Old October 19, 2002, 22:22   #121
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 02:15
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Yes. We had bought economics fairly cheap from the Germans while renegotiating peace so we were able to trade that for chem and get another tech cheaply.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old October 20, 2002, 23:35   #122
Ehecatl Atzin
Settler

Local Time: 23:15
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Cool!

So when you say mainland Persia, do they still live on an island somewhere? what do you plan to do with oyur newly aquired cities? a great debate has come up in our forums wether to change captured city names or not, do you plan to change the names?

Ehecatl Atzin
Old October 20, 2002, 23:44   #123
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Mainland Persia = Persia's main group of cities. There were some off far away in near Germany and north of England.

We change the city names. Paris was renamed Here It Is, after our president at the time.

Not all the Persian cities have been renamed though.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old October 23, 2002, 17:58   #124
disorganizer
Prince

Local Time: 07:15
NEWSFLASH
WE DECLARED WAR!

I herewith announce Fanatika declared its first war in history!

The new status is shown in the 1st post of the embassy with our warflag.

Disorganizer
Former Ambassador of Fanatika
Head of Fanatikan UN Delegation

Visit the Rebel Pub and Brewery in Bavaria, Fanatika!
Old October 23, 2002, 18:00   #125
Ehecatl Atzin
Settler

Local Time: 23:15
Local Date: October 31, 2010
War has swept the Fanatikan plains! we have declared war to the aztecs. All diplomatic channels have been severed. The Fanatikan Embassy urgently sugests all of the Apolytonian turists in aztec lands to leave.

Ehecatl Atzin
Old November 5, 2002, 14:36   #126
stuck_as_a_mac
PtWDG2 Monty Python
Settler

A bump! CFC is acting weirdly, so it looks like we will be crashing here for a while.
SaaM
Old November 5, 2002, 14:39   #127
CivGeneral
Never Ending StoriesTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HivePtWDG2 Monty PythonApolyton University
Warlord

The Forums have been acting strange today. Expect a flood of people from CFC.

- CivGeneral (AKA CivFan01)
"All your base are belong to us" -Cats | "You don't leave an enemy at your back. Not if you like living." - Mara Jade | "You know the first rule in combat? ...shoot them before they shoot you." - Faye Valentine
Old November 5, 2002, 15:14   #128
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 01:15
Was this some trap laid by the treacherous Aztec's? Or is there some new foe on your borders yet unknown to Apolytonia?

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old November 5, 2002, 15:43   #129
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 09:15
[mad ranting]
When the CFC forums go down the CFC people come to Apolyton's forums and hog all the bandwidth. I tell ya, one day Apolyton is gonna go down too because of this and then all the people from both Apolyton and CFC will come to another Civ forum which will also go down and the chain reaction will continue until the entire Internet collapses and then we'll all live in caves again!!
I tell ya, Al Gore should have invented a better Internet.
[/mad ranting]
- Phantom of the Opera
Old January 17, 2003, 20:47   #130
Zarn
Chieftain

The Fanatikan forces have pushed into and liberated out of all it's northern cities from the evil Indians, but one. It will be liberated, shortly, I believe(I think it's Satsuma). We are now deciding whether to take peace or a few of their own cities.

-Lord Master Zarn of the Jedi Knights, Ambassador to Apolyton, and Census Leader of Fanatika.
Old January 17, 2003, 21:07   #131
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Zarn
-Lord Master Zarn of the Jedi Knights, Ambassador to Apolyton, and Census Leader of Fanatika.
* President Arnelos senses the presence of the opposition

All praise the Great Banana, the physical manifestation of the g0dZ of Apolyton.
Old January 17, 2003, 21:23   #132
Zarn
Chieftain

No, no. I'm not here to destroy your banana god. I'm just here to give you updates to Fanatika and bring messages to Fanatika from here. Religion is not a matter here. That includes the Jedi Council of Fanatika.

-Lord Master Zarn of the Jedi Knights, Ambassador to Apolyton, and Census Leader of Fanatika
Old January 18, 2003, 16:39   #133
Zarn
Chieftain

We have liberated all our cities from India. Now, we are Pushing our war machine into India. It seems peace is not an option at the moment. We are also at war with Babylon, who is not showing much of a threat at this point.

