Old September 25, 2002, 04:52   #271
Scouse Gits
lifer
Civilization II PBEMTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Local Time: 07:11
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Yup, it's on my must buy list

SG[1]

and I do not mean PtW
Old September 25, 2002, 09:34   #272
November Adam
Prince

Local Time: 00:11
I don't talk about the expansion cause I have this on the Xbox, and I really don't forsee this coming our way.
Old September 25, 2002, 11:50   #273
Imran Siddiqui
staff
Apolytoners Hall of FameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team

Local Time: 03:11
No, XBox isn't getting it (can't really do an expansion on consoles). Looks very nice though... Hell, it's worth the money just for fixing the journal .
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- John 13:34-35 (NRSV)
Old September 25, 2002, 12:03   #274
November Adam
Prince

yep the journal fix is nice looking.

The X-Box allows for expansions... if they are allowed for in the games programming. Nice thing about a hard drive.
Old September 26, 2002, 11:41   #275
Thrawn05
King

Local Time: 02:11
From what I read from the offical MW MBs, Xbox DOESN'T support XPs and that such talk are rumors.

Either way... once again I prove my theory that PCs are better then consules (with exceptions to NES, SNES, and Old Skool Grey Game Boy).
Old September 26, 2002, 11:56   #276
November Adam
Prince

allright then, it does support add ons. This is for sure, just look at Dead or Alive 3.
Old September 26, 2002, 14:45   #277
Thrawn05
King

Quote:
Originally posted by November Adam
allright then, it does support add ons. This is for sure, just look at Dead or Alive 3.
You mean Plug-Ins. There are Plug-Ins for MW, but not many IIRC, since the contruction set is only for the PC and it's hard to make one for the Xbox using it, but I think it's been done.

Simple Plug-Ins like texture changes and what some NPC wear (there is a cross dresser plug in for XBOX).
Old September 26, 2002, 14:48   #278
Thrawn05
King

Quote:
Originally posted by November Adam
yep the journal fix is nice looking.
I don't mind the one in the game. If you take your time and patient, you'll find what you're looking for. It's nice to have a pen and paper on the side to just mark down the game date and a pith on what happened. Then go back tot he journal to that date and find what you're looking for.
Old September 26, 2002, 15:11   #279
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Thrawn05
I don't mind the one in the game. If you take your time and patient, you'll find what you're looking for.
Sure, the one in the game works, it just doesn't work very well. There's no indexing system, there's not even a way to flip though multiple pages. It's very frustrating, especially after having dealt with games that correctly employ the journal system (like BG).

The spellbook is not as annoying as the journal, but it's still sub-par. There's no good way to decently organize your spellbook, especially when you've got dozens of spells and magic items. Often I'll end up using the wrong spell (one that's too powerful or too weak, or that has unnecessary side-effects or doesn't have the correct side-effects) just to avoid having to sift through all of the spells in my spellbook in order to find the right one.
Old September 26, 2002, 21:40   #280
Thrawn05
King

Quote:
Originally posted by loinburger

Sure, the one in the game works, it just doesn't work very well. There's no indexing system, there's not even a way to flip though multiple pages. It's very frustrating, especially after having dealt with games that correctly employ the journal system (like BG).

The spellbook is not as annoying as the journal, but it's still sub-par. There's no good way to decently organize your spellbook, especially when you've got dozens of spells and magic items. Often I'll end up using the wrong spell (one that's too powerful or too weak, or that has unnecessary side-effects or doesn't have the correct side-effects) just to avoid having to sift through all of the spells in my spellbook in order to find the right one.
I thought there was an index? Or is that something else? In anycase it wouldn't bother me either way. I just want Tribunal because by the time it comes around I'd have a character big and tough enough for it. I hope it also fixes that bug with the Wise Woman I heard, I don't want to spoil so I'll say this: She still thinks you are about to fight the big bad demon on Red Mountain even after you did.

