View Poll Results: Which 4 of these citizens should be tasked with reforming/writing a new Constitution
adaMada 30 20.98%
Apocalypse 24 16.78%
notyoueither 30 20.98%
OPD 26 18.18%
Togas 33 23.08%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 3, 2002, 02:52   #1
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 01:24
Local Date: November 1, 2010
The Real Election for Constitutional Convention
This is a multiple choice poll. Vote for those nominees who you feel should go on to form the Select Committee for the Constitutional Convention.

The 4 with the highest vote totals will go on to the Committee

Ties will be resolved by the order in which citizens accepted their nominations. That order was Togas, adaMada, Apocalypse, notyoueither, OPD.

Those sent on will be tasked with writing a comprehensive Constitution and Code of Laws taking current and past material into account.

The results of the Committee will be put up for public discussion prior to being polled. See the links for further explanations, or feel free to ask in this thread.

This poll will last 7 days (168 hours) from this post.

You may vote for as many nominees as you wish.

This Election is as official as it needs to be.

The basis for this poll may be found here:
http://www.apolyton.net/forums/showt...threadid=60087
and here:
http://www.apolyton.net/forums/showt...threadid=59331

Prior discussion here:
http://www.apolyton.net/forums/showt...threadid=58664
and here:
http://www.apolyton.net/forums/showt...threadid=58374
Old September 3, 2002, 06:40   #2
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 02:24
I know it's stupid, but I can't choose, so... can you vote for all five and call it an 'abstain', or a vote of support for all of them?

-- adaMada
Old September 3, 2002, 09:50   #3
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 07:24
Yeah another close election.
Hopefully this one will be as exciting as the last.

BTW would it not have been easier to just vote for the one person who you didn't want on the commitee? Cos that's what we're basically doing.

Also I can't belive Apoc's losing.
Old September 3, 2002, 12:05   #4
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

lol

Theoretically if I was to vote for Adam, Togas, Apoc and NYE I'd be voting "not OPD".

Someone voted for 3 people. I think they voted "not OPD" and "not notyoueither either".
Old September 3, 2002, 13:59   #5
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

That's a mouth full. It was probably my skill at starting polls.
Old September 3, 2002, 17:46   #6
Darkness' Edge
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Prince

Local Time: 18:24
*sigh*
dumbass me
manually add one to apoc
Old September 3, 2002, 18:53   #7
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Hmmm...I'm not doing to well. I'd think nye would do better too since he was the one who organized this.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old September 3, 2002, 18:57   #8
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Apocalypse
Hmmm...I'm not doing to well. I'd think nye would do better too since he was the one who organized this.
Remember, it's very early... why don't we see where things pan out in a few days?

Any chance we could get this TOPed? I'll help keep it bumped, and I could always use the post count , but it's a good thing to top in general...

-- adaMada
Old September 3, 2002, 18:57   #9
jdd2007
NationStates
King

Local Time: 03:24
apoc and opd are vying for for the last position at the moment. as for my vote, well i wont say, but togas was one of my votes.
Old September 3, 2002, 19:07   #10
adaMada
King

I'm abstaining by voting for everyone (no one said I couldn't after my first post, so...)

There are five great canidates here, and the only sad part that I can see to this election is that we can't have them all.

And in reality, I'm getting tired of clicking "view results" every few minutes .

-- adaMada
Old September 3, 2002, 19:12   #11
jdd2007
NationStates
King

OPD is up by one!
Old September 3, 2002, 19:19   #12
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

You make it sound like you don't like me, jdd2007.

Maybe I should start campaigning.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old September 3, 2002, 19:20   #13
adaMada
King

Twenty three out of about two hundred citizens have voted, and we have another good six days.

I don't think we can call it quite yet ...

-- adaMada
Old September 3, 2002, 19:21   #14
Apocalypse
Emperor

Only about 40 people vote usually though.
Old September 3, 2002, 19:22   #15
adaMada
King

Yea, true, but I think we'll get some extras on this one... it's got a good name . Besides, that's still only about half way...

-- adaMada
Old September 3, 2002, 19:28   #16
Apocalypse
Emperor

Previous the more recent polls had gotten 42-49 votes each, including the government switch.
Old September 3, 2002, 20:45   #17
OPD
King

I'm getting flash backs to the CP election.

