View Poll Results: What are your thoughts on replacing UberKruX as SMC
Grant Aggie ful SMC powers 35 83.33%
Aggie remains a Deputy - he must consult Uber on every order 4 9.52%
Uber must stay as SMC, else we impeach him 3 7.14%
I nominate the following person for Acting SMC... 0 0%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 5, 2002, 08:57   #1
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 19:31
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Confirmation of Aggie as Acting SMC
I have received permission from Uber for this poll, which is to confirm Aggie as having the full powers of the SMC, or to find an alternative.

This poll is strictly to ensure Constitutional compliance of Aggie's role since the legality of his assuming office has been questioned.

Option 1: Aggie is conferred with all powers of the SMC's office until the new election (he serves Uber's remaining term)

Option 2: Aggie must act only as Deputy, that is he must seek Uber's approval for all orders

Option 3: We must force Uber to serve his term/impeach if he refuses

Option 4: Nominate another to take SMC for the remainder of the term

A three day poll, which means the result will still allow for a week of play before new elections are finished.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old September 5, 2002, 09:04   #2
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 07:31
As funny as it would be to make Aggie track down and consult uber on every decision I still voted for the first one.
Old September 5, 2002, 09:17   #3
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 03:31
Voted the first one.

Although I am tempted to still impeach uber, not because of any personal reason, but just to try and keep formalities in place. Sorry Uber, no offence ment.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old September 5, 2002, 09:22   #4
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

IMO, a popular vote from the people in an officially done poll can overrule ANYthing.

Maybe not according to our Constitution, but that is just my thought on it.

Our Constitution is here to help us, we are not here to support the Constitution. If we have to go against the grain to stay legal (eg by impeaching Uber just because the Constitution says we need to), the thing is worthless.

I call on everyone to vote for Aggie as the successor to Uber. In the interests of fairness, and of keeping the game going!

Old September 5, 2002, 11:37   #5
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 04:31
Uber has solid reasons to stay out for a time. The college, school or work can call us any time. He was an amazing SMC, and that includes the choice of Aggie, no one could be better as his deputy. So, we need to make this in the most friendly way: no impeachment, grant Aggie full SMC powers and go on with the game. IMO, this administration does an excellent job, the things flow easily. We just need to vote the first one and keep our democracy working. Thanks, Uber, and go, Aggie!
Old September 5, 2002, 11:54   #6
DAVOUT
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 08:31
Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
IMO, a popular vote from the people in an officially done poll can overrule ANYthing.

Maybe not according to our Constitution, but that is just my thought on it.

Our Constitution is here to help us, we are not here to support the Constitution. If we have to go against the grain to stay legal (eg by impeaching Uber just because the Constitution says we need to), the thing is worthless.
The ultimate Constitution

Unique Article : Everything is decided by the people in an offically done poll, and can be overruled the same way.

I have not yet understood why Uber did not resign.
Old September 5, 2002, 12:32   #7
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 09:31
hi ,

, this is a difficult choice , .....

he is doing a great job , .....

actually we have to good and excellent people there , maybe they should continue to work together , ....

no vote yet , ....

have a nice day
Old September 5, 2002, 13:11   #8
Proserpine
Warlord

Local Time: 07:31
I voted for Aggie to stay as deputy (option 2), however I think in reality the situation should fall between 1 & 2, he should consult on overall strategy but have discretion to act on details.

If Uber resigns or is impeached, then we would have to have a new election for SMC, which is a waste of time so far into the term. IMO to give Aggie full powers is not possible without an election (no offence Aggie, you are doing a good job, just my view of the Constitution)
Old September 5, 2002, 18:22   #9
wervdon
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 01:31
Quote:
I don't agree with you there, else we just boil down to a democracy with acting elected leaders to fill in the gaps in the polls And if thats what we want, we may as well make our constitution say that :P

But I do think Aggie should have the full powers of the SMC since she has the responsibilities

Besides I don't see why we should have to impeach uber. We can just consider Uber to be the SMC who has fully delegated all of his powers to a subordinate for the rest of the term (I dont think the constitution says he can't do that), and as long as the people support it enough to not impeach him for it, why isn't that legal?
Old September 5, 2002, 19:51   #10
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by wervdon

I don't agree with you there, else we just boil down to a democracy with acting elected leaders to fill in the gaps in the polls And if thats what we want, we may as well make our constitution say that :P
Don't mind me, I'm just showing my 3C2A3 roots.

Quote:
But I do think Aggie should have the full powers of the SMC since she has the responsibilities

Besides I don't see why we should have to impeach uber. We can just consider Uber to be the SMC who has fully delegated all of his powers to a subordinate for the rest of the term (I dont think the constitution says he can't do that), and as long as the people support it enough to not impeach him for it, why isn't that legal?
This is all I am saying. I want to avoid any messy early election or a need for Uber to have to be here when it is obviously not easy for him to do so. We don't want to make a habit of having Ministers deputise and then disppear purposefully, but in this case we owe it to Uber to let him get on with RL and I think we owe it to Aggie to let him know he is in charge.

