Old August 29, 2002, 09:16   #1
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 01:05
Local Date: November 1, 2010
TurnChat/thread orders for 210 BC
This is where to post your orders for the next few turns.

MrWIA is attempting a chat, but premade orders would also speed such a chat, and provide orders should you be unable to attend.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 29, 2002, 14:54   #2
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by UberKruX
210:
  • Swordsman near Mars. move into Mars. and fortify.
  • Injured Archer Stack move N, E onto jungle NW of Rheims. Goal is to raze.
  • One Galley moves E, E, E. The other E, E, S. One should survive, hope both do.
  • Warrior near Persian archer stack goes W (in debate)
  • Spearman gets into Gaia and Fortifies.

190:
  • 3/4 Archer attackes Rheims. next 3/4 attacks, then the 2/4, until the city falls. Assuming it auto-razes. IF the city falls and there are archers left over, move them into Mars and fortify.
  • Injured Swordsmen near Loveshack goto Loveshack
  • IF both galleys live, one goes back to mainland, other scouts uber isle. prepare for the "boat switch" idea.
  • IF one lives, scout uber isle and wait for another mainland galley.
  • IF no galleys survive, well sh*t.
  • Warrior on mountain fortifies.
  • Swordsmen outside MArs. go into Mars
  • Everything in Mars fortifies.
  • The orders for the swordsmen in Loveshack really depend on germanys moves. if the archer(s) are in range, attack them. If the archer(s) head towards our workers near Gaia, head W, W, NW. If the archer(s) leave (for some reason) move W, N to attack Munich.

the orders get much more abstract now, as i cannot predict the wars too well.

170:
  • Any remaining archers that razed Rheims goto Mars and fortify.
  • Swrodsmen from Loveshack will either heal, attack german units, or attack Munich, depending on where they went last move
  • Do they galley switches in the water, being sure to never risk the Uber Isle galley (it will be the one that has the settler)
  • REMEMBER: The settler has to have a movement left to do the switch.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 29, 2002, 15:55   #3
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 03:05
Oops. Forgot I said I would edit. They are below.

Will edit to add the orders:

I will be looking at the save late on friday (20:00 EST +/-). Thus will have orders posted then. If anybody has any advise, sugestions, requests, please post in the Planning Department Offices thread (which can be easily reached via OnOrthO's Directory )

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con

Last edited by GodKing; August 30, 2002 at 22:05.
Old August 29, 2002, 20:51   #4
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 07:05
As far as ming goes would you like some settlers to fill the gaps or would you like millitary offence/defence?
Old August 29, 2002, 21:04   #5
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 02:05
Orders from the Minister of Science:

Continue researching Feudalism.

If Feudalism is obtained: switch to Monotheism.

If Monotheism is then obtained: switch to Chivalry.

All trading of technology and maps is approved.

I highly doubt I will be there if there is a Saturday turnchat. I have to go to school to work on the newspaper and then I have to do college stuff.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old August 30, 2002, 03:39   #6
BigFurryMonster
PtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 08:05
"All trading" ? Surely there must be something in it for us at a good price ..!
Old August 30, 2002, 03:56   #7
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Please, please, please... Fill in that gap between Tassadar and Timeline. There will be a Greek settler there before long. [assuming of course there is little razing in their war.]
Old August 30, 2002, 11:05   #8
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 23:05
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Turnchat Orders, 210 BC

Establish Embassy with Aztecs (cost 57)

Exchange Dyes if ever possible. Goal: Technology. May become possible with a road to Greece.

Peace Terms for France:
Sue for peace AFTER Rheims destroyed and French counter-attack routed. (two turns from now)
Demand: Feudalism. Pay additional funds if necessary.
If cities available, priority 1) Chartres 2) Rouen.
Push for as much as possible.
Do not agree to RoP with France.

Peace Terms for Persia:
Seek peace with Persia after Sidon and Tyre destroyed, but if peace is offered prior to that time, push for as much as possible, then accept peace. Do not pay for peace with Persia.

Peace with Germany
Seek peace with Germany after Munich destroyed, but if peace is offered prior to that time, push for as much as possible, then accept peace. Do not pay for peace with Germany.

Tech Trading
After aquiring Feudalism from France, trade it to Aztecs for Monarchy and whatever else you can get.
Sell Feudalism to Rome for as much profit as possible. If we had to pay Joan for Feudalism, sell her Monarchy to recoup our expenses.

