Old October 1, 2002, 07:25   #181
Dread_Doomfist
Chieftain

Local Time: 08:23
Local Date: November 1, 2010
mnbryan:

hmm..i think i wasn't very lucky or very good....as i changed my tactic..the game was easy...and the only thing that i can do, was waiting for the right moment to kick the AI...maybe...it was luck that the greeks (orange) gave me all of the advances in 1!!! turn.. :-)
the rest is history...build many eco-rangers, cyber-ninjas (for revolutions in the wonder-citys) and fusion-tanks to protect them...and kick the AI as fast as i can move and produce...
pink was no problem...early in the game i build few citys...only for produce nomads and coracles....jump over to the isle (the home of pink)...and build citys at the east-coast as fast as i can...in these citys i produce only warriors...and make 3 12-stack-armys...after a little bit hard fighting and refreshing my armys with new troops...i was able to get all of the pink citys except 1 on the main-continent...now..the island was mine.....and i could start to build up my infrastrcuture and city-improvements and disband the citys on the main-continent......some d-day-operations of the AI failed..(i knocked these little 4-stack-armys back into the ocean)....and thats it..i had my peace...for researching advances, building city-improvements and more.....
Old October 1, 2002, 09:07   #182
Maquiladora
Call to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power PBEMCall to Power Multiplayer
Emperor

Sounds like a great tactic, but not really possible without knowing the whole map before starting. By the time you had enough information about the map, the pinks would have colonised and secured the island. Are you gonna post the save Dread?

My game is around 180AD now, 31 cities, Tribunal Empire. I get the occaisional scare from the Persians and their annoying stacks, but i think its in the bag now. But im almost afraid to steal anymore technology knowing that i wont be able to upgrade my units if i steal an "upgrading tech", and i have plenty of cash to upgrade with.

Its also nice to see the AI conquering each other! I noticed the Nubians (dark red) have almost killed all the Egyptians (light blue) cities on their mainland, so the Egyptians fled across the water towards me and i bounced them back into the water with my Legions. Good game.
Old October 1, 2002, 11:04   #183
Dread_Doomfist
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally posted by Maquiladora
Sounds like a great tactic, but not really possible without knowing the whole map before starting. By the time you had enough information about the map, the pinks would have colonised and secured the island. Are you gonna post the save Dread?
hmmm...no...that's the point...after few turns ( maybe..20...don't know exactly) i meet a greek (orange) slaver.....i make a peace-treaty that he can't slave my city..and..ask for the map...and the greeks gave me the map...after this..i know, where the pink settles...and i see also...it's an island...believe me...you can see this really early in the game..if you meet the oranges..as quick as you can...uhmm..ok..not to fast..he needs also time to explore.. :;-)

yes..i have post my save-game...but it's locutus choice to take it for the official or unofficial ranking...

DD
Old October 1, 2002, 11:12   #184
Maquiladora
Call to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power PBEMCall to Power Multiplayer
Emperor

Well i think it can still be part of the ranking. I would certainly still like to see it there. I dont think it should be official though.
Old October 1, 2002, 19:27   #185
Shadow
Warlord

Local Time: 17:23
Here's my fragmented situation...

Now the fat lady's singin'...
Old October 1, 2002, 21:27   #186
mnbryan37
Warlord

Local Time: 01:23
DD

Yes you are good. I got the same information early indicating that Pink was on a seperate land mass, but it never dawned on me to abandon the main continent. and let the 4 AI's there battle it out. It wasn't obvious to me that Pink was on an island though, or I might have tried to re-locate there, knowing that things are much safer on a small land mass with only 1 or 2 AI's. My mistake was ignoring Pink while I just tried to survive fighting 4 AI's. Also I was totally unsucessful in trying to negociate trades for any advances with any of the AI's. I got Maps from them and even a treaty or two (which they promptly broke) but no advances.
Old October 2, 2002, 02:42   #187
Maquiladora
Emperor

What year is that shadow? Youre an awfully long way from the starting location! Egyptians (light blue) getting their butts kicked again too.
Old October 2, 2002, 03:34   #188
Shadow
Warlord

It's about 1200AD Maq.
Yeah, I've simply had all cities taken that I set up, and now I've got the half friendly pinks kind of buffering me from the rest of the planet. Pinks are the leaders.
My initial capitol doesn't even exist anymore... actually neither does my second capitol!

