Old September 5, 2002, 12:50   #1
cbraund
Prince

Local Time: 07:31
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Red for Danger
Nick Smith, codenamed MATRIX, peeked around the corner once more.

The guards had left the trucks finally, to go to the toilets in the last civilised area before it began to head through Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan into Afghanistan.

Osama bin Laden(Nick always preferred the O spelling, he didn't know why) was still in Afghanistan it seemed, and Nick's job was to hunt him down.

So why was he on the Russian border? he asked himself. The answer was he didn't know, the CIA, the agency he worked for had ordered him here, and to find out what was in this heavily defended convoy.

Damn, the T80s that were on each end of the convoy were watching it as the others relieved themselves.

But the APCs were empty, and he realised that there was a way.

He dived from cover, and threw himself below the rear T80, whose turret was aimed backwards.

From there he crawled forwards, ever mindful of the time. He dived under the next APC, and rushed towards the third truck in the convoy. This close, he realised the trucks were a lot bigger than the normal ones, and a lot more armoured.

He lifted the tarpaulin, and gasped.

An ICBM!

A shout and a machine gun burst sent Nick diving for cover, and he jumped on top of the APC and got in, using the machine gun to clear a route out of here.

He acclerated off the road, hoping to get down the ditch quickly, but the T80's turret was turning, and aiming.

And firing.

Nick shuddered with relief as the APC slipped then rolled down the ditch, and the T80's shot went high.

He clambered out, and began to sprint into cover.

The Russians, knowing that to follow him would be to risk the safety of the convoy, reported the sighting to a Hind gunship squadron, which would hunt him down. They continued on their way.

But from a tall tree near the road, Nick watched on his night vision goggles.

There! he thought as he saw the insignia on the sleeves of the soldiers.

His blood ran cold as he recognised it.

It was the symbol of the KGB.

Just a teaser! Sorry about Dangerous Games V, I'll try and finish it sometime.

This is probably my last story for a while cause I'm going to college and work etc, but I hope you'll like it!

Comments appreciated, and your feelings on me using real life people in this.

Nemesis
Old September 5, 2002, 18:34   #2
jdd2007
NationStates
King

Local Time: 03:31
that was good. if i was him, i would think about nothing else besides contacting the CIA about the discovery.
Old September 5, 2002, 22:29   #3
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 01:31
this is great!

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old September 5, 2002, 22:48   #4
cbraund
Prince

Nick waited outside the Chairman's office, wondering what this meeting was for.

Well, he partly knew. He knew it had something to do with the ICBMs he had discovered, and hoped it was to be part of a squad which would hunt Osama down and kill him once and for all before the nukes could be launched.

Wait, ICBMs? Don't they require bunkers, or at least some kind of launch pad? he asked himself.

Then he rechecked the info that he had been given on his way into Langley, the CIA HQ.

There it was. Building materials, all the stuff needed to make bunkers, all heading into Afghanistan from Russia as part of the international aid to help rebuild Afghanistan.

But most of the Russian imports went missing once in Afghanistan, most likely through Osama still having henchmen in Kabul.

So he's got his bunkers, Nick thought. But why has Russia provided the nukes? And why were those men wearing KGB stuff? Are they a Communist terrorist group, or is Russia preparing to become the Soviet Union once more?

So many questions, too few answers, he shook his head, then was startled as the secretary tapped him on the shoulder and told him the Chairman was waiting.

"Good to see you Nick," the Chairman smiled as Nick entered.

"Likewise sir," Nick replied.

"Now, we know Osama has the nukes, and the bunkers to launch them from, and we don't know where."

"I guessed that sir. I just hope we find his hideout before the nukes reach him."

"That isn't the complete story. Those nuclear ICBMs still require launch codes, as they have security devices on them. Those codes are kept in the Kremlin, and without them, Osama cannot launch the ICBMs."

"So how is he going to get them?" Nick asked, dismissing the KGB sighting now as a terrorist group.

"He has an insider in the Kremlin, more an ally actually. This man is going to get the launch codes, so we want you to..."

"Go in there and kill him before he can." Nick finished for him.

"Yes."

"So have you told the Russian leader about this?"

"Vladimir Putin has not been informed, and will not be."

"Why not?"

"Because we do not wish to inform the man you must kill that you are there to murder him."

Nick gasped. So Russia really was helping the terrorists, and by the files he spotted on the Chairman's desk, it looked like Russia was going to go Communist again.

"I guess it's really hit the fan this time then?" Nick smiled weakly.