NOTE: Once our ship has discovered land outside of Uber Isle, DO NOT accept World Map trades offered.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.

Last edited by Togas; August 30, 2002 at 17:20.
Old August 30, 2002, 12:36   #9
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 09:05
I'd like to point out that if we do continue the war for an additional turn or two then the swordsmen outside of Marseille (threatened by a French swordsman on the other side of the river) must fortify.
If they do they'll get a 25% defensive bonus. Combined with the 25% bonus of being attacked from the other side of the river and the 10% terrain bonus they'll have a 3.2 defense which will give them better odds against the French swordsmen.

Edit: sorry for posting in the orders thread even though I'm not a minister but there was no other appropriate place to post this. IMHO every minister should have a thread for discussion where he should raise questions and respond to suggestions made by the public before publishing his orders so people like me won't have to spam the orders thread.
- Phantom of the Opera

Last edited by Shiber; August 30, 2002 at 12:45.
Old August 30, 2002, 15:38   #10
WhiteBandit
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 23:05
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Public Works orders for 210 BC
Have some questions for OPD and Rendelnep at the end of this post (this may also apply to Uber since he is in control of military movement). They are in the orders for Termina and Napoleton at the end of this post, thanks.

Marseilles - 2 workers waiting for orders. Since we are still at war, please allow these workers to skip a turn. Providing peace is reached, move workers NW and build road, which will connect us to Greece! (Thanks to GhengisFarb). After road is completed, clear jungle. If this is completed, move S of Marseilles and continue to clear jungle.

Paris - 1 worker waiting for orders. Also skip turns until peace is reached. Once peace is reached, join worker stack near Marseilles.

Del Monte - Worker currently in Del Monte. Build road W, W, NW towards Chiquita (road will run through mountain containing gold.) Once this is completed, we will mine the gold SE, SE of Chiquita.

Timeline - Workers currently E clearing jungle. After completion, move SW and continue to clear jungle. If that is completed, move SW again (S of Timeline) and clear jungle there.

Gaia - Worker stack NW waiting for orders next turn. Move them S and clear jungle. I'm not teaming him up with the worker building a road NE of Gaia since there is a German archer within 2 squares. If the German archer decides to threaten him. We will have to move back to Gaia anyway. The worker stack will have Gaia between them and the archer, allowing them to carry on with work.
Regarding the worker creating a road NE of Gaia, once he is completed, move NE toward Seeburg and continue building a road. However, if the archer does threaten the worker, then escape into Gaia, and ultimately teamg up with worker stack clearing jungle. If this worker stack should become threatened, move SW toward Timeline. Gaia only has 1 Spearman. If some random chance allows the archer to beat our spearman, I don't want to end up losing 3 workers.

Seeburg - Workers S, SW waiting for orders next turn. Move SW and build road toward Gaia. Also, if German unit threatens them, escape to the W and move toward Gaia (without being threatened). Providing german archer is dispatched, continue completing the Seeburg-Gaia road. If this is completed, move NW of Gaia and clear Jungle.

Loveshack - Worker stack is currently W of Loveshack. Continue clearing jungle at this spot. If this is completed, move 1 of OUR OWN workers towards Timeline, sincee that stack only consists of slave workers. Move the rest of the stack S and clear jungle NW of Banana HQ. If this is completed, move S of Banana HQ and clear jungle there.

Termina - Slave Workers N, NW clearing jungle in 11 turns!!! Hopefully have one of our own workers there soon to speed them along. Perhaps a request to OPD regarding region 1: Would it be possible to create another worker at somepoint to speed this slave stack along?

Napoleton - Worker stack S waiting for orders next turn. Build road. Should this be completed, clear jungle. Question for Rendelnep Is it wise to build barracks at the moment? Should we build another defensive unit in Napoleton instead? We can build a spearman in 14 turns. Still a push as there is a German unit within 3 squares. Perhaps send warrior in Geofront to Napoleton (will reach it by next turn if we move now) to bolster defenses. Ubergorsk (which is defended by city walls) could also possibly spare a spearman. It would reach Napoleton in rougly 4 turns. However, the extra warrior should stave off an attack from an archer for at least that long? It will take the German archer 2 turns to move next to Napoleton, 1 turn to attack 1 warrior, 1 turn to attack next warrior. By then we should have the spearman able to defend. I'd like everyone to at least consider this situation and weigh the risks. I personally don't want to lose any cities.

