Old November 21, 2002, 14:55   #421
tinyp3nis
Prince

Local Time: 10:11
Local Date: November 1, 2010
How do I resurrect NPC's? I killed the master enchanter (I also think he attacked me first, don't know why ) and only found out later it was him. So I saved and now I have to resurrect him. I tried to use the console in game and typed "resurrect qorwynn" (his ID) but it did not help. Do I have to use the TES thing?
Old November 23, 2002, 09:10   #422
Rogan Josh
Prince

Local Time: 08:11
How do you guys sell your (unwanted) loot for money? I have aquired almost an entire set of ebony armour, but since I wear medium I want to sell it. The problem is, I can't find anyone with enough money to sell it to (unless I seetle for a much reduced price).

Is there some sort of amour exchange programme for adventurers that I am missing?
Old November 23, 2002, 13:34   #423
Chowlett
Alpha Centauri PBEM
King

Local Time: 07:11
You do various things with creeper. The least time consuming is to adjust his stats so that has more cash. If you're playing a purist's game, however, you will have to perform the follwing manouvre.

Find stuff worth a lot of money, but in small chunks (dwemer coins are top for this). Sell it to creeper. If he runs out of money, wait 24 hours, and he gets it back.

Once it's all sold, wait 24 hours. Then buy the items you just sold, and sell the armour. Since it's a part-exchange, if you sold enough first time round creeper has enough cash to close the deal.

Now wait again, and sell all the junk back to him if you so desire.
"They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara
Old November 24, 2002, 13:18   #424
Thrawn05
King

Local Time: 02:11
Quote:
Originally posted by Chowlett
You do various things with creeper. The least time consuming is to adjust his stats so that has more cash. If you're playing a purist's game, however, you will have to perform the follwing manouvre.

Find stuff worth a lot of money, but in small chunks (dwemer coins are top for this). Sell it to creeper. If he runs out of money, wait 24 hours, and he gets it back.

Once it's all sold, wait 24 hours. Then buy the items you just sold, and sell the armour. Since it's a part-exchange, if you sold enough first time round creeper has enough cash to close the deal.

Now wait again, and sell all the junk back to him if you so desire.
I recommend Sixth House (House Dagoth) Bell Hammers. They are worth 5000 septims and since creeper ALWAYS gives you exact prices... they are good to go back a forth.

Of course, some things can't be sold because they are too pricy. Daedric and some enchanted armor/weapons come to mind. At least Tribunal added a Sell max button.
Old November 30, 2002, 18:45   #425
Imran Siddiqui
staff
Apolytoners Hall of FameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team

Local Time: 03:11
Gotta question for ya (Spoiler, of course).

I just went back to the game and played a bunch the last few days and the Urshaluku just named me Nerevarine. Does this mean the Redoran, Hlalu, and Telvani guards are going to attack me, or just the Ordinators in Vivec, etc.?
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- John 13:34-35 (NRSV)
Old November 30, 2002, 20:10   #426
Thrawn05
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
Gotta question for ya (Spoiler, of course).

I just went back to the game and played a bunch the last few days and the Urshaluku just named me Nerevarine. Does this mean the Redoran, Hlalu, and Telvani guards are going to attack me, or just the Ordinators in Vivec, etc.?
Redoran, Hlaalu and Telvanni won't attack you. Ordinators WILL IF you talk to them. I suggest you don't, because once an Ordinator (and High Ordinators) starts attacking, THEY ALL ATTACK. And will not stop. You basicly screwd the game up.

Temple servents will not talk to you... so if you're in the temple, don't bother until you speak with the false god.
Old November 30, 2002, 20:37   #427
Imran Siddiqui
staff

Ok, thanks .

