Old September 4, 2002, 14:20   #1
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 01:28
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Work is interupting...Serious Problem!
I just received word today that a planned business trip is being pushed up.

Originally scheduled for the 20th of September, it is now going to be 9th. This is extremely frustrating because in all likelyhood I will have NO access on this particular trip, and I purposely ran THIS term because I knew I couldn't NEXT term due to this trip. I will be COMPLETELY out of communication till the 12th, as I cannot afford any distractions during this trip, and may not even get back till after the elections depending on how things go. (btw, it is already time to start up a new nomination thread...)

Had I known that this would be pushed UP, I would never have ran. Usually such things are only delayed.

So, I will be around till Sunday.

So, do we need an emergency election before then? Any Volunteers?

See what all you college students get to look forward to? You think finals are stressing?

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old September 4, 2002, 14:23   #2
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

This is not good!

When is the trip supposed to be over?
Old September 4, 2002, 14:34   #3
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 07:28
If you can appoint a temporary stand in now will you run for vice pres again next term? After all you're doing a good job.

Also I take it MWIA will be running again?
Old September 4, 2002, 14:44   #4
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Well, it is SUPPOSED to end on the 12th. But these things often are postponed, and may not end till after elections. I just plan on the worst. Funny how this is the only trip planned for the rest of the year...

MrWIA? I do not know if he will run again or not.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old September 4, 2002, 15:13   #5
jdjdjd
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 02:28
I don't see why you can't be gone for a week without needing to have a replacement. So long as it is Ok with MWIA to do the turnthreads this week. It makes no sense to have a replacement, when we're about a week away from new elections anyway.
Old September 4, 2002, 15:24   #6
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

It has been done before, but I dislike the idea. I signed on to be here and do my job, not to leave in the middle. It is not right, and I would not have done it had I known. Additionally, The Directory could really use to be updated during that time or it will face a HUGE update upon my return. If someone could just take over that part somehow by posting new links in the New link thread that can be reached inside the directory it would help out a ton.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old September 4, 2002, 15:43   #7
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 09:28
UnOrthO, I hope that your work trip goes well.
I'm sorry I can't offer any help though, I'm simply too busy myself these days (see this thread).
- Phantom of the Opera
Old September 4, 2002, 16:18   #8
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 03:28
I will try to help, however, RL is causing me some problems at the present also. Starting now through late november is the buisiest time of the year for me as I try to get construction done before winter hits.

I do not think that an election is appropriate at this point because elections will be occuring so soon that if you did resign, your replacement will be leaving office as soon as they are elected.... we can always jump up the election process to let the next person (assuming you do not run again) take over a week early..... just a thought.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old September 4, 2002, 16:27   #9
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 19:28
Me? Running again? For President?

I can almost afford the 2am nights and then 7am mornings now - it will be impossible for the following term. Exam time would be better for me (the term after that), but I have too many projects due and currently 5 weeks in which to do them.

So, in brief, I will be skipping a term. As ever I took this on just when I had everything else land on my head.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old September 4, 2002, 17:03   #10
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 04:28
I told you! There's a conspiracy...

Seriously, it's less than a week. No needs replacement.
Come back soon, you've been done an excellent job.
Old September 4, 2002, 17:15   #11
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
Me? Running again? For President?

So then may I be the first to nominate UnOr for pres.
If you appoint some one to take over they can then run for the vice pres when th elections start.
Old September 4, 2002, 20:23   #12
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

I was planning on running for VP during the Dec/Jan term, but I may run this time if no one else is willing. I have the ability to make the time (not that I really have it, but I can keep going on 5 hours of sleep for a few weeks).
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old September 4, 2002, 21:19   #13
Donal Graeme
Civilization III Democracy Game
Warlord

Local Time: 23:28
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Aro, i am not seeking renomination as well...

I will be leaving for college on the 21st, and I won't know what my schedule will be like for quite a while. So it would be best if I take a month off for a break. I will try to remain active, but I doubt I will be able to put in 1/3 the time i am now.

What will the Gazette do without us?
Old September 4, 2002, 23:09   #14
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Donal Graeme
Aro, i am not seeking renomination as well...

I will be leaving for college on the 21st, and I won't know what my schedule will be like for quite a while. So it would be best if I take a month off for a break. I will try to remain active, but I doubt I will be able to put in 1/3 the time i am now.

