Old December 2, 2002, 17:55   #121
Velociryx
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Gathering StormThe Courts of Candle'Bre

Local Time: 07:29
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Yep...end of the year and we call an end to the entries, and then sit down and try to determine which one is THE one....

I really have been blown away by many, many of the entries....they're fantastic!

There is some risk of course, of tying ourselves too closely with a medievally-themed logo, and then sorta typecasting ourselves....and it's true that I DO have some game ideas in my head that are of a futuristic bent, but ::shrug:: for the foreseeable future we DO have a medieval bent, and there's nothing in the rulebook that says that a company with a medieval-lookin' logo can't make other types of games, so I'm gonna go with my gut on it....

-=Vel=-
PS: Good luck in school, and I'm looking forward to seeing what else you can cook up!

PPS: Since the curtain is beginning its slow descent on this contest, and to maybe provide a bit of creative inspiration, I'll throw out some ideas I've been thinking over too:

* Leonardo DaVinci is my personal hero....TALK about a man ahead of his time! His models and drawings are superb, and if someone crafted a logo along those kinds of lines (or, even better, fantastical variants along those lines), it would be....unspeakably cool.

I'm talking about Airships (clippers with elegant propellers or somesuch) (see attached image as an example), and stuffage like that....medievally feel, and a sense of motion....very good stuff!

* Anything to do with time....time travel, time machines, sundials, melted clocks (nod to Dali)....clocks and time....very big idea.

* Velociraptors....cute and cuddly critters that they are....

* Take a look at the artwork for Dinotopia (especially the capitol city), and/or any of the art work for Journey to the Center of the Earth, or 20,000 leagues under the sea....those would be good examples of the kind of "flavor" of game I'm hoping to produce.

-V.
The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.
Old December 2, 2002, 17:58   #122
Velociryx
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Gathering StormThe Courts of Candle'Bre

Of course, it would have been REALLY cool if I'd remembered to attach the picture, eh?

-=Vel=-
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	airship1.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	30554  
The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.
Old December 2, 2002, 18:05   #123
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

if some genius could combine these two pics then they'd stand a great chance of winning I think.

alter DaVinci's man to make it into the figure of a Nilrogg.

Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	nillrog1.gif
Views:	158
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	30555  
Old December 2, 2002, 18:32   #124
JMarks
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

hmmmmmm

Old December 2, 2002, 18:38   #125
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

bah! the first pic in my post is showing as a red X for me.
anyway, I'm sure you all know the pic I'm thinking of. do a google image search for 'davinci' and you'll turn up several examples of it.
Old December 2, 2002, 18:42   #126
JMarks
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

works fine for me
Old December 2, 2002, 18:46   #127
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

that's ok then.
Old December 3, 2002, 03:51   #128
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 15:29
Just in time
Just whipped this together. Thanks to layers in PhotoShop a lot of the details can be adjusted.

Dang, it came out a bit rough. Anyway, this is just a conceptual drawing.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	vcgames-logo.gif
Views:	150
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	30589  
Old December 4, 2002, 02:28   #129
ravagon
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 15:29
Quote:
Originally posted by Velociryx

* Leonardo DaVinci is my personal hero....TALK about a man ahead of his time! His models and drawings are superb, and if someone crafted a logo along those kinds of lines (or, even better, fantastical variants along those lines), it would be....unspeakably cool.

I'm talking about Airships (clippers with elegant propellers or somesuch) (see attached image as an example), and stuffage like that....medievally feel, and a sense of motion....very good stuff!

* Anything to do with time....time travel, time machines, sundials, melted clocks (nod to Dali)....clocks and time....very big idea.

* Velociraptors....cute and cuddly critters that they are....

* Take a look at the artwork for Dinotopia (especially the capitol city), and/or any of the art work for Journey to the Center of the Earth, or 20,000 leagues under the sea....those would be good examples of the kind of "flavor" of game I'm hoping to produce.

-V.
I'm of the artistically challenged variety so I'm not even going to try a logo - but I do have to give a big to that sort of motif (a reflection of future plans perhaps? - read: gimme gimme ). The 1899/Verne themes, with perhaps a little Cthuhlu/Ravenloft horror thrown in for good measure would have to be my all-time favourite settings for almost anything.
Old January 1, 2003, 02:49   #130
NeOmega
Prince

Local Time: 23:29
Local Date: October 31, 2010
well cuz the contest is supposedly over in one hour.......

here is a concept I whipped up real fast
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	vgsmall.gif
Views:	114
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	32883  
Old January 1, 2003, 14:59   #131
BustaMike
The Courts of Candle'Bre
King

Location: You think you're better than me? You've been handling my ass pennies!!!
I sent this last night. It's my last minute entry. Hope you like it.

Old January 1, 2003, 23:44   #132
Velociryx
staff

Just back from the New Year's Mountain Retreat!

Contest is officially closed, and we'll begin judging and final selection....stay tuned, and good luck to all! Some FANTASTIC entries!

-=Vel=-
Old January 22, 2003, 11:12   #133
Velociryx
staff

I had hoped that we could reach a final decision to be timed with our one year anniversary, but it seems I missed that mark by a span of a few days....

Nonetheless, we have a winner!

After a good deal of discussion and consideration, we gotta go with the Sundial, congrats Neo!

Please contact me at: Velocigames2002@aol.com, for details on claiming your prize!

Also, Bustamike....wow....your medieval images blew me away, and while perhaps slightly too confining to be used for a general corporate logo, it seems to me that's a *perfect* match for Candle'Bre in general! Therefore, if you'll write to me at the address above, I'd like to discuss the possibility of extending the contest to include a Candle'Bre logo as well as the corporate one, with its own prize award, of course!

-=Vel=-
Old January 22, 2003, 18:28   #134
Cyclotron
Never Ending StoriesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
King

Local Time: 02:29
Congrats, NeOmega.
Old January 22, 2003, 18:33   #135
NeOmega
Prince

Thank ya... I've sent vel an email, which said thanks, and that I'll give him three different final proposals for the sundial

Im think the stone one, a black and white only, and a "rod iron" style.
Old January 22, 2003, 20:35   #136
Chowlett
Alpha Centauri PBEM
King

Congrats to NeOmega! I think this will look great on Velogicames products, and really look forward to seeing the first example of CB with it on...
"They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara