View Poll Results: Where should we settle ?
North 1 5.26%
North East 1 5.26%
East 8 42.11%
South East 2 10.53%
South 0 0%
South West 2 10.53%
West 2 10.53%
North West 3 15.79%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 4, 2002, 15:25   #31
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 04:19
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
I'm pissed off.

TKG, please remove that picture of our starting location. I would like to have at least *some* fun with the exploration part. It is forbidden to play ahead. That includes having a look at the Map of Planet with the special purpose of searching for the best colonization sites.
ok. i just thought it was ok since vlad posted the same picture in another thread.
Old September 4, 2002, 15:29   #32
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 09:19
Hmm. In that case I'll go yell at him. Excuse me for a minute.
Old September 4, 2002, 16:33   #33
moomin
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Local Time: 08:19
I wanna ring the sea as first priority. Keep the bases close and avoid all those red tiles like the plague. Do not go for the ridge - it'll take a freakin' millenium to get there.

Oh, and East.
Old September 4, 2002, 16:36   #34
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Quote:
Originally posted by moomin
Oh, and East.
That's ok for our next built colony pod. But thanks to DE we have a CP in the west. It would be a serious waste of time if we moved it back again.
Old September 4, 2002, 16:39   #35
moomin
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

In that case, why this poll to begin with? The issue seems pretty much settled. It's not like we can afford that pod doing a continental tour, after all.

Was there ever a vote on that pod's destination?
Old September 4, 2002, 16:42   #36
Maniac

No, though I suggested it. It still has to be decided where exactly we will found that second base. The most important contenders IMO are on that nutrient bonus, or one tile NW of that nutrient bonus. What do you prefer? My argumentation is a few post above.
Old September 4, 2002, 16:42   #37
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 07:19
moomin NO and thats the problem! and I agree with leaving the ridge for now to difficult
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old September 4, 2002, 16:50   #38
moomin
King

I personally dislike setting down pods on specials if I can avoid it, knowing how much they will eventually contribute with if properly managed, but this early I think your reasoning is sound.

I say go for the bonus with this pod.
Old September 4, 2002, 17:36   #39
Pandemoniak
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Location: of Xanadu, Scottish Section of the Apolyton Must Crush Capitalism Party
Quote:
I'm pissed off.

Pandemoniak, you're acting like a dictator. If you don't change your current ways, I might consider entering the next T&C elections after all. The way some Alpha Talents and Directors are running this democracy game is scandalous!
Quote:
Originally posted by DBTS PANDE just order constructing a second base without polling it! may i remind him that this kind of orders need to be polled for the location! (espaiselly so early in the game)
??!!?...

Okay, guys calm down... I posted that without waiting for your discussions because I missed the first deadline for the first base location, so because I didnt want it to happen again, and since DE has specified any deadline, I posted it ASAP.

About the Poll, it is far too late, since the Commissioner took the initiative to move our CP to the North, but the next CP will be sent East.

I hope I wont have to do that again, so I'll check carefully for our commisionner deadlines.

To Maniac :
IIRC, the technology of a pod allows the base to produce 2,000 Megatons of Nutrients, 1,000 Megaton of Raw Minerals, and 2,000 MegaWatts of Energy, whatever the tile. We do benefit of special ressources, even with our low technology that restrict our harvesting. This means it is better to build a base on a rolling arid land, and send workers on richer tiles.
Despite that, your argument about the raw minerals that could be extracted is a strong one. I hope I'll have the time to make a poll with option 1:On the northern Nutrient Bonus. Option 2:NW of that nutrient.
Old September 4, 2002, 17:46   #40
Maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by Pandemoniak
To Maniac :
IIRC, the technology of a pod allows the base to produce 2,000 Megatons of Nutrients, 1,000 Megaton of Raw Minerals, and 2,000 MegaWatts of Energy, whatever the tile. We do benefit of special ressources, even with our low technology that restrict our harvesting. This means it is better to build a base on a rolling arid land, and send workers on richer tiles.
Despite that, your argument about the raw minerals that could be extracted is a strong one. I hope I'll have the time to make a poll with option 1:On the northern Nutrient Bonus. Option 2:NW of that nutrient.
Unless my memory is hopelessly failing that would be 1000 Megawatts in a base tile, before taking any advantages like a river bonus or a nutrient resource into account, resulting in 4-1-1 or 2-1-2 as base tile. The 2-1-1 base production is by no means fix whatever the underlying tile.
Old September 4, 2002, 17:47   #41
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

you have to POLL the direction of the CP not listen to the people with the biggest voice in the thread! for the rest no problemo with what you all said
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old September 4, 2002, 17:59   #42
Pandemoniak
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Location: of Xanadu, Scottish Section of the Apolyton Must Crush Capitalism Party
Quote:

Unless my memory is hopelessly failing that would be 1000 Megawatts in a base tile, before taking any advantages like a river bonus or a nutrient resource into account, resulting in 4-1-1 or 2-1-2 as base tile. The 2-1-1 base production is by no means fix whatever the underlying tile.
Sorry, I mistyped.
Old September 4, 2002, 19:23   #43
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 04:19
i thought nutrient production was unaltered by founding on a rainy or nutrient tile....

i'd rather not put the base on the nut tile, so later we can condense/farm/crawl it, producing more nuts...unless this idea is fundamentally flawled somehow
Old September 4, 2002, 19:37   #44
AdamTG02
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Delian LeagueC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Prince

Local Time: 03:19
I believe that base production is 2-1-1 without Recycling Tanks regardless, but is altered by any resource bonuses (so building on the Nutrient tile would give us 4-1-1 and 5-2-2 after Tanks).

My memory is not extemely clear, though.
Old September 7, 2002, 07:41   #45
Maniac

It seems DE doesn't want to post a deadline for giving director orders.
Perhaps it's better to start a poll about the second base location then.
Old September 8, 2002, 02:33   #46
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 19:19
Since DE plans to hold a chat between 10pm GMT on Wed and 6am GMT on Thurs, wouldn't it be prudent to say that we get our orders in before this? Say 8pm GMT on Wed?

Just my thoughts - DE is unlikely to be up at 6am his time on Thrusday, and if he is, I'm sure he won't be playing any turns then.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!