Old August 29, 2002, 23:15   #1
Reddawg
Prince

Local Time: 02:08
Local Date: November 1, 2010
The State of the Nation: Latest Statistics
LATEST STATS HERE

This report is intended to advise and analyze trends in Apolytonia over time. These stats are the result of analysis of five saved games, 2590 BC, 1400 BC, 430 BC, 350 BC, and 210 BC (current).

SUMMARY:

*The population of Apolytonia has swelled from 478,000 individuals in 430 BC to 635,000 souls in 210 BC, a fair growth of 32.8%!
*30,000 volunteers, and 80,000 slaves now works the fields, roads, and mines of Apolytonia. The number of slaves has grown incredibly due to an influx of P.O.W.s! 72.7% is a dangerously high number of enslaved workers.
*Apolyton and Banana HQ have emerged as the nation's largest cities, with 110,000 citizens.
*Timeline has proven to be the fastest growing city in all of Apolytonia, blooming 87.5% over the last term from 16,000 to 30,000.
*Apolyton and Banana HQ bring in the most income, with 6 Lytons per turn, whilst Timeline brings in the most income per capita, .1 lytons per thousand people.
*Apolyton produces the most shields, 9 per turn, while Marseilles produces the most per capita, at .1 shield per thousand people.
*Apolyton and Banana HQ are the now the only cities with scientific output, at one per turn. Both have .01 per thousand people. This is an alarming trend and a bad note for the scientific community.
*The alarming influx of foreign blood continues to cause minorities to grow in parts of Apolytonia: the Americans and now the French. There are 44,000 people of American descent in the land, or 6.9% of the total population. This is from 18,000 in Gaia and 26,000 in Delmonte. There are 54,000 people of French decent, or an uncanny 8.5% of the nation.
*Apolytonian Racial Elitists (ARE's) are becoming increasingly enraged. The total percent of foreign blood has gone from 7.9% in 430 BC to 15.4%!!! An ARE demonstration rally is planned sometime soon in Mingapulco Province.
*The treasury has gone from an increase of 19 lytons/turn to 26 lytons/turn, a telling increase. The treasury is to be commended as being the only institution on all of Apolytonia to post increases over all of history!

*Demographic highlights:
-Apolytonia's approval rating is declining due to increasingly less popular wars and the ARE radicals, falling from the high of 67% and first in the world to 62% and 3rd in the world.
-Apolytonia's most impressive demographic is it's continual growth in terms f land area. It has climbed 26.8% to 27,000 square miles, and is now the 3rd largest in the world.
-The disease, although still the worst in the world, has fallen 4% to 41%.
-The most alarming trend is the drop in average military service to 12 from 15 years. This trend must be curbed in the sake of national security.

Current Regional Comparisons:
•Mingapulco Province(currently Apolyton, Termina, Tassagard, Banana HQ, Port Rouge):
394,000; 8.1% foreign; 62.0% of national population (a miniscule decrease since last term). 21 Lytons income; 22 shields output; 2 science output (a decrease!).
•Principality of Piña Colada (currently Timeline, Gaia, Del Monte, Chiquita):
94,000; 46.8% foreign (a fair drop); 14.8% of national population. 8 Lytons income; 4 shields output; 0 science output.
•El Niño Province (currently Loveshack, Seeberg, Ubergorsk, Geofront, Napoleton):
125,000; 0% foreign; 19.7% of national population (a semi-drop). 8 Lytons income; 5 shields output (a significant drop); 0 science output.
•Île de Rose (currently Here It Is, Marseilles):
22,000; 100% foreign; 3.5% of national population. 2 Lytons income; 2 shields outpout; 0 science output.

