Old September 8, 2002, 20:36   #61
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 03:08
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Science is evil?

Gee, I like using fire. Never did get used to uncooked iguana tail.....

I wonder now if it is just me that likes cooked food?

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old September 8, 2002, 23:26   #62
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 02:08
Quote:
Originally posted by GodKing
Science is evil?

Gee, I like using fire. Never did get used to uncooked iguana tail.....

I wonder now if it is just me that likes cooked food?
Well, Roast Beef and Steak is only good at Medium Rare, which some people seem to insist isn't cooked, but I'm always happy to correct them... so yea, I guess I'd be strongly in favor of cooked food.

I propose that we begin a political party to promote cooked food, and to elect only those who are strongly in favor of pro-cooked food initiatives and members of the party!

* Glory to the Country Through Fire and Cooking!

-- adaMada
Old September 15, 2002, 01:51   #63
Duddha
Civilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 23:08
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
*The alarming influx of foreign blood in the past two centuries has lost momentum, to the continued relief of the A.R.E. There are now only 26,000 people of American descent in the land, or 1.9% of the total population. This is solely from 26,000 in Gaia, the last American-Apolytonian bastion. That number has fallen from the previous 42,000 and 4.1% of national population. Expect an rejuvenation of American blood if the War Hawks have their way and capture the rest of America. There are 75,000 people of French decent, a loss of 6.3%, as the have become more of a minority, down to 5.4% of the total population. There is a new addition to Apolytonian diversity, as 30,000 Persians now fall under Apolytonian administration, in the city of Tyre; this leads to a minority of 2.2%. This is a combined foreign population of 9.5%, down from 11.0%. Actual numbers of foreigners are up 17.0% (Half that of the national growth of 35.5%!).
Even better. Godking, I notice that some settlers were built in foreign populated cities. Was cultural or forced assimulation responsable for the downsize of the foreign pop? Just wondering.
Old September 15, 2002, 01:52   #64
Duddha
Civilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Real warriors eat their meat raw!
Old September 15, 2002, 10:22   #65
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

up to now with our victories cultural assimilation hasn't been a problem, however soon we will move into persia with LARGE numbers of local people who will have been mislead into disliking us, we need a strategy to prevent culture flipping in these cities.
Aggie
Old September 16, 2002, 08:00   #66
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 01:08
Quote:
Originally posted by Duddha

Even better. Godking, I notice that some settlers were built in foreign populated cities. Was cultural or forced assimulation responsable for the downsize of the foreign pop? Just wondering.
EXACTLY WHAT I WAS TRYING TO TELL YOU

MAKE THEM OUR SETTLERS!!! really too bad we lost pop rushing ability to "speed" their conversion...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old September 16, 2002, 20:00   #67
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

Local Time: 01:08
Well, I'll never like the ARE (I believe diversity is (whatever if any being(s) you worship's) gift to the world), but I agree with Aggie-the foreigners might be a problem with culture flipping and all. A strong culture is vital, but it might not be possible soon enough: argh. I do wish the cities didn't culture flip so freely though: One time I had a city flip over to my civ due to my strong culture, and it stayed about 75% foreign blood i believe despite being very happy. However in 25 turns it'd flipped back over to the enemy civ!!! In less than 25 more turns a pop came showing they'd rebelled against their mother civilization agian; I just said forget it and didn't take it. Just an interesting story, though-culture flipping will be a serious problem if we don't completely eliminate all civs were at war with. (That would be a welcome development though! )
Old September 23, 2002, 21:03   #68
Duddha
Prince

Quote:
*The alarming influx of foreign blood in the past two centuries has shot up to incredible, never-before-seen proportions. The attached chart explains most; it is also noted that the french are the most widespread minority (present in Mingapulco, Piña Colada, and Île de Rose provinces).
See the chart at http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=62717

Our population is currently infested by foreign blood, 23%!!! This outrageous growth must be stopped. Pasargadae has a population of seven! We must create a program to cut out this cancerous mass of foreigners.

As Lord Protector of El Nino Province, I will do everything in my power to halt this foreign growth. My land is currently pure and I intend on keepiong it that way. I will dispatch local militias to the boarders to catch Persian immagints seeking to spread their pagen ways.
Old December 24, 2002, 12:03   #69
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 07:08
**** BIG BUMP ****

[rp]
Come All Apolytonians! Join the ARE! Lets keep are cities Pure and save foreign culture in the process!

Might Makes Right!

History is written by the Victors!

Only the Strong Survive!

Long Live the ARE!
[/rp]

Please note this is ONLY rp. I do not endorse eating human babies of ANY kind.
Old December 24, 2002, 14:01   #70
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Ninot
noo!
we must save the beautiful french people, more notably their women!
i cant stand for this!
I have a peacefull solution. Send all the beautiful exotic women to me. Foreign males will refuse to mate with leftovers. and then ban inter racial marriages. Population controlled and we still have handful of laborer for some time.
Old December 24, 2002, 14:05   #71
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Quote:
Originally posted by adaMada

Well, Roast Beef and Steak is only good at Medium Rare, which some people seem to insist isn't cooked, but I'm always happy to correct them... so yea, I guess I'd be strongly in favor of cooked food.

I propose that we begin a political party to promote cooked food, and to elect only those who are strongly in favor of pro-cooked food initiatives and members of the party!

* Glory to the Country Through Fire and Cooking!

-- adaMada
I counter this movement by creating a "diet-thru-fresh-vegetables-and-uncooked-meats,-such-as-sushi" movement.

The party named TBA.
Old December 24, 2002, 16:56   #72
Nolan
Civilization III Democracy Game
Chieftain

rp}

Hmmm Duddha, I can definitely see the point of removing the lazy drain on resources that is other races, but the problem is the logestics, how do we tell if a person is really a foriegner, or in the older cities they may be mixed with superior blood

rp}

I think having these stupid anti-foriegner policies is well timed, as it was about now in europe things like this were getting strong (tech wise) I think we need a more imperialist party as well

Regards
Old December 24, 2002, 18:15   #73
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

The Imperialists? The died out long ago, during the great Republican Revolution. There are little of them left.
Old December 24, 2002, 18:29   #74
Nolan
Civilization III Democracy Game
Chieftain

Talking outside of roleplay here, we need a strong nationalist party, that isn't Labourite, Religious or a party interested in genocide, a more moderate yet right wing nationalist party, like the hawks, but less force more politics, say the tories
Old December 24, 2002, 18:34   #75
realpolitic
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Prince

We must make sure to many malcontents don't fill up our cities and prevent our citizens from moving in, as for those nations that have been destroyed, the compassionate thing is to let them move into our cities, but otherwise we need room for our citizens. Our slaves are already blessed to be in the gratest nation on the planet.