Old September 2, 2002, 05:13   #1
XOR
Warlord

Local Time: 07:21
Local Date: November 1, 2010
What about the units?
I see there will be more UUs, which is nice, I can already predict one of the Civs being unfair because it's UU is abusively strong . But how about the already existing units? Will they improve the less virtuous (i.e. totally useless) ones?

I mainly want to know about these:
1. Cruise Missile: This looks more like a shortened range scud missile to me. (The addition of scud missiles would be nice BTW). But the current cruise missile is all weird, it does not load into submarines or carriers, it can be fired from anywhere on the ground, it fires barely at artillery range and it can take up to 3 of them to kill a tank.
2. Paratroopers: Jumping from airbases and non-airport cities and increasing their range to about 8 or 9 would make them nice. I was trying to mod that but I dont know how to do it...
3. Explorer: So useless that people use it to... pillage? And I cant imagine an explorer pillaging. I dont know how could it be improved, but I know it's not any usefull.
4. The submarines: They're so damn weak... They should be scary, maybe a bit fragile but definately very scary.
Old September 2, 2002, 05:27   #2
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 09:21
hi ,

the cruisemissile can be loaded on any unit that is flagged to cary tactical missiles , ....

the range can be increased , ...

the range of the paratroopers can be increased until 8 , ...

explorer , hide its nationality , give it an attack rate of 1 , and its fixed , ...

the nuclear subs , make them hold 8 tacticals , ...

put the barbarian naval unit as a destroyer , and you have elite subs in no time , ...

just look and play a bit with the editor , ....

have a nice day
Old September 2, 2002, 05:46   #3
XOR
Warlord

Local Time: 07:21
I really dont know much of how to use the editor, but I would like to know about the units in PtW because, even if I fix the submarines (8 missiles a bit too much) the game online will still be using lame submarines that cannot even take down a destroyer if the destroyer had its eyes closed.
Old September 2, 2002, 05:50   #4
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 09:21
Quote:
Originally posted by XOR
I really dont know much of how to use the editor, but I would like to know about the units in PtW because, even if I fix the submarines (8 missiles a bit too much) the game online will still be using lame submarines that cannot even take down a destroyer if the destroyer had its eyes closed.
hi ,

for that you shall have to wait a bit , .....

the editor , well look at these forums , but the best thing to do is to open it , and look at all the options , there is a great help section , ....

experience is the best school

have a nice day
Old September 2, 2002, 05:56   #5
Galvatron
Civilization II PBEMPtWDG Glory of War
Prince

Local Time: 01:21
Yes the editor is a wonderful tool to fix all the errors Firaxis made . Without it subs and paratroopers would really suck but I agree with you that the explorer just take away a unit slot as he is more or less useless another unit could be included instead of the exploring-guy.

Proud and official translator of Yaroslavs Civilization-Diplomacy utility.