Foreign Comparisons:
*note: these stats are estimates based off of averages and cannot be made any more accurate by way of current knowledge of the country (and without cheating) thus all numbers are approximate*
~France = 205,000 or 0.32 times the size of Apolytonia (-65.0% increase)
~Greece = 1,110,000 or 1.75 times the size of Apolytonia (44.2% increase)
~Aztec = 845,000 or 1.33 times the size of Apolytonia (42.0% increase)
~Persia = 1,030,000 or 1.62 times the size of Apolytonia (32.1% increase)
~England = 990,000 or 1.56 times the size of Apolytonia (21.5% increase)
~America = 150,000 or 0.24 times the size of Apolytonia (11.1% increase)
~Germany = 1,410,000 or 2.22 times the size of Apolytonia (54.% increase)
~Russia = 695,000 or 1.08 times the size of Apolytonia (19.2% increase)
~Babylon = 160,000 or 0.42 times the size of Apolytonia (-10.6% increase)
~Rome = 930,000 or 1.46 times the size of Apolytonia (52.5% increase)
~Iroquois = 175,000 or 0.28 times the size of Apolytonia (-22.2% increases)
Analysis: Numbers on the remaining 3 civilizations are unavailable, but we can conclude (based upon Apolytonia's world ranking of 9th in population) that there is 1 as-yet-unknown civ's whose population is larger. Furthermore, decreases in population denote increases in worker force/settlers, except in the case of France where war is the cause.

Population Density:
*due to currently unavailable estimates of foreign nations' land area, density is based on average city size.
^Apolytonia = 39,700 per city
^France = 18,600 per city
^Greece = 69,400 per city
^Aztec = 60,400 per city
^Persia = 103,000 per city
^England = 82,500 per city
^America = 37,500 per city
^Germany = 117,500 per city
^Russia = 77,200 per city
^Babylon = 32,000 per city
^Rome = 66,400 per city
^Iroquois = 19,400

Military Stats:
*note:military stats are for the purpose of comparisons only, and are not absolute indications of strength; they are however adjusted to consider strength of units (to account for, example, that fact that 10 musketmen are better than 10 spearmen).*
+Total offensive power in 478 BC is 58(2 naval); defensive is 57(2 naval); mobility is 39(6 naval); there are 35 military units (2 naval) and 6 civilian.
+Total offensive power in 210 BC is 59(2 naval); defensive is 64(2 naval); mobility is 46(2 naval)
+Offensive power has grown a tiny 1.7% (due to the war)!
+Defensive power has grown 12.3%!
+Mobility has grown 31.4%!
+The number of total units has grown 31.4%!

Suggestions to Ministers:
1. Based upon disease rate and life expectancy, steps should be taken by Public Works and City Planning to extinguish the plagues upon the good people of Apolytonia. This is still an issue
2. Obviously, the Île de Rose Province needs serious work on all fronts.
3. The science output is ATROCIOUS. Something must be done.
4. Apolyon is sparsely populated, this is worrisome.
5. Germany is, as expected by the stats, the biggest threat (probably in the whole world.) There population is now more than double that of Apolytonia! Be wary.

If you wish for any further or statistics, or have any questions, contact Reddawg.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	worldpop210.jpg
Views:	511
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	23227  

Last edited by Reddawg; September 8, 2002 at 18:24.
Old August 29, 2002, 23:17   #2
Reddawg
Prince

additional chart
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	produc210.jpg
Views:	494
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	23228  
Old August 29, 2002, 23:24   #3
Epistax
Civilization III Democracy Game
Prince

Charts are up 100% in count, and 20% in size!

great work
Old August 29, 2002, 23:29   #4
Reddawg
Prince

LOL *******, wtf?
j/k, its all good
thx!
Old August 29, 2002, 23:41   #5
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

I'm fine with the low science rate as long as people buy/steal/extort some techs for me.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old August 30, 2002, 01:05   #6
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 04:08
Reddawg,
Excellent work, as always.
As a statistician, what more could you extract from those numbers, concerning our rivals? I mean, what can we know about, hum… let me see, the approval rates in Greece or Germany? We can see how many luxuries they have, if they have connected those luxuries or not, the size of their cities, how many cities… We know some things about the AI bonus and the effect this causes on happiness, trade, production. We can complete this info with the advisors screens and we can always see how much money the AI has, opening the diplomacy screen. Lots of information.
Can we deduce if they have temples, and how many, approximately, crossing this kind of info? This is only an example, but I used to be a mathematician decades ago and I know how this stuff can be powerful.
Is this kind of research possible with the numbers you got?
Am I asking the impossible?
Am I drinking too much banana juice?
Old August 30, 2002, 01:31   #7
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 19:08
/me seizes upon Empire's growth as a sign that things are working during my Administration

Honestly, great stuff Reddawg! This fair kicks ass! BTW, skywalker posted a save from about 3500 BC in the the thread asking for old saves.