What will the Gazette do without us?
Oh, no! You too?!
Seriously, as a father I have to admit: college has priority # 1. I wish my daughter could think in the same way... Nevertheless, 1/3 of time is better than no time at all.
Have fun (I’m talking about books, not girls and beer)!
Old September 5, 2002, 00:03   #15
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 03:28
Have fun. And I am talking about book, and girls, and beer. Honest, some books can be fun.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old September 5, 2002, 00:13   #16
Aro
lifer
Emperor

Ok, ok. You're right, GodKing. Books, girls and beer. Not necessarily in this order...
Old September 5, 2002, 07:57   #17
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by OPD

So then may I be the first to nominate UnOr for pres.
If you appoint some one to take over they can then run for the vice pres when th elections start.
HAH!!!

ME Pres.?

You guys are all insane.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old September 5, 2002, 08:06   #18
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx

HAH!!!

ME Pres.?

You guys are all insane.
You think that, but wait until your name magically appears on the Election Ballot while you're away...

Actually, in all seriousness, you should take the job... We need a good (and experienced) President going into next term, and if turnchats are a problem then I wouldn't mind not having any/having very few for a month (though I can't speek for anyone else).

-- adaMada
Old September 5, 2002, 08:21   #19
OPD
King

Quote:

HAH!!!

ME Pres.?

You guys are all insane.
lol I remember MWIA saying the same thing last time.

Dude I don't want to have to start harrasing you by PM.
Old September 5, 2002, 08:26   #20
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

I am flattered, really.

I am unsure of my schedule over this next month at this time though. I know my wife is returning to work, and that when I WAS doing the turns it was rather tough even with her home. There would be NO possibility of a chat, unless a VP could do it, and there is another possible work trip scheduled around the first of October (No set date yet). I do not know at this time whether I CAN, or even WANT to be President.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old September 5, 2002, 08:30   #21
DAVOUT
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 08:28
Unorthodox,

I am insane too. You should accept to be candidate for Prez

Itll be easy with all the tools you made for the President, you just have to use them !
Old September 5, 2002, 08:30   #22
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Sure you do... Absolute power currupts absolutley, and we all know you've been viving for more ever since MWIA's computer was down and you got a taste .

-- adaMada
Old September 5, 2002, 08:31   #23
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Oh, really.

And who is going to CONTINUE making those tools? HMM?

Will the next VP?

That will play a part in my decision, along with many other factors.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old September 5, 2002, 08:34   #24
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

If you want me to be honest, that week I had Migraines over all the stress surrounding those turns. I did not enjoy it all that much, and was more concerned over making mistakes than I was enjoying the experience.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old September 5, 2002, 08:38   #25
OPD
King

MWIA's initial reaction to being nominated for pres.

"You guys think I might make a good President?"

And he's doing a fine job

You too will do a fine job?
Old September 5, 2002, 08:47   #26
DAVOUT
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 08:28
Quote:
If you want me to be honest, that week I had Migraines over all the stress surrounding those turns. I did not enjoy it all that much, and was more concerned over making mistakes than I was enjoying the experience.
As we enjoyed a lot, your suffering has not been useless !
Old September 5, 2002, 12:33   #27
WhiteBandit
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 23:28
Local Date: October 31, 2010
People leaving!
Man! So many people are not thinking about returning, are we even going to have enough people to fill out all our spots?

I was wondering whether or not I should run for re-election, or a different position perhaps. It's definitely been fun for me.

I really hope to see a lot of people run again this next term. Whether they are returning or not. It makes it exciting!

(04/29/2004) [Trip] we will see who is best in the next round ; [Trip] that is why I left this team ; [Trip] I don't need the rest of you to win |
The solution to 1984 is 1776! | Here's to hoping that GoW's military isn't being run by MasterZen: Hehe! | DaveRocks! or something. ;)
Old September 5, 2002, 12:42   #28
Proserpine
Warlord

UnOthro, you would be an excellent choice as Prez. From this thread if you stand it'll be a shoo-in. But make sure that you get a good Veep (I'm sure MWIA would agree . I would definitely suipport your candidacy for either position.
Old September 5, 2002, 13:25   #29
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

I'll say it again.

You are all insane.

I did not even accomplish the goals I set out to do as VP!

1. Create the Directory. OK, Got that done.

2. Create a standard for chat/threads. Well, working on that still, going right direction at least.

3. ReWrite the CoL to the compromise version. Not done, won't get done...

See, I can't even do my current job to my own satisfaction, now you want me to take on being President?

I am flattered, but really, that decision will be made based on a number of variables including my wife, kids, job, and who is running for VP and my discussions with them in private. In That Order.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old September 5, 2002, 13:47   #30
Aro
lifer
Emperor

Yep. My wife, kids and job, after a deep reflection, agree with everybody here: Unortho for Prez!