Old September 6, 2002, 16:22   #31
trickey
Civilization III Democracy GameNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Prince

Local Time: 03:31
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I will be running for science minister.

*begins handing out 10 dollar bills*
Old September 6, 2002, 16:25   #32
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 07:31
Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
Until then, I offer myself up to give as much advice and thoughts on what it is like to be President to anyone who is interested. Even if you don't want to run this time but want to know about aspects of it, PM me and I'll be glad to help out. Advice from previous VPs/Presidents in this game and the Civ2 one was how I decided to run for President in both games, and I don't regret it at all.
MWIA I'm way ahead of you and was kind of counting on this too. It would just be a presumptuous of me to pm you questions about being president before the elections have even started.
Old September 6, 2002, 18:43   #33
jdd2007
NationStates
King

Quote:
Originally posted by trickey

*pockets the cash*

good luck!
Old September 6, 2002, 19:54   #34
Thud
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNever Ending StoriesC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC4BtSDG Templars
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by trickey

Is that legal? Is that... (ugh) American currency to be accepted by our proud citizens? No Agent of rebellious Abe will ever enter our government, I sincerely hope!

*Starts giving out 10 Lyton coins*

Of course, none of this debt will be borrowed from the Treasury if I am elected

Old September 6, 2002, 19:56   #35
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 02:31
Ugh. My Monday-Wensday schedule is pretty tight (times in central):
05:20 - Wake up
06:00 - Leave for Park & Ride
06:20 - Arrive at Park & Ride and board bus, I can do homework during this time
06:55 - Arrive downtown, transfere to a bus to take me to school
07:10 - Arrive at school, can do homework during this time
08:00 - School starts
14:05 - School ends kinda, I have a free period where I can do homework (including typing stuff up) and do very limited posting
15:00 - School ends, I use this time to talk to friends and get on a bus to go downtown
15:45 - I board a bus downtown to take me to the Park & Ride where I wait to get picked up, I can do homework now
16:45+ - I get picked up.
17:00+ - I get home and can do any type of homework, after that I usually go out and do something like go to the gym
19:30 - I can start posting at Apolyton and can play turnthreads
22:00 - I must transfer to a computer that cannot play Civ3
23:00 - I sometimes make phone calls at this time.
00:00 - I usually have to go to sleep around this time

Thursdays are booked for me. During the weekday I might also have a date. This is why I posted this, since I just got a girl friend. I was considering pulling a Greg Woodstock or Kunal Shah and just leaving, but if you guys believe I can devote enough time to being VP, I will. Fridays-Sundays are up in the air, but I can usually put in quite a bit of time during those days, I just don't know when that time will be.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old September 6, 2002, 19:58   #36
trickey
Civilization III Democracy GameNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Prince

bah, you fool, these are CANADIAN dollars. Which, are very similar to lytons , but of course, move valuable, as a canadian dollar would be hard to come byt in this neck of the woods.

1 canadian dollar= 38.89 Apolytonian Lytons
Old September 6, 2002, 20:31   #37
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 07:31
Quote:
Originally posted by Apocalypse
Ugh. My Monday-Wensday schedule is pretty tight (times in central):
05:20 - Wake up
lol I haven't been outa bed b4 10 for a few years now.
Old September 6, 2002, 20:36   #38
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Sometimes I wake up at 4:55, but it is usually 5:20 so I put that.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old September 6, 2002, 22:53   #39
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

Yet again, I will be running for the Office of Imperial Expansion.

Last edited by Jonny; September 7, 2002 at 12:07.
Old September 7, 2002, 03:32   #40
WhiteBandit
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 23:31
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Hehe Apoc. Yeah the g/f thing is hard when dealing with C3DG. It's hard to get them to understand that you're playing a game with people and you truly dig it! Especially if they aren't as computer inclined as ourselves

"Want to go to dinner tonight babe?"
"Err, I uh.. can't"
"Why not? You said you don't have anything planned."
"Well I have this.. err.. meeting"
"A meeting? For what?"
"Well, there's this game where a bunch of us pretend to participate in a country and I was elected as a minis-"
"Oh God. Nevermind..."
"No wait! We can go to dinner! Look, the comput-"
[Front Door Slams Shut]

(04/29/2004) [Trip] we will see who is best in the next round ; [Trip] that is why I left this team ; [Trip] I don't need the rest of you to win |
The solution to 1984 is 1776! | Here's to hoping that GoW's military isn't being run by MasterZen: Hehe! | DaveRocks! or something. ;)
Old September 7, 2002, 10:40   #41
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 01:31
OK, last upate that I will be doing. ada, its all yours. We still need an MoE guys.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old September 7, 2002, 11:11   #42
Reddawg
Prince

Apoc how old are you? anyway i dunno it sounds like youre really busy dude, im not sure we should have a VP that was considering quitting before he was even elected lol. no offense
Old September 7, 2002, 11:25   #43
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
OK, last upate that I will be doing. ada, its all yours. We still need an MoE guys.
Ok, I got everything you had into my post. If you're still around, you can take down everything except an intro line out of yours so that it's not confusing.