-Lord Master Zarn of the Jedi Knights, Ambassador to Apolyton, and Census Leader of Fanatika
Old January 18, 2003, 17:13   #134
roadcage
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Prince

We must be wary of these Fanatikans, for the Science Advisor says they are a backward people. It is year 980 ad (their convention) and are just beginning to research Metallurgy. Meanwhile several of their opposing leaders are sporting Industrial age togs.

We want to work out a deal here as they do have a surplus of Gems. Unfortunately, they do not show up on our in-game diplomatic screen so significant incantations to the GodZ and the casting of many SpellZ are indicated.
Old January 18, 2003, 18:06   #135
Zarn
Chieftain

Why can't you be civil, if you are so advanced. I happen to be a Apolytonian citizen as well.
Old January 18, 2003, 19:01   #136
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Welcome, Zarn
Old January 18, 2003, 20:58   #137
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
No, no. I'm not here to destroy your banana god.
Perhaps you did not notice that you are a Jedi and President Arnelos is a Sith by obvious appearance of his avatar?
Old January 18, 2003, 21:51   #138
Zarn
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb

Perhaps you did not notice that you are a Jedi and President Arnelos is a Sith by obvious appearance of his avatar?
I'm not suppose to know that. You know, the thing I don't know.
Old January 23, 2003, 17:17   #139
Zarn
Chieftain

Well, two Fanatikan officials may be under public investigation for changing build queues to benefit the military. The two blamed were Vice President Octavian X and General Falcon02. In defense, they said that they were changing the queue to build defensive units rather than offensive units to protect the cites. The VP and general techincally broke the law, but public opinion says (so far) that they should be off the hook. It was only one turn of building and was for the benefit of defense. I personally think that the cases should be dropped. I'll tell you the results, when I get them.

Old January 23, 2003, 17:33   #140
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Hmm... interesting. We've had some scandals over large decisions (for example, signing MPPs not approved by senate), but build queues and city orders in general have mostly been followed.

Of course, during the first few terms, our city planner was AWOL most of the time (and he even got reelected because no one else ran ), so the president and turnchatters had to make some decisions on the spur of the moment. We might have had some similiar scandals if cities were actually being given orders back then.
Old January 23, 2003, 19:54   #141
Arnelos
Emperor

Changing a build queue has generally been considered so minor of an "offense" in our DG that it's FULLY excuseable if the President or whoever did the change can give a justification that not changing it would have been "greatly detrimental to the national interests" or whatever the line in the Constitution is.

Singing unapproved alliances with the AI, on the other hand... that had more reason to be a major scandal...

I'm glad we don't have scandals over build queues.... You have any IDEA how many presidents and vice presidents we would have impeached? Quite near to ALL of them, just based upon honest mistakes alone! (I don't think I ever messed up a build queue, but I remember some of my predecessors doing so ).
Old January 23, 2003, 22:33   #142
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 04:15
I can see my name in the headlines...
Old January 23, 2003, 22:56   #143
Zarn
Chieftain

There is going to be an investigation against the VP and the general. It's confirmed, now. I hoped that it would have died down right away, but it's seems to be just starting up. Hopefully, it's just a slap on the wrist, because these officials are great at their jobs. The governor of the province blurted that he would have built an aqueduct if he knew General Falcon did not want calvary troops. So, he is mad, apparently. I'm surprised everyone took it so seriously.

Old January 23, 2003, 23:17   #144
Arnelos
Emperor

Zarn,

Well, I have an interesting perspective on it... I was the equivalent position to that governor in our scandal. I was the Foreign Affairs Minister who wrote the senate bill and wrote the orders that were ignored by the person running the chat. But even though I was pissed at the time and signing alliances with the AI is a good bit more serious than messing up a single build queue, I STILL didn't bring charges against the President. I raked him over the coals when he ran for President again, but I didn't bring charges against him... he's a good guy and ultimately I agreed with the geopolitical reasoning behind his decision, just not the method.

