Old August 27, 2002, 17:42   #1
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 03:59
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Nomination Thread: 1st Term Commissioner
this really should have been done a few days ago if we want to start on september 1st. also maybe the alpha talent should do this (perhaps put it in the constitution?) but, since i don't see him around

Sign up here for the post of Commissioner for the 1st term of play. Nominations will end in 3 days.

Candidates:
Darkness' Edge (CD/CDC)

Last edited by Method; August 28, 2002 at 09:11.
Old August 27, 2002, 18:13   #2
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 18:59
Has Crisler been erased from the space-time continuum?

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old August 27, 2002, 18:16   #3
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

he won some trip to montreal, supposedly coming back today IIRC

EDIT: here's the link

Last edited by Method; August 27, 2002 at 18:23.
Old August 27, 2002, 18:19   #4
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 06:59
Maybe I should run.......

Old August 27, 2002, 19:18   #5
lucky22
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' Guild
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Tassadar5000
Maybe I should run.......

It wouldn't be a bad idea- do you have enough free time, considering the UNN, etc. etc. ?
Old August 28, 2002, 01:44   #6
Darkness' Edge
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Prince

Local Time: 17:59
a) Crisler's away. He should be back anytime soon.
b) Should we be having elections so soon? As much as I'd like the job, Crisler hasn't really had much to do since he was elected, and he hasn't been in office a month. However, I do see the benefits of having fresh elections.
c) In the event that we do hold new elections, I hereby announce my candidacy.

The same as last time goes. I'm always available, I've got plenty of time, and I insist on following the will of the people and the founding of democratic institutions, rather than getting involved in partisan politics. However, my pro-democratic beliefs align me with the democratic coalition.

Last edited by Darkness' Edge; August 28, 2002 at 02:05.
Old August 28, 2002, 09:29   #7
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 09:59
Yes, we could always consider having Crisler for September too, since he hasn't had much to do yet, and it's getting pretty late to have a new Commissioner elected. I'd have no objections if we extended the first/zeroth term to cover September too, and have a new election for October.
Old August 28, 2002, 10:08   #8
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 08:59
Another vote in favour of keeping Crisler.
Old August 28, 2002, 10:11   #9
Method
Emperor

well whatever. i have no problem with crisler, i just thought that we were have new elections before the game started.

EDIT: i can see that many people thought we were going to have re-elections. pandemoniak even posted that in crisler's "prayer and fasting" thread.

Last edited by Method; August 28, 2002 at 13:31.
Old August 28, 2002, 10:15   #10
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 09:59
TKG, so did I, but I wasn't sure if other people would agree with me.
Old August 28, 2002, 10:38   #11
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

i agree with new elections
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old August 28, 2002, 12:21   #12
- Groucho -
Diplomacy
Prince

Local Time: 01:59
Why a new election? Crisler hasn't got to do much yet. But if there is a new election, is the Alpha Talent up for re-election as well?
Old August 28, 2002, 13:07   #13
Method
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Echinda
But if there is a new election, is the Alpha Talent up for re-election as well?
yes (although a lot of what i thought had beed decided weeks ago is coming into question...people questioned the original commissioner elections too)
Old August 28, 2002, 13:19   #14
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

i am willing to run AGAIN on these terms:

*only if there will be new elections (duh)
*if there 3 or more other candidates i will retire of the race (have enough to do as it is )
*I WANT TO WIN j/k

but looking at the time frame we have, if we want to land 1st sept. we wont have time enough to do a 5 day election with nomination rounds. so or a lot insist we have new elections or we keep Crisler and DE for another month....
Old August 28, 2002, 13:27   #15
Method
Emperor

its not as if we have time to poll it.

where is crisler? i'm sure he'll run again, but i dont think we have time to start on sep 1st and have re-elections, unless we shorten nominations and elections to 2 days each
Old August 28, 2002, 14:57   #16
- Groucho -
Diplomacy
Prince

Local Time: 01:59
For what it's worth, I'm in favour of letting Crisler be in charge for the first month. And THEN his fundy butt can get turfed. j/k
Old August 28, 2002, 16:29   #17
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Yeah. Let's make the incumbent Commissioner actually do something game related. If he is not back in time, why not just have Darkness' kick us off - that IS what Alpha Talent is there for, is it not? That way both those who want Crisler to run things are happy and Darkness', you most likely get to start anyway.

