Old December 1, 2002, 12:01   #91
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 07:09
Local Date: November 1, 2010
i will authorize this upgrade and will also put them in the budget of my province.....(i need a name..... poll!)
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old December 2, 2002, 08:30   #92
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Who do I ask for extra units, DBTS or TKG?

DBTS/TKG: Can I have a 1e-1-4 foil for exploring (unless we can get 2 specials then have trance aswell) and pod popping, especially in the freshwater sea, since I'm a little uneasy about letting my probe foils pop pods without a unit that can attack possible IoDs. Can I also ask for a probe foil on the Western coast because there's much to explore and there is probably more than 1 faction to infiltrate there. If we're thinking of attacking the Hive soon can I have another probe foil on the Eastern coast so we cann steal some techs etc before he get's many ships out.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old December 2, 2002, 11:53   #93
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

Drogue i (at this moment) have ordered one probe foil in the west and one in the east both for you and a one gatling foil in the west for you and one in the east for me...if you want to change that gatling foil in the east in a (1e-1-4) i will take care of it!
Old December 2, 2002, 12:16   #94
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

If its already a gatling a 5e-1-4 would be nice

To be honest an empath would be nice, because the biggest threat will probably be IoDs, and a gatling one would be better because I can transfer it back to you when we need to attack the hive in earnest, but I'm not too bothered.

Old December 2, 2002, 12:18   #95
DeathByTheSword
King

a (5e-1-4) is ok i will change the orders right now...If we get them is up to TKG if he orders the sea-side governers to build them. .....TKG? please?
Old December 2, 2002, 18:19   #96
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 04:09
i don't think we have empath yet...but sure, go ahead
Old December 2, 2002, 19:28   #97
Drogue
staff

If not empath, trance, I need something to stop these damn worms!!!.... Maybe a higher Planet rating

Old December 3, 2002, 04:29   #98
DeathByTheSword
King

no empath....well we have trance so that will have to do!
Old January 23, 2003, 17:00   #99
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 09:09
I was rather displeased when I saw Hercules request to build even more military units at Jedinica Vrijstaat, while I had the feeling too much of my production was already going to support and units. To make sure I wasn't imagining things, I made up a list of the military and support spendings of all the regions. I was rather surprised with the results:

Quote:
Minerals: military units currently supported / amount of minerals needed for unit support in general / total regional mineral production - percentage of the two previous numbers

Jedinica Vrijstaat
Minerals: 11/20/68 - 29.4%
Units present and in production (between brackets) :
police infantry: 7 (+1)
gatling infantry: 1
trance scout defensive: 2
trance plasma sentinels: 1
empath recon rover: (+1)

Centralis
Minerals: 9/15/91- 16.5%
trance laser skimship: 2
police plasma sentinels: 4
gatling squad: 1
scout patrol: 2
empath scout rover: (+2)
empath gun foil: (+1)

Aurillion
Minerals: 7/13/63 - 20.6%
Units present and in production (between brackets):
police synthmetal garrison: 1
gatling speeder: 1
police infantry: 2
police plasma sentinels: 1 (+1)
trance plasma sentinels (+1)

Akiria
Minerals: 4/5/28 - 17.9%
trance plasma sentinels: 1 (+1)
police infantry: 1

Twin Sea
Minerals: 6/9/49 - 18.4%
scout patrol: 4
police infantry: 1
transport foil: 1
trance plasma sentinels: (+1)

Jedinica Vrijstaat has to spend about 30!!! percent of its mineral production on unit support. While the other regions only have to spend between 15 and 20%. Jedinica Vrijstaat is currently also supporting the most military units in absolute numbers. Eleven compared to the closest "competitor" Centralis, which supports nine units, but which also has a 34% higher mineral production.
Seeing this figures, I have to ask our DPO Hercules the following: before you ask Jedinica Vrijstaat to produce more military units, ask the same to Centralis, Aurillion and Twin Sea. With my current mineral production and already existing military units, I cannot follow your request for more garrisons.
Old February 17, 2003, 17:00   #100
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Hercules, to make it easier to determine what the regions need to build for military units, could you please make up some list what units you all desire for an invasion of Hiveria? Then we can divide the necessary military production between all established regions (which means every region except Solaris).
Old February 17, 2003, 17:18   #101
Cedayon
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Local Time: 02:09
Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
Hercules, to make it easier to determine what the regions need to build for military units, could you please make up some list what units you all desire for an invasion of Hiveria?
Agreed. Just give us your desired order of battle, Herc, and we'll get to filling it out

Quote:
Then we can divide the necessary military production between all established regions (which means every region except Solaris).
Speaking of Solaris, may I recommend beefing up the garrisons of the bases nearest the Hive? Particularly UN XB and Capricorn, which have nothing but 1-1-1 police infantry and some 1 defense noodles.

Howzabout designing a 1-3+-1*2 (Fusion Comm Jammer Plasma Sentinels) and upgrading Capricorn's police infantry unit to that model (50ecs, since comm jammer will be a free ability)? Marching over another garrison unit would be helpful too. UNXB would need something different, as comm jammer won't do much for a sea base.
Old February 17, 2003, 22:35   #102
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 08:09
Good points and I will do so. But previously in asking for builds it was a case of basing it on perceived threat, assessment, basic defence and build capability. There was also over the period, variation in Gov response.
Old February 17, 2003, 23:20   #103
Cedayon
King

Yea, we Govs like using mins and ecs for things like buildings, formers, and crawlers... but those don't do so hot against a Hive Missile Infantry unit or some such.