I normally don't speak with Ordinators or Guard anyway .
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
Old November 30, 2002, 20:57   #428
Chowlett
Alpha Centauri PBEM
King

Hmm, must reinstall this - it disappeared when I had to reinstall Windows. Still have the saves though.
"They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara
Old November 30, 2002, 22:47   #429
Ramo
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

I don't suppose anyone can tell me where I can find a bloke named Neminda (I think) who lives in a city called something on the lines of Ard'Dunur (I'm pretty sure it's Ard'- somethingororther). I'm a newly recruited Hlaalu, disguised as a Redoran, and have to get some package from Neminda.

I've tried to go to the Manor part of Ard'-blah, which I seem to have been suggested, but the doors in the central junction, excluding the one that leads back out, are "re-inforced."
"Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
-Bokonon
Old December 1, 2002, 00:20   #430
Imran Siddiqui
staff

Al-druin? (or something)

It's the house seat of House Redoran, Neminda (sp?) is in the BIG crab shell and keep doing straight (on the top level) until you get to House Redoran chambers. She's right there.

If you need more help:

www.gamefaqs.com
Old December 1, 2002, 01:45   #431
Ramo
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Yeah, that's it. The problem is, when I try to go to the House Redoran chambers, the doors are "reinforced," and I can't seem to be able to get in.
"Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
-Bokonon
Old December 1, 2002, 03:49   #432
Imran Siddiqui
staff

Excuse me? That shouldn't happen.

House Redoran Council, has three doors in Skar (The Manor District). Go through either one of them... then walk straight until you get to Nemida and speak the code.
Old December 1, 2002, 12:07   #433
Thrawn05
King

Ald-Ruhn, follow the roads north of Caldera. Take the backroads if you are a combat class, since it's shorter but more Cliff Racers, otherwise take the main road.

Neminda is the Redguard in the council chambers under Skar.

I think the building with the Reinforced door is a House Redoran quest... the one when you have to kill all the Corprus Beasts in a counciler's manor.

Do the B-Day Dance!
Old December 1, 2002, 12:11   #434
Thrawn05
King

I got a question. After my last corrupted game, I decided not to play as a Nord Warrior again, so I went and made a Altmer Atronach Mage.

ANY suggestions for me? Because I'm been spending the past week sitting by a building in Seyda Neen asking for money so I can goto an alter to restore my magicka.

Do the B-Day Dance!
Old December 2, 2002, 06:41   #435
Scouse Gits
lifer
Civilization II PBEMTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Go huntin', shootin' & fishin' along the Bitter Coast - lots of flowers, mushrooms, crabs and kollops (oysters with pearls) - enough to get a decent starting stash - you have done the tax collector quest?

SG[1]
Old December 2, 2002, 12:04   #436
Drew Dude
Settler

I've just bought this and I have just started playing (about 3hrs so far) as a Monk - 2 of its major skills are unarmoured combat and hand-to-hand fighting. Now I've not got far but-

1) If you use unarmoured combat I assume you can't use any sort of armour if you want this skill to go up so will your armour class improve as your skill goes up. Or is it more invisible than that - your armour class stays the same but you just become harder to hit

2) How do you know how well your hand- to-hand damge is progressing? If you buy a sword you can get info about thrust, slash damage etc. How do you get similar info on your fists.
Old December 2, 2002, 18:30   #437
Thrawn05
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Drew Dude
I've just bought this and I have just started playing (about 3hrs so far) as a Monk - 2 of its major skills are unarmoured combat and hand-to-hand fighting. Now I've not got far but-

1) If you use unarmoured combat I assume you can't use any sort of armour if you want this skill to go up so will your armour class improve as your skill goes up. Or is it more invisible than that - your armour class stays the same but you just become harder to hit

2) How do you know how well your hand- to-hand damge is progressing? If you buy a sword you can get info about thrust, slash damage etc. How do you get similar info on your fists.
1: No armor period. Wearing armor will actualy make you more weak. Armorer skill is the skill of taking prongs and hammers and fixing your weapons and armor yourself.