My main motivation for this poll was that I saw the potential for someone to take to the Court the matter of Aggie basically being SMC without an election. The Court doesn't need this and I sure as hell would fight this eventuality tooth and nail. Aggie has been brill', and he wouldn't deserve such nitpicking. So, in the interests of the nitpickers; this poll.

Old September 5, 2002, 20:07   #11
Duddha
Civilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 23:31
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I think this poll is invailed according to current law.
Old September 5, 2002, 20:16   #12
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 02:31
Please don't tell me that we're going to have to go through the courts so Aggie can continue to do his job -- take over for Uber in his absence -- for another ten days.

I understand that there's the desire to follow the law that's been laid out, but sometimes it's good to live and let by...

-- adaMada
Old September 5, 2002, 20:21   #13
Duddha
Civilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

I don't have a problem with Aggie taking over Uber's job as his deputy, even if he doesn't consult Uber, but he cannot be made SMC without an election.

When Timeline left the job of, umm, I think it was city planner, we had to have a new election. Unlike that situation I think Uber should not officially resign and just have Aggie run the job as his deputy under Uber's name.
Old September 5, 2002, 20:30   #14
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Isn't that what we're talking about? Uber has basically offered to grant Aggie authority to do whatever he wishes for the rest of the term... MWIA just started this poll to officially allow Aggie to have this power, so he is not chalanged, and also let him have the title "Acting SMC". I think, however, that he's still technically a deputy, not that it really matters.

Sorry if I misinterpreted what you said...

-- adaMada
Old September 5, 2002, 20:33   #15
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

As I see in a neighbouring office at the University every day - S'il n'y a pas de plainte, il n'y a pas de probleme!

If there ain't no complaints, there ain't no problem!

Old September 5, 2002, 20:48   #16
Duddha
Prince

adaMada, if Aggie is only the Acting SMC, I guess you're right.
Old September 5, 2002, 20:53   #17
wervdon
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Well in my opinion if there is a problem with Aggie being SMC in practice (if not title) because Uber "gave" his powers to her, then the legal remedy would be to impeach Uber, but based on the results of this poll so far anyone who is going to be anal enough to try to call for uber's impeachment over it would suffer an emaressing defeat anyways
Old September 5, 2002, 21:06   #18
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Quote:
Just about... however there is the case where the majority elect to do something that runs rough-shod over the minority. That is one of the major reasons the rule of law is so important and the rule of the mob has been rejected by most 'civilised' nations.

btw, Goooooooo Aggie!

If someone complains, we'll deal with it.
Old September 5, 2002, 21:57   #19
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Thank you all for your kind support.
Aggie
Old September 6, 2002, 00:48   #20
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

i'm voting for option 1.

the reason i'm doing it this way is because theres only 10 days until elections and the government is unstable as it stands. no need to shake it up for this.

plus, does anyone even want to run against aggie in such an election?

Aggie's the man for the job. He is a worthy successor to my office, and I thank him very much for everything he has done.
Old September 6, 2002, 01:06   #21
Ninot
PtWDG RoleplayC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by UberKruX
the reason i'm doing it this way is because theres only 10 days until elections and the government is unstable as it stands. no need to shake it up for this.
lol, how many times has Uber ever said the government was stable?
Old September 6, 2002, 01:10   #22
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

What's a revolution or two between friends?
Old September 6, 2002, 02:53   #23
caesarqbear
Chieftain

To keep it legal we should call Aggie the Acting SMC.
Old September 6, 2002, 11:36   #24
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by caesarqbear
hi ,

that should do it , ......

we should also think about that for the future , ..... in the col , ...

and anyone who has something against it should speak now , ...

have a nice day

Last edited by Panag; September 6, 2002 at 11:43.
Old September 6, 2002, 11:47   #25
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 04:31
Quote:
As I see in a neighbouring office at the University every day - S'il n'y a pas de plainte, il n'y a pas de probleme!

If there ain't no complaints, there ain't no problem!
Man, this is really true.

Quote:
Originally posted by caesarqbear
So, lets do it!
Old September 7, 2002, 01:18   #26
kring
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerNationStatesCTP2 Source Code ProjectApolyton UniversityCivilization IV Creators
King

Uber needs to step down or do his job; and if he steps down, then we need to hold election for a new SMC.

I have nothing against Aggie or Uber. How ironic that Uber has complained about others leaving their posts, and yet he does the same thing.
Old September 7, 2002, 11:46   #27
Robber Baron
Prince

Looks like a thumping vote of confidence for Aggie. The people are speaking clearly and in chorus.
Constitutionally, cant Uber, as elected SMC, set up whatever structures of execution (e.g., full delegation of powers to deputy) as he sees fit?
Old September 7, 2002, 14:03   #28
Panag
Emperor

hi ,

okay , what does our constition say about all of this , ....

and how should we take care of it , judges , ...

have a nice day