Old September 18, 2002, 00:38   #31
Darkness' Edge
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Prince

Local Time: 18:21
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Mellian
Okay, I have one issue and one idea:

idea:

Lets have citizens be Base Governors. that way, the government doesn't have to much control and the bases are fairly presented.

that way, citizens can state where they live and which base to support later, we can establish a sport league or something, like hockey, soccer and so on.

-Mellian
I'm really against this. I don't like the idea, even in the larger Civ3 game. As of now, we have no problems with the existing system, and especially while we're small, all the directors are perfectly capable of running their portfolio empire-wide. It would just complicate things unnecessarily.
Old September 18, 2002, 09:10   #32
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 07:21
agree with DE much to early in the game to discuss about
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old September 19, 2002, 20:03   #33
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 04:21
Quote:
Originally posted by DeathByTheSword
it 17th to begin. 24 to closing. 25 for voting and 28 until closing making it 2 to 3 days for transition time
then we're late. 19th to begin. 26th to closing. 27th for voting, 30th to closing, making 1 () day transition.

Be more aware of these things ALPHA TALENT DBTS.

(if you didnt get that...START NOMINATIONS!!!)

EDIT: Since you wont read this till tomorrow (unless DE does it) 20th to begin, 27th to closing, 27th to begin voting, and 30th to end voting. if we wait a day between nominations closing and voting beginning, we'll have no transition time
Old September 28, 2002, 18:58   #34
Darkness' Edge
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Prince

Just putting a note here for next time I, or someone else do work on the constitution, seeing this got raised in another thread and I don't want this to get buried...

if someone loses their election, are they allowed to run for AT (or DoSE if abstain wins for that matter)?
http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...59#post1330769
Old September 29, 2002, 05:36   #35
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

for me that is ok over the AT

with the under 50% vote because Abstains wins i dont like the situation so i will be abstain on that
Old October 4, 2002, 07:59   #36
DeathByTheSword
King

updated with article IV
Old October 5, 2002, 02:26   #37
Darkness' Edge
Prince

Quote:
updated with article IV
one down, two to go
Old October 5, 2002, 07:47   #38
DeathByTheSword
King

change article I and II i am working on the court
Old October 5, 2002, 07:55   #39
Darkness' Edge
Prince

does that mean you've implemented it?
Old October 5, 2002, 07:58   #40
DeathByTheSword
King

yes to all the changes the Darkness reforms are over! compliments on a tought job (i know ) and ofcourse to the CNN
Old October 6, 2002, 17:59   #41
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

now i suggested this during the darkness' reforms period, but it never got entered (or did it?)

"If a member of cabinet is inactive for a period of X days, without mentioning his absence ahead of time, he may be impeached"
or something.

also, there should be something in there about who is responsible for alien artifacts
Old October 6, 2002, 18:19   #42
Darkness' Edge
Prince

It didn't get entered. I decided that could wait for the next time someone decides to work on patching up the constitution.
Old October 7, 2002, 10:32   #43
DeathByTheSword
King

about that i havent heard anything from my alpha talent and pande for a long time!
Old October 8, 2002, 02:32   #44
Darkness' Edge
Prince

Pande's been around a bit, hasn't he?

...but I haven't seen Diablero at all.

This *is* covered by the consitution, isn't it?
Can't anyone start impeachment proceedings?
Old October 8, 2002, 05:30   #45
Pandemoniak
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Location: of Xanadu, Scottish Section of the Apolyton Must Crush Capitalism Party
Why impeach me ? Im just back from a dreadful weekend of four days where i was busy 23/24 hours a day ! I can start my work really, now that Im back
Old October 8, 2002, 09:05   #46
DeathByTheSword
King

i was not talking about empeaching Pande but was just wandering where you was but i want to talk about the AT if he doesnt tell anything here from him I will start empeachment on thursday
Old October 8, 2002, 15:40   #47
DeathByTheSword
King

i want to start nominations on the friday 11 and then have it open for 9 days up to the 20 then start elections on the 22 until the 25 this way is it layed over the entire term...what do you all thing?
Old October 8, 2002, 16:09   #48
Method
Emperor

i thing () maybe a bit too early. we don't need 6 days transition: 2 or 3 is enough. while i like the idea of having this going a bit longer, maybe start the 14th or 15th
Old October 9, 2002, 00:01   #49
Darkness' Edge
Prince

Too early.
I agree with the longer nomination period - but not that long. A government can't really operate in a transition period. We managed fine with the short transition period between the September cabinet and October cabinet - why change that?
Old October 11, 2002, 13:57   #50
DeathByTheSword
King

what do you think of stepping back from the 3 day polling to a 2 day polling? that we can hold 2 turns a week a small turnthread and a big chat on saturday. i am pushing for this a long time because i dont think that one turn a week is enough look at the forum it is completely boring. so i want to start that as soon as possible i have a week of from everything this week so i will be able to do a lot and i will look at constitution and the court for improvements i think some simple thinks still needs to be adressed like what to do when the AT is gone! and a AA but that will be next week first the change from 3 to 2 what do you all think?
Old October 11, 2002, 14:28   #51
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 09:21
The forum is boring because there are too little citizens. we really should recruit more people. Perhaps we could post ads in the general SMAC forum and CGN, and start a "Star Cult" in the Civ3 democracy game with the stars as our gods and of course with a link to this forum...
Old October 11, 2002, 18:23   #52
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 08:21
1 How many citizens do other Demo games elsewhere attract : Our last poll indicated between 18- 24 play this one.

Yet newbies join apolyton every day. Many look in at the demo game but don't grasp or are not interested in getting involved. A topped post about the game structure and procedures and rules should be there along with the UN constitution.