2: You can't. The more you progress in that skill, the more likely you can knock someone or somthing out so you can damage their health.
Old December 2, 2002, 18:35   #438
Thrawn05
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse Gits
Go huntin', shootin' & fishin' along the Bitter Coast - lots of flowers, mushrooms, crabs and kollops (oysters with pearls) - enough to get a decent starting stash - you have done the tax collector quest?

SG[1]

The Seyda Neen quests are second nature to me, and I basicly do them automaticly.

Since I use the console to set timescale to realtime, once I pick a flower it's basicly done with. Oh well. I joined the Imperial Cult, and now I'm dirt poor. I got a half a mind to keep some of that alms for the poor.

I'm kicking creature butt... but is there a good spell or custom spell I can make that make short work of Cliff Racers? Once they hit me once I'm dead, since I keep difficulty at 100 at all times.
Old December 3, 2002, 04:41   #439
Drew Dude
Settler

2: You can't. The more you progress in that skill, the more likely you can knock someone or somthing out so you can damage their health.

Right - I see. So will there be anything I won't be able to knock out i.e. will I need a weapon skill as well for certain creatures
Old December 3, 2002, 10:24   #440
Thrawn05
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Drew Dude
Right - I see. So will there be anything I won't be able to knock out i.e. will I need a weapon skill as well for certain creatures
It's always good to be good at everything. It depends how much you leveled up. If you want to complete the main quest (blades), then I suggest some time devoted to Short blades and Blunt weapons and some Medium Armor skill.

I see that Monks also are skilled in Marksmen. I suggest you buy a bow and some arrows.
Old December 5, 2002, 11:18   #441
Thrawn05
King

Although this doesn't really effect Xboxers (other delaying a "Gold Editition" that not only has MW but also Tribunal and possibly other XPs for MW), but there is a rumor that there is another XP for MW. I posted it in the Tribunal page, and if you are interested, Click Here
Old December 7, 2002, 16:17   #442
reds4ever
Prince

Local Time: 08:11
i've just got this game for my XBox and i'm on my first character (level 8, redguard, battlemage), how will the game differ if i start with different characters? ie not doing the same starting quests over and over again?
Old December 7, 2002, 19:08   #443
Thrawn05
King

Quote:
Originally posted by reds4ever
i've just got this game for my XBox and i'm on my first character (level 8, redguard, battlemage), how will the game differ if i start with different characters? ie not doing the same starting quests over and over again?
Well, anything that deals with the Blades is considered a "Main Quest", and so you can't change that.

Basicly you can do whatever you want, though some choices are going to take longer. Since you are a battlemage, the Mage Guild and Fighters guild might be worth the look. The Imperial Legion close behind them.

I used to play a Nord Warrior alot, but now I'm playing an Altmer Mage born under the Atronach, it's a lot harder IMHO, but at least I didn't have to repeat the Fighters Guild quest all over again.

The problem is, is that along the main quest, you're going to need some skills that you may or may not have as a major or minor one. So you want to plan, and make sure you try to increase as many attributes as possible (luck is the exception, that can stay at 40). For example, since I'm a mage, I still wear a imperial chain mail and have a steel longsword. I take a few hits to increase my Medium armor skill, which will give me a endurance bonus the next time i level up, and swinging longswords at kwama foragers and scribs will do the same for strength.

Basicly what I'm saying, is that it's like chess, you start off pretty much the same way, but from there it can change depending on what you do. No two games are ever alike, even if you start a new Redguard battlemage. Just remember don't charge in like an orc on steriods and you'll do fine.

At some point, you'll find that your Redguard is just too good (circa level 40+). This is the point where you want to join (if you didn't do somthing bad to them indirectly) other factions. Such as Morag Tong or Theives guilds. Also, freelancing and roaming around finding new places. Also, reading books are always a good idea, they give you a good idea on the background on the main qust and the history of Morrowind. Who knows, YOU might figure out what the heck happened to the Dwemer.

Welcome to the imperial province of Vvardenfell!

