Old October 18, 2002, 23:47   #61
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 18:09
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I doubt we will have very much use for 2-2-2 rover if we get into a real war (i.e. not just a skirmish a few minutes after meeting someone). It would be more useful just to test the new components that have been recently developed.
Old October 19, 2002, 08:14   #62
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 09:09
Yeah! I second that. Build 2-1-2, not 2-2-2. A lot of people who votes "Yes" on prototyping thought it would be an unarmoured rover.
Old October 19, 2002, 09:34   #63
Pandemoniak
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Local Time: 07:09
Location: of Xanadu, Scottish Section of the Apolyton Must Crush Capitalism Party
A 1-1-2 rover is enough, lasers are totally useless for the moment. Dont waste the time of builders !
Old October 19, 2002, 09:47   #64
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Well my preference would be building no rover at all, but as that isn't realistic...
Old October 19, 2002, 11:05   #65
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 08:09
Not if its Deirdre. I 'll use my psyhic influence.
Old October 19, 2002, 11:21   #66
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 04:09
after it's prototyped, the recon rover doesn't cost any more than the scout rover...
Old October 21, 2002, 09:10   #67
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Local Time: 01:09
Quote:
after it's prototyped, the recon rover doesn't cost any more than the scout rover...
for that reason alone, I think we should go after the prototype...

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old October 21, 2002, 15:44   #68
Maniac

Indeed. A 2-1-2 prototype.
Old October 22, 2002, 09:32   #69
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Ugh... whichever one will cost the same as a regular scout rover...

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old October 30, 2002, 14:22   #70
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

now that we have located two different factions....isnt it time to think about building up an army....maybe wait until we have better weapons but still i dont want to be caught with my nickers down....
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old October 30, 2002, 15:02   #71
Maniac

Indeed! If it was Deirdre ok, but with Morgan and Zakharov...
Old October 30, 2002, 15:17   #72
FlameFlash
Emperor

Probably just defensive units for now... especially if we're still planning on going to FM any time soon...

Old October 31, 2002, 02:35   #73
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

FM will only hurt the army's capability to take the war into enemy territory, not to exist in the first place.
Old October 31, 2002, 07:11   #74
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

DE cant you come up with some demands for the DBP i want so military units out there
Old October 31, 2002, 09:23   #75
Earwicker
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 02:09
Quote:
Originally posted by FlameFlash
Probably just defensive units for now... especially if we're still planning on going to FM any time soon...
Let's at least make sure our weapons are already prototyped so our response can be more swift if we are attacked. FM or not, offensive weapons are needed to repel invaders from our territory - we just don't need to tie up production with lots of them right now.
Old October 31, 2002, 10:38   #76
DeathByTheSword
King

EW is right that we need to prototyped every new tech as soon as possible
Old October 31, 2002, 13:49   #77
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Why? Weve only discovered one faction near us that doesnt seem to be heavily armed, and if we prototype everything we probably won't use half of them. I doubt we'll be at war until we have at least impact, if not missile weapons. I say we prototype the latest weapons as soon as we get a whiff of trouble (most conflicts can be fortold by a turn or 2), but until then build up our bases with enhancements and the like, so that we have more building power and options when it comes to the need to fight.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old November 1, 2002, 03:06   #78
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

DBTS: Why not ask yourself? I suppose it wouldn't be considered official, but I don't see anything stopping you...
Old November 1, 2002, 08:36   #79
DeathByTheSword
King

because its DE is job
Old November 2, 2002, 02:43   #80
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

I think the reason DE hasn't made any requests is because he currently isn't here.
Old November 2, 2002, 06:43   #81
DeathByTheSword
King

well in that case it isnt needed right now we need crawlers first but still i want some kind of military buildup this term
Old November 2, 2002, 06:45   #82
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

To what purpose? We need impact weapons, at the very least, if we are to amass an effective military.
Old November 2, 2002, 06:51   #83
DeathByTheSword
King

i think we have impact this term so assoon as we have we can start building a military......but i agree we need impact before we even think of building thinks
Old November 2, 2002, 06:56   #84
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

The problem is that we're just getting to the point where we can gain access to all sorts of juicy builder techs, which will take the same focus away from military techs that we have little use for currently (especially if we switch to FM before Morgan attacks us).
Old November 2, 2002, 10:58   #85
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 04:09
instead of going to impact, i'd rather skip it and go right on to missile. all we need is high energy chemistry first.

however, i don't think we need it yet. i'd rather go for, say, the empath guild or something
Old November 2, 2002, 11:21   #86
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

I'm right with TKG.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old November 2, 2002, 16:58   #87
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

So am I. Synth. Fossil Fuels is going to be needed for going into space anyway.
Old November 2, 2002, 19:14   #88
AdamTG02
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Delian LeagueC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Prince

Local Time: 03:09
Going for Synthetic Fossil Fuels sounds good, especially as it enables Air Power. High Energy Chemistry, the first tech on the way, will give us the chance to revolutionize our defenses. If coupled with the Citizen's Defense Force, nothing Zakh could land before cruisers would be able to touch us.
Old November 2, 2002, 19:16   #89
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Agreed. I still think we should go for the EG though. We'll need it.
Old December 1, 2002, 09:45   #90
Maniac

Director DeathByTheSword, I have a request for you. Drone problems are getting out of hand in the Jedinica region. Concordia has a lot of poverty and many welfare payments (doctors) are needed.In two years my social analysts predict similar problems in Pandemonium. For the long run I am working on solutions to solve the root cause of these social problems, but in the short run the only thing I can rely on is repression and more police on the street. Therefore I'd like to request better equipment for the police forces in Concordia and Pandemonium, more specific an upgrade from the regular 1-1-1 scout patrols to 1-1-1 police forces with the non-lethal methods ability. A pre-study of my staff tells me this will cost 40 energy credits. Would you be willing to authorize this upgrade?