I recalled with an idea, or at least remembered a tactic that someone came up with above... if you can get a Trade Pact or some such thing, an AI will give you ALL of their advances in the one turn! So I'm trying desperately to get the pinks or light blues to sign a trade pact... but they're just not having it.

Anyway, I'll see what happens.
If I don't get them to sign soon I won't complete the game in time. Hmmm...
Old October 2, 2002, 03:39   #189
Shadow
Warlord

Any tips for diplomacy with the pinks people?

I'm not starting any wars (but I am continuing a few).
I'm holding receptions.
I've start trade routes between me and the pinks.
The next city I take from anyone I'm going to give to the pinks in exchange for a trade pact.
I give 100gold or my map nearly every turn.

Any other ideas?
Old October 2, 2002, 04:49   #190
Maquiladora
Emperor

Maybe give more gold alot less, say 500 gold every 5-10 turns and your map every 15-20 turns. Depends how active pink is gettiing with their troops, if theyre gathering at least one stack your gonna have to do alot of grovelling for a long time.

It would actually be a great idea to give pink loads of cities far away from their own, you can pinch from other AI's, because ive never seen the AI reject a city and if you give enough cities it could push their government max to breaking point and theyll have to reduce production/science to keep happiness, and you might eventually catch up.

Im guessing their in a modern/late medieval government by now, which is 40-50 max cities, and from that map it looks like theyve got 40-45 maybe.

Try to judge what type of cities are on that main island with you too. If theyre production cities (lots of mines/plains,mountains,hills) your best bet is to cripple their happiness, but if theyre growth cities, id just declare war and keeping beating at the gates.
Old October 2, 2002, 06:38   #191
Shadow
Warlord

Actually they seem to be quite friendly... only they won't give me anything. Fair enough I guess.

I've been busy researching Renaissance... and then I see a damn Space Plane cruise by...! LMAO

I'm finding that a lot of enemy cities that are defended are defended poorly. Usually only a tank or two, and maybe a machine gunner or artillery. I find that if I line up two 12 stacks of Arqebuisers(sp) and crossbowmen and attack, I can usually take the city. I'm slowly carving a line across the whole damn continent with this tactic!

Science will have to stop eventually, then we'll be limited to all units. Does that make sense...? Anyway, as soon as I get nukes I'm set... hehehe
Old October 2, 2002, 12:07   #192
centrifuge
Call to Power PBEMCall to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

Local Time: 00:23
If your past with pink is spotless, just try this...
be meek/humble and ask for a peace teaty, They will most likely reject, but as soon as they do threaten to declare war. My experience says they'll sign. After this do the same thing, except with military pact, trade pact, and alliance (get the alliance(this keeps them happy) so you'll need an embassy with them.
Old October 2, 2002, 15:42   #193
Maquiladora
Emperor

Just played a few more turns, with that October 10th deadline drawing closer. Thought this deserved a screenshot of the current action... with my final push to wipe the Greeks off the face of the Earth. They also have 10/11 garrison inside Athens and Argos i found out to my detriment

Theres actually another, more important city of theirs to the left, called Elis, it has 2 non-obsolete wonders, so thats my main aim really.

Old October 2, 2002, 15:43   #194
Maquiladora
Emperor

Apologies for the wideness BTW, just had to fit it all in
Old October 2, 2002, 15:59   #195
centrifuge
Prince

Maquiladora, Nice screen shot you are going to have quite the battle on your hands. Good luck. Not that you'll need it! It appears that you've got it under control, blue forces everywhere.

Might I suggest taking the barb cities first, to give you a "basecamp".
Old October 2, 2002, 16:10   #196
Maquiladora
Emperor

Ive tried taking those barb cities theyre full of crossbowmen and cavalry As long as they stay inside those cities id rather go for that Greek "Wonder city" first.