It's in our history now and it's been safely taken care of and ended. I hope you guys are able to patch things up as well... while making sure that your officers obey the rules is VERY important, it's also important to eventually have people promise they won't do it again, calm everyone down, and move on. I hope you guys see that end of it
Old January 23, 2003, 23:59   #145
Zarn
Chieftain

Thank you, Arnelos, but there might a judicial review. This time it is against the current Domestic Leader, FionnMcCumhall, putting the government into anarchy to check the number of turns it would take to change government. The official did it on a past save, so it won't be a full public investigation. The Judiciary has to check our laws to see if it is even a crime. It's horrible right now. We were just coming on top in warfare and this starts. The Executive Branch didn't have such a hard time before. The strange thing is that the Judiciary just seemed to be more aggressive. Hmmm. maybe with the current D. Leader in trouble, I could run again for D. Leader for next month. I never lost that race before. I just hadn't run for it in a few months. I might not have the support I use to have with all the new members. Back on topic, I have no idea what the judiciary branch wants out of all this, but I really hope it ends soon.

Should I give them a message from Apolyton on the subject?

Old January 24, 2003, 00:23   #146
Arnelos
Emperor

Quote:
Should I give them a message from Apolyton on the subject?
No need for that. But if they want to see the light at the end of the tunnel, you can tell them we've been through similar and came out on the other side in reasonably good shape

btw...

You speak as though your judiciary has the power to start a case without someone bringing a grievance before them... is this true?
Old January 24, 2003, 00:30   #147
Zarn
Chieftain

Nay, they just never pushed into PI's like this. They have had a decent number of them, but I never seen anything like these ones. The PI's just seem to get more ridiculas, if you ask me.

Old January 24, 2003, 14:55   #148
Zarn
Chieftain

Fanatika is having its nominations right now. I decided to run for a governer position, myself. It's too early to tell who will be in what races. I'll tell you who is runnig for what later.

Old January 27, 2003, 22:41   #149
Zarn
Chieftain

Falcon may be off the hook. The vote is 14-13 in favor of not guilty. It looks like he used his Jedi powers.

People running in elections. I only included people that accepted nominations. Some incumbents are not rerunnig. "*" means the person is in The Jedi Council, the major religion of Fanatika. Octavian believes in a doughnit god. Grandmaster use to be a Jedi, but became a Spiritualist. I put it up for the fun of it.

Prez- Octavian X, Chieftess*, Donsig
Domestic- Donovan Zoi, Zarn*
Military- CivGeneral*, Donovan Zoi, Feodor Ardent
Foreign- CivGeneral*, eyrei
Science- gunning1*, Strider*
Culture- Plexus*
Trade- immortal, Strider*
Chief Justice- Naervod*
Public Defender- none
Judge Advocate- Immortal
North Province- Zarn*, Cyc
Southwest- none
Taliensin- Stuck_As_a_Mac*
Rhineland- Goonie, Cheetah
S. Doughnut- Ehecatl Atzin
Hafenland- none
Sugar and Spice- Grandmaster, Veera Anlai
MAG- Gingerbread Man
Old February 5, 2003, 23:17   #150
Zarn
Chieftain

Our former Domestic Leader, Fionn, has been suspended for illegal activity. All other PI's are dismissed. The elections are now over.

Current People in the Fanatikan Government

President:Chieftess
VP:Octavian X

Domestic Department
Leader: Donovan Zoi
Deputy:Zarn

Foreign Affairs Department
Leader:eyrei

Military Department
Leader:CivGeneral
Deputy:Eklektikos

Culture Department
Leader:Plexus (unopposed)

Trade Department
Leader:Immortal
Deputy:Strider

Science Department
Leader:Strider
Deputy:gunning1

Chief Justice:FortyJ

Judge Advocate:Immortal, Position resigned

Public Defender
No candidates for election

Hafen Land Province
No candidates for election

Montis Abeo Gramen Province
Governor: Gingerbread Man

North Province
Governor: Cyc
Deputy:Zarn

Rhineland Province
Governor: Goonie
Deputy:cheetah

South Doughnut Province
Governor: Ehecatl Atzin

Southwest Province
Governor: Falcon02
Deputy:SKILORD

Sugar & Spice Province
Governor: Veera Anlai
Deputy:Grandmaster

Taliesin Province
Governor: SAAM

Of course I am also your ambassador and the Census Leader. I don't know who are the ambassadors to other sites.