to be a jerk then a drunken jerk.
Who told you that? Any evidence? It's just a sterotype, like sterotype about southern rednecks.
Old August 27, 2002, 04:47   #51
Serb
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GeneralTacticus

And you have decided this because...
...it doesn't have to be proven.

If it wasn't correct, then God (or evolution or mother nature or whatever) didn't create an opposite sex.
Old August 27, 2002, 04:50   #52
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Quote:
...it doesn't have to be proven.

If it wasn't correct, then God (or evolution or mother nature or whatever) didn't create an opposite sex.
Huh? Are you saying that if homosexuality wasn't wrong, then women wouldn't exist?
Old August 27, 2002, 04:50   #53
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

There's more to sex than just reproduction, you know. Most people have sex for the purpose of reproduction very few times in their lifetime.

Since homosexuality occurs naturally in nature, and in humans as well, it's not correct to say "homosexuality is not correct", unless you're talking strictly as a means of reproduction. But you do realize there are other means now, right?
Old August 27, 2002, 05:05   #54
Serb
Emperor

Quote:
Since homosexuality occurs naturally in nature, and in humans as well, it's not correct to say "homosexuality is not correct",
Of course, it's "wrong", not "is not correct". [j/k]

Quote:
unless you're talking strictly as a means of reproduction
This is exactly what I mean- as means of reproduction".

Quote:
But you do realize there are other means now, right?
Right. Personaly I don't care with whom you f*ck, with guys or ladies. It's your personal life and your own buissness. I don't care. But, don't aggitate that sex with the member of the same sex is cool and that everybody should try it.
Old August 27, 2002, 05:10   #55
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Unlike people of certain faiths I don't have such an inferiority complex that I feel I must convert everyone.

Besides, you know what happens when you give straight men sixpacks anyway.
Old August 27, 2002, 06:16   #56
Serb
Emperor

Quote:
Unlike people of certain faiths I don't have such an inferiority complex that I feel I must convert everyone.
Fine. I see no problems then.

Quote:
Besides, you know what happens when you give straight men sixpacks anyway.
I have no idea. I don't have gay freinds and don't drink with gays.
As Oerdin noticed, we are nation of alcoholics who can tolerate deadly doses of alcohol. After sixpack of beer, we just start a real drinking.
One of my old buddies tell my story when such guy offered beer to him, they drunk it and talk, later this guy made an offer to spend some time together with my freind. When my buddy realized wtf is this guy want from him....well, I just say that it was big mistake of this guy. My freind served in paratrooper regiment and he is tough guy. Poor gay, he chosed wrong victim.
Old August 27, 2002, 06:40   #57
Lars-E
Warlord

Local Time: 07:56
Only 35% of Americans are jerks? How about the entire white population? How many percent is that?

My dad is white, but he doesn't like white Americans. He only has black friends. I think it is because he feels white Americans are ignorant and chest-thumping, but I'm not sure. I know a lot of Europeans feel the same though, right?
Old August 27, 2002, 12:59   #58
Boris Godunov
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Serb
One of my old buddies tell my story when such guy offered beer to him, they drunk it and talk, later this guy made an offer to spend some time together with my freind. When my buddy realized wtf is this guy want from him....well, I just say that it was big mistake of this guy. My freind served in paratrooper regiment and he is tough guy. Poor gay, he chosed wrong victim.
Victim??!!

How was your friend a "victim," because another man found him attractive and made a pass at him? Don't straight men do this to women in bars all the time?

Your buddy gaybashed someone because he was an insecure, homophobic *******. And if you support that, you can guess what that says about you.
Old August 27, 2002, 13:04   #59
drake
King

Quote:
Only 35% of Americans are jerks? How about the entire white population? How many percent is that?
Old August 27, 2002, 13:07   #60
SlowwHand
inmate
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameGameLeague
Deity

I second that one, Drake.
Don't they to pigmentation treatments the reverse of Michael Jackson's?