Old September 5, 2002, 10:07   #1
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 19:31
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Pre-turnchat time...?
One of the best ideas to come out of my ask for ways to improve the turnchats is the idea of a pre-turnchat for Ministers/someone to act on a Minister's behalf.

I hope to initiate this before the next chat, either Sunday morning or Tuesday evening. It will not take long, just under an hour for all Ministers and me to check over the orders and ensure they are compatible and I understand fully what is to be done.

We can do this in the same chatroom as the chats.

Ministers, can you either post some times for the next few days that you can be available for a 30-40 minute chat (the more organised your orders the quicker the chat should be - hint, hint ), or alternately, appoint someone to be therefor you. These people need not be deputies as such, just someone to read out the orders you have.

Thanks,
MrWIA.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old September 5, 2002, 10:35   #2
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 02:31
My schedule works like this. I am unavailable during the following times. 13:00est(13:00cdt for me) to 16:15est. This corresponds to 18gmt to 21:15 Gmt. On saturdays, starting the 14th I will be unavaiable from 10est to 15est.(15gmt-20gmt) .
Aggie
Old September 5, 2002, 12:13   #3
Donal Graeme
Civilization III Democracy Game
Warlord

Local Time: 23:31
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I don't really need to show up, if you guys want me there, i will try to be there on time. I think that we should build a settler in Banana HQ for Uber Isle, so that Banana HQ doesn't get any larger. If this is not acceptable, then we will have to increase the luxury rate or make a citizen an entertainer. Wait a second... No, we don't need to do that. The Temple in Here It is will cause our cultural borders to expand, netting us a Wine Luxury. Ok, i think we can maintain the 9/1/0 slider for now.
Old September 5, 2002, 13:01   #4
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 07:31
I havn't spoken to Godking about it yet but I was planning on building a granary in BHQ first (about 9 turns) and then building a couple of stlrs.

As for the lux slider the pres should use his judgement to keep BHQ and poly in order by raising luxs untill the wines are connected. They will need another happy face on the third turn but we don't now whether the french wkr is building a road or how long that will take.
Old September 5, 2002, 17:58   #5
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 02:31
Togas is going away soon... I think he'll still be around for these chats, but I thought I'd post a reply anyway just in case.

I can't make either of the times in question -- one being 4 AM here (sorry, but I don't like the demogame that much ) and the other being a school night (actually, with that one, I might drop in, but can't promise anything).

In general, for the weeks that Togas is away, I can do a lot of stuff on the weekend (as long as it's sometime in the daytime of EST). Weeks are harder if a physical presence (or at least an electronic one) is required.

-- adaMada

Edit: Actually, if the preturnchat is on Friday, then I might be able to make some of it... not the beginning, but maybe the second half. If I can, I'll show up to get a feel for what's going on, though Togas should be there anyway. Not sure it matters all that much to anyone, but thought I might as well update my post

Last edited by adaMada; September 6, 2002 at 00:21.
Old September 5, 2002, 19:41   #6
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Next weekend (my last in office ), daytime EST won't be a problem. It's just this week that I have a trip away for a sizeable amount of Saturday afternoon -Sunday my time.

OK guys... some of the orders are posted, so any objections to a quick chat to try and sort out any clashes/confusions at Friday 2200 GMT/1700 EST?

Donal - unless you want to be there, you don't need to be. We shouldn't be making many economic decisions ATM unless I need to make entertainers/ adjust the lux slider as a quick unhappiness prevention.

I guess the most important Minister for this are SMC, Imperial Expansion ATM (unless where and when the settler for Uber Island comes from has been agreed upon alread), City Planner and the PW Minister. These orders are the most complex and are somewhat interdependent, so some cooperation would be nice.

If anyone else wants to turn up to the chat and help out, you're welcome. But please, less chattiness than in the turnchats - I want an hour max for this preturnchat.

Old September 5, 2002, 21:26   #7
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

I will be leaving for my vacation on Saturday, so I cannot attend anything on Sunday. Hopefully ada will be able to make it, but that will depend on what time the turnchat is held.

But I CAN make it for a pre-chat on Friday 2200 GMT/1700 EST.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old September 6, 2002, 18:26   #8
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 07:31
Cough cough

Old September 6, 2002, 18:33   #9
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

A few of us made it ... Aggie, OPD, ada, myself. We had a long discussion about the coming turnchat and other issues, but we would have liked to see one of the executives there.

Things seem fine for the comming turnchat on Sat night/Sunday. Just don't end the Persian war before I get back from vacation.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old September 6, 2002, 20:08   #10
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

Ah f***. Sorry guys, I didn't think it had been AGREED!

I need to stop putting myself into these situations.

Well, at least it's good to hear the idea sounded like it worked to a degree.

I guess from the number of Ministers who have said they can turn up on Sunday that should be the chat time. The annoying thing is that the poll I posted is split, 11 each way. Well, at least it's just an UNOFFICIAL poll.