BTW, do we start 1 September Commissioner time or silly Nth Amer/Europe forum time? If so then 1 September will actually be 1 September here for a change!

Old August 28, 2002, 16:33   #18
DeathByTheSword
King

i dunno and i dont care aslong as it begins in a 1 sept. somewhere in the world but before it begins dont the directorate needs to hold a turnchat. because no one know where we are going to land so general orders and of any use here. just warning the directors and commissioner + alpha talent
Old August 28, 2002, 21:25   #19
Darkness' Edge
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt Yeah. Let's make the incumbent Commissioner actually do something game related. If he is not back in time, why not just have Darkness' kick us off - that IS what Alpha Talent is there for, is it not? That way both those who want Crisler to run things are happy and Darkness', you most likely get to start anyway.
I'd be happy to kick it off.

I'm also quite happy for the current administration to stay on. I can't really see the point in having snap presidential elections - but in the event that they happen, I'm putting my name down.

And finally, in the event that Crisler isn't back, I'll kick the game off Sunday night my time - the night of September 1 for me, early morning for the US, and send off the first game immediately.
Old August 29, 2002, 06:04   #20
DeathByTheSword
King

DE you will have to organize a turnchat for the first couple of turns, because general guidelines are not yet set by the directors
Old August 29, 2002, 06:13   #21
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkness' Edge

And finally, in the event that Crisler isn't back, I'll kick the game off Sunday night my time - the night of September 1 for me, early morning for the US, and send off the first game immediately.
In that case I hope you don't need the Dir. of Base Production actually there for any turnchat - Sunday night is awful for me, especially since it will be 2 hours later than your Sunday night.

Old August 29, 2002, 06:20   #22
DeathByTheSword
King

then give a builingqueer for the first couple of builds!?
Old August 29, 2002, 06:26   #23
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

Capital idea! One of the first actual game discussion threads....

Old August 29, 2002, 06:56   #24
Darkness' Edge
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt In that case I hope you don't need the Dir. of Base Production actually there for any turnchat - Sunday night is awful for me, especially since it will be 2 hours later than your Sunday night.
I'd forgotten about turnchats. Don't worry. I'll work out a time that's convenient for both of us, if Crisler still isn't back.

~ your fellow southern hemispherian

Some other things of importance:

What day is convenient for people, turnchat-wise?
On September 1, I'll probably only create the map, post it, and then save the first session of play until a suitable time for a turnchat can be found. Unless anyone's got any better ideas?
Thirdly, can someone post the results of all the polls concerning preferences, map settings, etc?
Old August 29, 2002, 09:12   #25
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Local Time: 00:59
I think keeping Crisler until he actually has had a full month of the game, personally. I'd thought the reason we elected our first Comm. so early was because he and the Alpha were needed to get the directors in place and organized.

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old August 29, 2002, 09:30   #26
DeathByTheSword
King

DE check official poll thread bottom first post
Old August 29, 2002, 11:56   #27
Method
Emperor

so, as crisler says his connection won't let him connect to 'poly. if he can't get himself ready in time, DE you'll start and have crisler take over later i guess.
Old August 29, 2002, 11:59   #28
Method
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkness' Edge

early morning... i may not be able to attend. what time zone are you DE? GMT +13?

Last edited by Method; August 29, 2002 at 15:37.
Old August 29, 2002, 12:11   #29
DeathByTheSword
King

PLEASE POST IN GMT THEN EVERONE CAN COUNT FOR HIMSELF !
Old August 29, 2002, 12:21   #30
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Local Time: 00:59
Heh... where's the fun in that, DBTS?

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...