Old October 16, 2002, 22:35   #331
Tuberski

Local Time: 02:11
Local Date: November 1, 2010
You have to sneak while you are fairly close to somebody. Then put the book on the key and go watch TV.
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old October 16, 2002, 23:49   #332
ravagon
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 15:11
I think the idea is to get behind somebody before putting said book on said ctrl key.
If your starting sneak skill is too low and you're making the attempt right in front of somebody then you may just never have a good enough chance to succeed no matter how long the duration of your effort.
Old October 17, 2002, 04:10   #333
Scouse Gits
lifer
Civilization II PBEMTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Local Time: 07:11
According to uesp - your sneak skill goes up 1 percentage point per second of successful sneak - thus a skill point in just under 2 mins - I don't completely trust this from my own experience - but certainly in some dungeons just walking up to the bad guys with your sneak key on and watch that sneakometer roll....

(Don't let me get behind your Nord, Thrawn - my lady Wood Elf has a Sneak of 65 and Fiend Katana)

SG[1]
Old October 17, 2002, 10:27   #334
Thrawn05
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse Gits
According to uesp - your sneak skill goes up 1 percentage point per second of successful sneak - thus a skill point in just under 2 mins - I don't completely trust this from my own experience - but certainly in some dungeons just walking up to the bad guys with your sneak key on and watch that sneakometer roll....

(Don't let me get behind your Nord, Thrawn - my lady Wood Elf has a Sneak of 65 and Fiend Katana)

SG[1]
I'll try that. BTW, my Nord Warrior has a sneak of 82 (all by training). Agility is 67 as well. I'll also pop those black eyes of hers with my Chrysamere.
Old October 17, 2002, 12:52   #335
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 03:11
I trained mine up in 2-story (or higher) houses where one of the floors was empty. It was easy to sneak (since everybody was on another floor), and I also got credit for sneaking.
Old October 18, 2002, 06:47   #336
Scouse Gits
lifer
Civilization II PBEMTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Kewl catch loin!

SG[1]
Old October 18, 2002, 07:27   #337
Chowlett
Alpha Centauri PBEM
King

Hmm, might try that in Ghorak manor, now the sculptor isn't there.
"They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara
Old October 18, 2002, 17:17   #338
Tuberski

Okay, I'm in House Telvanni and I'm looking for my mouth.

Where the hell is fast eddie?????
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old October 18, 2002, 17:25   #339
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Have you recruited him yet? (He's in Balmora)

Have you sent him on a mission? (It'll take him awhile to complete his missions, and you'll receive a journal entry when he's finished them)
Old October 18, 2002, 18:11   #340
Tuberski

Quote:
Originally posted by loinburger
Have you recruited him yet? (He's in Balmora)

Have you sent him on a mission? (It'll take him awhile to complete his missions, and you'll receive a journal entry when he's finished them)
I know he is in Balmora, but where?

I searched for 2 and half hours and couldn't find him. Hopefully I didn't kill him.
Old October 18, 2002, 18:16   #341
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Tuberski
I know he is in Balmora, but where?

I searched for 2 and half hours and couldn't find him. Hopefully I didn't kill him.
He's in the second story of one of the houses on the Guild side of the river (the opposite side of Cassius's house), it's either marked "Fast Eddy's house" or "Eddy Theman's house." I think that it's directly behind the Eight Plates/Razor Hole (it's on the Temple side of the main thoroughfare, not the Mage's/Fighter's Guild side).
Old October 18, 2002, 19:15   #342
Tuberski

Thanks, I'll check when I get home. I probably passed it a couple of times.
Old October 21, 2002, 20:36   #343
Tuberski

It doesn't show on the map, but I found it.

Then, of course, I had to find my staff of peace to give to him.

Lucky me, I went looking for Daedric shrines and just happened to find a Staff of Peace in a chest!
Old October 21, 2002, 22:26   #344
Thrawn05
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Tuberski
Lucky me, I went looking for Daedric shrines and just happened to find a Staff of Peace in a chest!
Randomly diving into shrines, dwermer ruins and the like are always cool. I have a complete collect of Dwermer stuff. Even two full sets of armor (no tower shield, I've read about it in the game, but didn't come accross it (DON'T TELL ME)).

I stumbled accross the bitter cup (being a collector, I saved it). I was able to grab the vampire ring. Boy, that ring rocks, too bad it takes forever to recharge. I sucked the life out of fargoth.
Old October 21, 2002, 22:54   #345
Jon Miller
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II MultiplayerRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliC4DG Vox
OTF Moderator

Local Time: 01:11
I don't go anwhere I do not find out about

it gives me more of the roleplaying feel

Jon Miller
Old October 22, 2002, 06:08   #346
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

::sigh::

Found the Ten Pace Boots finally, but my Argonian assassin found very little use for them.