I predict a jump in approval rating, science expenditure and number of cities as soon as the war with France is over and we fill in the gaps where their mouldering cities lie in ruins.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old August 30, 2002, 03:22   #8
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 01:08
The only thing I don't like is that gap between Timeline and Tassadar. Yes, the one right in the middle of a jungle, but with rivers.

There will be a Greek city there very soon.
Old August 30, 2002, 08:45   #9
Reddawg
Prince

What do you all think about the fact that Germany grew the most, is the largest, and is the first nation to more than double our size? And we're at war. Based upon these statistics I am now of the opinion that the foremost foreign issue is to curb Germany. Rome is simply not as big a threat even if they dominate Abananaba Minor. Because right now, Germany is set to dominate the entire continent.

It's also interesting that we have surpassed all but one "lost" civ. This causes me to conlclude a few possibilities: the lost civs are indeed on a smaller landmass, or they too are suffering from rampant war. I can't wait for contact.

The Military Academy may be glad to see that we have still posted increases, albeit small ones, in our strength. But we are better off now than we were before the war, minus the fact that we have to protect a greater area.

Aro, for the most part the things you ask are insanely difficult. It took about 2 hours to gather data, calculate, and post, and add charts. Which in a day when I'm at school 9-3 and work 3-5, it's kinda tough. I'll think about it some, but I can't promise anything. :-\ If you haven't noticed though, the stats have expanded each time lol. My next goal is to estimate other nations' land area, and also get true density stats.
Old August 30, 2002, 09:07   #10
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 03:08
Reddawg:

Excelent job. This will come in handy.

Sorry for following you and making you paranoid.

GK

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old August 30, 2002, 09:53   #11
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
* MrWhereItsAt seizes upon Empire's growth as a sign that things are working during my Administration

Honestly, great stuff Reddawg! This fair kicks ass! BTW, skywalker posted a save from about 3500 BC in the the thread asking for old saves.

I predict a jump in approval rating, science expenditure and number of cities as soon as the war with France is over and we fill in the gaps where their mouldering cities lie in ruins.
Sure, sure. Just sidestep the fact that approval ratings DROP when you came back to take control. I had them at an all time high

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 30, 2002, 10:10   #12
DAVOUT
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 08:08
I think that a VP slot will be emptied soon.

*A VP should NEVER have an approval rating higher than the prez.* (In VP s survival under tyranny handbook, chapter 1, § 1).
Old August 30, 2002, 10:32   #13
Vlad Antlerkov
King

Quote:
Originally posted by DAVOUT
I think that a VP slot will be emptied soon.

*A VP should NEVER have an approval rating higher than the prez.* (In VP s survival under tyranny handbook, chapter 1, § 1).
/me drags out old "Timeline Vlad Antlerkov for VP" signs

Old August 30, 2002, 10:37   #14
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 19:08
Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
Sure, sure. Just sidestep the fact that approval ratings DROP when you came back to take control. I had them at an all time high
It was, shall we say, anticipation? News travels slowly to the more distant parts, and they hadn't yet heard that I wasn't in charge.

No? Ok.

Later on we'll just name UnOrthOdOx as the President of this term to make it look better - Prez UnOrthO had a high approval rating and unfortunately his deputy MrWIA had to take over, which resulted in a drop in approval.

/me cracks out some Government alcohol

Why, why, WHY?

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old August 30, 2002, 10:44   #15
DAVOUT
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:

Why, why, WHY?
Just ungratefulness, sir.

Never forget : the first right of the people is to be ungrateful at will. (In Prez survival handbook, Part I, Chat. 1, Section 1)
Old August 30, 2002, 11:09   #16
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Quote:

Later on we'll just name UnOrthOdOx as the President of this term to make it look better - Prez UnOrthO had a high approval rating and unfortunately his deputy MrWIA had to take over, which resulted in a drop in approval.

* MrWhereItsAt cracks out some Government alcohol

Why, why, WHY?
Oh, no. You should know as well as anyone, I would have been perfectly happy to stay in the background. I have no desire to become the President. We'll just show how you ran us into the ground.

