Old September 5, 2002, 07:34   #1
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 01:31
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Election Nomination Thread
Election nomination thread.

I may or may not be around for the start of this, so could someone please make a reply that contains the list of candidates? I will update as long as possible, though.

Thanks to adaMada for keeing this udated during my leave.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; September 7, 2002 at 11:33.
Old September 5, 2002, 07:39   #2
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 02:31
Nomination Period Closed

Election nomination thread. Credit goes to UnOrthODox for keeping it up to date for the first half of the nomination period. Post below if you want to run for an office, or change your status if you happen to be running for an office already.

Party affiliations, when requested, have been placed next to the name. The positions double as links to the appropriate election threads.

Executives

President:
* OPD

Vice President:
* Apocolypse

Ministers

War:
* Aggie

Science:
* Trickey
* Thud (DIA)

Economy:
* Reddawg

Foreign Affairs:
* Togas
* Nimitz (DIA)

Imperial Expansion:
* Jonny
* GhengisFarb
* E_T

Public Works:
* WhiteBandit

City Planner:
* Duddha (Hawk)
* GodKing

Last edited by adaMada; September 12, 2002 at 20:27.
Old September 5, 2002, 07:51   #3
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Thanks ada.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old September 5, 2002, 09:27   #4
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

I had heard a rumor somewhere that the new constitution would eliminate the Public Works position and delegate it to local authorities. Is this true?
Old September 5, 2002, 10:18   #5
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

That may be true, but it wont happen before the elections, I am fairly sure.

Until they spit out a new CoL and it is voted upon and passed with 2/3 majority, we must act according to the present CoL.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; September 5, 2002 at 10:26.
Old September 5, 2002, 11:28   #6
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 23:31
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb
I had heard a rumor somewhere that the new constitution would eliminate the Public Works position and delegate it to local authorities. Is this true?
Right now the Constitutional Convention delegates have not yet been chosen, so no work has been done on the new Constitution and CoL.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old September 5, 2002, 11:31   #7
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

I leave on vacation on Saturday, so I may as well post this now:

I will be running for a 2nd term as Foreign Affairs Minister.

I'll return 9/14, just before the end of elections. I won't be able to campaign, so I hope my work speaks for itself.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old September 5, 2002, 12:07   #8
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

I guess I'll announce my candidacy for SMC for next term now.
Aggie
Old September 5, 2002, 13:05   #9
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 04:31
I support Togas and Aggie. And Unortho, if he runs. As a matter of fact, I'll support everyone in this administration who wants to continue the job. You guys are doing it very well!
Old September 5, 2002, 15:18   #10
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

I promise this is getting topped. It was topped for about a half hour, then came down again. I have PM'd the gOdZ again.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old September 5, 2002, 15:46   #11
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Pencil me in for VP. If some capable wants to run, I'll stay with Minister of Science. I am only running for VP right now because it seems right now I am the only one who can find the time.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old September 5, 2002, 15:56   #12
Hagbart
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 08:31
Quote:
Originally posted by Apocalypse
Pencil me in for VP. If some capable wants to run, I'll stay with Minister of Science. I am only running for VP right now because it seems right now I am the only one who can find the time.
Just admit you WANT the job...

The new iPod nano: nano
Old September 5, 2002, 16:18   #13
Thud
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNever Ending StoriesC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC4BtSDG Templars
Prince

Local Time: 03:31
Alrighty then, I'm announcing my candidacy for Minister Of Science.
Old September 5, 2002, 17:32   #14
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

City Planning, second time in a row. Count me in.

GK

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old September 5, 2002, 18:28   #15
jdd2007
NationStates
King

i would like to announce my candidacy for minister of SCIENCE

i have some nice ideas for the position.
Old September 5, 2002, 18:36   #16
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Wow... we're going to have a real election!

Like, with two good canidates.

Awsome!

-- adaMada
...wouldn't post this, but I'm not running for anything, so no personal danger of having to compete .
Old September 5, 2002, 18:45   #17
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Good to see you in campaign, jdd!
Yes, two good candidates. Can we bet?
Old September 5, 2002, 18:54   #18
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Hagbart
Just admit you WANT the job...
I didn't even really want it the first time I ran for it in July.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old September 5, 2002, 19:07   #19
jdd2007
NationStates
King

i withdraw from my candicy. im sorry to all my loyal supporters [haha] but i just made the decision quickly without thinking.
Old September 5, 2002, 20:22   #20
Duddha
Civilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

I'm running for City Planner.
Old September 5, 2002, 22:39   #21
Reddawg
Prince

i'll announce that i consider myself to have enough time to be an assistant to any minister willing to take me on. but i plan on always always doing the stats regardless of what else i have going on.
Old September 5, 2002, 22:45   #22
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

In addition to those posting their candidacy, could those currently in office who are NOT running for reelection please say so.

That way any fresh blood can volunteer for those open offices.
Old September 5, 2002, 23:22   #23
WhiteBandit
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Put me in for Public Works for a second term. Of course, I might change something catches my eye

(04/29/2004) [Trip] we will see who is best in the next round ; [Trip] that is why I left this team ; [Trip] I don't need the rest of you to win |
The solution to 1984 is 1776! | Here's to hoping that GoW's military isn't being run by MasterZen: Hehe! | DaveRocks! or something. ;)
Old September 6, 2002, 00:43   #24
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

What is UnOrtho doing?

Does he need a leave?
Old September 6, 2002, 07:00   #25
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

NYE, Check my work is interrupting thread.

I will not be running for anything this term. Too much I want to do with my faily before the weather turns. I'll go back to the blissfull duties of the Gazette.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old September 6, 2002, 10:22   #26
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 19:31
Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb
In addition to those posting their candidacy, could those currently in office who are NOT running for reelection please say so.

That way any fresh blood can volunteer for those open offices.
Err, OK.

I am not running for re-election as President, at least not this coming term. I have ignored RL to be here long enough, and it is time to start putting in those 50+ hour weeks. Interestingly, the only commitments I have after the 16th of next month are exams, so I will likely be back in contention for an office then. Until then, I offer myself up to give as much advice and thoughts on what it is like to be President to anyone who is interested. Even if you don't want to run this time but want to know about aspects of it, PM me and I'll be glad to help out. Advice from previous VPs/Presidents in this game and the Civ2 one was how I decided to run for President in both games, and I don't regret it at all.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old September 6, 2002, 10:26   #27
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Oh, yeah, tell the truth. You are going over to the SMAC game...I've seen you running for things over there. You just want to be the first president of all three!

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old September 6, 2002, 11:12   #28
Aro
lifer
Emperor

MWIA, you certainly will do an excellent job in the SMAC game, as you did here But I have to say, was a privilege follow your leadership in our game. Thanks for all, man, and enjoy your RL!
Old September 6, 2002, 14:57   #29
Will 5001
Civilization III Democracy Game
Warlord

Local Time: 07:31
I will be going for IE minister again, I will be running without any party affiliation.
Old September 6, 2002, 15:38   #30
Reddawg
Prince

we only have one run-off! thats no fun..

i think ppl are hesitant to run off against someone.

Last edited by Reddawg; September 7, 2002 at 11:08.