-- adaMada
Old September 7, 2002, 11:46   #44
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

If anyone wants their party affiliation (yuck, but I guess it might be important) included in the first post, please make it known. I'll go through the other posts quickly and see if there is anyone who said it. Anyone who doesn't want any party affiliation shouldn't say anything, and they'll remain as they are.

-- adaMada
Old September 7, 2002, 12:09   #45
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

adaMada, could you remove my party affiliation from the front page?
Old September 7, 2002, 12:22   #46
adaMada
King

Sure .

I only included it since you mentioned it in your post.

-- adaMada
Old September 7, 2002, 14:48   #47
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 09:31
I thereby nominate Panag for the position of Minister of Entertainment. He'll be in charge of making sure that all of us will have a nice day.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old September 7, 2002, 15:30   #48
Apocalypse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Reddawg
Apoc how old are you? anyway i dunno it sounds like youre really busy dude, im not sure we should have a VP that was considering quitting before he was even elected lol. no offense
18. I am veru willing to not be VP if someone else wants the job. I'm fine with staying Minister of Science. I just think it is better to have a busy VP than no VP.
Old September 7, 2002, 15:38   #49
Duddha
Civilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 23:31
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I'm running on a Hawk ticket if we're still putting party designation next to our names.
Old September 7, 2002, 15:40   #50
Reddawg
Prince

Apoc it's true, a busy VP is better than none at all...
I'm not about to run for such a high office though w/o ever having been in the government. so i'll shut up.
Old September 7, 2002, 15:40   #51
Apocalypse
Emperor

One thing I forgot about my schedule. I will soon be working for a soon to be named X-COM site. I'll mainly news though so it won't take up too much time.
Old September 7, 2002, 15:50   #52
adaMada
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Duddha
I'm running on a Hawk ticket if we're still putting party designation next to our names.
Added.

I'll also put links to the Campeign Threads (any that are started) as the name of the office being run for.

I'll add (incumbant) next to all the incumbants if anyone wants, but I won't do that unless asked since I'm not sure if it'd create any bias...

-- adaMada

EDIT: One note about bias. Adding party affiliations could potentially be negative, if you're the only person with an affiliation (Could also be positive, I'm not really sure if it'll make any difference). That's why I'm only flagging people who specifically request it, even if I know they're from a given party.
Old September 7, 2002, 15:57   #53
Apocalypse
Emperor

Do you guys realize that if none of you run for Minister of the Economy that will be one of my jobs as VP?
Old September 7, 2002, 16:13   #54
adaMada
King

Apoc,
I'm hoping that someone will pick it up before the nomination period ends... (When is that, by the way?) I made a point of underlining the fact in my top post, to make sure everyone sees it.

If worst comes to worst, I probably could run for MoE -- I'd just rather not. I really like working in the Foreign Ministry, and hope to continue serving as a Deputy for another term. If worst came to absolute worst, however, I probably could do it... but I wouldn't volunteer for it until the day before the nomination period was up, and only then if I really thought it needed to be done.

-- adaMada
Old September 7, 2002, 16:17   #55
Apocalypse
Emperor

The Minister of the Economy does have a few FM related jobs. You'd get to talk about resource trading You'd even get veto power. I won't really have to do MoE stuff. Me and OPD would have the power to appoint people to open minister slots.

I think elections start the 12th, but I don't know for sure.
Old September 7, 2002, 16:47   #56
adaMada
King

Yea, the MoE wouldn't be a bad job, but I'm really enjoying the FM, so I'd personally rather stay there.

If you and OPD have the power to appoint someone else to that position, then I'll probably just stay out of it... I also wouldn't be supprised if a less active player who wants to try his (or her) hand at government took it up before the elections either.

Actually, just had one thought... Reddawg, would you like to try running as Minister of the Economy? It's a lighter position right now, so it wouldn't take a lot of work, and based on your work with the stats I think you'd be great at it... It'd probably be about as much work as being an active assistant to one of the more busy ministers too. Just a thought, of course.

-- adaMada
Old September 7, 2002, 17:10   #57
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

If noone is willing to run for MoE then I will. Keep in mind though that I will most likely not be able to attend any turnchats due to hours and connectivity problems with Dalnet so I'll make a crappy minister.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old September 7, 2002, 17:15   #58
Apocalypse
Emperor

The MoE doesn't really need to attend chats. I, at least, will mainly do turnthreads too.
Old September 7, 2002, 17:31   #59
Shiber
Emperor

Yeah, the president or vice or whoever is playing the game can do the basics such as adjusting the sliders upon demand himself. However I still think ministers should participate in turnchats.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old September 7, 2002, 19:01   #60
Thud
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNever Ending StoriesC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC4BtSDG Templars
Prince

In order to back up my language in the DIA charter, I'd like to run with the DIA name.

I'd like to assure the voting population that I will not run a partisan election, and will not use partisan politics in my post if elected. If anyone has any idea as to how you would go about being partisan with a position like Minister of Science, I'd like to hear it. It's bound to be funny.

Btw, this is just me. If political suicide doesn't appeal to you, you don't have to run with the DIA name if a member .

Actually, my opponent was once a DIA member, so I don't think you should put too much stock in party differences in this particular election anyhow.

Um, should candidates be responsible for posting election threads, or should that be done by ada or another neutral?