In my particular case: I'm planning on having NT and Aurora work together (ie build obscene amounts of those nice rover crawlers) on the Xenoempathy Dome, so they'll be unavailable for military production until '61 or '62 (NT should be able to pump a nice unit out after that, though). Espirito del Aqua doesn't have the production to do much there, and really needs to build up its infra first. Twin Peaks is available after it finishes its network node (and preferably a rec commons) and should be able to put something in the neighborhood of 60 mins into military production over the remainder of the 7 year period. Cyclops is in a similar situation as Twin Peaks (needs to finish it's NN and build an RC), and should be closer to 70 mins output over the remaining turns.

To put it succinctly: If I can get some reasonable rushes approved, I could probably give you between 180 and 210 mins of military production by '63 (the end of the turnchat).

edit- Of course, I'd be able to give much more during the following turnchat (the last of the term, iirc) because NT and Aurora would be fully available.

Last edited by Cedayon; February 18, 2003 at 00:48.
Old February 18, 2003, 14:14   #104
Maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by Hercules
Good points and I will do so.
Ok thanks. I'll wait for your list to make my orders (as I have no idea what else I could do with the Jedinican production). Please have it at the last by Wednesday evening or Thursday, as I suppose it will take some time and debates to divide the tasks between the different regions.
Old February 19, 2003, 14:20   #105
Maniac

I hope that list will come soon. Without it I can't build any military unit. Also, if it comes too late, there will be too little time to divide it proportional to each region's mineral output.

Ah yes, any plans to defend our sea bases against that Hive ship roaming around?
Old February 19, 2003, 14:29   #106
Cedayon
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
Ah yes, any plans to defend our sea bases against that Hive ship roaming around?
Sink the bloody thing?
Old February 20, 2003, 02:06   #107
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 18:09
That would seem to be the best solution.
Old February 21, 2003, 10:16   #108
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Local Time: 01:09
Now there's an

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old February 21, 2003, 10:27   #109
Cedayon
King

Herrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrc! Where's that list?
Old February 21, 2003, 13:09   #110
Maniac

Jee, why didn't I think of that...
Okay, let me repose my question. How do you intend to sink that ship? Will there be patrols of our interceptors to the north every turn? I hoped Hercules would give orders about that, but...
Old February 21, 2003, 13:17   #111
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Interceptors sound like the best route to me... AAA tech isn't available yet, right?

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old February 21, 2003, 13:26   #112
Cedayon
King

Quote:
Originally posted by FlameFlash
Interceptors sound like the best route to me... AAA tech isn't available yet, right?
We have AAA and SAM, no? And sending a noodle (interceptor or no) to sink it sounds like the best course of action to me. Be mindful of leaving our territory, though.
Old February 21, 2003, 13:33   #113
FlameFlash
Emperor

looks like I've been out of the loop

One noodle going out to sink it shouldn't cause too much unhappiness during the minor amount of time it'll be out.

Hope we get clean reactors soon though... that'll be a big help if we stay in FM.

Old February 21, 2003, 13:35   #114
Cedayon
King

Quote:
Originally posted by FlameFlash
Hope we get clean reactors soon though... that'll be a big help if we stay in FM.
I estimate 5-6 turns til we do (1 to finish NG, 4-5 for BE) if we can choose BE for our next tech.
Old March 10, 2003, 02:36   #115
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 18:09
*BUMP*

Okay, it seems we have a problem (or two) for our esteemed DPO to resolve:

1) We have a mindworm boil NE of Aurora, and we have no units within range that can kill it:

2) We have two worms from a pod threatening formers near Circular Quay:

Old March 10, 2003, 04:18   #116
Maniac

And please don't forget the worms near Cyclops.
Sorry about former surrounded by worms btw.

Anyway, in the turnchat I mentioned I was going to post two things or requests in the command centre. One was about ship names such as the ACS "Pizza". Then there was another thing I don't recall. Do you GT, or should I start digging through the entire chatlog?
Old March 10, 2003, 08:22   #117
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Yes I would like to see all of the worms and IODs in Akiria 'converted'
Old March 10, 2003, 08:30   #118
Hercules
Deity

Ship names ! I can hardly pronounce chiroformers and pilaquaformers or something. Are those names real, ie generated by the game or made up.

If built by Miriam are they religiousre formers; by Deirdre sixth formers.
Old March 10, 2003, 08:51   #119
Drogue
staff

Isn't there a unit in Aurora that can take care of the woms?

If not, I'll get my flamethrower

"Herc, I'll be gone for a while"

Old March 10, 2003, 08:59   #120
Maniac

I made up those former names as AT replacing the DIA. I though they would be easier for the governor's orders than having to call them eg "super clean fusion cruiser sea former Mk13".
And I don't see what's so hard with Chiroformers. It's just "Chiron" without the -n. The chironian equivalent of Terraformers.
I can understand though you have trouble with pronouncing Pelagiformers, as that word, as so many of my proposed names, is derived from the Latin word "pelagus", which means "sea, gulf" or something similar.