BTW you can expect more blue forces in our PBEM game
Old October 2, 2002, 16:21   #197
centrifuge
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Maquiladora

BTW you can expect more blue forces in our PBEM game
I no doubt realize that What are the chances that we would start right next to each other Or is that common-place?
Old October 2, 2002, 16:39   #198
Maquiladora
Emperor

You'd have to ask the regulars of PBEM how common that is, but in the other game i started recently i started about 5 tiles away from one player, not good for my first "competitive" game in a long time. I noticed the maps have exactly the same dimensions as CtP2 so, just bad (good?) luck i guess.
Old October 2, 2002, 16:59   #199
Velociryx
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Gathering StormThe Courts of Candle'Bre

Local Time: 07:23
Well...I have no doubt that my submission will not make the deadline, but as soon as I play a couple of games to familiarize myself with cradle (which'll be right after I finish my current game), I'm giving this one a go!

-=Vel=-
The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.
Old October 2, 2002, 17:02   #200
mnbryan37
Warlord

Ihad so many problems with program crashes in the current Cradle game that I am re-downloading all the patches and Mods to re-install. Just want to make sure I am getting all the current versions (I'm downloading from the main Directory). I have v1.11 of the Patch, v1.5 of the Mod Swapper, v2.0 of the SAP, and v1.32 of Cradle.
Also, can the "Visable Wonders" mod be used with the Cradle mod?
Old October 2, 2002, 17:34   #201
Velociryx
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Gathering StormThe Courts of Candle'Bre

Ohhh....I like the sounds of that....visible wonders as in, "visible on the main map?"

-=Vel=-
The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.
Old October 2, 2002, 17:40   #202
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Vel:
http://apolyton.net/dir/index.php?si...ts=3759&cat=28
Old October 2, 2002, 17:49   #203
Velociryx
staff

Thanks FP! I love the look of it!

-=Vel=-
Old October 2, 2002, 17:51   #204
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Velociryx
Ohhh....I like the sounds of that....visible wonders as in, "visible on the main map?"
Just like that. *beams*

mnbryan37, I believe the VisiWonders are included in the latest Cradle (v1.33)
Old October 2, 2002, 20:11   #205
mnbryan37
Warlord

Where is Cradle 1.33. The main Apolyton Directory just has v1.32
Old October 2, 2002, 20:24   #206
centrifuge
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by mnbryan37
Where is Cradle 1.33. The main Apolyton Directory just has v1.32
Probably Hexagonian's website. Check out the cradle 1.33 thread in the CTP2 modding forum, hex's signature probably has a link to his site.
Old October 2, 2002, 23:49   #207
hexagonian
The Courts of Candle'Bre
Emperor

Local Time: 02:23
1.33 is temporarily down, as there are some issues/bugs that needed to be worked out with the City Expansion SLIC code.

Until then, enjoy 1.32.
Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
...aisdhieort...dticcok...
Old October 5, 2002, 08:48   #208
SMIFFGIG
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

Maquiladora that screenshot you posted on the other page deserves to go in the poly dir IMO
http://www.tiberiumsun.com
Old October 6, 2002, 06:53   #209
Maquiladora
Emperor

Quote:
Maquiladora that screenshot you posted on the other page deserves to go in the poly dir IMO
Its been submitted
Old October 6, 2002, 19:43   #210
Shadow
Warlord

Request to Loc and other players.
Due to time constraints and the nature of my game, it's been taking a VERY long time to play.
As I've pointed out in the past, I was getting hammered, but somehow I'm managing to pull through!

My fascist regime has allowed me to build quite vast armies that're slowly carving a big swathe of land across the major continent against my high-technology foes, and soon I'll be back to the home land of old where I will reclaim the grounds of my ancient capitol and rebuild it to its former glory.

But... the time limit is approaching fast, and I'll never make the end game by then.
So Loc, if it's possible, and the other players don't have any concerns over it, could I get some form of official extension?

It'd be much appreciated. This game's been a MAJOR struggle and taken a damn long time... I'd really like to be able to submit it.

Cheers,
Shadow