Old September 2, 2002, 06:21   #1
Darkness' Edge
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Prince

Local Time: 18:21
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Directors Orders
Could all directors please post their orders here, in preparation for a turnthread?

ONLY DIRECTORS TO POST IN THIS THREAD
Old September 2, 2002, 06:31   #2
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 10:21
Director of Social Engineering: no orders needed. We won't have new SE choices until we get techs high enough (which won't happen for some time), and modifying the energy rates would produce no bonuses.
Old September 2, 2002, 07:25   #3
Vlad Antlerkov
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 01:21
Crawlers: N/A until we get Industrial Automation.
Rushing: Pointless at this juncture.
Worker placings: Depends on where we settle. If at our exact landing site, then work the square 2 NW, so we can get some growth going.

If East, work another rolling/moist square (unless there's a mineral resource tile that yields at least 1 food in addition to minerals).

If West/SW or North/NW, work any rolling/moist or rolling/rainy square. (Flat/rainy will do fine, if we don't have either.)
Old September 2, 2002, 08:15   #4
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 19:21
The build queue for the first Base will be

Garrison\Colony Pod\Formers (whenever we get the tech)\Scout

We shouldn't get as far as the fourth build, I hope.

We also shouldn't get a second base until we have polled on locations for it, even if the Colony Pod is built in the first turns.

That is all.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old September 2, 2002, 09:18   #5
Lemmy
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 09:21
That one scout should head north and pop the pod, and then continue exploring north-west popping every pod in sight, if it's not deep inside fungus.
<Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!
Old September 2, 2002, 10:18   #6
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 04:21
first tech: Centauri Ecology
Backup tech: Information networks

i authorise all tech trading (except biogenetics to the university) if we get a commlink in a pod.
Old September 2, 2002, 19:40   #7
Anodyne
Prince

Before we get a commlink in a pod or come across other factions in other ways - no orders

I guess my "powers" don't extend to mindworms.
Old September 3, 2002, 03:13   #8
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Realease our free scout patrol for exploration duty.
Old September 3, 2002, 16:27   #9
Pandemoniak
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Local Time: 07:21
Location: of Xanadu, Scottish Section of the Apolyton Must Crush Capitalism Party
Build our second base Northwest of the large northern nutrient field. And please tell whren the next turns are played, so that directors know the deadline limit for their orders.
Old September 3, 2002, 17:14   #10
Darkness' Edge
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Prince

At the moment, I'm thinking a turnchat at 5AM Saturday GMT.

It's the one chance I've got to hold a turnchat that I can make, at a time when (some) others should be able to make it.

Alternatively, I could play another round of turns before then.
Old September 3, 2002, 17:26   #11
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Five AM? Is that in the evening or in the morning? If the earlier - I think I can make it; if the latter - no way. Edit: OTOH, my presence is prolly not needed...
Old September 3, 2002, 19:04   #12
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

kass...5AM GMT...so,,,,7AM Kasstime?(or 8?)

that means 12AM GMT-5...hard to judge now, but i'd like to attend if i can. is there a plan B?
Old September 3, 2002, 20:38   #13
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 19:21
Quote:
Originally posted by Darkness' Edge
At the moment, I'm thinking a turnchat at 5AM Saturday GMT.

It's the one chance I've got to hold a turnchat that I can make, at a time when (some) others should be able to make it.

Alternatively, I could play another round of turns before then.
Hey! I can probably be there a while. 5am = 5pm here! Just before a night out, but assuming it takes less than 2 hours we'll be sweet.

/me can't believe his eyes - a turnchat that suits ME!!!!

At this stage of the game, I'd be more than happy to take on the responsibility of ensuring some other Directors' orders are carried out, in the strange event that other Directors can't make it (you all would live 12 hours plus behind, wouldn't you? ).

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old September 4, 2002, 02:49   #14
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Where would this turnchat be held?
Old September 4, 2002, 03:31   #15
Darkness' Edge
Prince

It'd have to be held on IRC...I'm not fussed which server, though.
Old September 4, 2002, 03:38   #16
Lemmy
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Spartans
King

5 AM GMT is 6 AM local time for me, so there is no way i'll make it, the earliest i can be there is 9 AM GMT, maybe 8
<Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!
Old September 4, 2002, 15:36   #17
Method
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkness' Edge
It'd have to be held on IRC...I'm not fussed which server, though.
anyone but DALnet...i'd be ok with most others (but undernet seems to like me and they have a thingy in montreal)

is there a plan B for a time?
Old September 4, 2002, 15:53   #18
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Eck, you mean seven o'clock in Saturday morning? What are you, nuts? Snowball's chance in I'lltellyouwhere I'll be there.
Old September 4, 2002, 17:39   #19
Pandemoniak
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Local Time: 07:21
Location: of Xanadu, Scottish Section of the Apolyton Must Crush Capitalism Party
5am GMT means 6am CET, on saturday morning. No way I can get up at this time. Maybe, Ill be still awake though.

Now, please post a deadline for the directors orders, so that we can plan our discussion and polls on time.

Thanx in advance.
Old September 4, 2002, 19:14   #20
Method
Emperor

here's an idea: 5PM GMT and you get up early/stay up