"You can say that again," the Chairman groaned.

More to come tomorrow!

Comments appreciated!

Thanks,
Nemesis
Old September 6, 2002, 12:35   #5
cbraund
Prince

The commanders of the Armed Forces, the CIA Chairman, the FBI Chairman, the President and the Secretaries of State, Treasury and Defence all waited anxiously.

The Armed Forces had secretly moved to DEFCON II readiness, ready to act very quickly to an attack. Forces in Europe, and America's carriers were on DEFCON I, the maximum possible alert - ready to act immediately.

Now they could only wait though.

Nick entered the office of the Putin, his heart in his throat.

The security systems and guards and posed problems, but not too many for a man who was becoming a legend in the CIA.

Five minutes later he heard footsteps in the corridor, and hid under the desk.

The door opened.

"Kill the spy." Putin spoke calmly.

Nick jumped from the desk just in time, as bullets smashed through the rear panel of wood to ricochet off of the floor.

"Did you think we didn't know about you, American? The KGB are a lot more clever than that, we knew you were entering the Kremlin at the very first security post, just we let it pass."

"What about the innocent men I killed? You knew they were in danger!" Nick shouted from his hiding place.

"The Soviet Union must survive, and to do that, I must have proof of an American spy trying to assassinate me. Those men were expendable, good servants to the Motherland.

"Oh, and now it is time to die."

The KGB men around Putin opened fire, and Nick dived and rolled into cover once more.

The new General Secretary of the Soviet Union spotted Nick looking at the window.

"It won't do you any good jumping out of there, we're five floors up." Putin laughed.

"He's confirmed that Russia will become the Soviet Union, Mr. President." Cheney growled.

"And he's given nuclear weapons to terrorists to hurt America. I think we can safely say this man is not going to be the friend of America, and we have enough evidence to destroy him now, before he can control Russia's nuclear weaponry." Rumsfeld made his view clear.

"Very well, take him out, and take out the new Soviet Union." President Bush gave the orders.

The sounds of engines outside startled Putin, and Nick jumped out of the window.

The KGB guards ran to see him fall, only to see him climbing up a rope attached to a Black Hawk helicopter.

They opened fire, only to be met with a hail of bullets from a Comanche.

The Americans were already in.

There was only one serious contender for the Russian Presidency, only one man who could take on and beat Putin in the hearts of the Russian people.

Boris Yeltsin, and Putin knew it.

The Spetsnaz men burst in through the door to Yeltsin's home, to find it empty.

"Upstairs," one spoke in Russian. The others nodded.

They charged up the stairs - this wasn't supposed to be a quiet operation, just a murder.

The Spetsnaz captain smashed down the door to Yeltsin's bedroom.

Empty.

He ordered a search of the house, but it was too late.

The detached house blew up in a ball of flame, and the British SAS killed any survivors.

Boris Yeltsin appeared on TV stations all over Russia, the Americans having hacked into Russian communications.

"My dear Russian people," Yeltsin began. "We have been done a great wrong, our freedom, our democracy is being taken away by a tyrant! Vladimir Putin is trying to make Russia into a Communist nation once more! Rise up with me, and restore freedom to Russia once more!"

Yeltsin feared it was all in vain though. Maybe a quarter would rise up, but most would support the change, since democracy had brought nothing but shame and poverty to them.

"We're taking out their nuclear sites as we speak." Rumsfeld confirmed.

"Good."

"As for Afghanistan, I think Nick can do it," the CIA Chairman spoke.

"He's screwed up twice already!" Cheney groaned.

"I haven't." Nick snapped, entering the Situation Room.

"So why is there a huge war with Russia going on, and nuclear codes on the way to Osama bin Laden?" Cheney demanded.

"Putin survived yes, but he forgot these." Nick handed over the launch codes.

"Damn." Bush cursed as he read the targets, which were underneath the launch codes.

Washington DC, New York and London.

More to come later! Comments appreciated!

Chris AKA Nemesis
Old September 6, 2002, 16:54   #6
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 01:31
please don't make bush into a hero! In fact, he should secretly be passing information the the russians!

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old September 7, 2002, 22:17   #7
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Local Time: 08:31
Perhaps bush could turn out to be Osama's half sister who had a sex change in the eighties then,your doing a great job with this so far.I hope Bin Laden gets it good and preferably painfully.Go on Nick hunt down that dog.
Theres something odd about Putin sacrificing all those submariners rather than risking letting anyone see the Kursk,you might not be that far off the mark.
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.