Old September 2, 2002, 16:08   #91
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 03:11
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Chowlett
I'm now rolling in it. What do people recommend for enchantments, in order of priority? Bear in mind I'm a dark elf, so Fire resist in particular is not necessary. I also have two Golden Saint scrolls, and some grand gems, so strictly speaking I have the ability to make Constant effect, twice.
I enchanted a ring to give Constant Effect water breathing and swift swim. It really helps to explore underwater regions (like Boethiah's shrine) when you never need to worry about drowning. I also enchanted a ring to give Constant Effect levitation, and I'd wear it whenever I wanted to travel long distances over mountains or lava or whatever have you. Saved on spell points in the long run.

The more combat-intensive enchantments are always better when they're on an artifact, rather than on an item you enchanted yourself. I enchanted a Daedric Tower Shield to have a constant Shield spell on it, but Eleidon's Ward had a much better enchantment (not to mention AC boost). I never found artifact greaves or pauldrons, though, so these items are safe for enchanting if you're worried about creating items that may become obsolete.

Quote:
I also wonder if I know have enough information to answer Trebonius about the disappearance of the dwarves - but then again, it can't be that easy.
Who have you talked to about the Disappearance of the Dwarves, and what information did they give you? Did you find the appropriate books yet?
Old September 2, 2002, 23:45   #92
Jon Miller
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II MultiplayerRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliC4DG Vox
OTF Moderator

Local Time: 01:11
It seems to me that the game starts moving faster after you hit level 10 or so

I know that it seems like any quest is doable for me now, while earlier there were many I just had no chance on

Jon Miller
Old September 2, 2002, 23:46   #93
Jon Miller
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II MultiplayerRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliC4DG Vox
OTF Moderator

BTW, is it find to go about wearing the lord's mail, or will that get you in trouble (I suspect at some point the Imperials it was stpleon from will want it back)

Jon Miller
Old September 2, 2002, 23:47   #94
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

(I now have a glass long sword (magiced), oh is it nice)

but that means I need to find somewhere I can sell the other stuff, which will be a pain

Jon Miller
Old September 2, 2002, 23:48   #95
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

I joined every guild I could (except for House Telvanni, which I only joined later after I was certain that I was going to play a Mage type, and except for the Imperial Legion, since I hate the crappy armor they make me wear) early in the game and did their early quests. That way I got a whole slew of experience and cash (the latter just turned into experience, since I spent most of my money on training early on), after which I was ready to do the later guild quests (as well as strike out on my own and do a few Miscellaneous quests).
Old September 3, 2002, 00:14   #96
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

I have done mostly Misc quests

I only train skills which I don't use and want to use (so things like security, sneak, alchemy, and the like)

I would post my journal, but it would be too long (I keep a printed copy for notes and the like, the printed copy is 31 pages)

Jon Miller
Old September 3, 2002, 10:22   #97
OneFootInTheGrave
King

Local Time: 07:11
Whoaa... that's nice... but my journal has over 100, maybe 160 pages on there... who knows hopw many pages it would take... what about you loin?

Anywway... Creeper is in Caldera, he is a s???? you know that minor daedra that you can kill with bare hands if you wanted to - small white with pointy ears... at least from my memory...

Anyway as Loin says he is the guy with most money by default in the game 5000 gold septims and he buys everything at a fair value. Sooo I have modded the guy as per the advice form guys here and it is surely easier to play. Once you get at a level where you have too much stuff and bother too much to make Creeper buy it off you (like you have a 10000 GP armor and he has only 5000 by default - youhave to buy 5000 worth of goods to up his money to 10K and than sell him 10 K armor, wait a day until his money evens up, and sell him back what you initially bough to boost the money... getting you 10k worth of armor) it is probably the easiest to just mod the guy and make him super rich which takes the hassle out and you get your money (that you would have got anyway fiddling around with him) much quicker.

So these days especially after the Ordinators annoyed me too much, the made me into a rich man as three of them are worth exactly 100K.

Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good.
Old September 3, 2002, 10:26   #98
OneFootInTheGrave
King

And yes he is in Caldera on the first floor in the Orcish house when you enter Caldera from Balmora direction, probably the second or third house on the right with the doors looking at your direction (ie.. to the entrerance of the town) - and the doors to the house are open.

It is actually in one of the screenshots that I posted early on in the previous thread (the house).

Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good.
Old September 3, 2002, 10:36   #99
Chowlett
Alpha Centauri PBEM
King

Quote:
Who have you talked to about the Disappearance of the Dwarves, and what information did they give you? Did you find the appropriate books yet?
I've spoken to the dwarf in the corprusarium about all topics. I've also noted the K-something's Tools document I was given, which does actually say how the dwarves disappeared. I hope I don't need to read Chirmavidium (or whatever), since I've just given it to a lady in the Vivec Mages Guild (oddly, Edwinna asked me to return from where I'd got it before she ever asked me to get it for her). What do I need to do?

And which part of Ebonheart are the imperial Guard in? I can't find anyone who knows about the deserter who stole the Lord's Mail.
"They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara
Old September 3, 2002, 10:43   #100
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

There are two books that you need for the Disappearance quest: The Egg of Time and Divine Metaphysics. When you find them, go talk to the dwarf again. (Both books are located in Dwemer ruins, and there's only one copy of each in the game. "Divine Metaphysics" is in Bethamaz, and "Egg of Time" is in Mzuleft.)
Old September 3, 2002, 12:39   #101
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

oh, I feel bad about being told about the creeper (I have not visited that house yet), but it is probably for the best

my journal in the game is over 160 pages long rightnow (165 or so I think)

Jon Miller
Old September 3, 2002, 13:12   #102
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by OneFootInTheGrave
Whoaa... that's nice... but my journal has over 100, maybe 160 pages on there... who knows hopw many pages it would take... what about you loin?
Mine wound up at around 500 or 600 pages. That includes most of the quests in the game except for Imperial Legion quests (because it was such a pain in the butt to take off my Dragonbone Cuirass and put on the crappy Imperial armor every time I wanted to talk to a legionnaire).
Old September 3, 2002, 14:48   #103
OneFootInTheGrave
King

Quote:
Originally posted by loinburger

Mine wound up at around 500 or 600 pages. That includes most of the quests in the game except for Imperial Legion quests (because it was such a pain in the butt to take off my Dragonbone Cuirass and put on the crappy Imperial armor every time I wanted to talk to a legionnaire).

now we know - at least three times as many things to do as we have already done.

By the way I have found that Egg of time already and sold it - it was a grand I remember (to Creeper hopefully - as I modded him to accept all the items) if I ever want to do that quest, which sounds interesting. But can you tell me what to do with those keys that you get from treasure chests at Fry's? What do I open and do I have to fight Fry if I open whatever is to be opened?

Old September 3, 2002, 16:43   #104
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

The keys in Tel Fyr open the chests scattered around the Corprusarium and in Fyr's "office" in a certain order--it's kind of a puzzle. They're mostly filled with Dwemer coins and goblets, which are worth a pretty penny but not a fortune by any means. Eventually you can get Voldendrung, a fantastic warhammer, and the Crescent Moon, a fantastic two-handed sword, if you open all of the chests. Fyr won't attack you at any point, he gets a kick out of the whole deal.
Old September 3, 2002, 16:56   #105
November Adam
Prince

Local Time: 00:11
Allright loin I have to ask, do you have the official guide? Or are you hoping to a site for these spoilers?

If not you have on hell of a memory.
Old September 3, 2002, 17:00   #106
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

I don't need to remember it all when my Journal does it for me. (I just wish that there was a Journal mod that made the thing easier to organize...)
Old September 3, 2002, 17:03   #107
November Adam
Prince

aint that the truth!
Old September 3, 2002, 17:07   #108
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

I agree, that is why I printed them out, so I can have multiple entries easily seeable at once

Jon Miller
Old September 3, 2002, 17:29   #109
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

I also wish that there was a Spellbook mod so that I could organize that as well. Y'know, like instead of having nine different Open Lock spells, I could have one Open heading that I could expand out to show my nine Open spells. I've got so many spells in the book that it's a pain to have to scroll up and down constantly.
Old September 3, 2002, 18:40   #110
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

I have so many items and scrolls that it is a pain

Jon Miller
Old September 3, 2002, 23:11   #111
Qilue
King

Local Time: 17:11
I apologise if you already know the answers to these. :/

Quote:
Hey, anybody know where the father of the chick locked in Tel Fyr is? I rescued some girl from the storage room there, and she says "Go talk to my father about a reward, I don't know where he is though but you should ask Johnny Wutang" or something, but when I talk to Johnny Wutang (I forget his real name, he's some Redoran councelor) I don't get any dialogue options to ask where this chick's dad is at. Anybody know what I'm talking about? Is this some sort of Redoran house quest that I stumbled across or something?
West of Ald'Ruhn is a cave called "Milk". In there is a guy in Ebony armour. He's you man.