In my experience pretty much everything will be decided on the last day of voting.
Old September 3, 2002, 20:51   #18
jdd2007
NationStates
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Apocalypse
You make it sound like you don't like me, jdd2007.
no, i was just getting into the spirit of the race.
Old September 3, 2002, 20:55   #19
jdd2007
NationStates
King

IDEA: why should one good candidate be eliminated from the convention. if five good people are willing to work on it, then we should allow them to. plus, with 5 people, if one drops out for whatever reason, we will have the number of people we originally wanted. what do you think?
Old September 3, 2002, 21:08   #20
adaMada
King

Quote:
Originally posted by jdd2007
IDEA: why should one good candidate be eliminated from the convention. if five good people are willing to work on it, then we should allow them to. plus, with 5 people, if one drops out for whatever reason, we will have the number of people we originally wanted. what do you think?
I don't have a problem with that; it'd solve the problem of 'someone having to loose'. Having said that, I think the original intention was to have an even number of people so that there'd have to be a clear consensus and not a tie. If we're willing to give that up, then we can do five people. I think the advantages would outweigh the disadvantages...

Having said that, notyoueither went though a lot of trouble to set up a system and get this rolling... if he wants to keep it the way it is, or if people feel that it would take another seven day long vote to change the way we're doing it (which would be a legit point) then things may become more difficult, and we may have to respect the fact that the four person system has been approved by the people, even if it means that we won't be able to take full advantage of the five people we have.

-- adaMada
Old September 3, 2002, 21:49   #21
Apocalypse
Emperor

I don't mind losing, I'd just like to know why.

This won't be a blow to my ego or anything. I've gotten a lot of props in the past few days for nailing Sid Meier's X-COM.
Old September 3, 2002, 23:04   #22
Thud
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNever Ending StoriesC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC4BtSDG Templars
Prince

Yeah, why are we voting for 5 people? Five is fine for a commitee. It's not like we're cirumventing democracy, we did nominate these guys.
Old September 3, 2002, 23:43   #23
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 04:24
Quote:
Originally posted by jdd2007
Quote:
Originally posted by Thud
Yeah, why are we voting for 5 people? Five is fine for a commitee. It's not like we're cirumventing democracy, we did nominate these guys.
It's the right answer. Why not?
Old September 4, 2002, 00:31   #24
notyoueither
Deity

We are selecting 4 to be more sure that the result coming back to us will be met with a large majority acceptance. 3 of the 4 must agree that they are done, the result is acceptable and it should be presented to all the citizens in a larger Convention (so to speak).

That being said, I would have no problem with all 5 being involved in the discussion and contributing to the final product. 5 would not be too many. There is no prohibition in the Enabling Act against the Committee involving others as they see fit.

The Committee would then be done when 3 of the 4 top vote getters decide they are done (4 out of 5 wouldn't hurt either).

Short answer, I would accept any of these nominees to be involved in the discussion no matter how many votes they get.
Old September 4, 2002, 09:31   #25
OPD
King

Yeah just make it five. IMHO the election is too close to suggest there is anyone not up to the job.

Also why the hell is my bar pink what are you trying to say about me?
Old September 4, 2002, 10:02   #26
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Not pink. Maroon. It is called Maroon. (did I spell that right?)

Ok, maybe shartouse (ok, I now I didn't spell that one correct).

But NOT PINK. Only the french are pink, and you are not french. Therefore, it is not pink. Got it. Good.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old September 4, 2002, 10:07   #27
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by OPD
Yeah just make it five. IMHO the election is too close to suggest there is anyone not up to the job.

Also why the hell is my bar pink what are you trying to say about me?
Definitely pink, why? Maybe they feel Mingapulco is such a cushy assignment that you would have to be going a little ..... you know ...... the rumors about Alexander .......
Old September 4, 2002, 18:28   #28
adaMada
King

** ok, this is a badly hidden :bump:...

-- adaMada
Old September 5, 2002, 03:26   #29
notyoueither
Deity

I think that involvement will range further than people expect at this point.

I am sure there will be discussions and unofficial polls to gauge public reaction to various ideas before the thing is done.

5 is good. However, the enabling act still requires the top 4 vote getters to agree 3 or 4 out of 4 before the finished product can be presented to the people. That's the only major point.

The examination of the thing and the writting of the new is the biggest issue, and all 5 of the people nominated are worthy of the task, if I may say so myself.
Old September 5, 2002, 12:43   #30
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 09:24
hi ,

all of the above and some citizens , ....

have a nice day