Plus there has to be a curtailment of spam in the threads. By spam I mean overuse of smilies as sole comment.

I mean when I check my email and it says KassmaniedgeTass has replied to a thread I've subscribed to and its the last unread message and I check it to find No doubt an apposite response to something 4 turns above but it's a waste.

Somebody new looking in finds this a turn off.

The screenshots are good idea; it is easier to relate to. sometimes the turn downloads don't work.
Old October 11, 2002, 20:10   #53
Method
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Hercules
Yet newbies join apolyton every day. Many look in at the demo game but don't grasp or are not interested in getting involved. A topped post about the game structure and procedures and rules should be there along with the UN constitution.
i agree i often wondered what democracy games were until DEdge started this one
Perhaps a new thread to be created: Constitution and FAQ, which would outline the procedures like you suggested, but keep the current constitution thread for changes/ammendments etc.

Quote:
Plus there has to be a curtailment of spam in the threads. By spam I mean overuse of smilies as sole comment.

I mean when I check my email and it says KassmaniedgeTass has replied to a thread I've subscribed to and its the last unread message and I check it to find No doubt an apposite response to something 4 turns above but it's a waste.
Solution: don't subscribe to threads the feature would work better if you could choose not to receive an email every time someone responded. maybe start a thread in the Apolyton/Community forum asking for such a feature

Quote:
sometimes the turn downloads don't work.
Markos fixed that problem. all .zip files work now

now DBTS, as i recall, one of your campaign promises was to attract more people to the game. have you tried posting threads at CFC or other forums?

Last edited by Method; October 11, 2002 at 20:16.
Old October 12, 2002, 02:31   #54
Darkness' Edge
Prince

Quote:
what do you think of stepping back from the 3 day polling to a 2 day polling? that we can hold 2 turns a week a small turnthread and a big chat on saturday. i am pushing for this a long time because i dont think that one turn a week is enough look at the forum it is completely boring. so i want to start that as soon as possible i have a week of from everything this week so i will be able to do a lot and i will look at constitution and the court for improvements i think some simple thinks still needs to be adressed like what to do when the AT is gone! and a AA but that will be next week first the change from 3 to 2 what do you all think?
Dude, wasn't this in the Darkness Reforms?
I'm sure - in fact I know I decreased the amount of polling time from 3 days to 2.

Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
The forum is boring because there are too little citizens. we really should recruit more people. Perhaps we could post ads in the general SMAC forum and CGN, and start a "Star Cult" in the Civ3 democracy game with the stars as our gods and of course with a link to this forum...
Agreed. Perhaps we also may want a webpage to attract any non-Apolytoners, people coming in from the web.

Quote:
1 How many citizens do other Demo games elsewhere attract : Our last poll indicated between 18- 24 play this one.
It just varies. The C3DG has masses of people, but it has got going. The C2DG is foundering a bit, but as their 2nd game gets going, we're getting the people back again. In this DG, we're somewhere in between the two.

Quote:
I don't think this does much good. It just adds to forum clutter - I think if we can get people to this forum, they can learn the ropes from there.

Take how I got involved with the democracy games. I'd been around Apolyton (the site, not the forums) for years, and I stumbled across a news update for the C2DG. I signed up, and I've been hooked ever since. I think we need to keep the news updates going to MarkG - they're one of our best forms of advertising.

Quote:

I don't see this to be much of a problem. In most other cases, it would be useless spam, but it does often show more clearly the support or lack of it for a particular proposal. I don't make these posts often - but I see them as being a necessary part of the game.

Quote:
The screenshots are good idea; it is easier to relate to. sometimes the turn downloads don't work.
I agree on the screenshots, but there's nothing we can do about the turn downloads. The .sav files are too big to post on their own - we have to compress them to post. The .zip file itself may be fine, but somewhere in the uploading/downloading, Poly stuffs it up. Case in point: the last save file I posted, everyone who downloaded it found it to be corrupt (including me, when I did so as a test). But if I load the original version off my computer, it works fine.
Old October 12, 2002, 02:34   #55
Darkness' Edge
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by TKG
i agree i often wondered what democracy games were until DEdge started this one
Perhaps a new thread to be created: Constitution and FAQ, which would outline the procedures like you suggested, but keep the current constitution thread for changes/ammendments etc.
That's not a bad idea. Perhaps untop the current thread, leaving it as a loose discussion thread, then have the official, topped, Constitution and FAQ thread, with no posts allowed?

Quote:
Originally posted by TKG
Markos fixed that problem. all .zip files work now
Ahhh, good to know. Ignore what I said above.
Old October 12, 2002, 02:46   #56
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Quote:
Take how I got involved with the democracy games. I'd been around Apolyton (the site, not the forums) for years, and I stumbled across a news update for the C2DG. I signed up, and I've been hooked ever since. I think we need to keep the news updates going to MarkG - they're one of our best forms of advertising.
An idea: perhaps we should ask if MarkG could post the CNN in the news updates section.
Old October 12, 2002, 03:18   #57
Darkness' Edge
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by GeneralTacticus An idea: perhaps we should ask if MarkG could post the CNN in the news updates section.
That would be really useful. Also, if people could write updates before and after elections, and during any major upheaval (such as a war), we may gain some more members. If it's good enough for the C3DG...
Old October 12, 2002, 09:27   #58
Method
Emperor

tass has told me the CNN has been abolished!

DE, are you still doing yours every 2 weeks?
Old October 12, 2002, 09:45   #59
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 08:21
OK good discussion
Old October 12, 2002, 09:50   #60
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 09:21
Hercules...