EDIT: Some spelling corrections.
Old December 7, 2002, 19:14   #444
Thrawn05
King

Speaking on books, for those who hate reading them in game, I suggest this site:

Tamriel Timeline

It has about 90% of the books online, as well as a compelete Timeline!

Also maps from ESI: Arena and ESII: Daggerfall.
Old December 9, 2002, 02:49   #445
ravagon
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 15:11
Hmmm ... Question for anybody who's joined the supreme and almighty house Telvanni...
The stronghold requires a couple of "strong" souls (Storm atronach or greater or so he said) and I was given a couple of grand soul gems.
Now Storm atronachs will actually fit into greater soul gems - rather than the two, better, grand soul gems I was given for the task.
Can I entrap a couple of these into a pair of greater soul gems and save the two grand soul gems for later?
Anybody?
Old December 9, 2002, 06:04   #446
Ramo
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Imran and Thrawn, I'm following y'all, but there's something odd with the doors inside the skar. All of the doors excluding the one that lead out say they're "re-inforced" (or something to that effect), and don't do anything when I try to open it, including the three that lead to the House Redoran chambers.

I take it, it has something to do with the ghosts? Is there a particular time of the day I should try (I've tried around noon and around midnight)? Is there some sort of key I need?
-Bokonon
Old December 9, 2002, 12:08   #447
Thrawn05
King

Quote:
Originally posted by ravagon
Hmmm ... Question for anybody who's joined the supreme and almighty house Telvanni...
The stronghold requires a couple of "strong" souls (Storm atronach or greater or so he said) and I was given a couple of grand soul gems.
Now Storm atronachs will actually fit into greater soul gems - rather than the two, better, grand soul gems I was given for the task.
Can I entrap a couple of these into a pair of greater soul gems and save the two grand soul gems for later?
Anybody?
No, Greater Soul Gems that have either a Storm Atronach or Golden Saint (the only two you can use for this mission) are NOT poweful enough. You need to use the Grand Soul Gems... sorry.
Old December 9, 2002, 12:12   #448
Thrawn05
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramo
Imran and Thrawn, I'm following y'all, but there's something odd with the doors inside the skar. All of the doors excluding the one that lead out say they're "re-inforced" (or something to that effect), and don't do anything when I try to open it, including the three that lead to the House Redoran chambers.

I take it, it has something to do with the ghosts? Is there a particular time of the day I should try (I've tried around noon and around midnight)? Is there some sort of key I need?
I don't know anything about doors that won't open under skar. There is a locked council-woman's house outside skar, but that has corprus stalkers in it, and is a Great House Redoran quest.

There is a door behind a carpet in Venom's manor, but again, Great House Redoran quest. That one has someone son's locked up in there.

IDK, perhaps it's another Xbox bug or somthing 'cause I have the PC version and never seen anything like that.
Old December 10, 2002, 04:49   #449
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Local Time: 00:11
I still play this game. It's hard to find time.

I made a possible mistake and specialized in medium armour. I read part of the gamespot guide and they say not to take medium armour.

I already restarted once, I don't want to have to do it again.

But I may restart and make a heavier fighter with just a sprinkling of magic use.
Old December 10, 2002, 10:51   #450
Thrawn05
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Dissident
I still play this game. It's hard to find time.

I made a possible mistake and specialized in medium armour. I read part of the gamespot guide and they say not to take medium armour.

I already restarted once, I don't want to have to do it again.

But I may restart and make a heavier fighter with just a sprinkling of magic use.

I don't what the guy at gamespot is smoking... but Medium Armour is very viable skill. Wrathguard I believe is MA, so having this skill would be a good idea. Plus... HAVE YOU EVER SEEN THE BONE ARMOR?!?!? That should be reason enough to have this skill. And for Tribunal, the Royal Guard armor is really kickin'

Sure, in both MW and Tribunal, Daedric armor is the best, but I never use it because of it's weight.