(04/29/2004) [Trip] we will see who is best in the next round ; [Trip] that is why I left this team ; [Trip] I don't need the rest of you to win |
The solution to 1984 is 1776! | Here's to hoping that GoW's military isn't being run by MasterZen: Hehe! | DaveRocks! or something. ;)

Last edited by WhiteBandit; August 30, 2002 at 16:21.
Old August 30, 2002, 21:13   #11
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 19:05
WhiteBandit:

It is a near certainty that the Archer will threaten the worker NW of Gaia, it moved specially from near Geofront in this direction. The German Archer emerging N of Napoleton has just appeared and it may wll be that it IS headed for that city. A Persian settler stack has been floating around there for a while, keeping its distance from us whilst straying close to the Germans.

Good orders so far, guys. Hopefully some of you can be in the chat to see them through personally.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old August 30, 2002, 22:02   #12
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 03:05
CITY PLANNING - 210 BC

Edited this post to add these new orders in.

Mingapulco - OPD pmed me, but there appears to be no changes. I will double check in the morning and I will keep you informed.

Termina - No change. Start on horseman or temple next (depends on war).
Apolyton - Switch worker from one of the forest tiles to the whale tile. This does not change the time for this horse under construction, and adds a gold and food to the city. After Horse is constructed, reasses construction time (time of construction - # of shields have utmost priority) for the next build, either a gallion if the uber isle expedition goes bad, a horsie if still at war with anybody, or a library if at peace.
Tassagrad - No change. If in desperate streights, switch to horseman. After harbor, build horsie. When grows next turn, worked mined tile near polly.
BHQ - after horse, horsie (any war) or library (peace). When it grows in 5 turns make sure to prevent disorder by making a scientist. I am not 100% sure if it will go into disorder, but I think it will (when was last popped rushed?).
Port Rouge - barracks. Keep the people happy, so do not work any more tiles than possible. Do not be alarmed if people starve. If peace with FRANCE, then switch immediatly to temple.

Pina Colada

Chiquita - As is (temple). Pop rush if necessary. When it grows, work the other grass w/ shield.
Del Monte - If threatened, use judgement to switch. When grows, work tile to south of the one now worked. After barracks, either courthouse (if peace with germany and france) or war chariot.
Gaia - After barracks, either spear, horse or courthouse as appropriate.
Timeline - Work grass tile w/ shield and forest tile. Not the tile with the road. After barracks, spear.

El Nino - I have not yet heard from Rendelnep. If I do I might edit to incorporate his suggestions.

Seeberg - Switch immediatly to city walls. Then barracks.
Napoleton - Switch immediatly to city walls. Then barracks. Pop rush only if necessary.
Geofront - Switch immediatly to city walls. Then barracks. Pop rush only if necessary. Switch as necessary.
Ubergorsk - No change. Switch as necessary. WHen it grows, work the iron.
Loveshak - No change. Do not pop rush. If jungle gets cleared, work it.
Munich(?) - Presidential choice. Recomend temple at this time.

Ile de Rose - jdjdjd posted this http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...50#post1252575 as his orders.

HereItIs - Temple. Pop rush ASAP (20 shield remaining). If sending the vet sword to reinforce port rouge, make sure to change the worker into a taxman. Work the tile to either the N or NE (extra gold, no change in production)
Marsailes (Jerusiliam? sp?) - as per HereItIs.

All other cities to use presidential judgement, if myself or OPD are not available at the chat tomarrow (18:00 EST on sat, I will try to plan on making it, but do not know yet as my girlfriend talked about coming over to help me pack up my house).

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old August 31, 2002, 06:41   #13
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 09:05
Economy orders :

Trade dyes with the Greeks if possible.
If we intend to buy a tech from them, use dyes to lower the price. If not, try a Lump sum deal (preferably) or a Lpt deal (acceptable too)

Debate to do with Godking :
I think we should raise entertainment to 10% in 5 turns to avoid BHQ to enter into disorder. While this would only cost 2 Lytons, it will allow us to work on another tile (if sea, that's +1 food and +2 commerce)
Overall, I disagree with making the unhappy citizen a scientist : we only spend 2 Lytons in science, so this scientist won't make us save money, and I fear it won't hinder unhappiness to strike anyways.
Old August 31, 2002, 18:45   #14
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 07:05
bump

hmmmn if only we had a pres to carry out these orders