Or maybe they like my smilie better than your 007...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; August 30, 2002 at 11:24.
Old August 30, 2002, 11:15   #17
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 04:08
Quote:
Originally posted by Reddawg

Aro, for the most part the things you ask are insanely difficult. It took about 2 hours to gather data, calculate, and post, and add charts. Which in a day when I'm at school 9-3 and work 3-5, it's kinda tough. I'll think about it some, but I can't promise anything. :-\ If you haven't noticed though, the stats have expanded each time lol. My next goal is to estimate other nations' land area, and also get true density stats.
Yes, I know... I was just thinking loud and theorizing a little... just acting as normal people do: Hey, gimme more, more and more!
Old August 30, 2002, 12:59   #18
Duddha
Civilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 23:08
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Hey, I have a question and this seems like a good place to ask it. Say we have a city like Del Monte which is culturally mixed. If we were to build a worker there would the pop cost for that unit automatically come from the foreign group in the city?
Old August 30, 2002, 13:05   #19
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Ah. Duddha. I believe it does. I have used that to rapidly convert towns before. Especially under Despotism or Communism. Take a size 5 town, Pop rush a settler, takes it down to 2 citizens. Now, JOIN the city with that settler...poof. Size 4 city, 1/2 pop is yours. I don't know if you can rinse/repeat till no more foreigners or not.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 30, 2002, 13:05   #20
Vlad Antlerkov
King

I think it's random. It is possible to get a worker (or, if there were enough Yanks, settler) of either nationality in Del Monte.
Old August 30, 2002, 13:35   #21
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

I have NEVER PRODUCED a settler or worker of a different nationality. The new unit is created, and has YOUR nationality. It may be random in what 2 citizens it USES to create that unit, though. I don't normally repeat the process, but I will try to experiment tonight sometime.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 30, 2002, 13:53   #22
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 09:08
Impressive as ever Reddawg. I like the graphics too

(btw, shameless plug for my economy website. I just updated it, and it has all the economic information you may need. Plus, I just relooked the archives page )
Old August 30, 2002, 15:45   #23
Reddawg
Prince

It is definitely random; a way to explain it is this: workers/settlers created at volunteers and thus only people of your nationality will volunteer. If foreigners volunteer than it's basically like those foreigners have decided to join your culture. And this is also why slaves are always a different nationality.

;-)

Thanks everyone for the comments, I hope it all helps and that the stats are interesting.
By the way, how are you regional directors feeling? Mingapulco is absolutely kicking ass in all fronts, and no longer just because of Apolyton.
Old August 30, 2002, 15:51   #24
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

But you can 'force' a totally foreign city into producing a settler, thus making those two citizens your nationality, because you cannot produce slaves.

I am not sure that it is Random, either, though. I could swear that it goes oldest citizen's first...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 30, 2002, 19:11   #25
Proserpine
Warlord

Local Time: 07:08
Thanks once again Redd. And for the chart, that is helpful.

One thought. I presume that the "ranking" rating is on the same scale as productivity. As you can see one is increasing rapidly the other is static (Maybe increasing slightly, its hard to tell). As time goes on & productivity increases, the gap will widen & no matter how big a change in ranking.

But you can have different scale - I would suggest 1 ranking point for every 5, 10 or 20 increase in productivity to start with.
Old August 30, 2002, 22:17   #26
Reddawg
Prince

Proserpine, I know, thx for pointing it out. I don't think I'll make that same graph again, so. It was just a last minute thing. I think next time it'll be a land area or population density graph.
Old August 31, 2002, 15:40   #27
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 09:08
hi ,

great

lets hope we can alter those numbers a bit in to our advantage , ....

have a nice day
Old August 31, 2002, 17:34   #28
Hagbart
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

It was good to get an overview of the nation (I just joined). We need to get more cities!

The new iPod nano: nano
Old September 1, 2002, 14:34   #29
Reddawg
Prince

^bumping topic up^

just wanna make sure everyone gets a last good look at these stats. it'll be a week minimum before the next full stats are out.
Old September 2, 2002, 11:21   #30
Proserpine
Warlord

Local Time: 07:08
Quote:
Originally posted by Reddawg
Proserpine, I know, thx for pointing it out. I don't think I'll make that same graph again, so. It was just a last minute thing. I think next time it'll be a land area or population density graph.
You're welcome, keep up the good work