Fortunately, he did find use for the 140,000 gold he got for bartering them away.
Old October 22, 2002, 08:57   #347
tinyp3nis
Prince

Local Time: 10:11
Quote:
Originally posted by Anunikoba
::sigh::

Found the Ten Pace Boots finally, but my Argonian assassin found very little use for them.

Fortunately, he did find use for the 140,000 gold he got for bartering them away.
Ten Pace Boots? What do they do?
Old October 22, 2002, 10:02   #348
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

They allow you to Jump when activated, IIRC. I sold mine as well.
Old October 22, 2002, 12:20   #349
LDiCesare
GalCiv Apolyton EmpireCivilization IV Creators
Emperor

Local Time: 09:11
Are those boots those you need a slow fall in order to survive afterwards? I found some like that once near a corpse after hearing "Aaaaaargh" from someone falling down from the sky.
Old October 22, 2002, 14:25   #350
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Those are Scrolls of Icarian Flight, and AFAIK there are only three in the game. The boots are safe to use, I just didn't find them very useful -- a ring of Constant Effect Levitation is much easier to control.
Old October 22, 2002, 23:33   #351
Thrawn05
King

Quote:
Those are Scrolls of Icarian Flight, and AFAIK there are only three in the game. The boots are safe to use, I just didn't find them very useful -- a ring of Constant Effect Levitation is much easier to control.

No joke. The first time I used that scroll, I slammed into Dagoth Ur's place and fell into the lava.

I HATE wood elves.

BTW: I wipped Vivec. He was such a sissy. Went and made myself a second wrathguard. I am a god in the game now.
Old October 23, 2002, 22:07   #352
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Vivec's easy if you're decked out with some uber-powerful magical protection, since he just sits there casting spells at you indefinitely. My character was able to take him out so long as I cast spells quickly enough -- I'd have to deplete my magicka fast enough that Vivec's spell wouldn't overflow my reserves, otherwise I'd be floored. He was definitely more of a challenge than the Ash Vampires or Dagoth-Ur.
Old October 23, 2002, 22:09   #353
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Oh yeah, I had a question: Has anybody found decently enchanted Greaves or Pauldrons? I don't think that I've found a single piece of either type of armor that had an enchantment on it already, and they're crap for Enchanting. (Greaves have a max enchantment of about 3, IIRC.)
Old October 23, 2002, 22:27   #354
Thrawn05
King

Quote:
Oh yeah, I had a question: Has anybody found decently enchanted Greaves or Pauldrons? I don't think that I've found a single piece of either type of armor that had an enchantment on it already, and they're crap for Enchanting. (Greaves have a max enchantment of about 3, IIRC.)

The only one I know of is a plug-in called the Greaves of Blinding speed, for those argonian and khajitt players who can't use the boots of blinding speed.

I'm not sure about the greeves, but I think the Adamantium pauldrons (offical plugin) have a high enough enchanting rate to at least do somthing. I havn't done any enchanting in a while, so trying to remember which armor is good for enchanting is hard. I wouldn't be suprised if a Daedric greave or pauldron would be the best. I forgot how I found the daedric greave , but the boots were from a vampire stronghold in Molag Amur.
Old October 23, 2002, 22:38   #355
Thrawn05
King

I have a question here:

Is it possible to free slave cattle from vampire bases? I can't seem to find a key in any of them.

Also, has ANYONE been able to finish that siege at firemoth mod? I know I wipped vivec but this is insane! I lost all three companions before I even got to the fort!
Old October 24, 2002, 09:33   #356
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

I have never been able to free slave cattle, and I'm pretty sure that it's not possible. They don't even have keys for the cattle at the vampire strongholds.
Old October 24, 2002, 11:42   #357
Thrawn05
King

Quote:
I have never been able to free slave cattle, and I'm pretty sure that it's not possible. They don't even have keys for the cattle at the vampire strongholds.

That figured, I was hopeing to quickly get into the twin lamps group, but I guess I'll have to settle for releasing slaves illegaly.
Old October 24, 2002, 11:46   #358
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

You can also buy slaves at some places and then release them. It's completely above-board, and you still get into the twin lamps. (Prices are fairly reasonable, IIRC it was 1000 per slave).
Old October 24, 2002, 15:46   #359
Thrawn05
King

Quote:
You can also buy slaves at some places and then release them. It's completely above-board, and you still get into the twin lamps. (Prices are fairly reasonable, IIRC it was 1000 per slave).
D'Oh! Forgot about that.

Loin, I think you should consider asking Markos, DanQ, Rah, and MTG to vote for you as Horator of the Great House of Apolyton. Of course you'll have to kill Ming, since he'll never vote for you.
Old October 24, 2002, 16:18   #360
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

BTW, if Vivec was too easy for you to kill, try taking out Divrayth Fyr. He's still got the same penchant for spellcasting, but isn't scared to resort to using his Daedric dagger when the going gets tough, plus he's covered from shoulders to toes in Daedric armor. I damn near broke my sword on his hide.