There are a few spelling typos (not errors, typos), such as after completing the third trial and talking to the wise woman, it goes "[See listens... ]". Something like this of course I can overlooked. With all those lines of texts in the game I'm not surpised and I won't run down every blessed MW programmer and force them to fix it like Firaxian programmers (Coracle is rubbing off on me ).

===

I decided that, even though I'm a few levels shy of 20 for my player, I want to rush the main quest (which BTW, does not mean in a day), because I'm tired of being killed by ash zombies when I'm resting with only like 5 - 10% health to behing with. It's time to settle the score with Mr. Nasty and go on doing what ever the heck I want.
Old September 26, 2002, 22:34   #281
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Just to warn you, taking out the main baddy won't make all of the ash zombies/slaves/ghouls and ascended sleepers go away, nor will it make the Dreamers go away (except for a couple Dreamers with actual names).
Old September 27, 2002, 20:12   #282
Thrawn05
King

Quote:
Just to warn you, taking out the main baddy won't make all of the ash zombies/slaves/ghouls and ascended sleepers go away, nor will it make the Dreamers go away (except for a couple Dreamers with actual names).
Really? I heard otherwise. In fact once you defeat Mr. Baddy and you meet a dreamer, they will thank and your Rep goes up by one .

I know those zombies and such will always be there, but I'm talking about the ones that wake you can try to kill you while resting.

In any case, I'm here Loin because Dargoth Ur wants you to join him. The time of his coming is soon. Take head, and soon you will meet him, as either flesh or ash.... or just give me that Skooma you got there and I'll forget about what I just said.
Old September 27, 2002, 20:35   #283
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Thrawn05
Really? I heard otherwise. In fact once you defeat Mr. Baddy and you meet a dreamer, they will thank and your Rep goes up by one .
Some dreamers will thank you and increase your rep, but they're all dreamers with actual names (usually townspeople who've been slowly going insane). Anybody whose name is just "Dreamer" will still be around trying to kill you--presumably they're too far gone to be recoverable, even after Dagoth-Ur's death. Talking to them (assuming that they don't simply attack you on sight) will only lower their disposition.

Quote:
I know those zombies and such will always be there, but I'm talking about the ones that wake you can try to kill you while resting.
Yup, they'll go away. Incidentally, the zombies that try to kill you in your sleep will only attack in certain towns (like Vivec or Balmora). If you rest in the wilderness or in one of the less important towns then you won't be under risk of attack.
Old September 27, 2002, 21:53   #284
Thrawn05
King

Quote:
Yup, they'll go away. Incidentally, the zombies that try to kill you in your sleep will only attack in certain towns (like Vivec or Balmora). If you rest in the wilderness or in one of the less important towns then you won't be under risk of attack.
Dammit! I live in Balmora!
Old September 27, 2002, 21:58   #285
Thrawn05
King

I found a funny thread in another MB about people who are suffering from "MW Addiction". Some people are finding rocks on the ground and thinking it's a soul gem or actualy trying to bargain with a clerk. Here is my list of when you know you play too much MW.

If you try to admire the clerk at the 711 so you can get a discount on that Slurppy.

You wake up seeing ash zombies by your bed.

If you ever tried to sell Moon Surger to anyone.

If you got someone to buy your Moon Surger.

You feel like destroying the city... then relize you're not playing the game. You realize when you hit somone in the head.

You think crouching down a little would let you steal stuff better.

If you actualy tried to outrun the "guards" and then try to find a cave to hide in.

If you ever said to anyone "See any elves lately?" and then laugh.

You ask someone if they are a Breton, Imperial, Nord, Redguard or a really hot looking Wood Elf.

If you ever ask how the emperor is doing.

(this last actualy happened to me )
If you think about pressing F5 before opening the door outside just in case reality crashed.
Old October 1, 2002, 13:13   #286
Scouse Gits
lifer
Civilization II PBEMTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Just restarted (as a Bosmer 'Ninja' under 'The Lady') now that i am confident I have sussed the game play.

Hellishly tough moving from level 39 to 1 (now 2!)

