View Poll Results: Which 4 of these citizens should be tasked with reforming/writing a new Constitution
adaMada 30 20.98%
Apocalypse 24 16.78%
notyoueither 30 20.98%
OPD 26 18.18%
Togas 33 23.08%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 5, 2002, 12:45   #31
Proserpine
Warlord

Local Time: 07:24
Local Date: November 1, 2010
It seems a bit pointless to have a poll where 4 out of 5 get elected.
Old September 5, 2002, 16:46   #32
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Hmmmmmmn

After careful consideration I'm going to pull out of the costitutional convention to focus on an upcoming election campaign.

Also the fact that I appear to be mr pink will have significantly influenced the amount of respect that the others would have for my opinions.

NYE, Apoc, Adam and Togas will do a fine job.
Old September 5, 2002, 18:22   #33
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 02:24
Quote:
Originally posted by OPD
Hmmmmmmn

After careful consideration I'm going to pull out of the costitutional convention to focus on an upcoming election campaign.

Also the fact that I appear to be mr pink will have significantly influenced the amount of respect that the others would have for my opinions.

NYE, Apoc, Adam and Togas will do a fine job.
Wow. Wasn't really expecting that .

The best of luck in your election campeign, though!

-- adaMada
Old September 5, 2002, 21:16   #34
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 01:24
Well, alright Mr. Pink... errrr, OPD. That is too bad. Will you still pay some attention to the process if the 4 of us remaining wish you to?

Resignation during the poll was not covered in the Enabling Act. However, common sense dictates that the 4 remaining be entrusted with the power of the vote on the Committee. Anyone have any problems with that?
Old September 5, 2002, 22:26   #35
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:
Originally posted by notyoueither
Well, alright Mr. Pink... errrr, OPD. That is too bad. Will you still pay some attention to the process if the 4 of us remaining wish you to?

Resignation during the poll was not covered in the Enabling Act. However, common sense dictates that the 4 remaining be entrusted with the power of the vote on the Committee. Anyone have any problems with that?
None here...

I hope that OPD will still be available for consultations, and I'm happy we were able to solve this without having to have anyone 'loose', considering the quality of nominees we've had.

Again, good luck in your run for presidency, OPD! While we're sitting around in a tent somewhere etching out a new constitution, I hope you can drop by for some of the discussion .

-- adaMada
Old September 6, 2002, 03:01   #36
caesarqbear
Chieftain

Apoc is running for election also... what does that mean?
Old September 6, 2002, 06:44   #37
adaMada
King

No reason that public officials can't serve on the committee, if I recall correctly... if not, then everyone who's on is off .

Apoc's Science Minister, Togas is Foreign Minister, I'm Vice Minister of Foreign Affairs, and NYE's on the court.

I think OPD was just dropping out to give himself more time to concentrate on his campeign, not because of some requriement.

-- adaMada
Old September 6, 2002, 11:32   #38
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 09:24
Quote:
Originally posted by notyoueither

hi ,

, the best would be to have 5 , .... maybe there should be a search for a new member , ....

have a nice day
Old September 6, 2002, 16:11   #39
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:
Originally posted by adaMada
I hope that OPD will still be available for consultations, and I'm happy we were able to solve this without having to have anyone 'loose', considering the quality of nominees we've had.
OPD will be avaliable for "consultations" especially those concerning election standards and should the issue of regions come up I would definately like to give some input.
Old September 6, 2002, 16:24   #40
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 23:24
Local Date: October 31, 2010
OPD's resignation
Now that there's four of us left, I'm going to assume that we're the ones.

I'll be out a week, and the Convention will begin without my presence -- at least in the beginning. I would recommend that the Convention members take time to review the volumous discussions about what changes need to be made, especially the Revolution threads that began in the midst of the Second Term.

I would suggest that we use Email to do a great deal of the discussions, and perhaps schedule weekly chats. We may also want to have a Convention member who informs the public of progress, and creates polls on issues that are unclear.

My personal feeling is that we should have a basic Constitution that enumerates Government powers, creates the main offices and duties, gives rights, deals with chain of command, etc. Then leave the rest of it to be the Code of Laws.

Some ideas to be considered: Institute 3 branches of government, create provincial governors, clarify rights/powers of executives, rules for law making vs rules for amendments.

I'll be happy to dive into this stuff upon my return.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old September 6, 2002, 17:22   #41
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 01:24
More stuff to consider guys:

Keep it simple.
How should amendments be written into the new CoL?
How are Deputies handled, and what is their function?
How will wartime production effect Provincal Governers?
(You should really look at the way it has been done this term. One man over it all, and he has the final say, it has worked out nicely)
Clear polling standards.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old September 7, 2002, 12:32   #42
adaMada
King

Thanks UnOrthO.

That post was a nice wakeup call for me -- I've been doing a lot of thinking about how to reorganize the Government, but not that much about other issues, such as Amendments and Polls and stuff. These issues, however, also need to be addressed.

Thanks again for waking me up .

-- adaMada
Old September 7, 2002, 13:30   #43
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
More stuff to consider guys:

Keep it simple.
How should amendments be written into the new CoL?
How are Deputies handled, and what is their function?
How will wartime production effect Provincal Governers?
(You should really look at the way it has been done this term. One man over it all, and he has the final say, it has worked out nicely)
Clear polling standards.
hi ,

indeed it should be like that , .....

Keep
It
Simple
Stupid

or

Together
Everyone
Achieves
More

maybe we should leave the polling to a group , the judges would be ideal , if someone wanted a poll , he could say what he or she wants , and they could post it , .... they could include all the options , make sure the time period is correct , etc , .....

we should have the abstain option in each poll , ...

have a nice day
Old September 7, 2002, 13:33   #44
adaMada
King

I think that it'd be better to have some easy to understand polling rules rather than delegating it off to a group -- if someone wants a poll, let them make their own. If our rules are simple enough and complete, then it should be easy.

-- adaMada
Old September 7, 2002, 14:08   #45
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by adaMada
I think that it'd be better to have some easy to understand polling rules rather than delegating it off to a group -- if someone wants a poll, let them make their own. If our rules are simple enough and complete, then it should be easy.

-- adaMada
hi ,

indeed , but give a subject to poll about , and one guy shall make 2 options , the other 8 , the other 4 , but also 4 bis , ....

so we should one rule for all of them , ...

and options should be clearly explained , there are some good examples , some bad ones to , ......

should each poll be looked at first , .... to see if its okay , ...?

have a nice day