Old August 29, 2002, 14:01   #1
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Local Time: 02:06
Local Date: November 1, 2010
SMC's orders
210:
  • Swordsman near Mars. move into Mars. and fortify.
  • Injured Archer Stack move N, E onto jungle NW of Rheims. Goal is to raze.
  • One Galley moves E, E, E. The other E, E, S. One should survive, hope both do.
  • Warrior near Persian archer stack goes W (in debate)
  • Spearman gets into Gaia and Fortifies.

190:
  • 3/4 Archer attackes Rheims. next 3/4 attacks, then the 2/4, until the city falls. Assuming it auto-razes. IF the city falls and there are archers left over, move them into Mars and fortify.
  • Injured Swordsmen near Loveshack goto Loveshack
  • IF both galleys live, one goes back to mainland, other scouts uber isle. prepare for the "boat switch" idea.
  • IF one lives, scout uber isle and wait for another mainland galley.
  • IF no galleys survive, well sh*t.
  • Warrior on mountain fortifies.
  • Swordsmen outside MArs. go into Mars
  • Everything in Mars fortifies.
  • The orders for the swordsmen in Loveshack really depend on germanys moves. if the archer(s) are in range, attack them. If the archer(s) head towards our workers near Gaia, head W, W, NW. If the archer(s) leave (for some reason) move W, N to attack Munich.

the orders get much more abstract now, as i cannot predict the wars too well.

170:
  • Any remaining archers that razed Rheims goto Mars and fortify.
  • Swrodsmen from Loveshack will either heal, attack german units, or attack Munich, depending on where they went last move
  • Do they galley switches in the water, being sure to never risk the Uber Isle galley (it will be the one that has the settler)
  • REMEMBER: The settler has to have a movement left to do the switch.
Old August 29, 2002, 14:57   #2
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 01:06
Uber,

The first turn I played, everyone went and made a new thread for their orders. It took me over an hour to track them all down and play. Because of that I then requested that they be kept in the same thread, which myself, or MrWIA would create. I copied these into that thread already for you, but if any changes occur, you may want to add them over there.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 29, 2002, 16:27   #3
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 09:06
Uber,
While you were away I suggested a different plan to settle Uber Isle that involves less risk. It was ok'ed by Will 5001 so I think we should follow it unless Will changes his mind. In any case I would also like to have Uber's confirmation of this since he's the first one to spot the island.
Allow me to quote it for you to save you some time:

Shiber's Maneuver:
Naming the tiles and galleys for easier reference:
* Tile A: either the tile S or SE of Apolyton (doesn't matter). It is safe for a galley to end its turn in here.
* Tile B: the tile SE SE of Apolyton (contains a whale resource).
* Tile C: the tile SE of tile B.
* Tile D: the tile SE of tile C.
* Tile E: one of the coastal tiles which we can barely see. It is safe for a galley to end its turn in here.
* Galley 1: empty at the beginning of the maneuver.
* Galley 2: contains a settler and possibly another unit (another settler or a spearman) at the beginning of the maneuver.

Phase one:
Both galleys are in tile A. Galley 1 travels to tile C and ends its turn. This is the risky phase, since there's a 50% chance that the galley would sink (but at least it's empty). It's also the only risk involved in this plan.
If the galley sinks, build a new galley and start again. If it doesn't, move on to phase two:
Phase two:
Galley 2 travels to tile B. The settler and the other unit (if any) onboard galley 2 move to galley 1.
Phase three: galley 2 travels back to tile A or another coastal or city tile, thus ending the turn safely. Galley 1, now carrying cargo, moves to tile E, thus also ending its turn in safety.

Uber, what is your opinion?
- Phantom of the Opera

Last edited by Shiber; August 29, 2002 at 17:38.
Old August 29, 2002, 20:16   #4
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Local Time: 02:06
I've read that Aggie gave the galleys to the IE minister. Thus, ignore my orders for them.