Quote:
Redoran Quest: dealing with the mudcrab problem. The directions to the guar herder's house ("leave Ald'ruhn for Gnisis. When you reach the hills, take first left fork, then first right. Herder is almost due west of Ald'ruhn") are a little too vague. Where the devil is she?
Take the north road from Gnaar Mok. On the map when the road stops sloping up and goes level just after leaving the Bitter Coast, turn due north and you should come across a farm. (I hope this seems clear)

Mark and Recall. In the bottom of the Balmora temple, there are two priest-merchants. One sells Mark and the other sells Recall.
Old September 4, 2002, 00:37   #112
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

I was actually over 180 (like 183) when I posted last

I am now at 190, but that is only beacuse the last 4 quests had two that took a while (in one I had to execute some legionaires, but if I got caught attacking them they would attack me and fine me 1000)

Jon Miller
Old September 4, 2002, 09:18   #113
Chowlett
Alpha Centauri PBEM
King

Quote:
And which part of Ebonheart are the imperial Guard in? I can't find anyone who knows about the deserter who stole the Lord's Mail.
I'm still asking this question, incidentally.
Old September 4, 2002, 10:25   #114
November Adam
Prince

In Vivec on the upper waist works of the foreign quarter is a lady who sells both Mark and Recall.
Old September 4, 2002, 10:26   #115
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

The Imperial Guard are in the castle, which can be a bit tricky to find. When you enter Ebonheart there's a large dragon-type statue on the docks. Go into the city by that statue, make a left (to go around the inn), a right, and another right through an arch. You'll see some steps to your left--go up those steps, and you'll see the castle proper straight ahead. (There's usually a guy in Templar (golden) armor standing on the catwalk up to the castle, that's how you know you're going to the right way).
Old September 4, 2002, 10:34   #116
November Adam
Prince

So I just spent a bit of last night in mage school, in Balmora.

I would by Kwama Cuttle and Scales from the Khajitt alchemist (she has 5 of each). Leave the barter screen, come back and find she had 5 of each again. So I just kept doing this. Kwama Cuttle has a value of 1, and scales a value of 2, but she liked me so I got it for less. Anyways I used all of these ingredients to train my alchemy. (It makes a potion of water walking). Then I would spend my money having her train me, she can train in enchant, conjuration, and alchemy. So after I spent all of my money training, I would sell the potions to her and get it all back! Rinse and repeat and before you know it you have gone up 5 levels (Granted this is because Alchemy, Conjuration, and Enchant are my major and minor skills). Not to mention that the other people in the Guild can train you in the other areas, so before you know it, with some education you can be uber-mage!
Old September 4, 2002, 11:20   #117
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Nov. Adam: You can also train up alchemy by eating ingredients, not just by making potions. (Just FYI, in case you find sacks and sacks full of saltrice and bonemeal like I always seem to do.)
Old September 4, 2002, 13:35   #118
November Adam
Prince

I know, you just can't make money off of eaten ingredients. Although you have a better chance of recieving the effects with a higher alchemy level.
Old September 4, 2002, 13:50   #119
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by November Adam
I know, you just can't make money off of eaten ingredients.
True. I just couldn't imagine turning all of my ingredients into potions, when I had so friggin many ingredients that I had no intention of using. (The only potions I never needed, and hence the only potions I ever made, were Restore Magicka potions. That left an awful lot of leftover ingredients.)
Old September 4, 2002, 14:49   #120
Chowlett
Alpha Centauri PBEM
King

Yeah, which part of the castle? I found that (the council chambers and Imperial Shrine parts, anyway). I'll have to have a look for the bit I missed.