SG[1]
Old October 1, 2002, 13:25   #287
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

That's why I'm hesitant to play the game again...
Old October 1, 2002, 16:35   #288
Chowlett
Alpha Centauri PBEM
King

I think - once I've completed with Spellsword Vanderro (who, incidentally, is nearly arch-mage, Head of the Fighter's guild, Knight of the Imperial Dragon (or whatever), and well on his way to getting his Redoran Stronghold), and got a decent way with my Bosmer custom-build thief - I might start an entirely magical character. Should be a bit of a challenge early on, with the 9 Magic skills, +1 I've yet to choose, but will probably be a stealth art - just not a weapon.
"They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara
Old October 3, 2002, 15:47   #289
Scouse Gits
lifer
Emperor

Warning - don't use the Quick Character Generator Plug-in -- It wasn't until I got to Balmora that I realised something was missing - the papers for Caius!!!!

My second restart is now level 3 - just ...

SG[1]
Old October 3, 2002, 17:56   #290
Chowlett
Alpha Centauri PBEM
King

Yay! Just before heading to uni, I become head of the Fighters and Mages Guilds! Yep, that's Venderro the Master, and Vanderro the Master Wizard!

Hang on - Master Wizard? Apparently, if you accept Trebonious' challenge before becoming a Master Wizard in your own right, you just get that instead of Arch-Mage when you defeat him. Ho-hum, nice amulet.
Old October 3, 2002, 19:01   #291
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Chowlett
Hang on - Master Wizard? Apparently, if you accept Trebonious' challenge before becoming a Master Wizard in your own right, you just get that instead of Arch-Mage when you defeat him. Ho-hum, nice amulet.
That's one of the bugs that they supposedly fixed with one of the patches.
Old October 4, 2002, 08:06   #292
Scouse Gits
lifer
Emperor

I have joined The Temple - never did that in my previous incarnation -- any tips?

SG[1]
Old October 4, 2002, 08:07   #293
Scouse Gits
lifer
Emperor

Does your reputation suffer if you join the Morag Tong?

SG[1]
Old October 4, 2002, 11:04   #294
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse Gits
I have joined The Temple - never did that in my previous incarnation -- any tips?
Temple quests are a great way to up your reputation, but there's usually not much monetary reward to them. Also, if you join both the Temple and House Redoran your faction rep goes up for both factions.
Old October 4, 2002, 11:04   #295
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse Gits
Does your reputation suffer if you join the Morag Tong?
No, Morag Tong quests actually increase your reputation. They're "honorable" assassins.
Old October 4, 2002, 13:42   #296
Scouse Gits
lifer
Emperor

Thanks Loin

SG[1]
Old October 4, 2002, 16:14   #297
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

One more thing: Morag Tong, Temple, and Redoran all increase each others' faction. They're all allied/friendly.
Old October 4, 2002, 17:59   #298
Chowlett
Alpha Centauri PBEM
King

All hail the Knight of the Imperial Dragon, mighty trainer of the Heavy armour skill, so that there's actually some point in having the Lord's Mail.
Old October 5, 2002, 22:23   #299
Thrawn05
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Chowlett
All hail the Knight of the Imperial Dragon, mighty trainer of the Heavy armour skill, so that there's actually some point in having the Lord's Mail.
Yes, the legion quests were the best. The Lord's Mail and the sword that you get in are all worth it. Screw Ebony armor, I want Lord's Mail.
Old October 5, 2002, 22:28   #300
Thrawn05
King

So you guys know, I'm working on a plug in for MW specialy talored for us Apolytoners...

I call it: Freedom at Mingapulco

I made an Island off the cost near Seyda Neen. All of our fav Spammers will be there. The quest is to free them from the bondage of Ming and his evil henchmen.

But, in order to reach Ming, you must defeat the Khajit Michael the Great, the Orc Rah, the High Elf Solver, the Imperial MarkG, the evil Brenton DanQ, and the evil god king wizard dark elf... Ming.

When you defeat Ming, you'll get a key to free YYYH and Spink from the dungeons below.