Old September 11, 2002, 22:34   #91
Nimitz
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG LegolandNever Ending StoriesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameNationStates
King

Local Time: 02:31
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I'd like to run for Foreign Adivsor if I still can and put the DIA tag on.
Old September 11, 2002, 22:40   #92
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Nimitz,

Done.

Its my understanding that you can still run for positions until the 12th, when the elections start, but don't hold me to that -- starting the elections isn't my job, so I can't give an official answer as to when.

One word of advice -- Togas will be away until the 15th. Don't expect him to participate in any debates until then, though I will be happy to answer questions about what he's accomplished and done this term as his deputy. Also, if you'll be wanting a campeign thread, then that'll mean you'll probably have to start one yourself. Togas being the incumbant, that might not be a bad idea .

-- adaMada
Old September 12, 2002, 06:34   #93
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 01:31
Quote:
Originally posted by adaMada
Its my understanding that you can still run for positions until the 12th, when the elections start, but don't hold me to that -- starting the elections isn't my job, so I can't give an official answer as to when.
Uh, I beleive the Vice President starts the elections, but UnOrthO might not be back until they are over..........

SO, is the President going to start them today?
Old September 12, 2002, 07:52   #94
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Ouch -- almost missed Will's withdrawal.

Sorry, and that's been fixed now.

Let me know if I missed anything else.

I'm guessing MWIA will start the election threads, but who knows when it'll actually be our time -- it might be tomorrow for us if I'm doing the math right.

If anyone wants to make any last minute changes, I'll be updating for another half hour now, and then will be doing an update when I get home at about 3:00 PM EST if he hasn't started a thread yet or posted here and ended the nomination period.

-- adaMada
Old September 12, 2002, 08:11   #95
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 19:31
YIKES! It's 1217GMT on the 12th... guess I'd better put up the dratted things....

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old September 12, 2002, 08:25   #96
adaMada
King

Okey .

Nominations closed.

-- adaMada
Old September 12, 2002, 09:04   #97
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Elections are up.

Vote away...

That's it, vote me out. You KNOW you want to.

Old September 12, 2002, 09:07   #98
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

Re: Civ3-Democrazy Game
Thanks for the intriguing post, Watergate. So, there are all sorts of people watching us like we're in some kind of Big Brother show....

Who would YOU vote off?

Quote:
Originally posted by Watergate
...partly newspapers and partly Pentagon Papers. It is politics and poetry, history and hysteria, psychology and psychedelia.
So... which part am I? The light relief?

Old September 12, 2002, 20:30   #99
adaMada
King

Updated the top post with links to all the elections instead of ones to Campeign Threads.

All the existing campeign threads are linked from the election threads... hopefully if we prod MIWA enough, he'll add any new ones that come along to those threads for simplicity.

Hopefully this is the last update. (Not that I mind doing it, but I think everyone else is probably tired of seeing them ).

-- adaMada
Old September 13, 2002, 09:36   #100
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 01:31
Re: Civ3-Democrazy Game
Quote:
Originally posted by Watergate
Dear Gamers,

maybe this is not the right place for a post like mine, but i just spent a couple of days and a nice bunch of hours reading about the great role-play you're doing and I suddenly feel the urge to give you a little feedback from OUTSIDE.

I don't know if you had this in mind, but it IS definetly great entertainment you're performing not only from a players but from a READERS point of view.
You may be gaming, but you're also storytelling. And I like it.

And what a great story it is. It's partly newspapers and partly Pentagon Papers. It is politics and poetry, history and hysteria, psychology and psychedelia. It is the small stories that make the great one that is more than the sum of its parts.

Of course it is a romance too. I always fall in love with Joan of Arc and it's not the same to see her on the negotiation screen or Chancellor Bismarck. One thing is a man to man fight another to beat a woman. (In my own games I always try to please beautiful Joan with diamonds and luxuries until my empire is on the edge of ruin.)

The game considered a mere game is already big - considered as a story it becomes boundless.

Thank you

Best Regards

Watergate
I, for one am glad that you are enjoying it, even from the outside. I am glad you have seen the newspaper, and that you understand the interesting psychological experiment aspect of this as well. It is all very entertaining to me as well. Perhaps too much so. I have mostly quit playing my own games, as they seem to lack so much after playing, and role playing, in here. It does truly add a whole new dimension to the game, and I look forward to PTW and the possibilities of setting up a multi site game with other Human couterparts.

ada,

That was a wonderfull job. You saved me alot of work, just for the links to the polls.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby